DeVry University’s Keller Graduate School of Management offers online and hybrid master’s degrees and graduate certificates. The programs are designed to help you advance a career in technology, business, accounting, and healthcare. This Keller Graduate School of Management review will walk you through its offerings, cost, graduation rate, and more.
We will also cover the Keller Graduate School of Management ranking based on reports from US News & World Report and Times Higher Education. This information, alongside details about Keller Graduate School of Management’s accreditation status, provide insights into the quality of education at the school and will help prospective students make an informed decision before attending.
All About Keller Graduate School of Management
The Keller Graduate School of Management is a graduate school that is part of DeVry University, a private university in Illinois. It was established in 1973 before merging with the DeVry Institute of Technology in 1987.
The Keller Graduate School of Management accreditation is an extension of DeVry University’s accreditation, offered by the Higher Learning Commission. It offers 11 Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) programs, eight master’s degrees, and nine graduate certificates in emerging fields such as technology, business, accounting, and healthcare.
Where Is Keller Graduate School of Management Located?
Keller Graduate School of Management is part of DeVry University which is headquartered in Naperville, Illinois. The university and its graduate school, however, have multiple campuses scattered across the country. You can find DeVry campuses in states like Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Missouri, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Tennessee, and Texas.
Regardless of your location, the programs at Keller Graduate School of Management are offered online which means you can enroll from anywhere in the world. The graduate school also offers a hybrid option for students who prefer a blend of on-campus and remote learning.
Is Keller Graduate School of Management Accredited?
Yes, the Keller Graduate School of Management is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The graduate school is included under DeVry University’s general accreditation. This accreditation ensures the school strives to provide an excellent education for all.
It has also acquired voluntary programmatic accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), which allows the graduate school to offer top-notch MBA, master’s, and graduate certificate programs.
Is Keller Graduate School of Management Legit?
Yes, Keller Graduate School of Management is legit. It is part of the accredited and popular online school DeVry University which has more than 85 years of education training and degree experience.
Its online courses and graduate degrees also have programmatic accreditation from ACSBP. It is a decent school that offers credible, well-rounded education in business, technology, accounting and financial management, and healthcare.
Keller Graduate School of Management Student Reviews
Keller Graduate School of Management has received both good and poor reviews online. On Glassdoor, Keller Graduate School of Management scores 3.6 stars overall rating after taking into consideration the quality of education, median cost, career assistance services, and career prospects.
Meanwhile, US News & World Report’s DeVry University reviews saw some graduates giving the school a high rating for its professional college degree delivery, flexible college tuition plans, and excellent career center services. Others expressed their dissatisfaction with the school’s costs, staff, and programs.
Keller Graduate School of Management Better Business Bureau Reviews and Complaints
There are no specific Keller Graduate School of Management Better Business Bureau reviews and complaints. However, the parent university, DeVry University, received 12 complaints that mentioned the school’s communication service, billing issues, and sales problems. One bad review highlighted that such issues have impacted their finances and credit score.
Keller Graduate School of Management Rankings
Keller Graduate School of Management does not hold an individual ranking on popular ranking websites. However, we can use DeVry University’s rankings to gauge the quality of the overall education services. According to US News & World Report, it holds an average ranking among regional midwest universities and is a top-performing school for social mobility.
The school has been serving in-person and online students for 45 years since its foundation by Dennis Keller and Ron Taylor. Its years of experience paired with popular business programs makes the management school a credible one.
Keller Graduate School of Management US News & World Report Ranking
Keller Graduate School of Management does not have a specific US News & World Report ranking. However, DeVry University ranks between 119th and 157th in the regional ranking. It also holds the 102nd spot for top performers on social mobility.
Keller Graduate School of Management Times Higher Education Ranking
Keller Graduate School of Management does not have a Times Higher Education ranking. DeVry University also does not have a ranking on the page.
Keller Graduate School of Management Graduation Rate
Keller Graduate School of Management does not report an official graduation rate for its hybrid or online programs. Meanwhile, the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) reports separate overall graduation rates for the various DeVry University campus locations.
