Podcasts that cater to just about any topic are readily available these days. To make your mark on the world and live a good life as a young woman, you should listen to podcasts that will help you achieve your goals. Some of the best podcasts for young women will give you a good dose of girl power and make you feel like you’re getting a pep talk from an older sister.
So, what is the best young women podcast? We have outlined some of the top advice podcasts that offer reliable advice and entertainment for young women. Podcasts are a good companion, whether you’re bored, in distress, need advice, or you just want to chill out and laugh. In this article, you’ll find out about some of the best young women podcast episodes.
Why You Should Listen to Young Women Podcasts
As a young woman, certain life issues may seem complicated to handle. For complex issues like relationships and sex, great podcasts can be helpful. A lot of young women are perplexed by these issues and lack reliable and valuable advice. Subsequently, without proper nurturing, some young women get misled.
According to Statista, the number of people listening to podcasts rose by 78 percent in 2021. This means that podcasts are making an impact to attract such strong patronage. No matter how little your issues may seem, listening to podcasts for young women can help you solve them.
What Makes a Great Young Women Podcast?
- Goals. The best young women podcasts always have a goal and a focus. Usually, they aim to enlighten, advise, and teach young women about certain aspects of life. Nevertheless, a top-notch podcast for young women is usually tailored towards achieving a specific goal. This could be to help with careers and business success, lifestyle, or mental health.
- Guests. Great podcasts for young women invite A-list celebrities as special guests in most episodes. In most cases, there is always a take-home after listening to these celebrities who share their biggest stories and experiences. Besides, hearing other people’s success stories helps to motivate you to work.
- Uniquely different. One special feature about a great podcast is that it is striving at its own pace. There are so many podcasts that are a duplicate or copycat of what others do. Great podcasts offer a unique theme, sticking to their goals and focus.
- Educational and inspirational. Some podcasts for young women are all jokes and laughs added in with any educational information. Typically, a podcast’s average run time is between 10 minutes and one hour. You wouldn’t want to waste that time listening to people talk about non-essential matters. However, even good comedy podcasts pass educational information through their jokes.
- Discuss complex topics. A good podcast for young women takes a deep dive into difficult life issues and offers solutions. Certain behaviors that were abnormal a few years ago are now considered normal. Podcasts for young women always have a way around complex topics, offering a daily dose of life advice.
The 10 Best Young Women Podcasts
- Available On: Spotify, Apple Podcasts
- Subjects Covered: Health, business, career, lifestyle
The former first lady, Michelle Obama, takes you through various aspects of a woman’s life. As a young woman, listening to The Michelle Obama Podcast will help you understand how she achieved most of her goals. To spice it up, the former first lady also interviews other women who have achieved great things. Her husband, Barack Obama, is featured on the podcast a few times too.
- Available On: Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Acast
- Subjects Covered: Fashion, lifestyle, love, sex
Ann Friedman and Aminatou Sou share their experiences as young women growing up. Friedman and Sou discuss sex, body image, education, current events, and any topic that concerns women generally. Usually, their discussions are insightful. Friedman and Sou also invite a celebrity guest on almost every episode.
- Available On: Apple Podcasts, TuneIn, Podbean
- Subjects Covered: Sisterhood, lifestyle, education, business
Created by Alex Elle, The Hey Girl Podcast focuses on helping you embrace sisterhood and discusses how to interface with other women in your dealings. Elle has also invited women who inspire her listeners with their intimate conversations. Listen to The Hey Girl Podcast for astute discussions on the sexual health and civil rights of women.
4. The High Low
- Available On: Apple Podcasts
- Subjects Covered: Society, culture, politics, health, business
Dolly Alderton and Pandora Sykes host The High Low podcast and deliberate on current events. Their take on pop culture offers a refreshing view, and their amazing British accents make you want to listen more. Also, Alderton and Sykes dive into politics, issues of the day, and other aspects of a young woman’s life.
- Available On: Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify
- Subjects Covered: Wellbeing of women of color, business
Like the name of the podcast implies, the conversations on this podcast revolve around women of color. The host, Lauren Ash, interviews guests like Erica Chidi-Cohen to discuss the lifestyle and education of black women. Lauren Ash tries as much as possible to elicit her guests to tell their personal stories of success on this weekly podcast.
6. Second Life
- Available On: Apple Podcasts
- Subjects Covered: Business, career, lifestyle
The host of Second Life and author, Hillary Kerr, chats with popular women who changed careers successfully. Kerr tries as much as possible to have honest conversations with her guests. Interestingly, Hillary is the founder of the online fashion resource, Who What Wear.
7. I Weigh
- Available On: Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Earwolf
- Subjects Covered: Health, comedy, lifestyle
The I Weigh podcast is a comedy podcast that is also informative. In her popular podcast, Jameela Jamil interviews cool women with real-life experiences to share their stories. Celebrities like Emily Hamsphire, Candice Brathwaite, Michael Hobbes, Aubrey Gordon, and Natalie Wynn have appeared on her show. Jamil deliberately discusses issues that affect young women, with a touch of comedy.
