Email campaigns are an effective marketing strategy for businesses to promote their brands and sell their products. Using an email marketing platform like Mailchimp for your online business will help you get the job done. If you want to know how to use Mailchimp, read this guide.
Mailchimp allows you to send marketing emails to email clients to encourage customer engagement. It helps to market your business through design tools, marketing automation, and audience management. Throughout this guide to Mailchimp, you’ll learn about the top Mailchimp tips and use cases.
What Is Mailchimp?
Mailchimp started in 2001 as a side project by Ben Chestnut and Mark Armstrong. It is a marketing automation platform used for sending an email newsletter as a form of advertising to customer email accounts. It has useful features and functions to manage an email list, create campaigns, and monitor campaign reports. It’s an effective strategy to gain first-time customers, as well as to retain customer loyalty.
Why Do You Need Mailchimp?
Mailchimp helps businesses by helping them increase sales through regular email advertisements. It provides a simple user interface and many features for email marketing services. This platform doesn’t only allow you to send promotions to your email list. It also lets you analyze your subscriber activity, monitor campaigns, and create responses to emails.
Mailchimp Use Cases
- Email Designing: Mailchimp offers design options and useful templates for creating compelling email designs with a background image. Choose the best email template and create concise content. Customize your headings and add background images to your emails. You can also save your template to modify and use again.
- Email delivery: This intuit platform for emailing allows you to select how your email will be delivered to your mailing list. List contacts and use email blasts to send emails to all your subscribers or customize and group your target recipients. Use welcoming onboarding emails to grow your audience.
- Email Tracking: The open tracking feature will let you know if your recipients open the emails you sent. The tracker will produce a report that details the campaign’s total opened emails.
- Integration: Connect your social network accounts, like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitch, and Mailchimp will automatically add your followers to your audience list. You can also connect your ecommerce online store and send them emails from Mailchimp without needing to create a single email manually.
- Reports: Email campaign reports will help you analyze the result and effectiveness of your campaign. You’ll be able to see which strategies can be improved and determine the responses and behavior of your audience. Mailchimp provides dashboards for creating visual reports.
Key Terms You Need to Know to Use Mailchimp
Mailchimp is a powerful platform with many features and benefits for email campaign activity. Some of the common types of email marketing are email newsletters and transactional emails.
Promoting your brand through email marketing allows your audience to learn about your new products, promos, offers, discounts, and blog posts.
Sending email newsletters is a means of keeping clients and subscribers updated on business activities. You can send newsletters to gain more email subscribers, promote your products, and accelerate your web traffic. An effective newsletter contains engaging content and appealing visuals. Mailchimp allows you to create newsletters using cool email templates and an easy-to-use editor.
Tag is an audience management tool that allows you to create tags or labels to organize your contact list. You can create filters with tags to categorize people like #influencer or #traveler. It is customizable, which means you can create tags according to your preferences. Other helpful audience management tools in Mailchimp allow you to create groups and segments.
81% of participants stated they felt more confident about their tech job prospects after attending a bootcamp. Get matched to a bootcamp today.
The average bootcamp grad spent less than six months in career transition, from starting a bootcamp to finding their first job.
Customer relationship management (CRM) is a strategy used to manage and organize your interactions with your customers and potential clients. CRM helps you build stronger relationships with customers through analyzing their behavior from the collected relevant data. Mailchimp offers CRM tools for managing your contacts and clients.
Postcard marketing is a way to promote your business through direct mail. It is a simple, effective, and inexpensive way to reach your target audience. It allows you to send promotional print pieces like offers and coupons and send them to 27 countries worldwide. Another thing you can do is bring customers back to finish their purchase by sending abandoned cart emails in the form of a postcard.
Equipment You’ll Need for Mailchimp
- Computer: You’ll need a computer so that you can install an Internet browser on your computer supported by the Mailchimp web app. Mailchimp is a web-based application which means you don’t need to download an installer.
- Mobile Phone: Mailchimp is mobile-friendly and works well on mobile devices. This is a more convenient way of managing your campaign and accounts. Mailchimp supports both iOS and Android OS.
- Mailchimp Site: Access the Mailchimp website and create your account before you start creating email campaigns. Mailchimp supports most web browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.
