Are you passionate about nursing or looking to begin a healthcare-related career? Are you looking for a college in California that offers training, clinical facilities, and hands-on experience? If so, then CNI College might be the place for you. Our CNI College review details every aspect of life at this school, from the admissions process to academics.
CNI College’s accreditation is from reputable accrediting bodies, which guarantees a quality specialized education. To help you with CNI College costs, there are plenty of scholarship and financial aid opportunities available to the CNI student population. Read on to learn more about what makes CNI a unique and worthwhile school.
All About CNI College
CNI College, also called Career Networks Institute, is a private, for-profit college founded in 1994 as a post-high school vocational education center in Santa Ana, California specializing in applied health education. Due to a need for larger accommodations and a more conducive environment, the college was relocated to Orange County, but it moved back to Santa Ana in 2019.
CNI College’s student population is 699, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 30 to one. It has an online library database that is accessible to all CNI students. CNI College also offers many resources for career and professional development.
Where Is CNI College Located?
CNI College is located at 1610 E St Andrew Pl, Santa Ana, California, United States. The college is located close to the Costa Mesa Freeway.
Is CNI College Accredited?
Yes, CNI College is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools. In addition to its institutional accreditation, the college also has accreditation for specific programs. These programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, which is meant for baccalaureate degrees in nursing.
Is CNI College Legit?
Yes, CNI College is legit. It is a recognized and fully accredited institution. CNI College has provided students with quality education for almost three decades. Also, the college has membership with renowned organizations such as the California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) and the Association of Surgical Technologists (AST).
CNI College Student Reviews
CNI College has many positive student reviews on websites like RateMyProfessor, Glassdoor, and US News & World Report. CNI has an average professor rating of 5.0 on RateMyProfessor and a 4.0 overall quality rating.
On RateMyProfessor, many students note how approachable and skilled their professors are and how their professors helped them understand some seemingly difficult aspects of clinical practice in their courses. This shows that students who study at CNI are prepared to perform well during nursing licensure examinations and in the delivery of nursing care.
CNI College Better Business Bureau Reviews and Complaints
CNI college has two complaints and two customer reviews on their Better Business Bureau site. The BBB review has student comments about some inactions of the school in catering to students’ needs. Nevertheless, some positive aspects of the school are also mentioned, including its good academic resources and helpful teachers.
CNI College Rankings
At the time of this article, CNI has not been ranked by any reputable ranking body, including US News & World Report and Times Higher Education.
CNI College Graduation Rate
According to the National Center for Education Statistics, CNI College has an overall graduation rate of 74 percent. This is impressively high compared to other colleges in California. This shows that your chances of graduating after completing your program at CNI College are good.
CNI College Admissions
CNI College requires all prospective students to fill out and submit their online application form before the application deadline. They must send in their high school diploma, General Educational Development Test scores (GED), or equivalent.
CNI College Acceptance Rate
CNI College has an open admission policy, which means that the college’s acceptance rate for students is 100 percent. This is the highest acceptance rate any school can offer. It is not selective or competitive, all you need to do to get in is fulfill their admission requirements by completing an application form and sending in your high school diploma.
Will You Get Into CNI College?
Yes, you will get into CNI College. This is due to the fact that the college has an open admission rate. Students who submit an application automatically get admitted without any selective process.
How to Apply to CNI College
- Go to the school’s official website. The first step to apply to CNI College is to access the college’s website, where you will get accurate information on the admission processes and requirements.
- Fill in and submit the online application form. Answer the questions provided on the online application form correctly, and after double-checking everything, click on the submit button.
- Submit your official high school transcript and other documents. After submitting the application form, the next step is to submit your official high school transcript. Other documents like your GED score can also be submitted in place of your high school transcript.
- Contact the college’s admission advisor. The school provides some academic advising for prospective students who are aiming to gain admission into the college. Contacting the school’s academic advisors will make your admission process easier.
- Keep checking your mail for admission notifications. Once you fulfill the college’s admission requirements, a notification will be sent to your mail to inform you of your admission success. Keep checking your mail to quickly get the notification and proceed with your course registration.
