Almost every professional must possess a portfolio, including social media marketers. However, putting together a good portfolio may seem like a challenging task. While making your social media marketing portfolio, you must include the projects that highlight your qualifications, skills, and expertise. Aside from writing an effective cover letter and resume, a portfolio will showcase your unique abilities and professional style.
Companies always want to hire the best candidates. A good portfolio can grab the attention of the recruiter and bolster your credibility. This article will show you how to create an outstanding social media marketing portfolio. Moreover, we will focus on the best social media marketing portfolio examples to help you stand out to recruiters.
What Is Social Media Marketing?
Social media marketing entails using social media channels to reach out to your target audience, drive website traffic, build a strong brand, and improve sales. Furthermore, social media marketing necessitates using a large amount of relevant material. It’s a good idea to keep your social media marketing strategies rolling by publishing quality content.
Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter are used as digital marketing platforms. According to the Harvard Business Review, global internet users spend at least two hours on social media daily. Because digital marketing is taking over the traditional way of selling products and services, the number of people using social media is likely to rise.
Do You Need a Social Media Marketing Portfolio?
Yes, you need a social media marketing portfolio because it is an important asset for marketers who want to showcase their achievements and skills. The perfect social media marketing portfolio will give your career a huge boost.
Although a resume tells your prospective client what you do, a social media marketing portfolio shows them how you do it. Potential clients will show interest in hiring your services if you can demonstrate how you completed a task.
Moreover, your clients will trust you with additional projects if you provide appealing samples of your work. A good portfolio will include a breakdown of how the final outcome was achieved. A recruiter will waste no time in hiring you with such compelling evidence of your exceptional skills. You can also learn social media marketing skills from reputable institutions to add to your resume.
Elements of a Strong Social Media Marketing Portfolio
Creating a strong social media marketing portfolio can be challenging. However, it will be worth it in the long run because a perfect social media portfolio will attract more clients. Furthermore, it gives the client a better idea of how you can effectively advertise their brand and shows how you will do it.
81% of participants stated they felt more confident about their tech job prospects after attending a bootcamp. Get matched to a bootcamp today.
The average bootcamp grad spent less than six months in career transition, from starting a bootcamp to finding their first job.
Below you will find a list of essential components to include as you start putting together your social media marketing portfolio.
- Brief bio. Introduce yourself with a compelling professional memoir that showcases your expertise and interests. Including a mission statement won’t be a bad idea either. Tell your potential clients why they will find your work meaningful.
- Resume. Including a resume in your portfolio portrays you as a strong and formidable social media marketer. Make sure you add the elements of a perfect resume, like employment history. Learning to write the perfect resume will be helpful if you are having difficulty creating one.
- Contact details. The goal is to get clients to reach out and hire you for their projects. Therefore, you need to add your contact details to your social media marketing portfolio. Provide a professional email address, phone number, and your social media handle on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
- Samples of your work. This is the heart of your social media marketing portfolio. You need to highlight your most successful social media marketing campaigns. Also, you must outline the thought process and the methodology behind the success of each project. Adding data-driven metrics would be ideal, too.
- Testimonials and awards. Include positive client testimonials alongside your work samples for a strong first impression. This way, potential clients will have more confidence to hire you.
How to Make a Social Media Marketing Portfolio
A portfolio for social media marketing is not the same as a portfolio for other professions. If you don’t know how to put together a solid portfolio, it may prove problematic as it will prevent you from standing out to recruiters. Listed below are some great ideas to make your portfolio shine.
1. Choose a Portfolio Format
Decide whether you want to use more photographs or videos in your portfolio. However, whether you include a video, a blog post, a presentation, or a picture, the results aren’t necessarily going to be the same. Most clients are more inclined to look at portfolios with videos rather than images.
2. Display Your Best Work
Find a balance to showcase your work in a way that will make sense to your clients. Include anything that demonstrates how your efforts benefited your former clients. However, you may have to obtain permission from some clients before you add their projects to your portfolio. Make sure you are not violating client confidentiality by adding a previous project to your portfolio.
3. Include Your Services
Find a way to display your services in a way that captures your client’s attention. Look for generic stock images that represent the services you offer and highlight what makes them interesting. You can also talk about some clients you have worked with who have used those specific services.
4. Pick a Social Media Marketing Portfolio Template
Picking a suitable social media marketing portfolio template is the first thing you should do, but you can always select one at any point. No matter how good a social media template may look, it may make no sense without the right content. Pick a template that presents you as a creative marketer. The template should offer the client a clear view of your successes.
5. Share Your Marketing Portfolio
Share your portfolio on your social media profiles like Facebook, Twitter, or Snapchat. At this point, self-promotion can go a long way. Add your portfolio to your website or blog if you have any. Moreover, you can ask friends and family to share your portfolio on their social media profiles, too.
