CK Logo
Bootcamps
Projects
Post main image

Classification of Race and Ethnicity

Training a Deep CNN to predict the Race of Celebrities

#1 Project of March

Using a Deep CONVNET to Build a Model for Classifying Different Races such as Mongoloid, Negroid and Caucasian This kernel uses a deep CONVNET that was trained on Google GPU to perform Race Classification on a zipped file containing faces of different races. Each of the image are either labelled as: Caucasian: includes people of American and European descent, also known as whites Mongoloid: includes people of Asian descent, especially Eastern Asian Negroid: includes people of African descent or black Americans The zip Dataset contains various images of faces of different races which was aggregated from https://www.shutterstock.com/ I used this to build an face image classifier using a tf.keras.Sequential.model and I also built a input data pipeline using tf.keras.preprocessing.image.ImageDataGenerator. This project workflow includes: - Loading the zipped dataset from my google drive - Examining and understanding the dataset - Building a Data Image input pipeline - Building a Deep CNN Architecture - Training a CNN model - Testing the model - Using the model for prediction on new data All these was done with tensorflow 2.x.

Screenshots
Project screenshot 1
Project screenshot 2
Project screenshot 3

Skip straight to final coding interviews with
Remote Companies!

CK Projects Rewards

1. Get feedback on your portfolio projects from fellow techies and makers.

2. Free 3 months subscription to Crash to pitch top companies.

3. Access Career Karma Hiring Assessment powered by Triplebyte to introduce top bootcamp students to remote friendly tech companies.

4. Portfolio Projects Masterclass Workshops.

Top Makers

Most active posts

Top projects

Wow 😮
It seems like no one added any projects during the past week...