- Mailchimp Mobile App. The Mailchimp mobile application allows you to access your account on your mobile phone. The mobile app uses contact import tools, like a business card scanner, so that you can organize new clients as you meet them.
- Internet access: Mailchimp will run when your device is connected to the Internet as it is an online web browser. To make sure Mailchimp works properly, you will need to enable cookies and pop-up forms.
How to Set Up and Start Using Mailchimp
Step 1: Go to Mailchimp’s Official Website
Go to the Mailchimp official website to create your account. Mailchimp’s website has a user-friendly interface allowing you to easily understand and navigate the controls.
Step 2: Create A Mailchimp Account
Set up your account and provide the necessary information such as your name and email address. Mailchimp will send an activation email to connect your email address to your account. You will be asked the details about your business or organization. You will also need to provide your physical address. It could be your personal address or business mailing address.
Step 3: Customize Your Audience
Your audience is a list of your subscribers or contacts. Your default audience will come from the information you provided in your account. You can customize your audience and modify their information such as their contact details. Mailchimp also provides a signup form for users that don’t have existing clients.
Step 4: Download Mailchimp App
Download the Mailchimp app onto your mobile device. It will allow you to create and monitor your campaign anywhere and anytime. Mailchimp provides styles applicable to mobile devices.
Step 5: Start Creating Your First Email Campaign
Email Campaign refers to the content you send to your email subscribers. Create a regular email campaign by following simple steps and customization options in Mailchimp. Create enticing yet detailed email content to effectively engage with your audience.
- Career Karma matches you with top tech bootcamps
- Get exclusive scholarships and prep courses
The Importance of Mailchimp for Business
Email is widely used in business. Digital marketing experts use them to promote and sell products. Email marketing tools like Mailchimp help you create better strategies to engage your brand with your target market. Knowing how to use Mailchimp will help you master audience communication and grow your business.
Top Mailchimp Tips: Use Mailchimp Like a Pro
- Use unique designs: Select the best design or template for your email. The design must be related to your topic or subject. Use eye-catching designs such as fun fonts and big buttons.
- Use a good email subject line: Use the A/B Split Campaign feature to A/B test your subject lines and create the best one for your email. Note that this function is only available for paid accounts.
- Use the Send Time Optimization tool: Use this feature of Mailchimp to identify the best time to send email campaigns to your subscribers. Sending at the right time will create a more effective campaign.
- Get the best of Mailchimp’s automation features: Time efficiency is important in your day-to-day life. Reduce your workload using features like automatically sending welcome emails to your new subscribers and analyzing your client’s website activity history.
- Integrate other social networks with Mailchimp: Connect your social media accounts and other websites you use in your business. This will grow your list and maximize the automation campaign tools.
Mailchimp for Different Professions
|Web developers||Write, edit and debug code|
|Python developers||Write Python code and edit it according to specifications|
|C++ developers||Write and edit C++ programs|
|Software developers||Edit lines of code, compare code to different layouts|
|Software engineers||Analyze code metrics and modify code|
Should You Use Mailchimp?
Yes, there are many benefits when using Mailchimp for email marketing campaigns. It makes it easier to reach out to your clients by sending newsletters and captivating emails. Mailchimp is easy to use and offers several design templates that you can customize to create campaigns.
How to Use Mailchimp FAQ
You can learn email marketing strategies by visiting YouTube channels that cover email marketing topics. You can also find an in-person course, enroll in a digital marketing bootcamp, or study in your own time.
According to Glassdoor, an email marketing specialist can earn an average salary of $76,216 per year. This can range from $43,000 to $77,000. Companies that offer a higher salary for email marketers are Salesforce, Guess, and Overstock.com.
Well-known companies that use Mailchimp are Healthways, DREAM Charter School, Wyze Cam, Joker Greeting, MindJournal, and Auction King. These companies know how to use Mailchimp to create effective marketing campaigns.
Email marketing job opportunities include email marketing specialist, email marketing associate, content writer, and email marketing manager. To qualify for email marketing jobs depends on your employer. Some like you to have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or any other similar field, while others accept a two-year diploma or another form of education in digital marketing.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.