CNI College Cost
|Expense||CNI College Cost|
|CNI College Undergraduate In-State Tuition and Fees||$75,454|
|CNI College Undergraduate Out-of-State Tuition and Fees||$75,454|
|CNI College Graduate In-State Tuition and Fees||N/A|
|CNI College Graduate Out-of-State Tuition and Fees||N/A|
|CNI College Books and Supplies||$4,520|
|CNI College On-Campus Room and Board||N/A|
|CNI College Off-Campus Room and Board||$24,800|
The Career Networks Institute has a relatively low cost of living and educational expenses. According to NCES, CNI College’s off-campus room and boarding costs about $24,800. For those living off-campus without their family, the cost is $10,300, while those living off-campus and with their family spend $9,240 on other expenses.
Cost of Living in Santa Ana, California
According to LivingCost.org, Santa Ana California ranks in the top 3 percent in the world for cost of living, meaning it’s an expensive place to live. In the US, it ranks 152nd out of 2,202 cities and ranks 70th out of 319 cities in California. The cost of living in Santa Ana is $2,343 on average.
Santa Ana is known as the financial and governmental center of Orange County due to some big industries thriving there. Industries like agriculture, rubber, healthcare, and technology are growing fast in Santa Ana. If you’re looking to work while you study or make a quick transition post-graduation, CNI’s proximity to Santa Ana might be a good thing for you.
CNI College Financial Aid
Like most universities and colleges, CNI College offers students financial aid. For example, CNI students can collect federal financial aid if they are citizens of the United States and maintain a certain GPA.
There are also other resources for financial aid at CNI College like Pell Grants (FPELL) and Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants (FSEOG). It should be noted that financial aid from CNI college is awarded on an academic year basis.
CNI College Scholarships
- The American Society of Radiologic Technologist (ASRT) Foundations Scholarships. This scholarship is open to members of ASRT who have completed a minimum of one term of radiologic courses and passed with a 3.9 GPA and above. The amount awarded is between $250 to $5,000.
- Allied Health Scholarship Program. This scholarship is worth up to $8,000, and is awarded to students who are presently enrolled in one of their eligible programs, have a minimum GPA of 2.0, and are eligible to practice in California.
- Education Matters Scholarship by Unigo. This scholarship is worth $5,000. Eligible students are those who are currently enrolled in or have a pending enrollment in a post-secondary school of higher education that is fully accredited by a reputable accrediting body.
- Health Occupations Students of America(HOSA) Scholarships. This scholarship is worth $1,000 to $7,000 and is available for HOSA-member students who are pursuing a career in healthcare.
- National Merit Scholarships. This scholarship is worth $2,500 and it is available to many students who qualify. Those eligible for the National Merit Scholarship are US citizens who are college-bound secondary school students. Lawful permanent residents of the US who intend to become full US citizens can also apply.
CNI College Graduate Salaries and Outcomes
The median salary for a clinical nursing graduate from CNI College is $68,641, according to College Scorecard. For vocational nursing graduates, the median salary is $38,650, per the same source. The above earnings show that Career Networks Institute graduate salaries and outcomes are quite high and that CNI graduates will have more to gain in the job market.
CNI College Campus Life
Students at Career Networks Institute have access to study resources, libraries, personal training laboratories, and pharmaceutical laboratories. There is also a career services department on campus that helps students sharpen their interviewing skills and find employment after graduation.
CNI College Academics
All CNI students can access the Library Information Resources Network (LIRN) database. LIRN is a virtual library collection that holds academic materials in areas like arts, humanities, social science, and medicine.
CNI College’s nursing school provides excellent educational opportunities in health-related disciplines for the development of the intellectual, professional, and social character of students of various demographics. CNI offers both a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) and a completion program in nursing. Along with the BSN program, it offers programs in other aspects of the healthcare field.
CNI College Colleges and Departments
|School or Department Name||Available Program Examples|
|CNI College of Nursing||Bachelor of Science in Nursing|
|CNI College||Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Technology, Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Surgical Technology, Vocational Nursing Diploma|
CNI College Faculty
The faculty at the Career Networks Institute is made up of a number of qualified and properly skilled professors who excel at imparting technical and professional skills to students through active participation and teaching of foundational nursing concepts and evidence-based practice.
"Career Karma entered my life when I needed it most and quickly helped me match with a bootcamp. Two months after graduating, I found my dream job that aligned with my values and goals in life!"
