Angular is one of the best frameworks to work with as a web developer. It has Angular modules and many standard features that can help increase your development speed and productivity. If you’re hoping to gain some hands-on experience to learn Angular for web and software development, we’ve got you covered.
In this article, we’ve compiled the best Angular projects to help you enhance your skills and build up your portfolio. It includes beginner, intermediate, and advanced projects to help you out wherever you are on your learning path. It also includes some top tips to help you put together a strong portfolio.
5 Skills That Angular Projects Can Help You Practice
Developers mainly use Angular to build single-page applications (SPAs). It helps them simplify the development process and reduce the project duration because they can reuse codes and achieve more with shorter codes as well. With the following skills, developers can harness the full potential of the Angular framework.
- HTML and CSS: These programming languages are fundamental tools for any web developer, so you should take the time to learn HTML and CSS. When creating your Angular application projects, you’ll need them to render your applications in browsers.
- TypeScript: The Angular framework is written in TypeScript, an object oriented programming language that enables developers to write codes with little or no bugs. This skill will help you design Angular applications faster.
- Angular CLI: The Angular command-line interface, or CLI, is an Angular package you will install to enhance your development capabilities. It helps simplify your Angular code, reduce development time, and limit errors in the general script.
- Node Package Manager (NPM): As a web developer, you will require some external development packages that will give you access to a component library. In Angular, these packages are required, so you must know how to install them. You should also know how to incorporate non-Angular packages into the Angular framework.
Best Angular Project Ideas for Beginners
The best way to learn Angular basics is through simple projects that help you get some initial practical experience. The following projects for beginners are designed to help you master the fundamentals and gain some confidence using the framework.
- Angular Skills Practiced: HTML and CSS, TypeScript
For this project, you can use Node.js or Angular CLI to build a notepad. It acts as a digital notebook that allows users to make, save, edit, and delete notes. Stored notes can be arranged in a list format in the order in which they were created. This will also allow you to practice creating an interface with a simple layout and header component.
- Angular Skills Practiced: Angular CLI, NPM
A URL shortener does exactly what it says. It shortens URLs so they can be included in spaces where the character count is limited. You can develop your URL shortener from scratch or use Polr, a software powered by Lumen. Polr is written in PHP and helps manage, brand, and shorten your links when hosted on your domain.
Through this project, you will design a budget calculator that allows users to input their income and keep track of their expenses. This tool is designed to help users identify bad spending habits and improve their money management. Make sure you give attention to the user interface by implementing the necessary Angular components and features.
For this project, you will develop a currency converter that offers a simple exchange service based on current exchange rates. Users should be able to add countries and access past rates to have an overview of the progression or regression of currencies. In addition, the location on the application should automatically change when necessary.
81% of participants stated they felt more confident about their tech job prospects after attending a bootcamp. Get matched to a bootcamp today.
The average bootcamp grad spent less than six months in career transition, from starting a bootcamp to finding their first job.
This is a project for beginners that involves developing an app that works like Google Maps. This app should give the location of businesses, malls, restaurants, gas stations, and towns. Also, it should provide a direction on how to get to whatever location. The app employs Angular features and advanced GIS mapping technology to perform its duty.
Best Intermediate Angular Project Ideas
As you progress on your Angular journey, you’ll be able to take on more complex projects that require a higher level of skill. The projects below are perfect for intermediate developers and will help you further advance your Angular skills.
You will create a personal blog application with a header and footer component, screens, and interactive elements to enhance the user experience. The application can center on any topic of your choice, but it should include a general blog description and a contact feature. Every blog post should be easily accessible, and it should have good design and a table of contents.
For this open source project, you will develop a dashboard in which data visualization is a primary component. Ensure that your dashboard has a minimalist design with complementary colors. Your dashboard should have charts and diagrams to represent data in the simplest possible way. This is a great way to practice Angular development with Angular workspaces.
Here, you will create a chat application with key features like login, cloud storage, dark and light themes, notifications, read receipts, and message broadcasting. You can take inspiration from popular chat apps like WhatsApp. The interface should be visually appealing, and you can incorporate a section for uploading stories and updating statues.
Music Player Application
For this project, you will create a music application that gives users access to a list of songs and albums arranged in different categories. Users will also be able to create a playlist and use a search engine. While the music app should have cool features and engaging aesthetics, make sure to focus on functionality and user experience as well.
Chess Game Application
Chess is one of the most popular strategic games in the world. In this project, you will create a chess game application using object oriented languages. The game should allow a maximum of two users. If there is only one player, the game’s algorithm should evaluate possible moves and determine the computer’s response.
