Modern skills are needed to succeed in business. Those with software development experience command high salaries and get to work on engaging and rewarding issues. Learning those skills is easy, thanks to Vanderbilt University Coding Bootcamps. When you attend a program like the Vanderbilt Coding Boot Camp, you can pick up the experience that employers want to see.
We put together this article to help you find the right Vanderbilt online coding bootcamp for your needs. In this guide, you’ll find out all about Vanderbilt’s coding bootcamp. We show you where you’ll travel to take your lessons, and you’ll get better acquainted with the instructors who will guide you through your educational experience.
You’ll learn what you can expect to pay for school and the different financial arrangements available to cover your expenses. We also take a look at the course curriculum and discover what former students have to say about Vanderbilt’s program. Keep reading to learn more.
Vanderbilt University Bootcamp Courses
|Description||There are four Vanderbilt bootcamp certification accredited programs. These four programs include coding, data analytics, cyber security, and digital marketing.|
These bootcamps are run exclusively online, making it easy for students all over the world to partake in comprehensive education no matter their time zone or schedule.
These Vanderbilt University Boot Camps provide students with hands-on experience over 24 intensive weeks of online video courses. These courses cover all of the specialized skills a student needs to be successful in an entry-level role in the field of their choice.
|Cost||$8,745 – $12,495|
|Start Dates||Rolling Admission|
|Class Time||Part-Time: 9 hrs./wk.|
|Program Duration||Part-Time: 18-24 Weeks|
|Part-Time Courses||Coding Boot Camp, Data Analytics Boot Camp, Cybersecurity Boot Camp, Digital Marketing Boot Camp|
Top Vanderbilt University Coding Bootcamps
The Vanderbilt coding bootcamps are a great investment for prospective students whether or not they have previous experience in coding, digital marketing, or other similar fields. These Vanderbilt online coding bootcamps allow students to gain the skills applicable to the new tech jobs they are pursuing.
Vanderbilt University Coding Bootcamp
This Vanderbilt coding bootcamp teaches students the essential skills needed to become a full stack web developer. Programming and full stack web development are high-growth career tracks that are expected to continue to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Enrolling in a part-time coding program will help students learn foundational knowledge in key programming languages, leading to success in a full stack web development career.
What you will learn at Vanderbilt University Coding Bootcamp:
- Front End and Backend Frameworks. Adult learners will understand the difference between front end and backend programming languages. The full stack development program includes hands-on experience with popular front end and backend languages such as Ruby, Python, PHP, React, jQuery, and Swift.
- Programming Languages. In order to ensure familiarity with each language and its use during web development, programming fundamentals and languages will be covered. A wide range of programming languages is covered to ensure the student is prepared for a job in the tech industry at the end of the Vanderbilt coding bootcamp.
- Website Style and Design. Tech students will learn how to create responsive, clean, and accessible websites. Students will practice through complex projects that will provide real-world experience and give them insight into industry trends. These projects can then be used to create a professional portfolio to increase employability as a software developer or full stack web developer.
Vanderbilt University Data Analytics Bootcamp
The Vanderbilt data analytics bootcamp is a challenging, part-time bootcamp that provides students with advanced knowledge in fundamental statistics, front end web visualization, databases, and Python programming. It teaches real skills that adult learners can use to obtain their dream careers.
What you will learn at Vanderbilt University Data Analytics Bootcamp:
- Fundamental Statistics. The Vanderbilt data analytics bootcamp teaches students about fundamental statistics. It covers modeling and forecasting, which assists in compiling data for sales, consumer habits, and cross-selling opportunities. It also covers how machine learning can assist in automation strategy when modeling and forecasting.
- Front End Web Visualization. This data analytics bootcamp by Vanderbilt University uses a multidisciplinary approach when it teaches tech students about front end web visualization. Specifically, it covers programming languages, geomapping, and Bootstrap. This is taught through an online class environment that utilizes hands-on projects and self-paced study.
- Python Programming. Vanderbilt University’s bootcamp also includes instruction on the Python programming language. This language is imperative to a successful career in data analytics as it is one of the most popular coding languages in the field. Students will learn how to use it with NumPy, Pandas, and API interactions.
