The fastest online data analytics degrees give you the opportunity to earn a degree in data analytics on an accelerated path while working on the side. An accelerated data analytics degree offers you a lucrative career with an average salary of $82,360 per year, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
If you’re seeking to get an online data analytics degree fast, this detailed article will help you with your school search for accelerated data analytics degrees for both undergraduate and graduate programs. We have also included the best jobs you can get with an accelerated online data analytics degree.
What Is an Accelerated Data Analytics Degree?
An accelerated data analytics degree is a fast-track program that reduces the time spent in college, allowing students to get a data analytics degree much faster. This program creates compacted coursework, enabling you to absorb as much material as possible in a shortened length of time.
In this short period of time, students will learn probability and statistics, programming, and machine learning, as well as other key components of data analytics that are required in potential career fields.
How Do Accelerated Degrees Work?
Accelerated degrees work by providing classes with greater flexibility. Students take lessons whenever it’s convenient for them, unlike full-time students that follow a strict schedule. They’re also sometimes condensed into five- to ten-week intervals rather than the usual 16-week semesters.
The degrees combine oral and visual formats with human-computer interaction for an extensive study program. Schools simplify their courses such that an accelerated degree program covers the same quantity of material as a traditional degree program but at a faster pace.
Types of Accelerated Data Analytics Degrees
Presumably, the time to complete a degree in data analytics is standard regardless of the institution. However, this is not the case for accelerated programs. It is entirely dependent on the school and your enrollment status.
Several colleges offer accelerated programs that allow you to shorten your course load and reduce graduation time. Below, we’ll discuss the types of accelerated data analytics degrees you can find.
Accelerated Associate Degrees
An accelerated associate degree has the same coursework as a conventional associate degree but with a reduced timeframe. Schools compress the semester timetable, increasing workload and course hours per week. The program is spread out over six-week periods to assist students in earning an associate degree in as little as 17 months.
Accelerated Bachelor’s Degrees
Accelerated bachelor’s degrees encourage students to take more credits than normal, allowing them to graduate in as little as two years. This degree significantly boosts your earning potential. An accelerated program is usually more rigorous than a regular bachelor’s program since you cover the same content in less time.
Accelerated Master’s Degrees
An accelerated master’s degree program allows exceptional students still registered in undergraduate classes to start accumulating master’s graduate credits. These types of programs allow students to complete a master’s degree at a faster rate.
In five years, you can have both a bachelor’s and master’s degree, or you can earn a master’s degree in less than the usual two-year duration. The graduate coursework may be challenging, making this program difficult to complete.
Combined Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees
The combined bachelor’s and master’s degree program is intended for students who want to complete both a bachelor’s and a master’s degree in a short period of time. You can earn two degrees with fewer credit hours by using shared credit.
After completing an undergraduate degree and master’s program, students enrolled in this program receive a baccalaureate degree. This program can be finished in as little as five years.
Who Should Get an Accelerated Data Analytics Degree?
You should get an accelerated data analytics degree if you are employed but never attended college, a returning student, or a parent. Data analytics bachelor’s degrees are easy for older workers with no prior university education. Returning students can expand their previous knowledge and acquire a degree needed to further their professions in a short amount of time.
Best Accelerated Degrees
How to Get a Data Analytics Degree Fast
- Enroll in AP classes. Advanced placement classes introduce high school students to core university subjects. These classes can help you manage your workload throughout a semester or perhaps cut your college years.
- Try some summer classes. Summer is a terrific chance to complete prerequisite courses and graduate college sooner. The curriculum is crammed into a few weeks rather than a full term.
- Sign up for expedited programs. Fast-track programs take three-year college degree programs and compress them into just two years. These programs accelerate your education by giving you the same quantity of knowledge and credits in a shorter, reduced timeframe.
- Take online classes. Most classes with an online format shorten the length of their programs, so you finish them faster. Because these online learning opportunities are self-paced, online students obtain required credits in less time.
- Enroll in night classes. Just like summer classes, you can register for night classes and cram as many units as possible into your calendar, bringing you that much closer to graduating early.
What Is the Fastest Online Data Analytics Degree?
The fastest online data analytics degree is a Master of Science in Quantitative Management – Business Analytics from Duke University. You can finish this online program in 12 months due to its structure, which allows you to complete many courses in less time.
