According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, software developers, quality assurance, and testers have a high job outlook of 22 percent. There will be approximately two million job openings in the field between 2020 and 2030. With such a high increase in the number of jobs for programmers, learning C# is an excellent decision.
This guide showcases the best C# remote jobs in 2022. You will learn about top companies that are currently hiring C# professionals. We also took a deep dive into C#, its uses, and required skills. Read on to find out what C # is and how to land one of the best C# remote jobs.
What Is C#?
C# is an object oriented programming language that runs on the .NET development framework. It’s one of the most popular programming languages in the world. This is mainly because it is easy to learn and use. In addition, C# features clear structures that allow code to be reused, which helps lower development costs.
C# is mainly used for developing mobile applications, desktop applications, and web applications. It is also used in web services, games development, database applications, and virtual reality. Microsoft created C# from C and C++. The technology company added new aspects to the programming language to make it easier to use.
What Are C# Remote Jobs?
C# remote jobs are work opportunities for professionals who work from the comfort of their own homes or anywhere with a stable Internet connection. These are convenient jobs that do not require professionals to work at the office. However, some remote jobs require workers to check in at the office a few times a month.
You can choose a C# remote job that is either a part-time or full-time position. The type of remote job depends on the software company and its expectations. There are permanent and temporary remote jobs available. Often the job description will guide you on the details of the remote job. If you want to enjoy a seamless work-life balance, signing up for a C# remote job is your best bet.
What Are Remote C# Developer Jobs?
Remote C# developer jobs are working positions that do not require you to work from corporate offices. This working arrangement is suitable for professionals looking to save on transport costs and generally maintain a healthy work-life balance. You can seek remote work with a company or as a freelancer.
Most Important Skills for Remote C# Jobs
There are basic skills you should have to be successful in landing remote C# jobs. We have listed five vital skills ideal candidates must possess if they are looking for remote programmer jobs.
- Object oriented programming (OOP). This is software that bases software design on data and objects as opposed to functions and logic. It, therefore, relies on classes and objects. OOP features classes, abstraction, polymorphism, objects, methods, and attributes. Learning OOP will help you in modularity, reusability, productivity, and security for the development process.
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE). This is a software application that provides facilities for software development to programmers. The central interface IDE offers software developers an easy way to write, edit, debug, and test code. An IDE features a code editor, compiler, debugger, and automation tools.
- Compiler. This helps in transforming source code that is human-readable to a machine-readable format. Having skills and strong knowledge of the best compilers will help you have an easy experience writing, testing, and debugging code.
- Asynchronous operations. This refers to operations running separately from other processes. You need to have skills in asynchronous operations if you are looking into a career in C#.
- Agile development. Agile development is a software development methodology that a senior developer uses. This is an important skill for an expert in C# to have for navigating the tech scene. Through this methodology, remote developers and project managers can address the needs of the clients fast and efficiently.
5 Best C# Remote Jobs
There are plenty of remote C# jobs. We listed the five best remote C# jobs below. These are some of the best job opportunities in tech that have a competitive base salary.
- Average Salary: $126,880
- Average Remote Salary: $106,968
- Companies That Hire Remote Backend Engineers: IBM, Yelp, Google, Spotify, Apple, Uber
Backend engineers design, build, and maintain the server-side of applications. They generally develop the structure of a software application. These professionals are proficient in server optimization, developing security structures, and building data storage.
- Average Salary: $112,952
- Average Remote Salary: $101,080
- Companies That Hire Remote C# Developers: Microsoft, Motion Recruitment, Bank of America, TEKsystems
C# developers are responsible for writing code, developing interfaces, and maintaining systems for clients. They also debug systems and applications. These professionals can focus on either backend or front end coding. A full stack software developer has a degree in computer science, computer programming, or an equivalent. Solid knowledge of .NET will go a long way in opening up job opportunities.
Embedded Software Engineer
- Average Salary: $107,515
- Average Remote Salary: $106,986
- Companies That Hire Remote Embedded Software Engineers: Amazon, GitHub, Oracle, Kforce, CyberCoders
Embedded software engineers design, develop, and maintain embedded systems in products. Companies hire these professionals to design, develop, debug, and test system software. They also analyze and enhance system resources. Their roles vary depending on the company and job title.