Vanderbilt University Cybersecurity Bootcamp
The Vanderbilt Cybersecurity Bootcamp provides students with a rewarding experience as they learn how to combat bad actors, viruses, and other risks to network systems. This bootcamp focuses on offensive cyber security and defensive cyber security. This means that students will gain well-rounded knowledge in the field. The Vanderbilt cyber security bootcamp is composed of 24-week, part-time courses.
What you will learn at Vanderbilt University Cybersecurity Bootcamp:
- Ethical Hacking. In addition to traditional methods of information security, the Vanderbilt cyber security bootcamp focuses on ethical hacking. Students will learn how to use Kali Linux, Burp Suite, and Hashcat. Additionally, students will learn the difference between ethical hacking and malicious hacking.
- Cyber Security. Through Vanderbilt University’s multidisciplinary approach, students can also learn about cyber security. As part of this education program, students learn how to assess cyber security threats and risks, and deal with viruses, malware, and keylogging.
- Networking and Systems. Students will gain the technical skills they need in Windows and Linux techniques, perform packet analysis and use Wireshark. Students will also learn the relevant skills they need to conduct risk audits and provide top-tier cloud security.
Vanderbilt University Digital Marketing Bootcamp
The Vanderbilt digital marketing bootcamp helps students acquire campaign analysis skills, campaign development skills, and digital advertising skills. This full stack curriculum provides students with the key skills they need to obtain an entry-level position as a digital marketing professional.
The fast-paced, immersive curriculum is delivered through an online learning environment. By the end of the course, students will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating their skills. Students also have access to portfolio reviews and a wide range of career services. In terms of both education and professional advancement, this course is comprehensive.
What you will learn at Vanderbilt University Digital Marketing Bootcamp:
- Digital Marketing Strategy Fundamentals. The Vanderbilt marketing bootcamp teaches students how to create data strategies, use organic social media, and utilize content strategy to grow a brand and its audience. It uses real data sets as examples to show students the effect of well-tailored digital marketing skills and campaigns.
- Campaign and Website Optimization. The curriculum includes a deep dive into campaign and website optimization. It includes SEO techniques, in-demand tools, link building, conversion tracking, and domain authority.
- Digital Advertising. With this bootcamp, students will learn how to create effective digital ads, place paid ads, and use social media platforms for advertising. It amplifies students’ basic digital marketing skills by providing knowledge in paid search advertising and analytics, audience targeting, and customer relationship management.
Vanderbilt University Bootcamp Locations
Previously, Vanderbilt coding bootcamps were held on campus. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Vanderbilt University coding bootcamps have been moved exclusively to an online environment. Although the class environment has changed, the bootcamp still provides the same quality education to its students.
Each Vanderbilt online coding bootcamp uses a virtual classroom. The virtual classroom is equivalent to that of a modern physical classroom. The curriculum is the same, but it is presented through online video courses instead of in-person lectures. Students still have access to tutoring, professor questions, and career services.
Although the programs are now exclusively online, they still provide the same high-quality education from industry professionals. Prospective students can choose from a wide array of technologies to learn to help them upskill and leave their current careers to pursue a new job in the technology industry.
Vanderbilt University Bootcamp Review
To get a real idea of what attending a school is like, it’s best to get information straight from the folks who’ve been there and lived through it. Former students are great sources of information about a school and the good and bad aspects it might have. Student experience is key to understanding what you should be aware of before you enroll.
Vanderbilt coding bootcamp alumni report having a rewarding experience with the bootcamp. In one review in Career Karma, a student said, “Vanderbilt is an amazing institution. The offers to develop your skills, passions, career path, and personal network are second to none.“ This further proves that the Vanderbilt coding bootcamps are an excellent option for prospective learners.
Vanderbilt Bootcamp Cost
If you are interested in attending this program it is important to find out the Vanderbilt University coding bootcamp tuition cost. Bootcamps are often more affordable than traditional four-year degrees. Although they are often cheaper, they can still be costly, especially if you are facing economic hardship.
