Coding bootcamp costs can range anywhere from $9,000 USD to $28,000 USD depending on the program and your location. Making the choice to attend a bootcamp can be a big one, but figuring out how to pay for it can be a difficult one. Career Karma understands how difficult it can be to find all the resources you need in one place. That’s why we’ve created the featured list below of coding bootcamp scholarships for programs all over the country. Scroll through and check it out – there’s scholarships based on financial need, underrepresented group status, and there are even some programs which cover tuition fully outright.
Ada Developers Academy Scholarship
The cost of tuition for Ada students is waived, however living expenses (in Seattle) are still subject to liability by students.
Bitmaker Labs Scholarship
This coding bootcamp scholarship is open to all women in the Bitmaker program. The Scholarship amount is $500 and there is no application required for eligibility.
- Applicable for women, minorities, and veterans, the New Relic Diversity coding bootcamp scholarship offers $500 off tuition for applicable candidates in Software Development & Design.
- There is an additional Bloc Scholarship called The Women Who Code Bootcamp Scholarship – it offers women candidates a $1000 partial scholarship.
This coding bootcamp scholarship is for women and those in the Canadian Armed forces.
Carolina Code School
Partnering with Facebook, this coding bootcamp scholarship offers 25 full-ride scholarships for those attending their Web Development Immersive bootcamp.
Claim Academy Scholarships
There are multiple coding bootcamp scholarships available through Claim Academy:
- Women in Technology Scholarship – $500
- College Upgrade Scholarship – $1000
- Minority Scholarship – $500
- Veteran Scholarship – $500
Code Fellows Scholarship
Women, veterans, and minorities taking Code 301 and 401 courses are eligible for the Diversity Scholarship Fund. This coding bootcamp scholarship offers a 50% – 75% tuition coverage (only students who submit applications will be considered).
CodeCore Bootcamp Scholarship
Eligible to women, this coding bootcamp scholarship offer $500 off program tuition.
Coding Dojo Scholarships
There are multiple coding bootcamp scholarships available through Coding Dojo:
- The Military Retraining Scholarship – $1000 | For military veterans and those currently enlisted to support a career transition into software development
- The Women in Tech Scholarship – $1000 | For women who need financial assistance to jumpstart their careers in computer programming
- The Diversity Scholarship – $1000 | For groups considered underrepresented within the technology industry
Code Platoon Scholarships
There are multiple Code Platoon coding bootcamp scholarships for veterans and military spouses which cover the majority of the programs tuition.
- Veteran & Spouses Partial Scholarships – $10,000 | Median scholarship – everyone per cohort
- Women in Tech Full Scholarship – $13,000 | One per cohort
- Remote Attendance Full Scholarship – $13,000 | All remote students
- Transgender Veteran Full Scholarship – $13,000 | One per cohort
Deep Dive Coders Scholarship
The W.K Kellog Foundation coding bootcamp scholarship may cover the full tuition amount for those looking to enter into high-quality STEM-jobs.
New students are eligible for the Elevate Scholarship which offers $10,000. 25% of the scholarship funds are allocated to women while the remaining funds are provided to entering students based on needs.
DevPoint Labs Scholarship
50% off tuition offered through the following DevPoint Labs’ scholarships
- Women in Tech and Diversity scholarship
- Opportunity in Tech Scholarship
Students enrolled in the Immersive Program may receive up to $1500 and those in the Flex Program up to $1000. Plus there is an automatic tuition deduction for women and veterans.
Flatiron School Scholarships
There are many Flatiron School coding bootcamp scholarships available for their programs – checkout their scholarship page for more info.
Fullstack Academy Scholarships
There are multiple coding bootcamp scholarships available through Fullstack Academy:
- Ada Lovelace Scholarship for Women – $1,000
- Scholarship for Veterans – $1,000
- 50 States of Code Fund for the Remote Bootcamp Prep course
- Numerous partial scholarships awarded on a financial need basis for exceptional candidates
For those underrepresented in technology such as women, veterans, minorities, and those who identify as LGBT – partial and full scholarships are available contingent on financial need and exceptional performance.
General Assembly Scholarships
Various coding bootcamp scholarships are available through General Assembly’s Opportunity Fund. However, students can only be considered upon acceptance into a course and by requesting an admissions producer for an application.
Grand Circus Scholarship
For veterans identifying as African American, Chicano or Latino, Native American, Pacific Islander and those who identify as LGBTQ – coding bootcamp scholarships range from $1000 – $1500.
Hack Reactor Scholarships
New students are eligible for The Hack Reactor Scholarship to fund their education.
Hackbright Academy Scholarships
There are multiple coding bootcamp scholarships available through Hackbright Academy:
- Hackbright Scholarships – $2,500 | Partial Scholarships
- Women Who Code | Partial Scholarships
- New Relic Partial Scholarships | Eligible for those in the Portland Metro area
- Lesbians Who Tech – $5,000 | Partial Scholarship
- Girls In Tech – $8,500 | Partial Scholarship
Recurse Center Scholarship
Tuition for Recuse Center is free for all – plus there are grants based on individual needs that cover living expenses for female programmers.
Women enrolled in IronHack are eligible for a 1000€ coding bootcamp scholarship.
Launch Academy Scholarship
For women and underrepresented minorities in tech based in the Launch Academy Boston program.
- Those who earned an undergraduate or a graduate Computer Science degree from a U.S. accredited school are eligible for significant discounts through coding bootcamp scholarships.
- Women and U.S. military veterans – $600
- Early registration discounts – $500 – $1000
Lesbians Who Tech Scholarship
50% funding with the Edie Windsor Coding Scholarship is available for those who identify as LGBTQ (or gender nonconforming) and want to learn coding.
Makers Academy Scholarship
Women enrolled in Makers Academy are eligible for a £500 discount.
For veterans and current U.S military as well as women and underrepresented minorities (African Americans, Hispanic and Latino Americans, Mexican-Americans, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, and mainland Puerto Ricans), the Metis scholarship can provide $3,000 towards tuition.
Nashville Software School Scholarship
There are coding bootcamp scholarship opportunities for women and underrepresented groups – limited availability.
Omaha Code School Scholarship
Financial assistance is available through many coding bootcamp scholarships from Omaha Code School.
For women and prospective coding bootcamp candidates who are currently enrolled in another education program, the RMOTR Scholarship offers a 25% discount to their online coding bootcamp.
- Sabio Coding Bootcamp Scholarship – $500
- The Jill H. Mays’ Women in Tech Scholarship – $1500
The Software Guild Scholarship
- Women in Tech Award – $2000
- Veterans Who Code Award – $2000 | For active military service members in the full-time online coding bootcamp program (or the Louisville on-ground program).
Startup Institute Scholarship
A limited number of needs-based scholarships and financing opportunities exist for applicable candidates.
- Thinkful Full Time Web Development Bootcamp Scholarship – $300 off each month | For women as well as active and former US service members
- Thinkful Flexible Web Development Bootcamp Scholarship – $100 off each month | For women as well as active and former US service members
- Thinkful Atlanta Scholarships in Atlanta offers $3,000 towards either program
We Can Code IT Scholarship
For women and underrepresented groups like African Americans, Hispanics, or Native Americans, a $1,000 coding bootcamp scholarship is available.
We Got Coders Scholarship
All trainees receive free tuition for 24 months with The Graduate Scholarship.
Active service members and veterans are offered a $500 coding bootcamp scholarship. Wyncode also offers a $1000 discount through the Women of Wyncode Scholarship.
Need help figuring out with coding bootcamp scholarship is right for you? Join Career Karma!