For example, the graduation rate for DeVry University Illinois is 42 percent, while the graduation rate for DeVry University Florida is 20 percent. However, note that these figures may not reflect the actual graduation rates of its MBA, master’s degree, or graduate certificate programs.
Keller Graduate School of Management Admissions
The admissions process for Keller Graduate School of Management is similar to other graduate college degree programs. It requires prospective students to have a relevant bachelor’s degree, a minimum 2.50 GPA, and GMAT or GRE test scores.
Students with lower GPAs or standardized test scores can take the Keller-administered test score exam to increase their chances of acceptance. DeVry University accepts GRE and GMAT scores valid for up to five years. Students are also eligible to transfer academic credits from a relevant undergraduate degree.
Keller Graduate School of Management Acceptance Rate
Keller Graduate School of Management does not report an acceptance rate for its master’s degrees and certificate programs. However, it has awarded more than 300,000 degrees and has a robust alumni network. The acceptance rate for DeVry University also differs from one location to another.
Its Florida location, for example, has an acceptance rate of 41 percent, and its Illinois campus has an acceptance of 46 percent, according to figures by NCES. Your acceptance into the Keller Graduate School of Management is dependent on your GPA, standardized test score, business skills, and overall college application.
Will You Get Into Keller Graduate School of Management?
Yes, you will get into Keller Graduate School of Management if you meet the school’s GPA, GRE or GMAT score, Keller-administered test score, and subject proficiency requirements. The school also accommodates applicants with low GPAs by administering their own proficiency exams. Its straightforward application process increases your chances of getting in.
How to Apply to Keller Graduate School of Management
- Gather the appropriate documents. The first step is to gather all your documents for your online application. You need to submit your bachelor’s degree, official transcript, and GRE or GMAT scores.
- Start your application. The next step is to begin your application. Students with less than a 2.5 GPAs should get in touch with DeVry University’s admissions department to find out if they are eligible to take the Keller-administered test.
- Choose your program. You can apply for a degree in accounting and financial management, business intelligence, or a business administration field. You can also apply for the school’s graduate certificate programs in healthcare, technology, and business fields. You should choose a program that best suits your desired career path.
- Submit all the required documents. Once you have chosen a program, you can submit all the required documents to complete your application. You can also include proof of your business skills, an admissions letter describing your passion for the program, and letters of recommendation to increase your chances of acceptance.
- Wait for a decision. After you submit your application, wait for a decision. Be sure to contact the school regarding the potential for credit transfer or for military training credits.
Keller Graduate School of Management Cost
|Expense||Keller Graduate School of Management Cost|
|Keller Graduate School of Management Undergraduate In-State Tuition and Fees||N/A|
|Keller Graduate School of Management Undergraduate Out-of-State Tuition and Fees||N/A|
|Keller Graduate School of Management Graduate In-State Tuition and Fees||$2,328/credit|
|Keller Graduate School of Management Graduate Out-of-State Tuition and Fees||$2,328/credit|
|Keller Graduate School of Management Books and Supplies||$160 – $280|
|Keller Graduate School of Management On-Campus Room and Board||Varies by location|
|Keller Graduate School of Management Off-Campus Room and Board||Varies by location|
The overall living expenses at Keller Graduate School of Management will vary depending on your choice of location and delivery methods. The standard tuition cost for all master’s degree programs at the school is $2,328 per credit for a three-semester degree plan. However, the prices for textbook materials, course fees, and required credit hours vary.
Your housing and food costs will also differ by your chosen DeVry University location. Online students can save on transportation, on-campus mandatory fees, and monthly rent. If you are a hybrid student, you can choose locations with a lower housing and living expense rates to save money.
"Career Karma entered my life when I needed it most and quickly helped me match with a bootcamp. Two months after graduating, I found my dream job that aligned with my values and goals in life!"
