Coding Bootcamps That Offer Coding Scholarships
- Ada Developers Academy Tuition-Free Curriculum
- BrainStation Scholarships
- Code Fellows Scholarships
- Code Platoon Scholarships
- Coding Dojo Scholarships
- Claim Academy Scholarships
- DevLeague Scholarships
- DevPoint Labs Scholarships
- DigitalCrafts Scholarships
- Flatiron School Scholarships
- Fullstack Academy Scholarships
- Galvanize Scholarships
- General Assembly Scholarships
- Grand Circus Scholarships
- Hackbright Academy Scholarships
- IronHack Scholarships
- LearningFuze Scholarships
- Makers Academy Scholarships
- Metis Scholarships
- Recurse Center Tuition-Free Programs
- Sabio Scholarships
- Springboard Scholarships
- The Software Guild Scholarships
- Tech Elevator Scholarships
- Thinkful Scholarships
- We Can Code IT Scholarships
- Xccelerate Women in Tech Scholarships
Best Coding Bootcamps for Software Engineering Scholarships
DevLeague ScholarshipsDevLeague is a coding bootcamp based in Hawaii. The bootcamp offers programs in cyber security and software engineering. This is one of the best software engineering scholarships on this list because any student who applies will receive the funding.
- Kingsland University Scholarship: This scholarship awards $2,500 towards a student’s tuition. The total scholarship fund for the program is $1,000,000 and is awarded to up to 400 students. All students who apply for the coding bootcamp scholarship will receive it until the full amount has been exhausted.
Flatiron School ScholarshipsFlatiron School is one of the most popular coding bootcamps in the education market today. In addition to software engineering, Flatiron School offers programs in data science, cyber security, and product design. This partial coding bootcamp scholarship will go a long way to cover the $16,900 tuition for Flatiron School’s top-notch programs.
- Merit Scholarship: This is a partial scholarship of $2,000 award to standout applicants of any of Flatiron School’s coding bootcamp programs. This includes Flatiron School’s software engineering program.
Galvanize ScholarshipsGalvanize is the best place to look for software engineering scholarships because this coding bootcamp specializes in immersive software engineering programs. Galvanize offers two coding bootcamp scholarship opportunities. The same bootcamp scholarships are also available to Hack Reactor students.
- We Stand Together Scholarship: This coding bootcamp scholarship is offered to five students during each cohort for the Hack Reactor Software Engineering Immersive bootcamp. Both part-time and full-time bootcamp students are eligible. This is one of the best software engineering scholarships because it covers the full tuition cost.
- Galvanize Scholarship: This software engineering scholarship is to US citizens or permanent residents who are accepted into either the Galvanize Hack Reactor Software Engineering Immersive. This coding bootcamp scholarship covers the full tuition.
General Assembly ScholarshipsIn addition to immersive software engineering programs, General Assembly offers full-time programs in user experience design, front end web development, data analytics, product management, and data science. There are also part-time programs in tons of other tech subjects, although part-time students aren’t eligible for scholarships.
- Adobe Digital Academy Scholarship: This scholarship is in partnership with Adobe. Students enrolled in the software engineering, user experience design, data science, or digital marketing programs can apply for this coding bootcamp scholarship. It covers the full tuition and students get an internship at Adobe after completing the program.
- LaGuardia’s TechHire OpenCode Scholarship: This coding bootcamp scholarship covers tuition for underrepresented students applying to General Assembly’s software engineering program. It’s a great software engineering scholarship because it covers full tuition.
- Break the Glass Tuition Discount: This partial coding bootcamp scholarship covers $1,500 for women, non-binary people, transgender people, and LGBTQ+ students who have applied to General Assembly’s software engineering or data science programs.
Hackbright Academy ScholarshipsHackbright Academy has partnered with various tech companies and other institutions to help diversify the tech industry and bring more women and underrepresented people into the exciting tech career field. Below is a list of Hackbright Academy’s scholarship offerings.
- ChangeMaker Scholarship: This coding bootcamp scholarship is available each quarter to two students enrolled in the software engineering program. It covers half the tuition.
- Brighthire Scholarship: This coding bootcamp scholarship is in partnership with Brighthire. It awards $6,450 to a student who has contributed to diversity in tech, overcome adversity, and experience financial difficulty. The deadline to apply is March 31st, 2022.
