With the ongoing global pandemic and uncertainties in the job market, there is no time like the present to shift your focus and get educated to meet the demands of today’s most relevant career paths: coding, data, design & marketing. If you’re looking for a quick way in, look no further than General Assembly’s Free Fridays.
The Free Fridays is a series of workshops created to demonstrate one of General Assembly’s visions—your day job and lack of finances should never come between you and a rewarding tech career.
As the name suggests, the workshops run on Friday nights, from November 5 until December 10. Just like General Assembly’s most popular workshops, these will walk you through the fundamentals of data science and analytics, Python programming, digital marketing, and web design.
The difference? The workshops are 100 percent free and 100 percent remote. Instead of paying $60 to $120 out of pocket, you get to participate and learn for free, all from the comfort of your home. All the bootcamp asks is for you to commit two hours of your time and to demonstrate that drive to get the career you want.
“These are for the people who want to test the experience first. They demand to know what the real product is, and they want to take a step to experience what the courses are really like,” General Assembly says about the offer.
During the workshop, you are also given the opportunity for real-time interaction with fellow participants and an expert instructor. Use the chatbox to ask questions, give feedback, and even expand your online network at the same time. Depending on the workshop, you will also have the option to complete some classwork designed to help with knowledge retention. This, however, is not mandatory.
Once you complete the workshop and find that you’re ready for more, you can explore General Assembly’s Immersive programs. To date, General Assembly has trained over 85,000 students worldwide. To top it off, the bootcamp boasts a high 99.2 percent employment rate, with graduates landing jobs within 180 days of program completion.
The success of General Assembly’s alumni is a testament not only to the effectiveness of its training programs in preparing students for employment but also to the solid reputation it has built in the industry. If you want to be a part of one of the biggest communities in the bootcamp space, take that first step and select which workshops below match your interests.
Below are some of the upcoming Free Fridays workshops that you can check out, categorized by topic. Note that some of them have multiple sessions in a day.
General Assembly’s Free Fridays is a series of online workshops designed to build your foundations in coding, data, design, and digital marketing at $0 cost.Learn more about General Assembly’s courses and workshops here.
- Excel 101: Making Spreadsheets Work for You: November 19, November 26, and December 10
- Tableau 101: Telling Meaningful Stories with Data: November 19 and November 26
- Data Analytics 101: Making Data-Driven Decisions: November 12 and December 3
- Search Marketing 101: Increasing Search Engine Visibility: November 12 and December 3
- Social Media Analytics 101: Tracking the Metrics that Count: November 26
- Paid Social 101: Spending Wisely to Reach Your Audience: November 12 and December 3
- Digital Marketing 101: Bringing Awareness to Your Brand: November 19 and December 10
- Google Analytics 101: Improving Your Bottom Line: November 12 and December 3
- Python 101: Writing your First Line of Code: November 26
- Visual Design 101: Understanding Design Fundamentals: November 26, December 3, and December 10
- Adobe Illustrator 101: Designing Your Creative Assets: November 12 and December 3
- Adobe InDesign 101: Getting Your Layout Right: November 26
Start building your career today with General Assembly’s Free Fridays.
Known as one of the pioneers in the coding bootcamp space, General Assembly offers immersive programs in the most in-demand tech fields—from software engineering and data science to digital marketing and UX design. After only months of rigorous training, you’ll have the necessary skillset to pursue the career you love.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.