Venus, Software Engineer at Rockbot
Cost of Living in San Jose, California
DeVry University and its Keller Graduate School of Management have multiple locations across the United States. California offers the most campus locations for this school. According to PayScale, the cost of living in San Jose, California is 53 percent higher than the national average. The report further states that San Jose’s housing expenses are 143 percent higher than the national average.
However, simply using San Jose’s cost of living as the metric for Keller Graduate School of Management Education isn’t an accurate representation of your potential expenses. The school offers robust online degree programs which will allow you to avoid some expenses that on-campus students would incur.
Keller Graduate School of Management Financial Aid
Keller Graduate School of Management offers ample financial aid opportunities for women, students of color, and students requiring scholarships. It offers both government and private financial assistance programs. You can apply for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or federal grants.
DeVry University’s tuition assistance program can be used for your tuition and fees, room, transportation, books, and miscellaneous purposes. The school also offers ample military educational assistance benefits that offer funding for active duty service members, veterans, and the dependents of qualified military personnel.
Keller Graduate School of Management Scholarships
- Dennis Keller Scholarship. Scholarships, aids, and grants for master’s degrees can help you cover a bulk of the tuition costs. The Dennis Keller scholarship, for example, is offered by the school’s founder to students with high academic performance. Qualified students can get between $400 to $800 per semester for six semesters to apply to their tuition savings fund.
- Future Ready Transfer Scholarship. Keller Graduate School of Management also allows its eligible prospective students to transfer credits from their undergraduate credits. This future-ready transfer scholarship can be applied for military training transfer credits or college credits.
- Veterans Appreciation Grant for Graduate Students. This military and veterans tuition assistance scholarship offers an award of up to $4,500 which is equivalent to $500 every semester. It is offered to veterans from the United States navy, army, air force, national guard, marine corps, and reserved forces.
- Federal Grants. DeVry University offers several federal grant options including the FAFSA grant to its students. You can apply for the Federal Pell Grant Program to fund your undergraduate education at DeVry University. Keller students can apply for the federal work-study program to meet their financial requirements.
- Active Duty Military Graduate Program. If you are an active duty military service member or a spouse or a dependent of eligible military personnel, then this scholarship is for you. It offers a discounted tuition rate of $575 per credit. You can also apply for military training credits towards your master’s degree at Keller Graduate School of Management.
Keller Graduate School of Management Graduate Salaries and Outcomes
Keller Graduate School of Management does not report its graduate salaries and outcomes. However, using DeVry University’s graduate outcomes and salary ranges can offer some insights into the school’s student success rate.
According to College Scorecard, the typical earnings for DeVry University California students is $44,484 per year. This amount will vary from one location to another. However, Keller Graduate School of Management’s master’s and graduate certificate programs are designed to provide advanced knowledge and skills, which means you can likely find lucrative jobs in the relevant fields.
Students can access the school’s career preparation services that provide assistance in resume writing, job search process, networking opportunities, and salary negotiation advice. There is also coaching with career counselors available to allow for a seamless job placement process.
Keller Graduate School of Management Notable Alumni
Keller Graduate School has a large alumni network filled with countless success stories. The school offers reliable and flexible education suitable for busy professionals looking to advance in their careers. Some of its notable alumni are Jonathan Cwik and Omar Cruz.
Cwik is spearheading a startup called ShoppingGives that was first runner-up for the Best Tech Startup award at Chicago’s Tech in Motion Timmy Awards. Cruz is the Chief of Cyber Threat Management at FEMA and is a 2005 graduate. Today the school’s alumni work in business and tech innovation, career consulting, architecture, and software engineering fields.
Keller Graduate School of Management Campus Life
The campus life at the Keller Graduate School of Management coincides with the campus life at DeVry University’s multiple locations. The school offers several student-based support systems that cover financial aid, employment, tutoring, and career development sectors. It also offers on-demand etextbooks and elibrary programs for its online students.
For those interested in the school’s accounting and technology programs, its accounting and robotics clubs are worth looking into. The school works to create a positive environment for all. Its campus life also accommodates military and veteran students with its resource services and financial assistance benefits programs.