Springboard ScholarshipsSpringboard is one of the best online coding bootcamps. It offers flexible programs for career prep in a wide variety of subjects, including software engineering and machine learning.
- Needs-Based Scholarship: This scholarship provides $1,000 to students from a household with a gross income of less than $30,000 a year. This scholarship can be combined with either Sprinboard’s scholarship for women or diversity. Keep reading to find out more details about those two scholarships below.
Best Coding Bootcamps for Programming Scholarships
BrainStation ScholarshipsBrainStation offers the following coding bootcamp scholarship opportunities for students of all walks of life. The goal is to make tech education in programming-related subjects accessible to everyone. Contact the school directly to learn more about its coding bootcamp scholarship offerings.
- Women in Technology Scholarship
- University and College Scholarship
- Veterans Scholarship
- Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship
- Not-For-Profit Scholarship
- Entrepreneurship Scholarship
Claim Academy ScholarshipsClaim Academy offers an extensive list of scholarships, one of which is a great option for anyone looking for a programming scholarship. Many of these scholarships are awarded to students automatically after they’ve been accepted into the program. Applicants must be accepted to Claim Academy to become eligible, and they may apply for a maximum of two scholarships.
- College Upgrade Scholarship: Recent high school graduates or GED recipients are eligible to receive this $1,000 scholarship. They must show proof of graduating or receiving their GED within a year.
Coding Dojo ScholarshipsCoding Dojo has campuses in Silicon Valley, LA, Chicago, Boise, and Bellevue, as well as offering online programs. There are four programs that teach programming skills and they can be taken on part-time or full-time schedules.
- Fresh Start Fund: This scholarship awards up to $1,500 to students making less than $40,000 a year. It was established to help students overcome some of the hardships brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Career Re-Invention Scholarship: The Career Reinvention Scholarship awards $1,000 to experienced professionals who want a change in their career but can’t afford to improve on their current skill set.
- Early Start Scholarship: The Early Start Scholarship provides financial assistance to recent high school graduates and young adults who want to get an early start on their tech careers.
Code Fellows ScholarshipsCode Fellows provides a long list of coding bootcamp scholarship opportunities to its students. The school has given over $3.5 million in scholarship money to over 700 students to date. Code Fellows has programs in software development and cyber security where students can learn to code using programming languages like HTML. All of the scholarships listed below are needs-based.
- COVID-19 Scholarship: For those who have lost their jobs due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Career Changer Scholarship: For individuals who want to join the tech industry and change their careers.
- Underemployed Scholarship: For prospective students who make less than $35,000 a year.
- Recent Graduate Scholarship: For individuals who have recently graduated from college and want a different career path.
- Pay It Forward Scholarship: For individuals who are positively serving their community, either by investing or serving.
- Transfer Student Scholarship: For prospective students seeking to transfer from a university, bootcamp, college, or other institution of learning.
LearningFuze ScholarshipsLearningFuze offers programs for students to learn coding skills in data science, web development, and user experience design. LearningFuze doesn’t have any traditional coding bootcamp scholarships, but instead offers discounts for women, military personnel, and other individuals. Below is a list of the available discounts students can receive after applying.
- Up-Front Payment Discount: $1,000
- Hybrid Payment Discount: $500
- Early Registration Discount: $500
- Women and Veterans Discount: $500
- COVID-19 and Low-Income Grants and Scholarships: We Can Code IT provides up to $2,000 in scholarships and grants to those that have been directly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Best Coding Scholarships for Minorities
Claim Academy Scholarships
- Minority Scholarship: Prospective students who represent an ethnic minority group underrepresented in software engineering are eligible for this scholarship. This includes Latinx, Native American, Pacific Islander, and Black coders.
Code Fellows Scholarships
- Diversity Scholarship: Code Fellows offers a Diversity Scholarship for prospective students underrepresented in the tech industry who come from underserved backgrounds. This is a partial coding bootcamp scholarship awarded to several students. In addition, one full-ride scholarship is given to a Black coder in each cohort.
Coding Dojo Scholarships
- Diversity Scholarship: The Coding Dojo Diversity Scholarship awards $1,000 to students from underrepresented groups in the technology industry.
DevPoint Labs ScholarshipsDevPoint Labs offers two scholarships to its bootcamp students that both cover half of the tuition. These coding bootcamp scholarships are available to students in the part-time and full-time web development bootcamp programs. Find details for its diversity scholarship below and details on its women in tech scholarship further below in the article.