So, how much is Vanderbilt University coding bootcamp? Vanderbilt coding bootcamp tuition ranges from $8,745 – $12,495 depending on the bootcamp. While that’s still a hefty bit of cash, many schools that offer similar programs and services can run as much as twice that for tuition. The school is happy to work with you to come to a financial arrangement that you can afford.
Veterans can pay for class with their GI Bill. You might also check out EQUIP, a federal low-income assistance program for bootcamp students.
Vanderbilt University Bootcamp Instructors
Our teachers have been heroes throughout our lives. A poor teacher can make any subject seem uninteresting and tedious, while a highly skilled instructor can elevate any topic and make it a fascinating experience. You’re going to spend plenty of time and money on your bootcamp, so you need to ensure that your instructors will prepare you properly for your new dream career.
The instructors at Vanderbilt coding bootcamp come from all walks of professional life and are ready to pass along their life experiences to their students. You’ll meet teachers who have worked in tiny startups and some who have had gigs with enterprise-level companies.
Tutors and teaching assistants will also be on hand, and you will have the chance to take extra classes to ensure you understand each subject well before moving on.
Vanderbilt University Coding Bootcamp Schedule
When you’re done with your reviews and research and are ready to pick a bootcamp that works for you, it’s time to start your entrance process. First, it is important to go online and review the Vanderbilt bootcamp coding dates. These dates will allow you to determine whether the enrollment period is open. If it is, proceed to apply for enrollment through their online portal.
If you are selected, you’ll have an interview with staff and faculty to make sure you’re ready to learn and serious about class. Then you get to select your schedule. You need to find a class schedule that still gives you enough time to sleep and work.
All of Vanderbilt’s online coding bootcamp courses are on part-time schedules to provide students with flexibility so that they can see to other personal obligations while learning. You’ll spend nine hours in class each week, and the course will conclude in 18 to 24 weeks. Online classes are held on evenings and weekends for added convenience. Online courses are self-paced and also take eighteen to twenty-four weeks to complete.
Vanderbilt University Bootcamp Curriculum
Vanderbilt University developed its tech bootcamps in conjunction with Trilogy Education Services. To find out more about Trilogy, take a listen to this episode of the Breaking into Startups podcast, in which Dan Somer, Trilogy’s founder and CEO, discusses his vision for the future of alternative education.
"Career Karma entered my life when I needed it most and quickly helped me match with a bootcamp. Two months after graduating, I found my dream job that aligned with my values and goals in life!"
Venus, Software Engineer at Rockbot
Finally, the digital marketing curriculum covers Google Ads, Google Analytics, content optimization, SEO, and other essential industry knowledge required to become a successful digital marketer.
Vanderbilt University Bootcamp Job Placement
Making it through bootcamp isn’t the end of your journey. If you want to call your time in the program a success, you need to graduate and find a coding job as well. That’s where some bootcamps step up and take things to the next level.
Many schools include career assistance along with their classroom training, and it can make a big difference when you’re job hunting. A supportive school can open doors for you and make your search for a new job much easier. Fortunately, Vanderbilt offers a range of career services to its students after they successfully complete a Vanderbilt coding bootcamp.
Vanderbilt University’s career services teams will inform students about high-impact career events and provide technical interview training, media profile support, and career coaching. They also conduct portfolio reviews to ensure each student has a strong collection of projects to present to potential employers.
Vanderbilt University Bootcamp Admissions Process
If you are interested in enrolling in a Vanderbilt coding bootcamp you must follow a series of steps to successfully enroll. Not every student will be accepted into the program. In fact, an admissions advisor reviews each applicant and determines whether or not they are the right fit for the program. Keep reading to learn more about the admission process.
- Choose Vanderbilt University Boot Camps. Vanderbilt University offers four types of coding bootcamps. Coding, digital marketing, cyber security, and data analytics. Each bootcamp provides interactive sessions, STEM skill development, and year-round online learning. The challenge is selecting a course that resonates with your interests.
- Enroll online. Once you have selected the right bootcamp it is time to enroll online. Vanderbilt University has an online application process. Students must fill out this application to begin the enrollment process.
