A career that offers decent pay and job security is the dream of many. That is why many professionals are turning to data-related careers, including common fields like data science, data analytics, machine learning (ML), and business intelligence (BI). But there’s another sector that’s becoming increasingly popular: data engineering.
For a long time, data engineering had been the least followed data path, but not anymore. So, what has changed? Many companies have realized they lack the data infrastructure that their data scientists and analysts can leverage. Hence, the demand for data engineers has significantly increased over the years.
The impact of such a boom is far-reaching, offering numerous high-paying opportunities for job seekers. According to PayScale, data engineers in the US earn an average salary of $93,523. That’s nearly double the national average salary of $53,924.
But that’s not merely what makes data engineering a preferred path. The data engineering field also provides professionals with a flexible working environment, exciting challenges, and cross-industry relevance.
Read on as we explore the benefits of learning data engineering skills and how to kickstart your journey with WeCloudData.
At WeCloudData’s Data Engineering Bootcamp, you can gain in-demand data engineering skills in a forward-thinking environment under the guidance of seasoned data professionals.Learn more here.
What Does a Data Engineer Do?
A data engineer’s duties vary with each company. While some professionals focus on building relational data warehouses, others may work more with building and automating data pipelines for software, machine learning systems, or business intelligence processes.
However diverse this path is, a data engineer’s primary duty typically revolves around building, organizing, and maintaining systems or pipelines for accurate data collection and processing. They create the infrastructure with which data scientists and analysts can work.
Other data professionals offer descriptive, diagnostic, prescriptive, or predictive analysis, but data engineers ask questions like:
- Which type of pipeline will be suitable for preparing data for analysis?
- How can we optimize the workflow for diverse data storage solutions?
- How do we determine the quality of this data?
Given their duties, data engineers need to master programming languages like Python and Spark, data algorithms, cloud platforms, and frameworks for industry success. One of the paths you can take to get a quality education is WeCloudData’s Data Engineering Bootcamp.
Why Learn Data Engineering at WeCloudData?
A peek into WeCloudData’s classroom reveals an interactive and supportive environment. The students can ask questions freely and get help from instructors, teaching assistants, mentors, and colleagues, even outside teaching hours. This vital step prequels WeCouldData’s winning combination of providing practical technical training and career support.
Let’s break that down.
Build Experience by Solving Real-World Problems
Since data engineering is a highly practical field, WeCloudData instills hands-on experience at every stage of its training program. You will complete several short tasks, assignments, and team projects on each topic you learn. These mirror real-world data engineering challenges, which will prepare you for post-bootcamp industry experience.
With mentors, experienced instructors, and supportive colleagues, you can develop the skin and skills to excel as a data engineer.
Gain Access to Career Services and Interview Preparation
Starting a new career comes with several challenges, especially for career switchers. While WeCloudData’s curriculum helps you meet the skill requirement, the career services help you get in front of the right audience.
WeCloudData’s mentors help you develop eye-catching resumes, portfolios, and cover letters. Additionally, when given a chance to interview for a job you have applied for, you can take part in practice interviews with WeCloudData.
What Will You Learn at WeCloudData’s Data Engineering Bootcamp?
As the tech industry shifts to skills-based hiring, the specifics of what you learn and how you learn become crucial for success as a data engineer. Through WeCloudData, you will learn the following data engineering tools and technical skills:
- Python. Learn how to use Python libraries like Pandas in various machine learning and data science projects. You will also explore object-oriented languages like Spark and SQL to handle large data volumes.
- Automation and scripting. Data scientists in the industry typically work with large volumes of data. As an aspiring data engineer, you will learn various techniques for automating data processes.
- Databases and warehouses. Learn the principles surrounding databases and data warehouses and navigate modern technologies like Snowflake.
- Data processing techniques. Get to know standard industry practices for processing large data sets. Learn to use Spark and PySpark to process bulk data.
- Workflows. The responsibility to build working efficient pipelines and data structures that ensure workflows plays a major part in a data engineer’s role. Besides teaching that, WeCloudData will also help you master techniques for scheduling and monitoring workflows, especially when dealing with scaling data volumes.
- Cloud computing. Many companies are moving away from traditional relational databases and entering cloud computing solutions. In the bootcamp, you will learn how to use the AWS Cloud platform for various data engineering processes.
- Career training. WeCloudData also weaves career prep into the program. Expect to receive tips and tricks on how you can create attractive portfolios, write compelling cover letters, and develop excellent interviewing skills.
Ready to Launch Your Data Engineering Career?
WeCloudData boasts a rich mix of practical training, a market-led curriculum, and a wide support structure. As a result, WeCloudData reports an impressive 95 percent job placement rate among its alumni, with a base salary averaging $83,000.
You, too, can benefit from the numerous advantages that WeCloudData offers. Join the next cohort at WeCloudData’s Data Engineering Bootcamp to get started.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.