Cloud computing has changed the way businesses operate in recent years. By shifting to the cloud, companies gain access to services like storage, computing power, and databases without owning or maintaining physical data infrastructures. Cloud services are also viewed as a cost-effective solution that can help organizations streamline their workflow.
Some companies are already seeing positive results. In a Business Insider article, companies like American Airlines and Capital One shared how the move to cloud services has allowed them to improve user experience and increase security while keeping the costs low.
The interest in cloud services continues to grow across industries due to its “resiliency, scalability, flexibility, and speed”, according to Gartner. The research firm also forecasts that more than 85 percent of organizations will make cloud strategy a top priority by 2025.
To help more people gain the skills necessary to break into this thriving field, training providers like Clarusway are offering accelerated programs that teach essential cloud computing skills in just months. Before we move on to Clarusway’s cloud computing offerings, let’s get acquainted with the star of the program—Amazon Web Services.
Clarusway’s AWS Solutions Architect & DevOps program delivers real-world skills through 41 project plans and tools and six projects in nine months or less.Apply to Clarusway today.
What Is Amazon Web Services (AWS)?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a growing and widely adopted cloud platform that offers more than 200 fully-featured services from data centers worldwide. Examples of its practical application can be seen across industries including machine learning, analytics, the internet of things (IoT), and artificial intelligence.
Among top AWS users are government agencies, fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and millions of others that intend to cut costs, become more agile, and innovate faster.
Here are some other reasons why AWS is preferred across industries:
- High data security. AWS was designed to be flexible and secure, allowing data stored on its platform to be encrypted. It’s trusted by organizations dealing with sensitive data like global banks, the military, and other top businesses.
- The bedrock of innovation. Time and time again AWS has proved that businesses stand to gain additional benefits from its own advancements. In 2014, for example, the AWS Lambda allowed developers to run their code without having to set up or maintain their own servers.
- Tested and trusted. AWS is one of the top three cloud service providers in 2021, a Canalys report revealed. In Q2 alone, it accounts for a 31 percent market share. This illustrates the trust that global organizations put in this platform.
What Is Clarusway?
Clarusway is a tech bootcamp that provides students from diverse backgrounds the opportunity to upskill and land a job in tech. It offers courses in AWS/DevOps, data science, full stack development, and cyber security. It also provides prospective students with a series of free courses through its Clarusway air initiative.
Why Clarusway Prefers AWS
Being the most widely used cloud service provider, AWS presents more opportunities in the cloud computing space than any other provider. As technology evolves and more people are connected to the internet, data security becomes a number one priority. Therefore, AWS’s reputation for security, reliability, and performance made it a preferred choice.
As highlighted above, there is a growing demand for cloud services from businesses of any size. As more people have access to the internet and as more businesses transition into the digital space, the need to store data securely will drive the demand for cloud services.
Recognizing the trends and career outlook, Clarusway’s AWS program aims to provide its students “specific skills to secure a job in this field”.
What Can You Expect from Clarusway’s AWS Solutions Architect Course?
Clarusway is known for its mission to help modern learners acquire job-focused skills. One of its top-performing programs is the AWS Solutions Architect & DevOps Course which combines essential AWS services and DevOps methodology. Graduates of this course have gone on to find success, with 94 percent of them landing a job within 90 days of graduation, according to the bootcamp.
Students begin with Information Technologies Fundamentals (ITF) which introduces them to the basics of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Computational Thinking, Agile, Jira, Linux, HTML, CSS, Git, Python, and more.
Next, they learn some of the most common AWS tools and services such as AWS Identity & Access Management (IAM), Amazon EC2 & Elastic Block Store, Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Databases & AWS, SQS & SNS & ECS & ECR & EKS, and more.
The final module exposes them to DevOps methodology, which is the delivery of applications and services using tools, cultural philosophies, and practices within an organization. It is mainly used to shorten an SDLC and expedite the processes.
Since it is the priority of every business to maximize profit and reduce cost, the demand for DevOps engineers is likely to increase as technology evolves. One of the ways to ascertain the demand is by looking at the number of job postings available. At the time of writing, for example, there are over 120,000 open DevOps roles on LinkedIn.