- Career Karma matches you with top tech bootcamps
- Get exclusive scholarships and prep courses
Advanced Angular Project Ideas
If you’re an expert looking to solidify your skills and create strong pieces for your portfolio, check the list below. It includes some of the best advanced Angular project ideas for you to try out. You can use expert development tools for lots of different web apps and projects.
Food Ordering Application
The application should allow users to browse through a menu, add to carts, and place orders. The project will teach you to integrate interactive elements and help you learn more about creating simple, user-oriented designs. According to Statista, the online food delivery market is worth $111 million, which means food ordering apps are in high demand.
For this project, you will create an ecommerce application that has a good design and structured layout. There will be different sections of the application, including the product section, payment section, personal account section, and search engine. Your level of information architecture is important in this project.
In this project, you will create a news application to enable users to get the latest information about various topics of their choosing. Some knowledge of data fusion is needed so that users get to read filtered and authentic news. The application should have a search engine and a design that is easy to navigate.
Social Media Application
In this project, you will build a social media clone with the same functionalities as any popular social media app. You can take inspiration from Twitter and try to redesign the interface as well as the general structure. Your application should allow users to share, like, and make comments under posts.
- Angular Skills Practiced: TypeScript, Angular CLI
A chatbot is a computer program that uses machine learning methodologies and artificial intelligence to communicate with humans. You will design a chatbot that performs the above function and provides solutions to various problems that individuals might have. This project relies on a lot of data and advanced backend skills.
Angular Starter Project Templates
Real-world projects sometimes require the use of templates due to the scale of the project or time constraints. By using an Angular project template, developers can enhance their efficiency and productivity with code that already exists. With templates, you can make modifications to fit your concept while delivering beautiful designs to your clients.
- Minovate Admin Dashboard Template: This admin template has a responsive design, which means that it can work on every device. It has elements and layers that are fully customizable, and it comes with different basic layout options. It is compatible with different browsers and maintains a high resolution.
- Emporium Ecommerce Template: This ecommerce template is built on Angular CLI and Angular 13. It is fully responsive, editable, and versatile with six different themes. The homepage has large screens for displaying various products with a slideshow. Finally, it is built with a simple code that is easy to understand.
- Sing App Angular Template: This is a multi-purpose template because it has applications for dashboards, SaaS apps, and ecommerce apps, to mention a few. The Angular material design features theme options, charts library, responsive structure, and various screens. You also have access to elements and widgets that you can modify.
- Deluxe Angular Bundle Template: This is a three-in-one template comprising an admin template, a SITE template, and a full starter app template. It has multiple layers that can be configured, and it also comes with responsive layouts. In addition, it utilizes the Angular Universal for the Server-Side Rendering (SSR) of your app.
- Angular Material Admin Design Template: This Angular template can be used to create data visualization and SaaS apps. It has a wide range of features like a notifications bar, data charts, basic tables, and a router. You can also select visual themes with various design patterns.
Next Steps: Start Organizing Your Angular Portfolio
After working on some Angular projects, the next step is developing your portfolio. Your portfolio is an extension of you and a testament to your skills and abilities. It should include your best projects and is crucial in determining the type of clients you will attract. To help you organize a solid portfolio and become an Angular developer, consider the tips we have listed below.
Throughout your learning process and career, you might redesign applications and use open source templates. However, when developing your portfolio, express originality. Include captivating real-world applications and projects so that clients would know that you have something new to offer.
Keep It Simple
It is advisable to have a portfolio with a simple design. While you might want to show some creativity with the layout and structure of your portfolio, ensure that it is simple and easy to navigate. Also, in terms of appearance, use complementing colors and elements but be minimalistic in your design approach.
Keep a Target Audience in Mind
If you’re aiming to get a certain kind of job, then tailor your portfolio accordingly. For instance, you will likely attract clients from the food and fashion industry if you have projects that only deal with those sectors. Therefore, develop your portfolio to appeal to your desired audience.
"Career Karma entered my life when I needed it most and quickly helped me match with a bootcamp. Two months after graduating, I found my dream job that aligned with my values and goals in life!"
Venus, Software Engineer at Rockbot
Angular Projects FAQ
It is a healthy practice to keep a maximum of 10 projects in your portfolio. You don’t want to overwhelm the recruiter, but you have to provide enough projects for them to assess you.
With the Angular framework, you can develop SPAs with cross-platform characteristics, and you have access to libraries that offer a variety of features and components. Since it is developed on TypeScript, you can write error-free codes and build modern web applications faster.
If you are committed, it can take you around three months to learn Angular. However, it depends on how many hours you’re willing to invest daily in learning and practice. There is no shortcut to becoming an Angular developer, and your determination is crucial.
The most common Angular careers include web development, mobile application development, and UI/UX front end engineering. An Angular developer has many opportunities and can take on jobs in a variety of fields.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.