One of the most popular career fields of the past decade is data analytics. Data analytics brings about a new way for companies to crunch numbers and make decisions based on data analysis. There are several ways you can pursue a data analytics education without having to commit to a four-year college program, one of which is a free data analytics bootcamp.
Free data analytics bootcamps can boost your career preparation for entry into the data analytics industry. With these free data analytics courses, you can gain the specialized skills and knowledge you need to succeed in this rapidly growing field. This article will explore some of the best free data analytics courses and bootcamps you should consider taking.
- Data analytics is a high-demand career field that offers plenty of lucrative opportunities for applicants with the right skillset, whether or not they have a formal education.
- A free data analytics bootcamp will help you gain the specialized skills and knowledge you need to enter the job market without committing to a lengthy and expensive college program.
- Some of the best free data analytics courses and bootcamps are offered by leading schools like CareerFoundry, Clarusway, Flatiron School and DataCamp.
- A free data analytics bootcamp takes a few weeks or months to complete because it only teaches the practical skills you need to become job-ready.
Free Coding Bootcamps to Learn Data Analytics
|Coding Bootcamp||Free Data Analytics Program||Location||Format|
|CareerFoundry||Data Analytics Short Course||Germany||Online|
|DataCamp||Data Science for Everyone||New York||Online|
|Flatiron School||Data Science Bootcamp Prep||New York||Online|
|freeCodeCamp||Data Analysis With Python||California||Online|
|Fullstack Academy||Data Analysis Training Accelerator (DATA)||New York||Online|
|OpenLearn||Learn to Code for Data Analysis||United Kingdom||Online|
|Simplilearn||Introduction to Data Analytics||California||Online|
|Springboard||Data Analysis with Python, SQL, and R||California||Online|
Best Free Coding Bootcamps to Learn Data Analytics
With the proliferation of data in today’s world, learning how to analyze and interpret this data has become increasingly important. Free coding bootcamps are one way to learn these in-demand skills. Below we’ll explore the best free data analytics bootcamps.
Data Analytics Short Course | CareerFoundry
CareerFoundry has a free short course that gives students a general overview of data analytics, preparing them for future study. You can expect to get hands-on with the foundations of data analysis. The course covers everything, from different sorts of data analytics roles to a breakdown of the tools and skills you’ll need if you seek a career in tech.
Mini Bootcamp | Clarusway
Clarusway offers free mini bootcamp courses for beginners to learn the basics of data analytics, such as SQL and data visualization. This is a great way to get started if you’re interested in learning more about analytics tools.
Data Science for Everyone | DataCamp
DataCamp is a for-profit course provider that specializes in data analytics. However, its Data Science for Everyone course lets you take the first module for free. It avoids technical jargon and is ideal for those new to the subject. You’ll learn about A/B testing, time series analysis, and machine learning, gaining practical skills by doing hands-on exercises and working on real-world projects.
Data Science Bootcamp Prep | Flatiron School
The Data Science Bootcamp Prep program at Flatiron School teaches students basic data analytics skills. Students use word clouds and frequency tables to analyze the information in their data sets. They also learn to visualize insights from their data using the Bernoulli method. This bootcamp prep course adequately prepares students for a data science career.
Data Analysis with Python | freeCodeCamp
You’ll study the essentials of data analysis with Python in this online data analytics course offered by freeCodeCamp. By completing this certificate course, you’ll know how to read data from CSVs and SQL files, as well as how to process and visualize data using libraries like NumPy, pandas, Matplotlib, and seaborn.
Data Analysis Training Accelerator | Fullstack Academy
The Fullstack Academy Data Analysis Training Accelerator (DATA) is a free, full-time, 18-week immersion training program created in response to industry feedback from major tech businesses. DATA teaches advanced Excel, SQL, and Python, and provides career coaching to participants. The program aims to give unemployed and underemployed New Yorkers the technical skills they need to get started in data and marketing research careers.
Learn to Code for Data Analysis | OpenLearn
Learn to Code for Data Analysis is a free eight-week course offered by OpenLearn. This course will provide you with a thorough understanding of basic programming and data analytics ideas and the ability to develop simple analytical algorithms in a programming environment. All of this is topped off with interactive activities and a free certificate of completion.