Clarusway’s DevOps module walks students through crucial topics like docker for containerization used in microservices, container orchestration tools Kubernetes and Docker Swarm, and more.
There are about 41 project plans and tools and six projects that prepare students for applying their skills in a real-world scenario. These projects are designed in such a way that it provides students with the essential skills to tackle complex problems. By the time they graduate, they are ready to explore the job market with so much confidence.
Following the completion of the theoretical training, a three-week course for certification exams is given. Through this course, students can obtain AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner and AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certificates.
Why Should You Study AWS at Clarusway?
Apart from the practical knowledge students acquire during their studentship, there is also a sense of community among students and staff. Students are given the necessary mentorship and training to excel in the job market through Clarusway Career Management Service (CMS).
Clarusway CMS prepares you to build your brand and market yourself in a way that creates conviction for your potential employer. After building your portfolio, applying for a job to begin your career in AWS could go a lot smoother. The CMS training includes:
- Resume building. Students are provided the assistance to polish their resumes to look attractive to potential employers.
- Life Coaching. Professional life coaches guide students through their upskilling journey. They provide both academic and practical advice to students.
- LinkedIn. Students are given the guidance to build and optimize their LinkedIn profiles, understand the concept of self-marketing, and stay updated on job market trends.
- Interviews prep. Students learn how to prepare for job interviews, answer interview questions, and understand body language through a series of mock interviews.
What Does a Career in AWS Look Like?
AWS was founded on innovation and a goal to “disrupt the status quo”. AWS professionals pride themselves on pursuing unexpected paths and seeing things from different perspectives. As a cloud engineer, you can create something you’re proud of—a job that will change not only your resume but also change the world. Let’s hear a unique story from Isabel, one of Clarusway’s alumni.
“I am a single mum who wanted to start a career in tech. I didn’t have an IT or engineering background. I studied social studies. Due to my passion for tech, I looked for IT training centers to enroll in when I came across Clarusway. After going through their study program options, I decided to enroll in the AWS/DevOps program,” she said.
“This was before the pandemic started. It was tough in the beginning since I was combining childcare with studies, especially when the pandemic started and I had to learn remotely with the kids at home. At some point, I contemplated quitting because it was too much for me to handle.”
“However, the school has a robust support system which really helped me in my learning journey. Even when summer school was canceled and my kid who just started pre-K had to stay with me, the school support system pulled me through,” she said.
“We were given mock interviews and resume-building training to prepare us for the job market. I am very grateful because I got a job a couple of months after graduation. I live in New Jersey, but I am working for a company in Utah. This program changed my life. I will encourage those who want to pursue a career in tech but have no IT background to summon the courage and try it out. It will be challenging, but it will be worth it in the end.”
A career in AWS is a career with countless future opportunities. As demand for cloud-based services increases, consequently, the need for cloud professionals will increase as well. There are various opportunities currently available in the market for cloud engineers according to Indeed.
Let’s take a look at other AWS-related positions and their professional responsibilities:
AWS Common Job Titles
- Operational support engineers mainly tackle operational issues—any issue that could make the business less profitable and help with environment upgrades.
- Cloud software engineers write computer programs, design and implement new software services and systems, and explain complex processes.
- System integrators work together with other teams to support complex problems and troubleshoot efforts.
- Cloud developers mainly develop software services and enterprise-level applications for business growth.
- AWS solutions architects spend their time designing, building, and maintaining highly valuable, cost-efficient, and scalable AWS cloud environments.
- AWS SysOps administrators provide effective installations, configurations, operations, and maintenance of virtual systems, software, and related infrastructures.
- Senior AWS cloud architects work directly with customers and engineers, providing technical leadership and acting as an interface for stakeholders.
Are AWS Skills Worth Learning?
There is a growing demand for cloud-based services, and as a result, the need for cloud engineers is expected to grow proportionally to meet these demands. Pursuing a career in AWS is a decision that can benefit you in the short term and the long term.
If you’re looking for an AWS program with an excellent track record, Clarusway may just be the way to go. At the same time, you’d be picking up valuable DevOps skills and receiving comprehensive support from the dedicated CMS team at Clarusway.
The school also offers four financing options that can help you cover the cost of your training as you embark on a career change journey. Visit the school’s website for more information or start your application at Clarusway today.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.