As much as great talents find it difficult to land well-paying jobs, employers also face similar challenges in securing the right candidates.
Why? Because the ease at which the Internet has made it possible to apply for jobs has created a mob of job applicants. Many apply for jobs outside their skill sets, thanks to the view-click-and-send design embedded in most online job boards. This, in turn, forces employers to sift through a pile of applications to find suitable matches.
To avoid this, many employers have resorted to application tracking systems (ATS) to eliminate mismatched job applications and draw up a workable talent pool. However, candidates are beating them at their game by using keyword stuffing to bypass ATS.
Finding a single talent is like finding a needle in a haystack for most employers. So, even if you have the right skill set, you might have to wish hard that your application gets noticed. Job search processes shouldn’t be so complicated and draining, especially when you possess the technical and soft skills to excel in a job.
In fact, if you have a sizable portfolio, jobs should come to you instead. If you agree with this, read on to see how AngelList Featured can help you get noticed and take back control of your job search.
With AngelList Featured, your profile will be shown directly to recruiters searching for your skills, bringing you a step closer to employment opportunities—zero job applications needed.Let jobs come to you.
What Is AngelList Featured?
AngelList Featured is a service offered by AngelList Talent that showcases candidates’ profiles to recruiters and hiring companies. In other words, it is a place where verified employers pitch jobs to you—allowing you to vet your options instead of the other way around. The cool part is that this feature is 100% free.
Who Is Eligible to Be Featured?
Your eligibility depends on your preferred position and location. The criteria are constantly changing based on in-demand roles. However, programming, project management, sales, marketing, and design roles are always a focus for recruiters on AngelList Talent. You must also indicate if you are ready to interview for jobs or are open to offers in your profile to receive pitches.
A tip: opting in for remote roles will increase your chances of being selected.
What Happens While Your Profile Is Featured?
Even though you receive pitches, you can still apply for jobs that match your preferences. Companies will send pitches directly to your inbox to ensure you don’t miss out on any opportunity.
You must then respond to them by accepting or declining their offers. Only engaged candidates remain featured to keep the platform going and ensure quality interactions on both sides of the job search.
By continuing to engage with companies, even if it’s a simple “accept” or “decline”, you are assured of continued pitches. According to AngelList Talent, featured candidates receive three times the pitches, and land a job three times faster than non-featured candidates. To top that, once you accept a job offer and get hired, you can reach out to AngelList to claim a $150 gift card.
How to Get Your Profile Featured on AngelList Talent
- Step 1: Sign up for AngelList Talent and create your account for free.
- Step 2: Complete your profile and fill out your job preferences, including industry, company size, work culture, and work style (remote, hybrid, or in-person), to ensure you receive relevant pitches. Only jobs that match your unique preferences will be shown to you.
- Step 3: Fill out a one-time application form highlighting your skills and your current role and company, providing as much information as possible. The more info you provide, the better your chances of being selected and featured, but especially your primary role and location. Opting into remote positions is a bonus here!
- Step 4: Get featured for eight weeks! Don’t fret; your current employer will not see your profile.
- Step 5: Renew or opt out from being featured after the eighth week. Perhaps you found a job, in which case you can opt out. Otherwise, you can renew your application to get featured for another round of pitches until you find the job fit for you.
Let Jobs Come to You at AngelList Talent
While job hunting can be overwhelming, receiving pitches from employers can make you feel on top of the world. AngelList Featured puts you in control of your job search experience and allows you to prepare for what really matters—acing job interviews.
Head to AngelList Featured to create your free account and take one step closer to job opportunities ripe for the taking.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.