Python is the most popular of all programming languages according to the TIOBE Index. It can be used for a variety of purposes, from developing web applications to creating scientific simulations. If you are looking to learn Python, there are several free Python bootcamp and online course options available. All you need is a laptop and an Internet connection to start with.
Python bootcamps are a great way to learn Python for a career in tech. They offer a fully immersive experience. Bootcamps also come with the bonus of networking. You’ll be surrounded by other Python enthusiasts who are eager to share their experiences. In this article, we will discuss some of the best free Python bootcamps and free Python courses.
Free Coding Bootcamps to Learn Python
|Coding Bootcamp||Free Python Program||Location||Format|
|CareerFoundry||Data Analytics Short Course||Berlin, Germany||Online|
|Coding Dojo||Intro to Python||Sunnyvale, CA||Online|
|CodingNomads||Python Programming||Kings Beach, CA||Online|
|Flatiron School||Learn Data Science for Free||New York||Online|
|freeCodeCamp||Scientific Computing with Python||San Francisco, CA||Online|
|Hackbright Academy||Explore Python Free||Lehi, UT||Online|
|Ironhack||Data Analytics Bootcamp (Online Prework)||Miami, FL||Online|
|Le Wagon||Begin Your Journey with Python||Paris, France||Online|
|Metis||Admission Prep for Data Science Bootcamp||Chicago||Online|
|NYC Data Science Academy||Introduction to Data Science||New York||Online|
|Springboard||Machine Learning in Python||San Francisco, CA||Online|
Best Free Coding Bootcamps to Learn Python
In the above table, we have listed the best free online coding bootcamps for Python. Below, we will discuss these online bootcamps briefly. This info will help you learn one of the most popular programming languages, kickstart your software development career, and eventually land your dream job.
Data Analytics Short Course | CareerFoundry
If you want to learn the basics of data analytics, CareerFoundry offers a data analytics short course on the subject. The course is self-paced and can be completed in five days, with an investment of 1.5 hours per day. You will learn basic concepts with the help of Python. The course contains video tutorials, text lessons, practical exercises, and interactive quizzes.
Intro to Python | Coding Dojo
Coding Dojo offers an intro to Python workshop. This workshop is designed for beginners with little or no programming experience. The course covers the basics of Python, variables, lists, data types, conditionals, and Python libraries. The workshop is offered for free and lasts for two hours.
Python Programming | CodingNomads
CodingNomads offers an intensive course on Python programming. The online program is designed for beginner and intermediate programmers. You’ll learn the fundamentals of Python, including data types, loops, functions, and object oriented programming. The course also covers more advanced topics, such as working with databases and creating graphical user interfaces.
Learn Data Science for Free | Flatiron School
Flatiron School offers a great free course that teaches the data science applications of Python. In this course, you will get a fundamental understanding of Python, which is the standard language in data science, data analytics, and machine learning. You will also learn the basics of data visualization, regular expressions, and binomial distribution.
Scientific Computing with Python | freeCodeCamp
This freeCodeCamp course is designed for people who want to use Python for scientific computing. It focuses on Python fundamentals, such as loops, variables, and conditionals. You’ll advance to more sophisticated data structures and data visualization once you’ve finished the basics.
Explore Python Free | Hackbright Academy
Explore Python Free by Hackbright Academy is a free way to acquire Python skills for a programming career. The course consists of six lessons and has a self-paced option. You will learn the basics of this general-purpose programming language, including conditionals, logic and control flow, Python lists, and Python dictionaries, all through hands-on practice and coding exercises. This course is meant for people who have never coded before.
Data Analytics Bootcamp (Online Prework) | Ironhack
Ironhack offers an immersive bootcamp on data analytics. The bootcamp length is nine weeks and you will learn the basics of Python and data analytics, SQL and relational databases, statistics, data visualization, and machine learning. When you start, you’ll get 60 hours of free online tutorials. This prework will introduce you to the fundamentals of programming. Once the prework is over, the paid portion of the bootcamp kicks in.
Begin your Journey with Python | Le Wagon
Le Wagon offers a free webinar to help you begin your journey with Python. This webinar is designed for people who want to learn how to use Python for data analytics. You will learn how to analyze data with the help of Python, Jupyter notebook, and pandas. The course is offered for free and prepares students for their data analytics journeys.