- Opportunity in Tech Scholarship: With a strong emphasis on diversity, this bootcamp scholarship is designed to help bring more minorities into tech. DevPoint Labs defines diversity broadly to include dimensions such as gender, age, race, sexual orientation, income, religion, ethnic heritage, education, military experience, and mental/physical abilities.
DigitalCrafts ScholarshipsDigitalCrafts is a coding bootcamp offering virtual and in-person programs in web development, cyber security, and user experience design. There are options to learn completely online or in a hybrid format with access to online courses and coworking spaces in six US cities. One of DigitalCrafts’ missions is to make careers in technology more accessible.
- Automatic Scholarship Fund: The coding bootcamp sponsors a $1,000,000 scholarship fund for students from underrepresented groups, which includes female students, Black coders, and Latinx students. Full-time students receive $1,500 off while part-time students receive $1,000 off.
Flatiron School Scholarships
- Access Scholarship: This is a partial scholarship of $2,000 that allows underrepresented students to waive the upfront tuition costs of their programs.
- The Grand Circus Diversity Scholarship: This scholarship is given to students belonging to underrepresented groups in the tech industry. Scholarship recipients receive $1,750. Qualifying students are those who self-identify as a woman, Black coders, Latinx students, LGBTQ+ individuals, Native Americans, or veterans.
- Lasting Change Scholarship: This coding bootcamp scholarship is in partnership with Climb Credit. This scholarship gives $5,000 to three BIPOC students who attend any of Grand Circus’s Climb partner programs.
IronHack ScholarshipsIronhack offers four distinct scholarship opportunities to its students. These scholarships help to bring diversity in software and other tech fields while inviting more students to develop their career skills through coding bootcamps. These coding bootcamp scholarships are partial needs-based scholarships.
- Change Your Career, Land a Tech Job Scholarship: Ironhack and Landing Jobs awards €300,000 (around $360,000) in scholarship funds to help students transition into a career in tech.
- Digital Creators Fund Powered by Facebook: Facebook has pledged to provide $250,000 in partial and full scholarship funds to one of Ironhack’s courses.
- The Sims and IronHack Scholarship: IronHack is partnering with The Sims to award a scholarship to a full-time or part-time bootcamp. Students can take part in any of Ironhack’s courses, including Data Analytics, UX/UI Design, or Web Development.
Metis ScholarshipsMetis offers scholarships to women and members of underrepresented groups. This includes LGBTQ+ students, women and nonbinary individuals, Black coders, Hispanic and Latinx students, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, and mainland Puerto Ricans. Below is a list of the scholarship opportunities. There are 30 scholarships awarded for each bootcamp cohort.
- Metis Data Analytics Bootcamp Scholarship: $2,000
- Metis Data Science & Engineering Bootcamp Scholarship: $3,000
- Metis Data Science Bootcamp Scholarship: $3,000
- Metis Data Science & Machine Learning Bootcamp Scholarship: $3,000
Recurse Center ScholarshipsTuition for Recurse Center is free for all students. While there are no scholarship opportunities for Recurse Center students, they do provide need-based scholarships to underrepresented people in programming. This includes women, non-binary people, trans people, and people from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds.
- Diversity in Tech Scholarship: Springboard offers $500 to any person from an underrepresented group in tech. Eligible students must apply to any career track program and be a person of color, LGBTQ+ student, gender nonconforming person, veteran, someone with a disability, or a refugee.
- Half and Full Tuition Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to underrepresented and low-income students. Eligible students are people of color, LGBTQ+, non-binary, veterans, people with disabilities, or refugees. They must also submit a short essay on why the scholarship will benefit them.
Tech Elevator ScholarshipsTech Elevator offers a large coding bootcamp scholarship to eligible students. It’s one of the most generous scholarships on this list. Tech Elevator’s coding bootcamp and job prep program has high job placement rates for its graduates.
- Represent Tech Scholarship: This coding bootcamp scholarship offers $13,175 to Black coders, Hispanic and Latinx students, Native American students, women, transgender coders, and non-binary individuals.
We Can Code IT Scholarships
- Diversity Grants and Scholarships: We Can Code IT also offers scholarships of up to $2,000 to underrepresented students.
Best Coding Bootcamp Scholarships for Women
- Women in Technology Scholarship: This coding bootcamp scholarship is needs-based and is part of BrainStation’s effort to bridge the gender gap in the tech industry.
