Every month, more than one million people visit the Career Karma blog seeking advice and information on coding bootcamps, tech careers, job training programs, and higher education. Since early 2018, the Career Karma team has been dedicated to producing valuable content to assist job seekers as they study, reskill, and progress through their new tech careers.
In addition to coding bootcamps, career advice, coding tutorials, and more learning resources, the Career Karma publication has produced numerous research reports on everything from the state of the bootcamp market to ISA financing and outcome reports, along with interview and career guides.
The publication complements the other resources Career Karma offers, including our mobile app and online community, free career coaching, directory of training programs, live audio room events, bootcamp matching services, and laptop donation programs.
All of this and more is free to you, and it always will be. We simply ask that you commit to helping someone else when the time comes. Help spread good Career Karma.
In the Press
The work we’re doing here at Career Karma to help people launch successful tech careers has been featured in numerous industry and national publications, including TechCrunch, AfroTech, The Verge, CNBC, Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg, and more. If you’re interested in covering Career Karma in your publication, please visit our press center.
More Career Karma Coverage
- The Black Wall Street Times, March 2022: “Career Karma Raises $40 Million.”
- The Verge, February 2022: “Finding A Better Job With Career Karma CEO Ruben Harris.”
- Forbes, January 2022: “Career Karma Raises $40 Million To Connect Tech Career Hopefuls to Education.”
- TechCrunch, January 2022: “Career Karma lands $40M to evolve into an edtech employee benefit.”
- Bloomberg, January 2022: “Career Karma CEO on New Funding, Bridging Skills Gap.”
- CMSWire, January 2022: “Career Karma Raises $40M, Expands to Higher Education, Enterprise.”
- Essence, January 2022: “Black-Owned ‘Career Karma’ Raises $40 Million for Black and Brown Communities.”
- ImpactAlpha, January 2022: “Career Karma raises $40 million to reskill workers for digitally-based careers.”
- Fortune, August 2021: “Arlan Hamilton on why she’s backing Career Karma.”
- Causeartist, July 2020: “Career Karma Has The Potential To Be One Of The Most Impactful Startups In America.”
- AfroTech, July 2019: “Career Karma Is On a Quest To Bring More Diversity To The Tech Industry.”
- Axios, July 2019: “Career Karma helps potential students find the right coding bootcamp.”
- EdSurge, July 2019: “Career Karma Raises $1.5 Million Seed Round for Bootcamp Marketplace Focused on Peers.”
- Black Enterprise, July 2019: “$1.5 Million Raised To Help Students Get Into Coding Bootcamps.”
- CNBC, February 2019: “The diversity challenge facing tech.”
Who Backs Career Karma and Why?
In 2020, Career Karma raised a $10 million Series A investment round to further expand our efforts to help one billion people make their most important career decisions. The Series A and the prior seed round were led by Initialized Capital, SoftBank, Kapor Capital, Backstage Capital, Emerson Collective, and Imaginable Futures.
In 2021, our Series B investment round raised $40 million to reach even more people. The Career Karma site now receives over three million visitors per month, and we’re just getting started. What was once a few freelance writers and copy editors has become a large, dedicated team of writers, researchers, editors, and career experts.
The writers and editors at Career Karma come from all backgrounds. Each contributes their own diverse experience and perspective to create a well-rounded publication. We all share the same goal: help people reach their potential by offering consistent, thoughtful, and reliable resources to those seeking to better themselves.
The Career Karma publication has helped thousands of job seekers, students, and career changers find the advice they need. What might seem like some words on a screen are a pathway to a new start and a fulfilling career. That’s why we put in the effort to present high-quality data and essential content to help you along the way.
Career Karma’s Expert Writers
The writing team at Career Karma is a diverse group of career coaches and experienced writers. With expertise in everything from digital marketing and software development to higher education and finance, our writers are highly qualified and committed to providing the best career advice on the web.
The Career Karma technical writing team, comprised of experienced programmers and writers, is dedicated to producing concise and example-driven content on programming languages. Our goal is to help beginners learn the topics they need to master in-demand technologies, from HTML and CSS to Python and Java.
Along with accuracy and utility, transparency is a key value of Career Karma’s editorial department. All views expressed in Career Karma content—including blog posts, reviews, and rankings—are independent and not influenced by partnerships or other incentives. Lists, reviews, and other content are based on objective facts and concrete research.
Outside of our editorial department, all content from our partnership department is clearly marked as “sponsored” in the byline. Career Karma’s relationships with partner schools do not influence editorial rankings, and partner schools are clearly indicated throughout the site. Our editorial content remains objective and independent.
For partnership inquiries, please contact us here or fill out this form to inquire about partnership opportunities.
Our Values and Principles
- That every person should have access to high-quality, concrete information about careers and education options.
- That all data is fact-checked, up-to-date, and linked appropriately from primary sources.
- That readers will be presented with accurate, unbiased content because our writers and editors conduct independent and objective research.
- That Career Karma’s blog helps people make informed decisions about their education and career paths.
Management and Senior Editors
Our editorial leadership team consists of academic experts and seasoned journalists committed to providing accurate educational and career-oriented information to help our users prosper. The team ensures the content being produced by writers and copy editors reaches a high standard of quality and helps users make informed education and career decisions.
Career Karma’s team of copy editors works closely with our many senior and contributing writers to ensure the high-quality content we produce is factual on top of being informative. The symbiotic and highly collaborative content production process they undertake guarantees standards of accuracy are always met.
Our senior writers have extensive experience in content creation, specifically within the tech industry, along with bonified career coaching credentials from the International Association of Professions Career College. This ensures the content they produce helps users make important educational and career decisions to further their aspirations. As veterans of the Career Karma content team, they are dedicated to providing supportive and factual blog posts, reviews, and rankings. You can view the credentials of our senior writers through the IAPO directory or through individual links on their profiles below.
Our diverse group of writers provides information and expertise on hundreds of topics, both within and outside the tech industry. The team includes writers with expertise in career coaching, web development, engineering, teaching, creative writing, graphic design, and data analysis. Our rigorous application and testing process ensures our team is qualified to guide you on your career path.
Work With Us: Help Spread Good Career Karma
We are always on the lookout for up-and-coming content writers and copy editors for both our standard content and sponsored content teams. Our content department offers a flexible schedule and in-depth training system to help you thrive.
By landing a job at Career Karma, you will gain access to a collaborative work environment that values employee input and strives to fulfill your individual needs. Career Karma cultivates strong camaraderie within its remote workforce and hires freelancers who can commit to engaging with the company using Slack.
If you want to join a growing team that offers an online community, monthly workshops, and 24/7 support and guidance, feel free to get in touch here. We would love to help you kickstart or continue your writing or editing career.
Fact-Checking and Corrections
Our editorial team fact-checks every article to make sure we’re giving you the right information. We use only reliable, relevant sources that are vetted by senior editors. These include government websites, such as the Bureau of Labor Statistics, and official bootcamp outcome reports, such as those from the Council on Integrity in Results Reporting.
If you find any incorrect information or have other feedback, please report it here.