The future of work is signaling changes to workplace structures, job titles, and industry demands. And as we embrace a digital-first era, coding skills have become one of the most sought-after skills among working professionals. Interestingly, the value of coding skills goes beyond the tech industry and crosses onto other fields as well.
Being proficient in coding can be beneficial not only to build software but also in other areas. For example, if you are in growth marketing, knowing how to code can help you gather and process data in better ways.
Or in popular data management programs like Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets, where knowing how to code can help you automate repetitive tasks. Coding skills can also be beneficial in industrial automation, such as when working with industrial robots. Lastly, learning to code can considerably improve your problem-solving abilities.
The good news: you can learn how to code and gain these benefits when you enroll at coding bootcamp 4Geeks Academy.
Whether you want to break into tech or just want to stay competitive in your current job, this article aims to inform you about the best ways to acquire the coding skills you need to set you apart.
4Geeks Academy is offering part-time programs for tech job hunters and career-switchers that can be completed in less than three months.Apply to 4Geeks Academy today.
3 Tips to Learn How to Code Faster
While learning to code has become a popular upskilling choice among professionals, it’s not as easy as it seems. You’ll need to do more than just watch YouTube tutorials or read articles. Three key factors play a part in helping you gain coding skills faster and at a more effective rate: practice, mentorship, and community.
1. Practice by Doing
One of the easiest ways to learn to code is to drop the big textbooks and start coding. Practicing how to code will allow you to learn beyond theories and apply your skills thoroughly. Done repeatedly, you’ll have a better insight into the mistakes that you make and how to correct them.
If you want to start putting your skills to the test, you can take advantage of coding challenges found online or work on building projects of your own. That said, getting a mentor or a guide will go a long way in ensuring you are on the right path.
2. Get a Mentor
Mentors are experienced professionals who understand the ins and out of their trade. Getting a mentor to guide you in your coding journey will help you find ways to acquire all the answers you need when you get stuck. These industry experts can also provide professional advice that you can tailor to your needs.
3. Join a Community of Coders
Joining a community of coders will show you that you are not alone in your coding journey and that you can always reach out to a peer or two when you face challenges. Being part of such a community will help boost your motivation and maintain high spirits when you encounter obstacles with any projects you may be working on.
4Geeks Academy seems to understand the challenges of learning to code alone. So, it has developed a learning system that provides all of the solutions mentioned above to aid students in learning more effectively.
Why Learn How to Code with 4Geeks Academy?
If you want to learn to code or enhance your existing coding skills, then 4Geeks Academy is the perfect place for you. Through its immersive curriculum, flexible training schedule, and real-world, hands-on projects, you will acquire in-demand coding skills in no time.
- Unlimited access to mentorship—get help when you need it! Students become members of the 4Geeks Academy GeekPAL community from the first day of their enrollment. The 5:1 student-to-teacher ratio ensures that students receive personalized assistance while in class. Students or alumni can also ask code-related inquiries outside school sessions, with the answers typically provided within 15 minutes.
- Learn to code without quitting your day job. 4Geeks Academy offers its Full Stack Developer program on a part-time basis. This is designed to fit into your busy work schedule, meaning you don’t need to quit your day job to learn to code. Anyone, regardless of their background, including working professionals and parents with kids, can register for this program.
- Lifetime access to career support. The focus is on the outcomes not just in your participation. Students will be working with real-world data, solving practical challenges, and advancing their coding skills as they progress through the program. According to the school’s outcomes report, 86 percent of 4Geeks Academy graduates land jobs after their training, indicating the effectiveness of the bootcamp’s training method.
In addition to the part-time course, students can learn remotely from the comfort of their home or office without struggling to beat the traffic to attend classes.
- Never code alone. Once you register in the program of your choice, you will join a growing Slack community of coders where you can share ideas and find solutions to any challenges that may arise. The school’s Slack community is also an avenue to network and build lifelong learning partners.
- Be part of the 4Geeks community. Students can enhance their coding skills by receiving relevant comments from a devoted community of code reviewers and contributors as well as access a large volume of learning resources. Moreover, learners can also share their knowledge to help other community members.
Getting a Job After 4Geeks Academy
4Geeks Academy provides lifelong career support to help you find your dream job in tech and thrive in your career. These services include the following:
GeekForce is a career service program meant to help students stay competitive in the job market. According to 4Geeks Academy, the GeekForce service has helped around 86 percent of students land jobs within 100 days or less from the date of their graduation.
GeekForce services include the following:
- Optimize your resume, cover letter, and professional brand (LinkedIn profile and GitHub) to get noticed by employers
- Sit through mock interviews to assess your strengths and areas of improvement
- Before any interview, receive further training in using different technologies to prepare you for any assessments. 4Geeks has its own pool of auto-graded exercises so you can master your skills for the job
- Receive weekly job offers from 4Geeks’ network local and international hiring partners
Workshops and Unlimited Learning Opportunities
The academy offers several workshops for its students to facilitate continuous learning. Even after they complete the program and land their first job, they have lifetime access to 4Geeks professional support and resources. Below are some of the topics covered in these workshops:
- How to improve your coding skills
- How to improve your soft skills
- How to become a creative thinker
- How to boost your professional profile
- How to connect with other developers and prospective employers
- How to voice your ideas and collaborate with stakeholders
Build Your Coding Skills for the Future of Work
Whether you are aiming to take up a tech role or just want to stay competitive in your current job, 4Geeks Academy offers a conducive environment for you. 4Geeks Academy has positioned itself as one of the leaders in providing the skills needed for the future of work. This bootcamp has been gaining popularity and has also acquired an operating license from the Florida Department of Education.
The school offers immersive programs in full stack development, artificial intelligence, and machine learning. Visit its website to learn more about its programs, and apply to 4Geeks Academy today.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.