As the demand for Scrum professionals rises, now is the perfect time to acquire Scrum skills. At the time of writing, job site Indeed lists over 72,000 Scrum jobs. However, despite the increase in Scrum-related roles in tech, there is still a giant lack of representation in the industry, particularly for women, people of color, and members of the LGBTQ community.
The Charted Institute for IT (BCS) diversity report identified a significant gender diversity gap in tech—favoring men over women. Furthermore, according to Facebook’s (now Meta’s) 2021 diversity report, only 4.4 percent of its employees are black and 6.5 percent Hispanic. Asian and White employees make up more than 80 percent of its workforce.
That is why CAVU strives to help improve opportunities for minorities and under-represented communities in the tech world. It aims to level the playing field by offering affordable, accessible Scrum training to ensure these groups gain the skills to stand out in a highly competitive field.
Read on to learn how you can gain Scrum skills that will place you ahead of the curve.
The demand for Scrum skills is higher than ever. CAVU offers Scrum courses that you can complete in less than a week.Start training today!
What Is Scrum?
Scrum is a project management framework designed to sustain the delivery of high-value products in a complex environment. How? It involves breaking down a project into quick and short time-boxed periods lasting anywhere from one to four weeks.
Each sprint is designed to hit a specific milestone or deliverable. By the end of each sprint, the client reviews your output and provides feedback, giving your team maximum opportunities for improvement. Once your team finishes one sprint, your team moves on to the other, and so on until you complete the entire project.
By design, this process enforces structure, allows your team to track progress quickly, and makes the project development process more manageable. It also ensures that product adjustments and errors are captured and addressed on the go. As a result, Scrum helps reduce production costs, develop high-quality products, and increase client and user satisfaction.
As CAVU founder Chris Sims likes to say, Scrum is recession-proof. It teaches companies to do more with less, but more than that, it helps them get people into the right roles and do the right things in the most effective ways. Ultimately, it’s a benefit for the company and the employees.
The Scrum methodology is changing how teams and companies approach work. So it is no surprise that tech industry leaders are scouting for Scrum-trained professionals.
Below, we highlight four reasons why you should start learning Scrum.
5 Reasons to Learn Scrum
- Scrum is a widely adopted development methodology. Scrum is an Agile framework adopted by big tech companies like Google, IBM, and Apple for their development process. And they’re not the only ones. Companies in non-tech industries like construction, marketing, and finance implement the Scrum methodology. Learning Scrum, therefore, makes you versatile and a valuable team member in a range of industries.
- Scrum enhances your interpersonal skills. Much like the rugby terminology, ‘scrummage’, where the framework gets its name, Scrum emphasizes the importance of teamwork. By mastering Scrum, you also hone your interpersonal skills like how to collaborate with members of your team. If you don’t know it yet, collaboration is one of the top soft skills employers look for in candidates.
- Scrum promotes a growth mindset. Scrum believes in continuous learning and adaptability. It equips you with the skills to troubleshoot and provide timely solutions to complex problems. Knowing how to implement Scrum can increase your reliability and make you fit for leadership positions.
- Having Scrum skills can increase your job security. Whether you are training to become a Product Owner or Scrum Master, your skills will help you deliver high-quality products. Put simply, these skills bring value to your work that can make you nearly irreplaceable.
- Learning Scrum can boost your earning potential. Scrum-trained professionals are not only in high demand, but high earners as well. According to PayScale, Scrum Masters earn an average annual salary of $90,312 as of July 2022.
Now that you know the benefits of learning Scrum, this brings us to the next question: where can you get Scrum training?
How to Become a Scrum Master with CAVU Online Courses
Fortunately, you don’t need to go far to learn Scrum. CAVU can equip you with fundamental Scrum knowledge from the comfort of your home in just a few days.
At the time of writing, CAVU offers the following Scrum courses:
- Scrum Bootcamp
- Scrum@Scale Practitioner
- Scrum Launchpad
- Registered Scrum Master
- Registered Product Owner
Want to learn more? Check out our article for a review of CAVU’s Scrum courses.
What You Will Learn from CAVU
- Scrum framework. Gain a grounded knowledge of Scrum theory and how to use it to drive efficient and high-quality product delivery. You will also learn the Scrum five core values: openness, respect, focus, courage, and commitment. These values will teach you how to lead a tech team.
- Lean principles. Learn how to identify and reduce waste in a system, process, or organization.
- Techniques and metrics. Use these skills to improve your team performance and satisfaction as a Scrum Master.
- How Scrum contributes to organizational growth. Learn how to use Scrum principles to scale an organization.
What Do Scrum Classes at CAVU Look Like?
CAVU classes are multi-faceted, highly engaging, and interactive. The online interactive live courses are designed to encourage collaboration and provide students with an immersive learning experience. Classes are held virtually using state-of-the-art technology to maximize students’ experiences.
How to Apply for CAVU
CAVU currently has open registration for the Registered Scrum Master certification as part of its five-day Scrum Bootcamp, which also includes the Registered Product Owner certification. Exam fees are included at no additional cost. To register, you must take the following steps:
- Visit the Scrum Bootcamp page.
- Select “Event Detail” to find out more information about each cohort, based on dates.
- Once you have selected your cohort, on the “Event Detail” page, choose the number of seats you want to purchase and click “Next”.
- You will be prompted to enter your email address and name before adding the course to your cart and completing your purchase.
- Once you have purchased the course, you will receive a confirmation email and further instructions for accessing the course from email@example.com.
Advance Your Professional Career with CAVU
Earning a Scrum skill can significantly boost your chances to stand out and stay ahead of the competition in tech. Scrum mastery is valued across the tech industry as one of the most vital skills a tech professional can acquire. It can significantly increase your earning potential and quickly project you into any leadership position.
If you are ready to take your career to the next level, visit CAVU’s Scrum Bootcamp page today.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.