Junior front end developers ranked as one of the best tech jobs of 2019.This honestly doesn’t come as a surprise as junior front end developers enjoy competitive salaries and continuous job growth. Junior front end development is one of the fastest climbing jobs in the tech market with current developers being allowed to rise through the ranks to more senior positions very quickly. With so many benefits, it’s no surprise that so many tech industry hopefuls flock to this profession. What can you expect from a junior front end developer interview? Career Karma is here to give you the breakdown!
What is a Junior Front End Developer?
Before we can immerse ourselves in the interviewing world of junior front end development, we need to take a step back and see what junior front end developers actually do. Junior front end developers take on many of the same roles as regular front end developers. This means working with teams to create apps and websites. As far as the “junior” part goes, this just means that you will be paired with a senior front end developer to act as a mentor to help you continue to learn and grow in your job role.
Top Front End Developer Interview Questions
Now for the moment you’ve been waiting for, here are some of the most common junior front end developer interview questions:
- What has been the most difficult problem you have ever had to solve?
- Have you built an admin dashboard before?
- What tags would you use to make text bold or italic using HTML?
- What is CSS specificity?
- When would you use RGBA instead of a hex value for a color?
- Explain the difference between classical and prototypal inheritance.
- Explain what AJAX is and its advantages/disadvantages
- What will this code output? console.log(“122” + 344)
- How would you write a function that takes in two numbers and multiplies them without using the multiplication sign?
- How would you handle a situation where a client asks for something that is out of scope?
Keep in mind that these are just a few of the many types of interview questions that could be asked during a junior front end developer interview. It’s always a good idea to research the specific company that you will be interviewing with, as well as prepare for both technical skills and personality based questions.
How to Get Started
If you’re excited about the possibility of becoming a junior front end developer and are ready to experience your own interview with your dream company, you may be wondering where to get started. Coding bootcamps are one of the best ways to learn front end development skills and prepare for life in the tech industry. Career Karma can help connect you with the best bootcamp to suit your needs as well as connect you with a community of like minded peers.