The future of work will be way more tech-driven, at least according to CompTIA’s IT Industry Outlook for 2022. To be precise, it predicts job opportunities in tech to grow double the national growth rate and salaries to amount to at least four times the national average.
The scale of the industry’s growth comes as no surprise. When the COVID-19 pandemic hit countries worldwide, tech was among the few sectors to withstand the crisis. It dominated how we communicated, how we worked, how we shopped, and how we coped with lockdowns and restrictions. And it continues to do so to this day.
Despite the positive job outlook in tech, there’s one challenge that plagues the industry: talent shortage. Even before the pandemic, hiring has been a problem in tech. Now, with the industry larger than ever, the lack of talent has only become worse.
For this reason, Boca Code stepped up to the task of training tech talent based on industry demand.
Dive in and see how this coding bootcamp does this.
Boca Code offers a host of job-focused programs to help you learn in-demand tech skills in as little as 10 weeks.Speak with an Admissions Advisor to learn more about Boca Code.
What Is Boca Code?
Boca Code is a coding school that focuses on training and injecting skilled tech talent into the global workforce. The school was initially born out of the need to fill the tech talent gap in Florida, something that Boca Code founder Todd Albert observed in the local job market.
“With my own software agency, local startups came to us in droves needing us to build their apps and websites. As we took on more jobs, it became increasingly difficult to find local talent. Most of the developers I hired came from coding bootcamps in Miami or New York. Finding and relocating talent to Palm Beach County was difficult and expensive,” said Todd.
81% of participants stated they felt more confident about their tech job prospects after attending a bootcamp. Get matched to a bootcamp today.
The average bootcamp grad spent less than six months in career transition, from starting a bootcamp to finding their first job.
“I began to dream of starting my own code school, to bring together my loves of teaching, technology, and entrepreneurship.”
In January of 2020, Boca Code opened its doors to aspiring tech professionals and has since offered a menu of programs that specialize in emerging tech fields.
An Overview of Boca Code Programs
Boca Code offers an immersive program in software engineering and four short courses in data analytics, UX design, game development, and advanced software.
Software Engineering Career Course
- Tuition: $14,500 (Full-Time); $16,000 (Part-Time, Online)
- Program length: 400 hrs/10 weeks (Full-Time); 500 hrs/25 weeks (Part-Time, Online)
Boca Code’s Software Engineering course is an immersive program that teaches programming fundamentals and full stack engineering. Industry experts guide learners as they work on real-world projects, which include building functional mobile and desktop applications, machine learning projects, and a capstone. Additionally, students get a MacBook Air M1 to improve their coding experience.
The program is available in two schedules or learning pace. You can either choose to commit to the Full-Time Software Engineering Career Course or spread the material and gain more flexibility in learning with the Part-Time Software Engineering Career Course.
- Tuition: $10,500 (Part-Time, Online)
- Program length: 200 hrs/16 weeks
With data becoming today’s “new oil” (aka the most valuable resource), learning data analytics can only boost your job prospects. Boca Code’s Data Analytics program provides extensive training in ensemble learning, deep learning, data cleaning, and other essential concepts of data science and machine learning. In this course, you will acquire data skills using standard tools like Python and take on a capstone project to apply what you’ve learned.
- Tuition: $2,700
- Program length: 40 hrs/3 weeks
In 2021, Statista recorded a 3.4 billion-strong community of online gamers, signaling just how big the gaming industry has grown. If you want to develop games that can be played by billions, learn game design and development from a seasoned game developer with over 30 years of industry experience.
Boca Code’s Game Development course covers the current trends in the fields: 2D and 3D game design, virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), and much more. Take the opportunity to understand what goes behind the scenes of game production as you learn how to create prototypes, incorporate interactive features, and customize other aspects of a game.
- Tuition: $6,500 (Part-Time, In-Person)
- Program length: 150 hrs/8 weeks
- Tuition: $10,500 (Part-Time, Hybrid)
- Program length: 200 hrs/16 weeks
As more companies transition to the digital market, having a strong online brand has never been more vital. Key to achieving this are the UX designers or professionals who ensure that a user’s interaction with a product online stays positive from end to end.
Boca Code’s UX Design program helps you “think like a designer” and equips you with the skills needed to create interactive designs and improve user experience. You will hone design thinking, usability testing, and UC writing skills, among others.
Four Reasons to Learn In-Demand Tech Skills at Boca Code
Learning tech skills with Boca Code is a continuous process that helps you achieve your professional goals. Here are four top reasons to learn tech skills with Boca Code.
- Industry-led curriculum. Build relevant skills via a curriculum that is updated in line with industry changes and trends.
- Benefit from expert instruction. Each member of Boca Code’s instructional staff has at least five years of industry experience, ensuring that students learn from experts with practical knowledge.
- Practical and realistic training. At Boca Code, students learn “by doing” as they take on coding challenges, in-class exercises, and development projects for local businesses. These exercises are designed to fortify the skills you just acquired.
- Be part of a supportive professional network. Get lifetime access to career support and link up with like-minded peers while establishing industry connections.
Boca Code Tuition Payment and Financing Options
Boca Code provides flexible tuition payment plans for students’ financial convenience. Here are the available tuition plans.
- Upfront payment. Pay the full tuition up front and get a discount available in some courses/programs.
- Loans. Benefit from 24 months interest-free loans or 60 months loans with interest for only the first six months through Climb Credit.
- Deferred Payment. Spread payments over several years and even defer them for about three months after graduation. This plan is available via Meritize.
- Income Share Agreement. Pay a deposit of $500 and begin tuition payment when you get a job. Payment stops if there’s job loss. This plan is available via Mia Share.
- In-House Financing. Boca Code offers in-house financing for all its programs. Students pay no interest for career courses and short courses in six months and three months, respectively.
- Tuition Reimbursement. Eligible students may qualify for tuition reimbursement. About 45 percent of Boca Code graduates receive tuition reimbursement as employee benefits. Furthermore, the school could send sponsorship packages to your employers when applicable, which adds up to the value of a Boca Coda experience.
Boca Code Scholarships
Boca Code strives to make its programs accessible to everyone with the help of its scholarship programs.
- Her Future Re/imagined. This scholarship is open to women and emanates from Boca Code’s partnership with women artists to produce NFTs.
- Diversity in Tech. The diversity in Tech scholarship focuses on students from underrepresented communities in South Florida. It covers $2,600 per person and is available to about 18 learners per cohort.
- Engineer the Change. TechStrong, a community partner of Boca Code, offers a $10,000 scholarship to one student in a cohort. Note that this is the only available scholarship students can apply for at the time of writing.
Reimagine Your Career with Boca Code
Boca Code is keen on developing tech talents into skilled IT professionals that deliver impressive results for businesses in South Florida and beyond. Speak with an Admissions Advisor to learn more about Boca Code.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.