Fastest Online Data Analytics Degrees: The Basics
|Degree Title||School||Required Time|
|Accelerated Master of Science in Quantitative Management – Business Analytics||Duke University||1 year|
|Master of Science in Data Analytics||Maryville University||1 year|
|Master of Science in Management||Merrimack College||1 year|
|Master of Science in Data Analytics||Northern Illinois University||1 year|
|Master of Science in Business Analytics||Indiana University||15 months to 3 years|
|Master of Science in Data Analytics and Policy||Johns Hopkins University||Sixteen to 24 months|
|Master of Science in Business Analytics||Syracuse University||1.5 years|
|Master of Science in Health Informatics, Concentration in Applied Data Analytics||Boston University||1.5-2 years|
|Bachelor of Science in Data Management and Data Analytics||Western Governors University||3 years|
|Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Data Analytics||Liberty University||3.5 years|
The Fastest Online Data Analytics Degrees, Explained
The fastest online data analytics degrees range from undergraduate to graduate degrees cutting across both business and science fields like business administration and data science. Read on to learn more about the online degrees and the schools where you can get them.
Fastest Data Analytics Degree Completion Programs
Enrolling in one of the fastest degree completion programs in data analytics helps you save time and money. If you want to pick up where you left off with your bachelor’s, degree completion allows you to do that.
You can transfer credits earned from your previous school or your associate degree to advance your career goals. The list below highlights the fastest data analytics completion programs to consider.
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing – Marketing Analytics Specialization | Indiana Wesleyan University. To complete this program faster, you can transfer your entire associate degree from a regionally-accredited institution. You can apply for financial aid with this program.
- Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Analytics | Thomas Edison State University. This applied data science program allows you to transfer up to 90 credits you earned at an accredited community college. You may even fulfill the online data science degree requirements with your credits if you transfer from an accredited four-year institution.
- Bachelor of Science in Analytics | Northeastern University. This program gives you the skills and competencies you need to stay competitive in technical fields like finance, healthcare, and business. It allows you to fast-track your science coursework to finish earlier if you enroll in the school’s summer course.
- Bachelor of Science in Data Analytics | Rasmussen University. This program not only allows you to transfer credits earned from previous institutions but also allows you to transfer knowledge credit. You can complete 67 percent of the program with self-directed assessments.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Analysis and Management | Bellevue University. This multidisciplinary curriculum allows you to transfer your full associate degree or the credits earned for military training to accelerate your bachelor’s degree in the data science field. It gives hands-on experience and access to a business analysis and project management career. This program provides room for you to apply for financial aid.
Do Employers Respect Online Degrees?
Yes, employers respect online degrees, especially if earned from reputable, accredited institutions. Employers are more accepting of online degrees because several top-ranking universities now offer different online degree programs as alternatives to traditional degrees.
Earning an online degree is proof of having relevant soft skills like time management, dedication, and a high level of commitment, which are all required for productivity in the workplace.
What Jobs Can You Get with an Accelerated Data Analytics Degree?
- Computer System Analyst | $99,270
- Database Administrator | $98,860
- Management Analyst | $93,000
- Operations Research Analyst | $82,360
- Financial Analyst | $81,410
Best Accelerated Data Analytics Degree Jobs
With technological advancements and wide Internet usage, there has never been a better time to be a data analyst. With an accelerated data analytics degree program, you can follow different career paths with high median salaries, such as computer system analyst, database administrator, management analyst, operations research analyst, and financial analyst.
Are Online Data Analytics Degrees Worth It?
Yes, online data analytics degrees are worth it. The online courses teach the exact skills you’ll need to start your career. With data analysts becoming more essential, gaining practical skills in analytics can provide you with a job with a competitive salary, outstanding chances for mobility, and job stability.
Fastest Online Data Analytics Degrees FAQ
You can master data analytics in three months with data analytics bootcamps and courses. Keep in mind that developing practical skills and relevant work experience is more vital than theoretical knowledge.
Yes, it’s required that you know the fundamentals of coding languages like Python, R, and SQL. However, some data analysts choose to use analytics tools or Excel to analyze data and deliver critical insights rather than using popular programming languages. You should examine the job posting before applying for a position to ensure that it corresponds to your academic experience.
A bachelor’s degree is ideal for data analytics, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, as the majority of entry-level data analyst jobs demand this type of degree. It provides a structured opportunity to build skills and network with industry experts through participation in cutting-edge research.
Yes, it is worth pursuing a data analytics degree as these programs attract high wages and good benefits. Also, there is a high demand for people with data analyst skills, but the required academic backgrounds to execute this job properly are scarce.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.