Coding bootcamp costs can range from $9,000 USD to $28,000 USD, depending on the program and location. Choosing to attend a bootcamp can be a big decision. But figuring out how to pay for it can be even more difficult. Career Karma understands how hard it is to find all the resources you need in one place. Therefore, we’ve created this list of coding bootcamp scholarships for programs all over the country. Check it out! There are coding scholarships based on financial need and minority group status. Moreover, there are some programs which cover tuition fully!
Ada Developers Academy Scholarship
The cost of tuition for Ada students is waived. However, living expenses (in Seattle) aren’t included.
Bitmaker Labs Scholarship
Secondly, this coding bootcamp scholarship from Bitmaker Labs is a scholarship for female coders in the Bitmaker program. The Scholarship is $500. Further, there is no application.
- For women, minorities, and veterans. The New Relic Diversity coding bootcamp scholarship offers $500 off tuition for Software Development & Design.
- In addition, there is a Bloc Scholarship called The Women Who Code Bootcamp Scholarship. It is a women’s coding bootcamp scholarship for $1000.
Next, this coding scholarship is for women and those in the Canadian Armed forces.
Carolina Code School
Partnering with Facebook, this coding bootcamp scholarship offers 25 full-ride scholarships for those in their Web Development Immersive bootcamp.
Claim Academy Scholarships
Further, there are multiple coding bootcamp scholarships from Claim Academy.
- Women in Technology Scholarship – $500
- College Upgrade Scholarship – $1000
- Minority Scholarship – $500
- Veteran Scholarship – $500
Code Fellows Scholarship
Women, veterans, and minorities taking Code 301 and 401 courses can get the Diversity Scholarship Fund. This coding bootcamp scholarship pays 50% to 75% tuition. However, students must apply for this scholarship.
CodeCore Bootcamp Scholarship
For women, this coding bootcamp scholarship offers $500 off tuition.
Coding Dojo Scholarships
There are many coding bootcamp scholarships from Coding Dojo. For instance:
- Firstly, the Military Retraining Scholarship – $1000 | For veterans and current service members. Supports career transition into software development.
- Secondly, the Women in Tech Scholarship – $1000 | A scholarship for female coders who need financial help to jumpstart their careers in computer programming.
- Finally, the Diversity Scholarship – $1000 | For groups underrepresented in the tech industry.
Code Platoon Scholarships
There are many Code Platoon coding bootcamp scholarships for veterans and military spouses. Some cover the majority of tuition.
- Veteran & Spouses Partial Scholarships – $10,000 | Median scholarship – everyone per cohort.
- Women in Tech Full Scholarship – $13,000 | One per cohort.
- Remote Attendance Full Scholarship – $13,000 | All remote students.
- Transgender Veteran Full Scholarship – $13,000 | One per cohort.
Deep Dive Coders Scholarship
The W.K. Kellog Foundation coding bootcamp scholarship may cover full tuition for those entering high-quality STEM jobs.
New students can get the Elevate Scholarship. It offers $10,000. 25% of scholarship funds go to women. The rest go to other students based on need.
DevPoint Labs Scholarship
50% off tuition through these DevPoint Labs’ scholarships.
- Women in Tech and Diversity scholarship
- Opportunity in Tech Scholarship
Students in the Immersive Program can get up to $1500. Those in the Flex Program can get up to $1000. Further, there is an automatic tuition deduction for women and veterans.
Flatiron School Scholarships
There are many Flatiron School coding bootcamp scholarships available. Check out their scholarship page for more info.
Fullstack Academy Scholarships
There are many coding bootcamp scholarships from Fullstack Academy.
- Ada Lovelace Scholarship for Women – $1,000
- Scholarship for Veterans – $1,000
- 50 States of Code Fund for the Remote Bootcamp Prep course.
- Numerous partial scholarships awarded on a need basis for exceptional candidates.
For those underrepresented in tech (for instance, women, veterans, minorities, and those who identify as LGBT), partial and full scholarships are available based on need and merit.
General Assembly Scholarships 2019
Various coding bootcamp scholarships are available from
Grand Circus Scholarship
For African American, Chicano or Latino, Native American, Pacific Islander LGBTQ-identifying veterans
Hack Reactor Scholarships
New students can get The Hack Reactor Scholarship.
Hackbright Academy Scholarships
There are many coding bootcamp scholarships from Hackbright Academy:
- Hackbright Scholarships – $2,500 | Partial Scholarships.
- Women Who Code | Partial Scholarships.
- New Relic Partial Scholarships | Eligible for those in the Portland Metro area.
- Lesbians Who Tech – $5,000 | Partial Scholarship.
- Girls In Tech – $8,500 | Partial Scholarship.
Recurse Center Scholarship
Tuition for Recurse Center is free for all. Additionally, there are grants for coding bootcamps based on need. These cover living expenses for female programmers.
Women in IronHack can get a 1000€ coding bootcamp scholarship.
Launch Academy Scholarship
For women and underrepresented minorities in tech. Based in the Launch Academy Boston program.
- Those who earned an undergraduate or a graduate Computer Science degree from a U.S. accredited school are eligible for discounts through coding bootcamp scholarships.
- Women and U.S. military veterans – $600
- Early registration discounts – $500 – $1000
Lesbians Who Tech Scholarship
50% funding with the Edie Windsor Coding Scholarship is available for those who identify as LGBTQ (or gender nonconforming) and want to learn coding.
Makers Academy Scholarship
Women enrolled in Makers Academy are eligible for a £500 discount.
For veterans, current U.S military, women, and underrepresented minorities (for example, African Americans, Hispanic and Latino Americans, Mexican-Americans, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, and mainland Puerto Ricans). The Metis scholarship can provide $3,000 toward tuition.
Nashville Software School Scholarship
There are coding bootcamp scholarship opportunities for women and underrepresented groups. However, availability is limited.
Omaha Code School Scholarship
Omaha code school offers many bootcamp scholarships.
For women and prospective coding bootcamp candidates currently enrolled in another education program. The scholarship offers a 25% discount to online coding bootcamp.
- Sabio Coding Bootcamp Scholarship – $500
- The Jill H. Mays’ Women in Tech Scholarship – $1500
The Software Guild Scholarship
- Women in Tech Award – $2000
- Veterans Who Code Award – $2000 | For active service members in the full-time online coding bootcamp program (or the Louisville on-ground program).
Startup Institute Scholarship
A limited number of need-based scholarships and financing opportunities are available.
- The Thinkful Full-Time Web Development Bootcamp Scholarship – $300 off each month | For women and active and former US service members.
ThinkfulFlexible Web Development Bootcamp Scholarship – $100 off each month | For women and active and former US service members. ThinkfulAtlanta Scholarships in Atlanta offers $3,000 toward either program.
We Can Code IT Scholarship
For women and underrepresented groups (for instance, African Americans, Hispanics, or Native Americans) a $1,000 coding bootcamp scholarship is available.
We Got Coders Scholarship
All trainees receive free tuition for 24 months with The Graduate Scholarship.
Active service members and veterans can get a $500 coding bootcamp scholarship. Wyncode also offers a $1000 discount through the Women of Wyncode Scholarship.
To sum up, it’s clear that there are plenty of funding options for anyone looking into coding bootcamps. However, it’s your job to seek them out and apply!
Need help figuring out with coding bootcamp scholarship is right for you? Join Career Karma!