Keller Graduate School of Management Academics
Keller Graduate School of Management offers academic programs covering business, technology, accounting, and health care fields. It offers graduate-level programs that include graduate certificates and master’s degrees in an online or hybrid format.
You can get an online graduate certificate in information security, big data and analytics, entrepreneurship, project management, human resource management, global supply chain management, or health services management. The school also has a CPA preparation program.
Its master’s degree programs include 10 Master of Business Administration (MBA) specializations and other areas of study like administration, accounting, technology, and healthcare. Online students have access to 24/7 live tutoring, flexible class hours, financial aid, and transfer credit options.
Keller Graduate School of Management Colleges and Departments
|School or Department Name||Available Program Examples|
|Keller Graduate School of Management||Master of Business Administration|
|Keller Graduate School of Management||Master’s Degree in Accounting|
|Keller Graduate School of Management||Master’s Degree in Project Management|
|Keller Graduate School of Management||Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management|
|Keller Graduate School of Management||Graduate Certificate in Project Management|
|Keller Graduate School of Management||Graduate Certificate in Information Security|
Keller Graduate School of Management Faculty
The faculty members of Keller Graduate School of Management differ according to the location. Its Chicago faculty, for example, comprises seasoned instructors such as Bert Lindstorm, Tom Burt, and Ron Stien. According to Rate My Professors, this is a huge contributing factor that leads to a five-star instructor rating on the site.
Meanwhile, the same website also covers Keller’s Pomona, California location. The top three professors that received the highest ratings are Joel Fraziel, Sabrina Bitmayl, and Michael Kinnen. According to student reviews, these instructors are experts in their respective fields which lead to an amazing experience in spite of learning via online classes.
Popular Keller Graduate School of Management Majors
The most popular Keller Graduate School of Management majors are business and accounting programs. Getting a graduate degree or a certificate from this established school can help you venture into a wide range of tech or non-tech professions. Below are the best jobs you can get using your education from the Keller Graduate School.
Keller Graduate School of Management Master of Business Administration
This MBA program offers 10 specializations such as accounting, business intelligence and management, and finance. You can also specialize in supply chain management, health services, information systems management, or marketing. Getting an MBA can help you further refine your skills and prove your high-level competencies to potential employers.
Keller Graduate School of Management Master of Business Administration Jobs
- Business Operations Manager. A business operations manager oversees the supply chain, procurement, operations, and product development process at an organization. They are also responsible for budget management, recruitment, and task delegation.
- Information Technology Manager. Information technology managers are responsible for the overall IT operations. They oversee software development, product functionality, cyber security, and operations management. IT management can be a lucrative field to explore.
- Marketing Manager. If you opt for the marketing concentration, then you can land a marketing manager position. To become a marketing manager, you need to have the skills to execute effective advertisement campaigns, social media strategy, digital marketing, email marketing, and SEO initiatives.
Keller Graduate School of Management Master’s Degree in Accounting
This Master’s Degree in Accounting is best suited for those who want to become a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). It covers accounting theory, professional licensure requirements, accounting regulations, auditing, and financial reporting. Along with a master’s degree, you can also enroll in the school’s CPA preparation courses to ace your exam post-graduation.
Keller Graduate School of Management Master’s Degree in Accounting Jobs
- Account Manager. An account manager is in charge of the company’s financial, payroll, and account teams. They are also responsible for the billing, financial reporting, and collections teams.
- Certified Public Accountant. Enrolling in the accounting master’s program and the school’s CPA preparation graduate certificate program can help you land this job. As a CPA, you will work in tax accounting, financial analytics, accounting management, or auditing fields.
- Budget Director. This Master’s Degree in Accounting will provide you with the financial, business, management, and accounting skills needed to become a financial budget director. As a budget director, you are responsible for using the company’s cost-benefit analysis and policies to set the budget for a year.
Keller Graduate School of Management Master’s Degree in Project Management
Getting a Master’s Degree in Project Management can open up career opportunities across tons of lucrative fields. Depending on your professional and educational background, you can manage projects in the technology, healthcare, education, or business fields. This program covers innovative solution development, sociocultural factors, and leadership skills.
