BitLife is a popular life simulator game where gamers create characters and live out a digital life. Characters get jobs in the BitLife game, but there are also BitLife jobs available in the real world. If you are interested in a future career in developing online games, then you should learn how to get a job at BitLife.
To get a job at BitLife, you’ll need to understand more about the company, the BitLife application process, and what working at BitLife is like. There are several BitLife jobs to choose from for game developers to customer support specialists. This detailed guide will explain how to apply at BitLife and list some potential BitLife jobs.
BitLife: Company Background
BitLife was developed in 2018 by CandyWriter, LLC, a mobile games development company in Miami, Florida. CandyWriter also produced What’s The Pic, Letter Soup, and Adult Coloring Book. In 2020, SkillFront Group acquired CandyWriter, LLC for 74.4 million dollars.
BitLife is a text-based life simulator game rated M for mature audiences and was first available in the Apple Store. It gained popularity quickly, and the Android version was released on Google Play Store in 2019. The game has been downloaded from the Google Play Store over 10,000,000 times and is in the top five ranked life simulator games in the Apple Store.
How Hard Is It to Land a Job at BitLife?
Landing a job at BitLife is challenging because it is produced by a relatively small software company that doesn’t post many job openings. The most common jobs posted are developer positions. You’ll need to search job openings frequently so you can apply quickly when a job opening is posted.
One of the most important things to do when applying for a job at BitLife is to read the job listing carefully. Make sure you meet the experience and education requirements before applying. If you need to update your resume, consider enrolling in a game design bootcamp to add more education and experience to your profile.
How to Apply for A Job at BitLife?
- Search for a job that fits into your career path. Look at the available job posting that makes sense in your career progression. If you are a junior software developer without much experience, a senior software developer position probably isn’t the right fit for you.
- Check the job requirements. The job requirements are different for every posting. While some jobs may accept a high school diploma or GED, other openings may require a college degree and years of experience.
- Update your resume. Make sure all your education and experience information is up-to-date. Don’t forget to include information about the job you have at your current company.
- Apply to work at BitLife. Follow the application steps in the job description, and apply as soon as you have time. Don’t wait until the application deadline.
- Apply again if you don’t get a job the first time. There are more qualified applicants who want to work at BitLife than there are available jobs. Even if you are a good fit for the position, you might not get it. Ask for feedback from the hiring manager and apply again the next time you see an open position.
BitLife Application Process
Before you apply for BitLife jobs, you must make sure that you meet the requirements listed in the job description. Most jobs require a combination of work experience and education. You might have the opportunity to include a portfolio or personal website to show off your past work. Before you start your application, you should play the game at least once from birth to death, so you understand the product.
BitLife Interview Questions
- What past work experiences have prepared you for this job? Answer this question with examples from your work history that are relevant to the job you are applying for.
- Have you worked on any game development projects in the past? Tell your interviewer about any experience you have with developing or launching an app. If you have a portfolio, this is a great time to show off your past work.
- What do you know about our company and target audience? To prepare your answer for this question, research the company and read some reviews to understand public opinion on the game before your interview.
- How do you think you can improve BitLife? Show that you have played BitLife before, and offer some suggestions for how to improve the game. Don’t suggest large structural changes, aim for simple improvements.
- What is the difference between a mobile app design and a responsive web design? Use this opportunity to show off your technical knowledge. Make sure you understand these terms well and can explain them before the interview.
What Is It Like to Work at BitLife?
Working at BitLife comes with many benefits. This small company has a flexible work environment and requires excellent communication to keep the team working well together. Here are a few things that you can expect when working at BitLife.
81% of participants stated they felt more confident about their tech job prospects after attending a bootcamp. Get matched to a bootcamp today.
The average bootcamp grad spent less than six months in career transition, from starting a bootcamp to finding their first job.
Flexible Work Environment
BitLife offers employees a flexible and inclusive working environment. Its time off policy allows you to maintain a work-life balance, and in many of the positions, you can work remotely. That said, game development is a fast-paced industry where you have to maintain quality work and meet deadlines.
At BitLife, communication and other interpersonal skills are key. Each BitLife employee works hand-in-hand with other members of the team to develop projects. You must be able to express your ideas effectively. At each stage of a project, you will have to provide reports and feedback to the team and your supervisors.
Work With Other Top Class Professionals
The employees at BitLife are experts in their career paths. Working here requires that you have excellent knowledge of your craft and pay attention to detail. You should be ready to ask for help when you encounter challenges and use it as an opportunity to develop your skills.
- Competitive salary. BitLife offers competitive salaries with additional benefits. There are opportunities for pay raises and promotions.
- Flexible time off policy. BitLife gives employees paid time off that they can use when they need it.
- Remote work. Some jobs at BitLife allow employees to work from any location including home, office, or traveling. The amount of remote work depends on each job contract.
- Health insurance. BitLife offers health insurance to its employees.
- Professional development opportunities. BitLife’s parent company, SkillFund, provides career development opportunities to its employees. Employees can also pursue graduate school or other certifications while working at the company.
BitLife Career Opportunities: Job Titles and Descriptions
There are different career options available at BitLife. The company needs software engineers to develop and update the life simulator game, and they also need marketing and customer service specialists to share the game with gamers.
- Salary: $86,399
- Benefits: Health insurance, competitive salary, flexible time-off policy, career growth programs
- Required Experience: Minimum of five years experience as a Unity or Unity3D developer
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Game Development, or other related fields
This job involves brainstorming new game ideas, deciding on functionalities, and developing functional games with the end-user in mind. Job responsibilities include identifying and fixing bugs and designing upgrades.
- Salary: $66,844
- Benefits: Health Insurance, flexible time-off policy, career growth programs
- Required Experience: Proficient in social media platforms and Microsoft Office, previous writing experience
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, or other related fields
As a creative writer, you will write new long and short-form copy for CandyWriter games, including BitLife, and update existing content. You will also work with the marketing team on advertising campaigns.
What Does It Take To Get A Job at BitLife?
To get a job at BitLife you have to have the right qualifications for the position you are trying to get, including experience handling real-life projects. You will need to write an effective resume and develop an attractive portfolio to get a job at BitLife. Having excellent soft skills and practicing for interviews will also give you an edge.
- Career Karma matches you with top tech bootcamps
- Get exclusive scholarships and prep courses
How to Get a Job at BitLife FAQ
The hiring process at BitLife and CandyWriter LLC can take anywhere from two to four weeks. The first step is to submit your resume and cover letter through the online portal. A team will review your information and contact you to set up an interview if you are a good candidate for the position.
The interview process will include a conversation with the hiring team where they access your skills. Depending on the role, you might be asked to return for a second interview. If you are successful in the interview process, BitLife will offer you a job and send you an offer letter.
To find out when CandyWriter is hiring, you should set up a job alert notification on one or more online job boards. CandyWriter LLC also shares job opening updates on its social media channels.
Most positions require an undergraduate degree or a graduate school degree in computer science or a similar field. You can also take online courses in mobile app development to add additional qualifications. You’ll also need some experience in the video game industry with skills in programming, game design, marketing, or customer service.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.