Admissions Prep for Data Science Bootcamp | Metis
Metis offers this course, which is designed for people who want to learn to code with Python for data science. The course covers the basic building blocks of Python programming, linear algebra, calculus, probability, and statistics. The course is offered for free and is a bootcamp prep course for the full stack data science bootcamp.
Introduction to Data Science | NYC Data Science Academy
NYC Data Science Academy offers a course that gives you an introduction to data science. This course is designed for people who want to learn how to use Python for data analysis and visualization. The course covers the basics of Python, SciPy, seaborn, NumPy, pandas, and Matplotlib. This course is free and lasts for eight hours.
Machine Learning in Python | Springboard
This Springboard course is designed for people who want to learn how to use machine learning algorithms to solve real-world problems. The free course lasts over 12 hours and covers the basics of Python programming, NumPy, and pandas. You’ll also learn other critical aspects of machine learning, such as supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, the fundamentals of artificial intelligence, and model evaluation.
Best Free Python Courses
- Machine Learning in Python Environment | Alison. This free online course is designed for those who wish to gain knowledge of Python for machine learning. This course will give you the skills you need to start using machine learning in your own projects.
- Crash Course on Python | Coursera. Google Developers offers a free crash course on Python, which is available on Coursera. This course aims to teach you the fundamentals of Python programming so that you can create basic applications. You will get a free certificate from Google upon successful completion of this course.
- Visualizing Data With Python | edX. This free course offered by edX covers how to use Python’s basic visualization tools, such as seaborn, Matplotlib, and Folium to produce visualizations with data. The course also includes the use of some specialized and advanced visualization tools.
- Introduction to Python Programming | Udacity. Udacity’s Introduction to Python Programming is a free course for people who want to learn Python. You’ll learn how to use Python data types and variables to store information, as well as how to utilize the Python Standard Library.
- Try Django 1.11: Python Web Development | Udemy. This free Udemy course teaches the basics of Django, which is a popular Python web development framework. This course is for anyone interested in learning Python web development in just a few hours per week.
- Data Science, Machine Learning, Data Analysis using Python and R | Udemy. This free course offered by Udemy will teach you how to implement R and Python for data science, data analysis, and machine learning. You’ll learn about the various libraries and tools available for both languages.
Learn Python Free: Other Resources
- Learn Python.org. This online platform is dedicated to teaching people how to learn Python programming for various software engineering and data science roles. The website offers tutorials, examples, and resources for learning fundamental skills of Python.
- Real Python. Real Python is a website that offers Python tutorials and video lessons. These free tutorials and videos cover basic to advanced Python programming skills.
- Solo Learn. Solo Learn offers comprehensive coding courses, including Python as well as other programming languages. The Python tutorials include Python Core, Python for Beginners, Python for Data Science, and Python for Finance.
- TutorialsPoint. TutorialsPoint is a great online learning platform that offers a wide range of web development and programming tutorials. It also includes comprehensive Python tutorials that cater to learners at the beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels.
- W3Schools. W3Schools is one of the best online resources that offer a comprehensive set of Python tutorials. The tutorials cover the core concepts of Python programming, as well as advanced concepts like object oriented programming and database access.
Free Python Bootcamps FAQ
Python bootcamps are worth it if you want to quickly learn the critical components of the Python language in an immersive learning environment. However, if you’re looking for a more comprehensive and slower-paced learning method, a course might be better suited for you. Ultimately, it is up to you to decide what kind of learning environment best suits your needs.
The prerequisites for a Python bootcamp vary depending on the program. Most programs require no prerequisites or technical skills. However, some programs require you to have some basic programming skills. It is always best to check with the bootcamp provider to see what the specific prerequisites are.
The amount of time it takes to learn Python depends on your prior knowledge of programming, your learning ability, and the intensity of your studies. Most people can learn the basics of Python within a few weeks. However, it can take months or even years to become an expert programmer with skills good enough to land you a job in the tech industry.
The jobs you can get with Python skills include application developer, software developer, software engineer, data analyst, data scientist, and research scientist. Python is a popular language throughout Silicon Valley for full stack development, game development, scientific computing, data analysis, deep learning, and artificial intelligence.
You can find many professional roles with high salaries and promising job growth in these fields. To take one example, according to PayScale, the average full stack developer earns $75,057 per year. The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that in 2030 there will be 22 percent more software developers than there were in 2020.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.