In the past two years, the COVID-19 pandemic drastically changed hiring demands, driving many to learn essential skills to future-proof their careers. One of the popular choices for career switchers is learning to code.
Indeed, learning how to code has become a crucial skill as we embrace a digital world. In fact, 58 percent of US students aged 16 to 23 believe that coding skills can enhance their future career prospects. There’s just one problem: over half of them don’t have access to coding education.
This challenge isn’t limited to students and those who recently entered the workforce. According to Monster Intelligence, 46 percent of workers believe they need to improve their tech skills.
To meet the demand for programming skills and to overcome the financial barriers to tech education, online bootcamp BloomTech is offering two affordable alternatives to aspiring coders:
- a Risk-Free Trial that allows you to test drive BloomTech’s paid courses for three weeks without having to pay a dime and
- a free coding course in HTML and CSS
Read on to learn more about how to learn to code for free.
BloomTech addresses financial barriers to tech education by offering a three-week Risk-Free Trial for its courses. It also has a free coding course in HTML and CSS, helping absolute beginners make a soft start in their coding journey at no cost.Start your coding journey here.
3 Weeks of BloomTech Courses, Risk-Free
The best way to decide if a course is a good fit is to try it out. You certainly wouldn’t buy a new car without test driving it. You may not even want to buy a specific flavor of ice cream before getting a sample. With BloomTech’s Risk-Free Trial, you can test its Full Stack Web Development, Data Science, and Backend Development courses for three weeks, risk-free. (Note that BloomTech’s Web3 Development course is not eligible for the Risk-Free Trial.)
What does BloomTech mean by “risk-free”? Unlike some other coding bootcamps, you don’t have to submit your credit card information that will automatically charge you if you forget to cancel your subscription. On the contrary, you don’t have to submit any financial information to unlock the trial.
To get access to the Risk-Free Trial, you must complete these three simple steps:
- Submit an application. The application covers information like your name and email, which should take you less than five minutes to complete.
- Pass the CCAT. This assessment doesn’t test your coding knowledge. Instead, it assesses your aptitude for logical thinking and basic math and verbal skills. It only takes 15 minutes to do this assessment.
- Opt in. At this point, you’ll get an email. If you’ve been admitted, you can just click to opt into the Risk-Free Trial.
While BloomTech web development, backend development, and data science courses cost $21,950, the Risk-Free Trial allows you to test drive these programs for three weeks without the financial commitment, enjoying all of the benefits of a BloomTech education.
If you like what you see during the Risk-Free Trial, you must then take the following steps to become an official student:
- Sign an Enrollment Agreement.
- Choose how you’ll pay tuition moving forward.
- Make any necessary payments (unless you choose a no-upfront tuition option) by the end of the trial.
BloomTech recommends taking these steps during the trial. That will ensure your paperwork and payments are processed by the end of the three risk-free weeks—so you can continue your tech education uninterrupted.
Benefits of BloomTech’s Risk-Free Trial
Below we list the features and benefits you’ll have access to once you secure a spot in BloomTech’s Risk-Free Trial experience:
- BloomTech’s online learning platform and tools. During the Risk-Free Trial, you can access up to the first two sprints of your course (after signing an Enrollment Agreement). Courses are flexible so you can learn part-time or full-time. The school’s online learning portal shows your progress, so you always know what to work on next. It also displays upcoming live sessions and on-demand video tutorials that teach you the must-know skills for jobs like data scientist and software developer.
- Live and on-demand sessions. BloomTech’s flexible courses offer multiple live sessions on weekdays and weekends to fit everyone’s schedule and learning style. Moreover, you can watch in-depth, recorded sessions on the topics you need to learn in each sprint. Both types of classes are led by tech experts.
- 1:1 coaching. BloomTech coaches offer comprehensive assistance—from answering questions about the course, helping you set career goals, and prepping you for your future job hunt. Think of them as your compass, helping you stay on track with the program and your career goals.
- BloomTech’s community. Get to know BloomTech’s community of learners and graduates who share your enthusiasm for a tech career. The school makes networking simple by establishing connections with tech professionals during informal gatherings.
Not ready to commit to a program yet? No need to worry, as BloomTech also offers a free coding course that allows you to build your coding foundations at your pace.
Reviewing BloomTech’s Free Coding Course
As the name suggests, BloomTech’s Intro to HTML and CSS course teaches you how to code in HTML and CSS, both of which are fundamental in web development. The course splits into 14 modules, with half of them exploring the fundamental theories of HTML and the other half focusing on CSS.
Though it sounds like a lot, these core concepts are broken down into bite-sized, guided video tutorials for easier comprehension, even for a beginner. In fact, going through an entire module will only take you less than 15 minutes, although you’re free to review the reference material as needed.
While this is a free coding course, it’s still a good training course designed by two veteran developers:
- Josh Knell, Director of Instructional Design at BloomTech, has over a decade of combined experience in web development and teaching.
- Nick Basile, a Product Designer at BloomTech, has over eight years of hands-on experience in software engineering and product design.
BloomTech’s free Intro to HTML and CSS course is a great way to refresh your memory on rusty technical skills or try coding for the first time. Since the class comes with a $0 price tag, you have nothing to lose but a few minutes of your time. By the end of the course, you’ll get the chance to put your newly acquired coding skills to the test as you work on building a personal website using HTML and CSS.
Take a Soft Start to Coding at BloomTech
Learning to code in popular programming languages is a crucial opportunity to upgrade your skill level regardless of your career stage. BloomTech addresses the demand for programming skills, providing affordable alternatives to start coding for free.
The BloomTech coding course, Intro to HTML and CSS, gives you a better grasp of fundamental concepts in coding for free. In addition, the online tech school’s Risk-Free Trial lets you try out a BloomTech course for three weeks, without deposits or payments. With no financial obligations, what do you have to lose?
Start learning to code for free with BloomTech.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.