Keller Graduate School of Management Master’s Degree in Project Management Jobs
- Business Manager. A business manager is responsible for overseeing the overall operations and services of a business. They can manage a company’s marketing, budgeting, public relations, operations, or product development departments. A project management master’s paired with a business education will qualify you for this job.
- Product Manager. If you have a Bachelor’s in Software Development, Product Development, or in a relevant business operations tech field, then a project management master’s will help you land a product manager job. This job puts you in charge of software development, UX/UI design, and backend engineering teams.
- Operations Manager. A project management master’s degree can also help you qualify for an operations management position. You need to establish expertise in business administration, supply chain management, budget management, and human resources to land this job.
Keller Graduate School of Management Graduate Certificate in CPA Preparation
The CPA Prep online graduate certificate is suitable for accountants who want to become certified professionals. This certificate program prepares you for the CPA licensing exam by covering quantitative business analysis, accounting communication, and accounting standards. It also covers the CPA review exam to help you ace the Uniform CPA exam.
Keller Graduate School of Management Graduate Certificate in CPA Preparation Jobs
- Financial Manager. A CPA license, coupled with substantial experience and academic qualifications, can help you become a financial manager. Your job duties will cover budget allocation, financial report management, and financial advice.
- Auditor. An auditor is a financial inspector who is responsible for ensuring an organization’s financial documents are in accordance with the country’s law. They are experts in accounting, finance, accounting regulations, and financial reporting.
- Tax Consultant. Having a CPA license can help you start a credible and reputable financial consulting business. Tax consultants are financial advisors who provide help companies and individuals with their tax filing and tax benefits procedures.
Keller Graduate School of Management Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management
If you want to advance your career in recruiting, payroll, and employee management areas, then this human resource management graduate certificate is for you. It covers human resource leadership, strategic management, and performance measurements. It also offers specialization coursework covering finance, employment law, technology, and economics fields.
Keller Graduate School of Management Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management Jobs
- Human Resource Assistant. As a human resource assistant, you work under the organization’s human resource managers. You work with them across payroll, recruitment, employee grievances, company procedures, and employee training sectors.
- Benefits Coordinator. Benefits coordinators are responsible for communicating the company’s allocated rights and benefits to their employees. They can also deal with employee grievances, holiday allotment, and billing verification elements.
- Human Resource (HR) Manager. This job is a good match for people who want to transfer their HR graduate certificate credits into a human resource management master’s program. HR managers oversee the recruitment, payroll, benefits, contractual, and employee data teams.
Is Keller Graduate School of Management Worth It?
Yes, Keller Graduate School of Management is worth it for people looking for online and flexible higher-level degrees. The school only offers graduate-level programs and as such, may require some form of formal training or work experience for admissions.
The graduate school is also accredited and received positive reviews online for its quality instructors, curriculum, and learning environment. However, note that DeVry University’s Keller Graduate School of Management offers limited academic programs. It may not be a good option for people looking to get a graduate degree or certificate in fields outside of business.
Keller Graduate School of Management Review FAQ
Yes, Keller University is a real school and has been a part of DeVry University since 1987. It is currently known as the Keller Graduate School of Management. Keller University does not exist as an independent educational institution.
Yes, Keller Graduate School of Management programs are accredited under the same accrediting body as its parent school, DeVry University. DeVry and Keller’s graduate-level programs fall under the accreditation given by the Higher Learning Commission.
Keller Graduate School of Management offers graduate degrees and certificate programs in business, healthcare, accounting, and technology. You can get a Master of Business Administration with 10 specializations to choose from, or a master’s degree in high-growth fields. It also offers graduate certificates in CPA prep, human resource management, and project management.
Keller Graduate School of Management is a part of a multi-campus network under DeVry University, with various locations across the country. However, the graduate school offers flexible learning opportunities, allowing students to learn fully online. Some programs can also be taken in a hybrid format which sees a blend of remote and in-person learning.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.