Venus, Software Engineer at Rockbot
Some notable faculty include Professor Mia Anderson of the Department of Nursing, Professor Suleiman Khalid of the Department of Biology, and Professor Christopher Ortiz of the Department of Information Science. All these instructors have positive five-point student reviews on RateMyProfessor.
Popular CNI College Majors
The College of Nursing at CNI offers various healthcare disciplines. The College of Nursing programs include a Bachelor of Science in Nursing as well as a completion program in the same field. It also offers associate degree programs in other allied health disciplines like surgical and MRI technology.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
This nursing program’s curriculum covers a wide range of medical and general education topics, from basic nursing concepts to written and oral communication to human anatomy, in order to produce well-rounded nursing graduates. Its courses are designed to prepare students for the nursing licensure examination that qualifies them as entry-level professional nurses.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing Jobs
- Registered Nurse. Registered nurses are charged with the overall wellness of clients, and they provide direct client care and ensure client safety. There are many pathways to becoming a registered nurse. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median earnings of a registered nurse is $77,600 per year.
- Nurse Practitioner. Nurse practitioners are in charge of coordinating patient care. A nurse practitioner must have a master’s degree, according to BLS, so students will need to advance in the field of nursing either academically or through work experience to qualify for this role.
- Paramedics. Paramedics are trained to handle medical emergencies. They work in ambulances and in the emergency wing of hospitals. They provide acute care and are trained to maintain professional behavior in ambulatory care settings. A degree in nursing and training can qualify you for this position.
Associate of Occupational Science in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Technology
CNI’s AOS in MRI program gives students the skills they need to carry out safe administration of medical care using MRI technology. Through courses on theoretical approaches, human physiology and anatomy, and technology, students learn skills that will make them assets in the medical field.
AOS in Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technology Jobs
- MRI Technologist. MRI technologists help evaluate patients’ physical health with the help of medical technological equipment. MRI technologists are not involved in the laboratory component of patient diagnostics.
- Radiation Therapist. Radiation therapists are in charge of the assessment of clients and the administration of radiation used in the treatment of cancer and other diseases.
Associate of Occupational Science in Surgical Technology
This program combines theoretical and clinical practices to prepare students for entry-level positions in healthcare. Courses in this program cover a wide range of medical topics, from the foundations of physiology and anatomy to applications of microbiology.
AOS in Surgical Technology Jobs
- Surgeon. You need a higher qualification to qualify as a surgeon but surgical technology can be a stepping stone to achieving the status of a surgeon. It usually takes a long time to become a surgeon. Surgeons treat injuries through medical operations. They are well paid and play an indispensable role in the healthcare field.
- Surgical Technologist. Surgical technologists assist surgeons or other medical practitioners. You can become a surgical technologist in several ways, one of which is by completing the surgical technology program at CNI College. According to BLS, surgical technologists earn $48,530 per year.
Vocational Nursing Diploma Program
The vocational nursing diploma program teaches students how to provide primary care, ensure positive health development, and provide safe holistic nursing care for patients of all ages. It features courses in client-centered care, respiratory and reproductive health, leadership, and healthcare in community-based settings.
Vocational Nursing Program Jobs
- Vocational Nurse. Vocational nurses handle the primary care of patients in community-based settings. They provide mental health care and care for the geriatric population who have age-related health concerns.
Is CNI College Worth It?
Yes, CNI College is worth it. Its faculty is focused on training students for their future careers in the medical field and giving them an adaptable set of career skills. The college makes use of electronic learning resources that contribute to the efficiency of learning and academic success. Students looking for an online degree also benefit strongly from studying at CNI College.
CNI College Review FAQ
CNI College is not ranked among the top nursing schools in the United States based on the rankings by US News & World Report. However, it is an accredited institution, which speaks to the quality of education that CNI College offers.
Reviews of CNI College range from positive to negative. It has an overall quality rating of 4.0 on RateMyProfessor, and it has a few complaints as well as positive customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau website.
CNI’s nursing students learn a variety of applicable skills in medicine and technology. Courses at CNI prepare students to handle simple-to-complex medical problems and perform emergency medical procedures.
Yes, CNI College teaches important soft skills. Virtually all the programs offered at Career Network Institute are packed with important soft skills which are required for practitioners in the medical field, including skills in oral communication, giving presentations, interprofessional collaboration, writing, and computer operation.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.