- Available On: Apple Podcasts, Stitcher
- Subjects Covered: Career, education, sex
This podcast talks about any topic related to women. Also, discussions around taboo topics like home abortions, sexual pressure, and gender inequality form the hosts’ main focus. Discover answers to questions you wouldn’t expect a regular mom to discuss with her children regarding certain questions. Candid conversations about a woman’s everyday life are critically deliberated.
- Available On: Apple Podcasts, Spotify
- Subjects Covered: Anxiety, depression, lifestyle
Unf*uck Your Brain is hosted by Kara Loewentheil, a master confidence coach. Learn how to deal with anxiety, depression, rejection, peer pressure, and other challenges that young women face. Loewentheil explains things in a way that is relevant and relatable.
- Available On: Apple Podcasts, Spotify
- Subjects Covered: Wellness, business, spirituality
The Twelfth House podcast sheds light on aspects of wellness, business, and spirituality that are barely discussed. The host, Michelle Pellizzon, interviews special guests to offer more insight into these topics. Also, this podcast aims to provide resources that will help women succeed in these areas.
The Best Young Women Podcast Episodes to Get You Started
Very often, it can be a challenge picking an episode to get started with a new podcast, thanks to the list of numerous podcasts episodes. To get you started, we have outlined the best podcast episodes for young women, listed below.
What Your Mother Never Told You About Health | The Michelle Obama Podcast
In this episode, Michelle Obama interviews her friend Dr. Sharon Malone, who offers professional advice on topics about women’s health. The health topics discussed include menopause, aging, and sex. Ordinarily, most moms find it hard to have difficult health conversations with young women. You will find it interesting how both Dr. Malone and Michelle Obama make navigating these topics seem easy.
Boundaries | Call Your Girlfriend
Learn how to maintain boundaries in your relationships with others with this podcast episode. You will also find out how boundaries help you live peacefully with others. The lives of Simone Biles and Naomi Osaka form the basis of this conversation. Keeping boundaries in a relationship is sometimes misunderstood as being prideful or neglectful, but find out how to do it nicely with this podcast’s tips.
AmyAnn on Being Valuable | The Hey Girl Podcast
Within this episode, you’ll discover how to create a meaningful and sustainable life. Alex has a heartfelt conversation with the co-founder of Good Trade to discuss life, autonomy, and being valuable. The discussion centers around how women can become more useful to themselves and their community.
Unlearning the Patriarchy | Unf*uck Your Brain
The patriarchal beliefs in our society are so ingrained in some people that they can barely figure out what they want. Joining the feminist podcast to discuss this topic is Andrea Owen, a life coach and global speaker. The discussion in this episode is insightful and will help a young woman penetrate a male-dominated industry and world in general.
Creating Spaces for Ourselves Outside The White Gaze | Black Girl in Om
Lauren Ash interviews a renowned public speaker, Makkah Ali, to discuss how black women can create a space for themselves. At one point, Ash and Ali switch their focus to spirituality. The focus of this episode is to help black women actualize their dreams and achieve financial freedom.
What Are the Best Podcasts for Young Women?
The Michelle Obama Podcast is top of the list of best podcasts for young women. The former first lady explains life issues without rubbing her celebrity status in your face. Michelle’s views and opinions are patterned to help young women grow to become leaders. Additionally, successful women with an entrepreneurial spirit and expert guests are always interviewed.
Other interesting podcasts for women here are Second Life, Stuff Mom Never Told You, and The High Low. You will get concrete advice about life issues like gender inequality, limited knowledge, and body image, to mention a few. According to the United Nations, these are some of the major challenges of young women across the world. Finally, access to mentoring is key to succeeding in the 21st century. These amazing podcasts for young women are inspiring.
Best Young Women Podcasts FAQ
On average, a podcast host can earn up to $87,274 yearly, with an hourly rate of $42. Meanwhile, a seasoned podcast host can earn twice this amount.
Yes, podcasts are free. To listen to a podcast, you don’t need to pay a dime. Access to the Internet is all you need. Also, you can download your favorite podcast app to stay connected all the time.
Podcasts for young women cover several topics including sex, education, and career advice. Some podcasts focus on helping young women build a career. For instance, there are podcasts covering medical careers, where you can learn how to become a doctor.
The best podcasts for young women in 2022 include The Michelle Obama Podcast, Unf*ck Your Brain, Stuff Mom Never Told You, The High Low, and Call Your Girlfriend.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.
"Career Karma entered my life when I needed it most and quickly helped me match with a bootcamp. Two months after graduating, I found my dream job that aligned with my values and goals in life!"
Venus, Software Engineer at Rockbot