Data Analytics for Beginners | Simplilearn
The Data Analytics for Beginners course from Simplilearn provides a solid basis for working with various forms of data and creating data visualizations for decision-making. Anyone interested in a future career as a data analyst or business analyst will benefit from the program. The program will equip you with in-demand data skills, such as frequency distribution plots, swarm plots, and other analytics frameworks.
Data Analysis with Python, SQL, and R | Springboard
This data analysis program offers a quick yet thorough introduction to Python, SQL, and R. Springboard students first learn about general programming techniques and tools. Then, they learn R for data analysis, statistics, and machine learning. The third part covers visualization, social network analysis, and other electives.
Best Free Data Analytics Courses
- Diploma in MySQL and Statistics for Data Analysis | Alison. This diploma will fully equip you with the skills necessary to handle data analytics. SQL and statistics are vital tools to help you make informed business decisions for a successful career in data analytics.
- Exploratory Data Analysis | Coursera. Students will gain fundamental knowledge of exploratory analysis and enhance their skills in generating maps, which will aid them in achieving their career goals. This session is for students who wish to learn how to use Python for data visualization and analysis.
- Introduction to Data Analysis Using Excel | edX. Microsoft has created this month-long comprehensive certification course to teach you how to use the most popular features of Excel for data analysis. Master the ability to create pivot tables and reports, summarize your findings, and, most importantly, provide valuable insights.
- Intro to Data Analysis | Udacity. This six-week online course will give you a leg up on the competition in the data science field. You will obtain a thorough understanding of how to analyze massive data sets. You’ll also work with various Python libraries, including NumPy, Matplotlib, and pandas.
- Getting Started with Data Analytics on AWS | Udemy. Students will study the significance of data analysis in the modern world and how to undertake data analysis in the cloud. They’ll learn how to use AWS to create simple infographics and distinguish between descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive data analysis.
Learn Data Analytics Free: Other Resources
- Codecademy. A free SQL course is available from Codecademy. You’ll learn how to use SQL to communicate with relational databases. You’ll learn how to manipulate data and create queries that connect with several tables, and you’ll get hands-on experience with four projects in real-world settings.
- Google Cloud. In this course, you’ll look at the common problems that data analysts confront and learn how to tackle them using Google Cloud’s big data capabilities. Along the way, you’ll get a lot of practice using BigQuery and Dataprep to analyze and transform your data.
- Kaggle. Kaggle is an online learning platform that provides short courses with various interactive tasks. Topics include Python for data analytics, specialized libraries, deep learning, SQL, and advanced machine learning. This platform is a cost-effective and time-efficient way to broaden your knowledge.
- Khan Academy. This online education provider has a unit dedicated to data analysis and big data. Students learn how to store data sets in files, spreadsheets, and databases and how to find trends and correlations in data. They also learn how to use big data to improve picture recognition and recommendation algorithms.
- Microsoft. Microsoft Azure offers an online course on Log Analytics Query Language (KQL). This course will teach you the fundamentals of KQL syntax before moving on to more complex topics like machine learning, time series analysis, and exporting your data to different platforms.
Free Data Analytics Bootcamps FAQ
Yes, data analyst bootcamps are worth it. They provide the concentrated, rapid, and immersive learning that is best suited to providing people with the field-specific, job-ready skills they’ll need in solving real-world problems. Most importantly, enrolling in a bootcamp means that someone else is involved in your success and is ready to provide support whenever necessary.
A data analytics bootcamp is a targeted, shorter course of study in data analytics. A bootcamp might last between one week and one year. Bootcamps are also more career-focused than associate and bachelor’s degree programs. Keep in mind that a bootcamp credential is not equivalent to a degree in terms of educational level.
Before you take a data analytics bootcamp, it’s always good to start by looking at the requirements. You may need to have some previous experience with data analytics before starting the bootcamp, although that isn’t always the case. Ensure the program you’re interested in is appropriate for your learning level and aligns with your educational and professional goals.
Data analysts are paid an average salary of $63,442, according to PayScale. An entry-level data analyst earns around $58,172 per year. Mid-career data analysts get an average annual wage of $71,129. Experienced data analysts earn an average income of $72,325 per year.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.