Web development is a challenging and in-demand field, so it’s no surprise that bootcamps and courses can be expensive. However, several free web development bootcamps and courses are available online and in person with a flexible schedule. In this roundup, we’ve collected the best free web development bootcamp options available.
Best Free Web Development Bootcamps
|Coding Bootcamp||Free Web Development Program||Location||Format|
|Ada Developers Academy||Full Stack Web Development||Seattle, Atlanta||In-person, Online|
|Bay Valley Tech||Code Academy||Modesto, California||Online|
|Codecademy||Introduction to HTML and CSS||New York||Online|
|C1ode Platoon||Full Stack Software Engineering Program||Chicago||Hybrid|
|Flatiron School||Free Intro to Coding||New York||Online, In-person|
|Frontend Masters||Web Development Bootcamp||Minneapolis, Minnesota||Online|
|Fullstack Academy||Future Code NYC||New York||Online|
|Mississippi Coding Academics||Full Stack Software Development||Jackson, Starkville, and South Jackson, Mississippi||In-person|
|Resilient Coders||Resilient Bootcamp||Boston, Massachusetts||In-person|
|SkillCrush||Free Coding Camp||New York||Online|
There are tons of online web development bootcamps that can help teach you to become a web developer. While there are many expensive bootcamps, free coding bootcamps can teach you just as much. Below, we will discuss the best free web development bootcamps to learn foundational skills and secure your dream job.
Full Stack Web Development | Ada Developers Academy
Ada Developers Academy, named after the first programmer, Ada Lovelace, is a women-only coding bootcamp in both downtown Seattle and Atlanta. The full stack web development bootcamp starts with six months of instruction followed by five months of a paid internship.
Code Academy | Bay Valley Tech
Introduction to HTML and CSS | Codecademy
One of the best free web development bootcamps available is Codecademy. Codecademy offers a variety of courses, including courses in web development. These courses are designed to teach you the basics of web development and can help you decide if this is the career path for you.
After finishing the HTML and Ruby beginner courses, you can continue to intermediate classes in CSS, PHP, the React library, Node.js, p5.js, and AngularJS. These courses can help you progress in your career.
Full Stack Software Engineering Program | Code Platoon
Code Platoon is a non-profit coding bootcamp in Chicago, Illinois that provides technical training and job placement to veterans and military spouses who are transitioning into the civilian market. Code Platoon offers training in coding skills.
Free Intro Into Coding | Flatiron School
Web Development Bootcamp | Frontend Masters
Future Code NYC | Fullstack Academy
Fullstack Academy offers a free immersive online web development bootcamp to eligible New Yorkers. The curriculum is meant to prepare New Yorkers with no prior professional web development expertise for a web development career.
To apply, you don’t need any coding experience. Future Code aspires to increase the number of web developers in New York City, particularly among Black and Latino New Yorkers, by providing free training, career coaching, and job placement.
Full Stack Software Development | Mississippi Coding Academies
At numerous campus locations in Jackson, Starkville, and South Jackson, Mississippi, Coding Academies provides a 44-week Full Stack Software Development Bootcamp. Students in the Full Stack Software Development program will learn to code through coding projects.
Experienced developers will analyze and review the bootcamp work. All students are welcome to attend this web development bootcamp. It is not necessary to have any prior coding experience. Mississippi students are entitled to free tuition.
Resilient Bootcamp | Resilient Coders
Industry professionals also educate students in soft skills like communication strategies, speaking advice, best practices for responsibility and time management, and technical capabilities.
Free Coding Camp | SkillCrush
Best Free Web Development Courses
- Algorithm Prep | Coding Dojo. Coding Dojo’s Algorithm training platform helps you build your coding muscles. The Algorithm Training Platform guides you through increasingly complex challenges as you move through the levels. After each task, a video featuring an instructor shows you how they would solve the algorithm in their own time.
- Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python) | Coursera. Coursera provides numerous free web development courses, but this course is a complete guide to your coding journey.
- Intro to HTML/CSS: Making Webpages | Khan Academy. The Intro to HTML/CSS is a free web development course that includes a range of self-guided lessons, with professionals providing voice and video instruction on how to use HTML and CSS. It also employs interactive on-screen windows to display the code and output the results while the narration is being delivered.
- Introduction to Computer Science and Programming | MIT OpenCourseWare. This course teaches Python programming. The aim of this free online web development course is to provide students with a better grasp of how computing may help them solve problems. It also aims to enable students to feel confident in their tech abilities.
- Getting Started with the Web | Mozilla Developer Network. Mozilla Developer Network is a resource created by Mozilla, the team behind the Firefox browser. These tools are ideal for students who want to absorb information and learn best by reading and seeing examples on the page. The subjects covered are diverse, from basic web introductions and front end languages to optimization and performance.
Other Resources to Learn Web Development for Free
- Freecodecamp. Freecodecamp is one of the best free coding bootcamps. It is an open-source platform that provides free instruction and certification in various web development skills. Web design, front end development, data visualization, backend programming and API, machine learning, quality assurance, data analysis, information security, and more are certifications given by Freecodecamp.
- HTML Reference. HTML Reference is a fantastic online learning resource that includes HTML from the Bulma CSS generator. It contains everything a learner needs to know about using HTML in web development.
- Scrmba. Scrmba is a ground-breaking remote program that uses an interactive screencast and live events to teach web development. It offers both free and low-cost, high-quality courses that help in achieving your career goals.
- The Odin Project. The Odin Project, like Freecodecamp, is an open-source online platform that helps students learn web development for free. It includes a full stack curriculum that will guide you to a career in programming.
Are Free Web Development Bootcamps Worth It?
Free web development bootcamps are worth it for students who want to master specialized skills. These programs can be found both online and in person, so they cater to a variety of learning needs. In addition, this is a great field to go into because, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, web developers have an expected job growth rate of 23 percent over the next decade. A free web development bootcamp is an excellent way to gain in-demand skills and begin working towards a career in tech without making any financial investments.
Free Web Development Bootcamps FAQ
Some free web development bootcamps are certified, while some aren’t. Certain web development bootcamps will require you to pay for the certificate, while some, like Ada Developers Academy, will give you a certificate upon successfully completing the course.
Can I get a web developer job by just going to a bootcamp?
You can get a web developer job by going to a bootcamp, as there is a high demand for professionals with these skills. In fact, the job growth rate for this profession is 23 percent over the next decade, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Further, most web development bootcamps offer career services to help you start your career.
Where can I learn web development for free?
You can learn web development for free through a variety of online bootcamp and coding course opportunities. Providers such as Fullstack Academy, Codecademy, Skillshare, and Coursera all provide free web development courses online. In addition, organizations such as Ada Developers Academy also offer free in-person learning opportunities.
How long does it take to finish a web development bootcamp?
A web development bootcamp can last anywhere from several weeks to around six months, each program is different. Many free web development bootcamps are offered as self-paced programs, which means how long the program takes is completely up to the individual learner.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.