- Average Salary: $93,076
- Average Remote Salary: $101,080
- Companies That Hire Remote .NET Developers: IBM, Deloitte, Wells Fargo, TEKsystems
These developers are responsible for creating software applications and providing technical support. They are also in charge of the configuration of existing systems. These professionals are also responsible for the testing and deployment of applications. Often they collaborate on software design and architecture.
- Average Salary: $94,637
- Average Remote Salary: $68,746
- Companies That Hire Remote Unity Developers: Tent works Interactive, Jobsite, Redemption Games
These professionals write code and script for game prototypes and graphical interfaces. These software developers rely on the Unity game engine to produce 2D and 3D video games for personal computers, mobile phones, or gaming consoles. To become a Unity Developer, you should enroll in a four-year computer science degree program or attend a Unity bootcamp.
Where to Find C# Freelance Work
There are a wide variety of platforms where you can find C# freelance jobs. If you are looking to become a C# professional, you should consider looking at the sites we listed below.
Upwork is an online freelance platform that connects job seekers to businesses. The company aims to provide economic opportunities to people across the world. Many people use Upwork as their main source of income. You can find multiple C# job opportunities on the site. Below are some of the available remote C# job opportunities on Upwork.
Examples of Remote C# Developer Jobs on Upwork
- Senior Unity/C# developer | Not Specified
- Blazor, web assembly developer | Not Specified
- Unity game developer | Not Specified
ZipRecruiter helps connect businesses to talent. The online job board lists many available job opportunities across different industries. Whether you want a job in manufacturing, marketing, or tech, you can find a job with your qualifications on the site.
Examples of Remote C# Developer Jobs on Ziprecruiter
- Senior software developer | Jobot
- Senior C# developer | Selby Jennings
- Software engineer C# | Executive Alliance
Zippia is another job board that helps job seekers explore career opportunities on a global scale. The online platform also features career advice, company insights, and job insights. Find out if you qualify for any of the remote C# jobs listed below.
Examples of Remote C# Developer Jobs on Zippia
- Junior .NET developer | Motion Recruitment
- C# .NET developer | Robert Half
- .NET developer | United States Liability Insurance Group
Should I Apply for Remote C# Jobs?
Yes, you should apply for remote C# jobs. There are plenty of C# remote jobs available if you want to break into tech. Having C# skills will open up opportunities in game development, software development, software engineering, C# development, and .NET development. You can easily navigate the tech scene once you learn C#.
In addition to multiple job opportunities, you will receive excellent pay. According to ZipRecruiter, remote C# developers in the US earn an average annual salary of $103,067. The salary can go as high as $177,301 for professionals with extensive development experience, skills, and education.
The biggest advantage of landing a C# developer remote or freelance job is convenience. Working remotely will help you save on costs and avoid inconveniences. Not commuting saves you time and money. If you like the convenience of working at home, you should seek a remote C# job.
C# Remote Jobs FAQ
There are plenty of jobs that are similar to remote C# jobs. You can choose to become a remote software developer, .NET developer, computer programmer, web developer, software engineer, or gameplay programmer.
The highest-paid remote C# professionals are cloud developers, mobile developers, game developers, and machine learning engineers. If you want to increase your salary potential, you can seek certifications or additional education. You can also look into learning other programming languages such as C and C++. Learning these programming languages will be much easier after a good grasp of C#.
Yes, C# remote jobs are worth it. If you want a side hustle or a full-time opportunity, becoming a C# developer is an excellent decision. A C# remote position will offer you the convenience you need to work from home and save on transport costs. You will also be able to juggle different C# projects at the same time if you land a remote C# job.
You can land a remote C# job by visiting online platforms advertising remote work opportunities. If you have the basic C# development skills, you can look up available job opportunities. Often, professionals directly apply on the official websites or rely on job advertising platforms. If you don’t have a C# industry background, you can pursue a C# bootcamp or online course.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.
"Career Karma entered my life when I needed it most and quickly helped me match with a bootcamp. Two months after graduating, I found my dream job that aligned with my values and goals in life!"
Venus, Software Engineer at Rockbot