Social Media Marketing Portfolio Examples
Climbing to the pinnacle of social media marketing is not a walk in the park. Showcasing your social media projects will help you get the attention of potential clients. No wonder social media marketing portfolio templates come in handy these days.
Pick a template that will make your portfolio appear professional. A good portfolio template will boost your career in marketing, so we have compiled some of the best templates below.
The Garrett Ramos marketing portfolio site provides you with a stylish column to describe yourself and add images of your work. Garrett’s portfolio offers a simple but effective look.
Best Parts of Garrett Ramos’s Social Media Marketing Portfolio
- Allows you to make your portfolio the home page
- A dedicated page for a timeline-style resume
- Enough room to be creative
The Dayana Mayfield is an excellent social media portfolio site that helps you narrow your skills and expertise to your preferred niche and own it. A Dayana portfolio makes use of a unique online portfolio approach. You can record videos of your projects before and after they are completed.
Best Parts of Dayana Mayfield’s Social Media Marketing Portfolio
- Fantastic for portraying your content marketing skills
- Let’s you sprinkle testimonials throughout the site
- It helps you switch to the best parts of your marketing campaign
This social media marketing portfolio template offers you a clean design that speaks about your professionalism and experience. The Michael Antolak portfolio lets you make a good first impression right away.
Best Parts of Michael Antolak’s Social Media Marketing Portfolio
- Offers a customized logo for your site
- The stylish design makes a strong statement and is appealing to the eye
- It makes it easy to blend your skills into your portfolio
You can create an approachable social media portfolio with the Murad Murad template. Moreover, the home page of this marketing portfolio is bright and fun. It also offers custom illustrations that grab the readers’ attention.
Best Parts of Murad Murad’s Social Media Marketing Portfolio
- It offers a custom avatar of your photo
- Provides visual icons that represent your qualifications and services
- Offers enough space to display your skills and experience
The Bailey Cargill portfolio template is suitable for a digital marketer or graphic designer. With this template, you can showcase a wide range of your social media projects.
Best Parts of Bailey Cargill’s Social Media Marketing Portfolio
- You can display campaign results with metrics
- Amazing home page with pockets of pages to insert skills and information
- Allows you to embed Instagram stories on the project page
Best Social Media Marketing Portfolio Project Ideas
As a beginner, you may be overwhelmed with all the ideas about the kind of projects you can add to your social media portfolio. You may have to include imaginary projects to create an appealing portfolio. However, you can have a look at these challenging project ideas below and make them part of your portfolio.
- Profile creation and branding. Create a company’s social media profile and branding. You can develop a social media page for a small company that exists or is non-existent. You can use this to showcase your branding services.
- Content creation. Pick a product you are familiar with and create relevant content to convert readers into customers. You may have to add product images to the content and possible links.
- Twitter and Instagram campaign for product launch. For this project idea, it’s always better to contact a small business and offer a product launch campaign for free. You can then create a campaign for a product launch on Twitter and Instagram. You can have a look at some of the top brands and see how they launched their social media campaigns for new products on these platforms.
- Facebook advertising. With over two billion users worldwide, Facebook is one of the best social media platforms to advertise a product. You can approach a small business and pick any of their products and start a Facebook advert free of charge. Keep records of how you used Facebook advertising tools to send out time-limited offers and giveaways and don’t forget to include what the final result was.
- Market your brand. Nothing stops you from advertising yourself as a competent social media manager or marketer on any social media platform. This can be an amazing project you can add to your portfolio. Keep track of your progress so you can showcase how you started with few followers and how their numbers rapidly increased.
Social Media Marketing Portfolio FAQ
According to Glassdoor, a social media marketer earns an average of $43,321, annually. However, as your clients increase and your digital marketing experience improves, you are likely to earn more.
According to Indeed, social media managers have the onus to manage the social media presence of an organization. The role of social media managers is becoming increasingly important because companies use social media to engage their audience. Also, social media managers carry out campaigns and marketing strategies for their clients.
A social media marketing portfolio should contain basic elements like your bio, contact address, sample projects, resume, and testimonials from clients. These features make a social media marketing portfolio effective.
"Career Karma entered my life when I needed it most and quickly helped me match with a bootcamp. Two months after graduating, I found my dream job that aligned with my values and goals in life!"
Venus, Software Engineer at Rockbot
Yes, social media marketing is effective. Based on research conducted by Statista, 78 percent of social media users were driven by social media to purchase a product at least once. Also, most of the purchases were made by social media users that were between 16 to 34 years old. About 90 million social commerce buyers are situated in the United States.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.