- Partake in a phone interview. If your application makes it beyond the first round of screening, an admissions advisor will call you and conduct a phone interview. It is important to note that this is not a mock interview and should be taken seriously. Students who pass this interview will move on to the next enrollment requirement.
- Partake in a critical thinking assessment. After successfully passing a phone interview, students will be asked to complete a critical thinking assessment. This assessment is essential as it provides the school with an overview of the student’s critical thinking process and skills. These skills are essential for success within the bootcamp.
- Partake in a problem-solving assessment. After completing a critical thinking assessment, students must also complete a problem-solving assessment. The bootcamps are self-guided, so the university wants to make sure that the student is able to solve problems independently.
How to Prepare for Vanderbilt University Coding Bootcamp
Once you have passed the enrollment process, it is time to prepare for the bootcamp itself. It is important to familiarize yourself with in-demand technologies. Experience with tools is key because many of these bootcamps provide hands-on training using modern databases and software.
Additionally, it is beneficial to enroll in an introductory coding course. These introductory courses will provide students with the background knowledge they need to excel in a Vanderbilt coding bootcamp. It provides a solid foundation and basic principles that can be leveraged during online classes.
Vanderbilt University Bootcamp Payment Options
Paying for a Vanderbilt University online coding bootcamp is the next hurdle. Not everyone is economically stable and can afford to pay for an entire bootcamp upfront. Vanderbilt understands that there is a broad array of economic circumstances. As such they offer the following payment options for each of their bootcamps.
Those who are economically stable and have extra money to spare can choose to pay for the entire cost of the Vanderbilt coding bootcamp upfront. Upfront payments are collected online through the student’s profile. Students who prefer to use a check must first call and discuss this payment option with the admissions office before moving forward.
Interest Free Payments
Vanderbilt coding bootcamps offer an interest-free payment plan for their new students. This payment plan allows students to pay a deposit and then split the rest of the cost of the program into monthly payments. The larger the down payment, the smaller the monthly installments. This is great for those who live on a structured income.
At certain times throughout the year, Vanderbilt University coding bootcamps will open up an early registration window. Students who enroll in a bootcamp during this time will receive a discount on their total tuition.
Scholarships and Sponsorships
If you cannot afford interest-free payment plans or early registration prices, you may want to research private scholarship, grant, and sponsorship opportunities. Some companies in the tech scene will hire employees and sponsor their education. Other programs have scholarships for aspiring tech students looking to upskill or leave their current careers.
Is the Vanderbilt University Coding Bootcamp Worth It?
Yes, the Vanderbilt University coding bootcamp is worth it. Each bootcamp provides students with a full stack curriculum in the specific field they choose. The bootcamps are structured to provide comprehensive hands-on training, real skills, and career services so that students are successful before, during, and after their bootcamp program.
Coding skills are the key to good jobs with substantial pay, and a bootcamp can help you get those skills quickly. Our guide shows you what Vanderbilt has to offer and gives you the information you need to make an informed decision and start your new life today.
Vanderbilt Coding Bootcamp FAQ
Vanderbilt University offers four types of coding bootcamps. These Vanderbilt coding bootcamps include digital marketing, cyber security, data analytics, and coding. Each program is fine-tuned to provide prominent skills in each specific field. They are great for beginners or intermediate learners.
Will the Vanderbilt University coding boot camp get you a job?
A Vanderbilt University coding bootcamp can help you land your dream job. These bootcamps provide students with extensive knowledge in the field of their choosing. Through hands-on training, real-world examples, and online videos, the course teaches students the foundational skills they need to land an entry-level position in the tech field.
Can non-students attend the bootcamp?
Yes, Vanderbilt coding bootcamps are open to students all around the world. The courses are all taught through an online platform, which means students do not need to worry about traveling to campus, or living on campus to acquire the education of their dreams.
Do bootcamp students earn additional college credits for attending the course?
There are no college credits offered by the Vanderbilt coding bootcamp. However, graduates receive a certificate from the university. Although not the same as a degree, these certificates are still valued by employers and can tip the scales in your favor during the hiring process.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.