It’s becoming difficult for job seekers to land their dream job in tech, with most of them having reskilled from traditional roles. Although the tech space is saturated with job openings, getting your foot in the door can be difficult.
One of the challenges of job applications is writing cover letters. Can you imagine writing countless cover letters tailored to each position, spending time and energy to make it outstanding, only to be ghosted or rejected?
Other times you find yourself applying for jobs with no idea on how much you can expect to earn, often encountering clichés such as “we offer competitive pay” and “generous remuneration.” Indeed, it has become a ritual among recruiters to keep job seekers in the dark about their expected pay in job postings.
Then, there are occasions when you don’t hear back from the companies you’d applied to, although you possess the skills and experience for the job. It can be mentally and physically draining to undergo the ordeal several times, sometimes successively.
But what if there’s a better way to apply for jobs? What if there’s a way to know salary and company information all upfront before applying? What if there’s a way to be assured you will receive feedback, an acknowledgment, or a decision on your application? What if instead of crafting multiple cover letters, you could simply apply with just a click? Think about the time and energy you would save, as well as relief on your mental health.
Well, look no further as AngelList Talent, acutely aware of the challenges job seekers face, aims to relieve these challenges with its mission of helping job seekers experience a job search with a lot less hassle and a lot more opportunity.
AngelList Talent has made it easier for you to land your dream job in tech. Visit its website to see how it works.AngelList Talent.
Read on to find out how AngelList Talent can make finding your dream job in tech personable, seamless, and more efficient than traditional job sites.
What Is AngelList Talent?
AngelList Talent is a professional match-maker connecting tech talents with the most innovative tech companies. The platform showcases fresh job openings from local and international companies, top startups, and big tech players.
Whether you’re looking for a unique opportunity to get in at the ground floor and build something or on a quest to join a more robust team with tech giants like Amazon, Square, Airbnb, and many others, AngelList Talent is ready to hook you up with the role fit for you.
Not only does AngelList Talent offer diversity in company size, but it also offers diversity across industries and products. Hundreds of new startups are emerging every week on the platform— ranging from Web3, AI, robotics, sustainability, and more. No matter your interest, AngelList Talent has established itself as one of the go-to places for tech talents looking to work on products they care about.
6 Key Features of AngelList Talent
AngelList Talent is more than a regular job board. It is where you would find features you wouldn’t otherwise see in some job sites, even established ones. So take a look at what distinguishes AngelList Talent from the others.
- No cover letters—use your profile to apply with one click. You can apply for jobs on the fly without cover letters, relieving you of the pressure of having to write a mind-blowing letter. Why? Because your profile on AngelList Talent does that for you. So, you can apply for a job with only one click.
- Pay transparency, no gatekeeping. Each job posted on AngelList Talent reveals the salary, equity, and benefits that come with it, instantly letting you weigh your options on whether to apply or not. Knowing what a company is willing to pay for a position beforehand can save you time and energy that would have been wasted on unwanted job applications. It also rules out the possibility of HR slashing your expected salary through negotiations.
- Get to know the company before applying. AngelList Talent provides essential details about the hiring company. Information includes details about the founder, entire staff, company location, seed raised, work culture, and more. Having the company information at your fingertips can save you from falling victim to a scam or encountering unwanted surprises later. It will also help you decide if the company’s vision aligns with your personal goals.
- Set your preferences. You can filter jobs based on your preferences, such as employment criteria (full-time, contract, etc.), salary range, and company size. You can also filter based on the values you consider essential in your ideal job.
- AngelList Talent Remote. You can apply for jobs in or outside the US without a visa. You can set your profile to “ready to interview” and let companies reach out to you. So, while you are not only applying for jobs, they are also seeking you.
- AngelList Featured. AngelList Talent provides an elevated job search highlighting top tech talent to startups, recruiters, and founders searching for unique skills. Essentially, it’s a new type of job search, one that puts the job seeker in control. Companies that match your preferences will pitch you directly to your inbox. From there, simply vet your options and choose who to continue conversations with. No job applications, no ghosting, no cost to you. Learn more and join featured for free.
How to Sign Up for AngelList Talent in Three Steps
Step 1. Create an account for free.
Visit the website and click “Get started” or “Sign up” at the top right corner of the homepage. Once you have signed up with your Google account, enter your details in the form. You will receive a verification link at the email address you provided.
Step 2. Create your profile.
In the respective sections, fill up your bio and employment history, social profile, education, skills, and achievements. Since cover letters are not required, you are advised to furnish as much information as possible to make your profile stand out.
Step 3. Start browsing and selecting jobs that interest you.
Click on the “jobs” tab to start searching. You can use the filter option to search based on location, salary, contract type, company size/funding stage, skills, industry, and more. You can also save jobs and sign up for recommended jobs sent straight to your inbox.
Begin Your Tech Job Search at AngelList Talent
Admittedly, tech job applications can be daunting and exhausting, especially if you have no prior experience in the field but are ready to transit, having upskilled from a traditional role. AngelList Talent is aware of this, hence its impressive features, carefully crafted to make the process of job applications smoother.
Thanks to AngelList Talent, you can rest assured knowing that you need not write a heap of cover letters or be ghosted, entirely sure that the job you are applying for fits your purpose and criteria.
So, if you are ready and aim to apply for tech jobs offering clarity and transparency, head on to AngelList Talent and explore the job opportunities that await you.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.