Yellow Tail Tech’s Cloud for Jobs program has just gotten even better!
If you’re looking for cloud training that packs a punch, look no further than Yellow Tail Tech. This year, the Maryland-based edtech company joined forces with Amazon Web Services (AWS) as it became one of its authorized training partners—a milestone that only a few bootcamps have accomplished.
But wait, it gets even better! Yellow Tail Tech is also introducing the latest iteration of its Cloud for Jobs program — the Cloud for Jobs 2.0. Leveling up your cloud skills has never been easier or more accessible.
Why Should You Learn AWS?
With artificial intelligence and other digital advancements taking the world by storm, more and more companies are restructuring and moving to the cloud. But, there’s a catch — only a small percentage of professionals (only 8%, according to the latest State of Cloud 2022 report) are equipped to work with cloud-related tools.
This is where you come in!
With the right skills, you can boost your employability and access new opportunities in a thriving field. One platform that exemplifies this is AWS Cloud, which caters to the needs of millions of customers by enabling them to efficiently manage IT infrastructure for companies of any size. Embracing and mastering these technologies can open doors to a wide array of career possibilities and help you stay at the forefront of the tech industry.
So, you might ask: With all the cloud computing platforms out there like Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and IBM Cloud, why should you focus on building your AWS skills? Let’s take a closer look below.
1. AWS is dominating the industry. AWS is the world’s most widely-used cloud services platform, with nearly 1.5 million businesses spending on the platform as of 2022. With more companies leaning into cloud services, the demand for AWS Cloud practitioners is bound to increase. Not to mention, cloud computing sits among the top 10 hard skills you must learn to stay competitive, according to LinkedIn. By learning AWS, you can give both your career and earning potential a boost.
Enter the world of cloud computing with Yellow Tail Tech and boost your chances of earning a certification in AWS SysOps Administration.Book a 10-minute intro call.
2. AWS Cloud careers are lucrative. Speaking of earning potential, AWS Cloud Engineers pocket competitive salaries, averaging $138,563, according to ZipRecruiter. That’s more than double the national average salary—$57,200—across all jobs in the US! As you gain more experience in the field, your salary could reach as high as $195,000 per year.
3. AWS training has never been more accessible. AWS has a large customer base and an even bigger community for anyone wanting to get a headstart on the cloud platform. You don’t even need to get into college to get trained on AWS; you can have your pick among numerous in-person and online AWS courses out there. The downside is that only a few of these training providers are officially recognized by AWS. That’s where Yellow Tail Tech comes in!
6 Reasons to Enroll in Yellow Tail Tech’s Cloud for Jobs 2.0
Here’s everything you can look forward to when you enroll in the Cloud for Jobs 2.0.
1. Learn the latest cloud skills from an AWS-vetted curriculum.
With its recent partnership with AWS and program iteration, Yellow Tail Tech is taking its Cloud for Jobs 2.0 program to the next level with a curriculum crafted and continually updated by AWS pros. With expert instruction from seasoned instructors and TAs, you’ll gain the knowledge and hands-on experience necessary to thrive in the cloud computing industry. Plus, you’ll even earn an AWS Practitioner and AWS SysOps Certificate, setting you apart from the competition.
2. Prepare for the AWS SysOps Certification Exam.
There’s no better proof of your technical skills than getting a professional AWS certification. At Yellow Tail Tech, you will spend eight weeks on certification training as you learn how to monitor, deploy, store, and manage AWS systems. By the end of your training, you’ll be able to take the exam with confidence!
3. Cloud for Jobs 2.0 now takes only 7.5 months to complete.
Originally a nine-month program, you can now complete Cloud for Jobs 2.0 in only 7.5 months and land a job sooner! Cover multiple modules that reflect the current best practices in the industry and put your skills to the test through hands-on labs and exercises as you learn the following:
- IT infrastructure and networking
- Linux system administration
- AWS for jobs training
- AWS SysOps Certification Exam prep
- Python Automation
4. The Cloud for Jobs 2.0 is designed with flexibility in mind.
You don’t need to travel to campus to learn AWS. With just a few clicks, you can join your class virtually anywhere. The curriculum follows a hybrid learning model that combines self-paced learning with instructor-led training. So, you’ll have access to online exercises and pre-recorded lectures, as well as the opportunity to attend two to three weekly live sessions where you can engage directly with your peers and instructors.
5. Beginners are welcome to enroll.
Yellow Tail Tech’s mission is to take you “from zero to job-ready” so you don’t even need technical expertise to enroll in the program. You get access to the Student Learning Platform, which includes additional learning materials to prepare you before class. Yellow Tail Tech will also provide you ongoing support through:
- Weekly review sessions to check your progress;
- One-on-one consultation with instructors when working on projects, and;
- A welcoming community of diverse and dynamic students
Once you complete the program, you can further solidify your skills by exploring apprenticeship opportunities.
6. Get hired faster.
So you’ve got technical training and are prepped for the AWS SysOps Certification exam. Now, all you need is a job. Luckily, the Cloud for Jobs 2.0 program provides career support to help you develop essential job search skills and also help you secure an apprenticeship and gain hands-on experience. By the end of the program, you’ll be ready to take on AWS Cloud DevOps engineering roles.
Still on the Fence?
Yellow Tail Tech understands that enrolling in an intensive program such as Cloud for Jobs 2.0, especially if you’re a parent, career changer, or a working professional, can be daunting. That’s why the edtech company makes sure every student gets the support they need to complete the program and land a job.
If you are ready to gain new skills to kickstart your AWS career, book a 10-minute intro call with an enrollment advisor and discover more about Yellow Tail Tech’s Cloud for Jobs 2.0. As an added bonus, students who will enroll for their upcoming cohort in October 2023, are eligible for a $2,000 tuition credit from Yellow Tail Tech!
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.