Claim Academy Scholarships
- Women in Technology Scholarship: This scholarship gives $500 automatically to any woman accepted into a Full Stack Software Developer Program at Claim Academy.
Coding Dojo Scholarships
- Women in Tech Scholarship: Coding Dojo offers the Women in Tech Scholarship for women aspiring to become computer programmers. With an initiative toward supporting women in the technology industry, the scholarship awards $1,000 to students.
DevPoint Labs Scholarships
- Women in Tech Scholarship: This coding bootcamp scholarship is for self-identifying women that want to pursue a career in tech. It covers 50 percent of tuition to help women start careers in tech.
Flatiron School Scholarships
- Women Take Tech Scholarship: This scholarship awards up to a 50 percent tuition discount to women. Flatiron School also offers the Apply By Pi Scholarship and other scholarships for its online web developer program.
- Women Take Cyber Scholarship: This is a full-tuition coding bootcamp scholarship for 10 women per cohort enrolled in Flatiron School’s cyber security bootcamp program.
Fullstack Academy Scholarships
- Ada Lovelace Scholarship: Ada Lovelace was a 19th century English mathematician. She is considered the first female computer scientist. To continue her legacy, this coding bootcamp scholarship awards $1,000 to all women-identifying students who pay upfront tuition.
- Edie Windsor Coding Scholarship: This coding bootcamp scholarship is offered in partnership with Lesbians Who Tech. It covers half of tuition in scholarship funds to gender-nonconforming students and LGBTQ+ women.
Grand Circus Scholarships
- Grace Hopper Celebration Women in Boot Camp Scholarship: This coding bootcamp scholarship is available to any woman, genderqueer, or non-binary individual. It is offered through AnitaB.org and the numbers are limited. Apply now to see if you qualify.
- Bunq and Ironhack Scholarship: This scholarship is designed to help women in tech and make gender equality in the industry a reality. Bunq offers $85,000 in scholarship funds to help women jumpstart their tech careers.
Makers Academy Scholarships
- Women and Gender Minorities Discount: In an effort to reduce the gender gap in the tech industry, Makers Academy offers discounts to women and gender non-conforming individuals. Contact the school to discuss options that might be available to you.
- Codebar Discount: Students associated with CodeBar can receive 10 percent off any course.
- Coding Black Females Discount: Black coders who self-identify as women are eligible to receive a £500 (or approximately $700) discount if they are a Coding Black Females member.
Sabio ScholarshipsSabio teaches programming, specializing in .NET and Node.js. While Sabio has a history of supporting veterans and their families, they also have a great coding bootcamp scholarship opportunity for women.
- Women in Tech Scholarship: The Jill H. Mays Women in Tech Coding Scholarship offers a limited number of scholarships for women looking to transition into the tech industry as software engineers. The scholarship awards up to $5,500 for qualified individuals. Women who have had work hours reduced or were laid off due to the COVID-19 pandemic will receive priority.
The Software Guild ScholarshipsThe Software Guild has programs in .NET and C#, as well as web development and Java bootcamp programs. This coding bootcamp has a strong employer network and high success rates for its graduates.
- Women in Tech Award: This scholarship gives $2,000 towards tuition to women students based on their self-identification.
- Women in Tech Scholarship: Springboard offers $500 to women to encourage gender equality in the tech industry. The only eligibility criteria are to self-identify as a woman and have applied to the coding bootcamps data, coding, cyber security, or tech sales career tracks.
- Women’s Scholarship: Thinkful gives a $600 scholarship at $100 per month to all self-identifying women in its Flexible Web Development Bootcamp. This scholarship is provided through a partnership with Girl Code It and MotherCoders.
Xccelerate Women in Tech ScholarshipsXccelerate offers several coding bootcamp scholarship opportunities to its students through its numerous offerings. Below is a list of its current scholarships. To find out more information and apply, you will have to contact the coding bootcamp directly.
- Women in Tech Scholarship
- Entrepreneur X Scholarship
- Your New Chapter Scholarship
- Future Education Foundation Scholarship
- Fresh Tech Talent Scholarship
Best Coding Bootcamp Scholarships for Veterans
Claim Academy Scholarships
- Veteran Scholarship: All US veterans in good standing receive this $500 scholarship upon being accepted into the immersive Full Stack Software Developer Program that Claim Academy offers. Students must show their proof of veteran status to receive the scholarship.
Code Platoon ScholarshipsCode Platoon is the number one coding bootcamp for veterans and people who are currently in military service. There are many Code Platoon coding bootcamp scholarships for veteran and military spouses and veterans that want a tech career.
- Veteran & Spouses Scholarships: This scholarship is for both veterans and military spouses attending Code Platoon. Individuals can receive up to $13,000 in tuition scholarship funds.
- Black and Hispanic Scholarships: This full-tuition scholarship applies to all cohorts and is open to military spouses and veterans.
- Women in Technology Scholarships: This scholarship is available to female veterans in honor of Rear Admiral Grace Hopper. The Women in Tech Scholarship covers the full tuition cost of the program.
- Transgender Veteran Full Scholarship: This scholarship is available to transgender veterans of military spouses. It covers the full cost of tuition.
- Milspouse Coders Scholarship: To help empower military spouses to find careers in tech, Code Platoon offers this scholarship that awards up to $13,000 in tuition funds.
- Skillbridge Scholarships: These scholarships are for current servicemen and servicewomen who want to develop in-demand skills while on active duty. Students can spend their last six months of active duty attending the Code Platoon bootcamp.
- National Military Family Association (NMFA) Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to those registered with the NMFA who attend Code Platoon. Recipients can receive up to $13,000 thanks to the NMFA.
Fullstack Academy Scholarships
- VET TEC Program: This bootcamp scholarship is for veterans who have at least one day of unexpired GI Bill entitlement. The program awards $1,000 in scholarship funds to eligible students.
The Software Guild Scholarships
- Veterans Who Code Award: This scholarship awards $2,000 to active service members in the Software Guild’s full-time online coding bootcamp program (or the Louisville on-ground program).
- Veteran’s Scholarship: Thinkful provides a $600 scholarship to military veterans that take part in its Flexible Web Development Bootcamp. This scholarship is provided through a partnership with Operation Code.
Alternatives to Coding Bootcamp ScholarshipsWhile scholarships are a great way to help cover the cost of coding bootcamp tuition, there are other methods to help you pay for coding bootcamps.
Coding Bootcamp GrantsUnfortunately, there is no FAFSA for coding bootcamps, meaning that there are no Pell Grants or other forms of federal financial aid. As coding bootcamps become a leader in the education industry, it is possible that federal funding will soon apply to coding bootcamps.
Coding Bootcamp Income Share AgreementsIncome Share Agreements or ISAs are a form of payment where tuition is deferred until students secure employment. Afterward, students give a portion of their earnings to their bootcamp until the tuition costs are covered. Most coding bootcamps don’t take a percentage of a bootcamp graduate’s wages unless they are making above a certain amount.
GI BillEligible veterans can use the GI Bill to help fund their tech career pursuits. Typically, coding bootcamps accept the GI Bill as a form of payment, along with other discounts and financing opportunities to military-connected individuals. While there may be no way for coding bootcamps to receive FAFSA as they would through traditional colleges and universities, it’s clear that there are plenty of funding options for anyone looking into coding bootcamps. However, it’s your job to seek them out and apply!
Best Coding Bootcamp Scholarships and Grants FAQ
DevPoint Labs and Grand Circus have the best coding bootcamp scholarships for minorities in 2022. DevPoint Labs has a coding bootcamp scholarship that covers half of tuition. Grand Circus’s Lasting Change Scholarship offers $5,000 to one of Grand Circus’s coding bootcamp programs that are partnered with Climb Credit.
DevPoint Labs’ Women in Tech scholarship and Flatiron School’s Women Take Tech and Women Take Cyber scholarships are the best scholarships for female coders. All three of these coding bootcamp scholarships cover 50 percent of tuition for eligible women. Ada Developers Academy is completely free. However, students must be able to attend classes in Seattle.
The GI Bill is the best government grant for coding bootcamps. Veterans can use the bill to finance their coding bootcamp experience. Unfortunately, there is no form of FAFSA or federal student aid for coding bootcamp students. That’s why so many coding bootcamps offer generous coding bootcamp scholarships for students.
Flatiron School, Coding Dojo, Thinkful, and Fullstack Academy are some of the best coding bootcamps. However, the best coding bootcamp for you will depend on what tech career track you’re interested in, as well as the financial aid options offered.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.