If you’re looking for a new, Colorado-based job in 2022, check out the top 10 largest companies in Colorado, helpfully described in this article. The largest corporations in Colorado appear annually on the Fortune 500 list, and the Denver Post has also identified 150 great workplaces based in Colorado, making it a flourishing economic zone.
The state’s best workplaces offer an amazing business community climate, a great workforce, strong core values, and world-class research facilities. Plus, the area has high-performing academic institutions like the University of Northern Colorado. This article will describe the jobs available in Colorado and show you where to find Colorado jobs.
How We Defined the Largest Companies in Colorado
A company is categorized as a large business if its company profile shows an above-average operation, it hires at least 5,000 employees, and generates over a billion dollars in revenue. Large companies that made it to this list typically provide a wide range of products and services. We rounded up the biggest Colorado companies and ranked them in order of most to least employees.
The Top 10 Largest Companies in Colorado
|Rank||Company||City||Number of Employees|
|3||Catholic Health Initiatives||Englewood||78,000|
|8||Ing Security Life of Denver||Denver||56,000|
|9||American Medical Response (AMR)||Greenwood Village||38,000|
Macy’s Inc. is a leading retailer that provides luxury and affordable fashion items. It takes pride in giving jobs to 130,000 employees and providing best work practices. The average salary of Macy’s employees is $36,00 per year.
Macy’s has over 500 department stores in the US alone. Each store carries luxury and popular fashion brands like Versace, DKNY, and Free People. The annual revenue of Macy’s is around $25 billion. In 2020, it was recognized as the largest department store in the US by retail sales.
Jobs Available at Macy’s
- Team Manager. This job entails setting targets for the sales team, implementing the company’s guidelines, and supporting team members to deliver the expected output.
- Sales Representative. The primary task of sales representatives is to sell Macy’s products and services to customers and other businesses.
- Human Resources Coordinators. Human resources coordinators must cooperate with the human resources department, assist employees with workplace concerns, and administer background checks during the recruitment period.
Where to Find Macy’s Jobs
To find the latest job openings at Macy’s, go to their website and explore the Macy’s Careers page. From there, scroll down and click “Explore Jobs”. Type in the job title you are applying for and your preferred location. Click “All Jobs” or “New Jobs” to see all the available vacancies. You can also check out Macy’s on LinkedIn to find the available jobs in Colorado.
Colorado’s largest city, Denver, has several Macy’s outlets. You can also find Macy’s stores in Colorado Springs and Fort Collins. This department store is consistently hiring new talent for its Colorado-based teams.
81% of participants stated they felt more confident about their tech job prospects after attending a bootcamp. Get matched to a bootcamp today.
The average bootcamp grad spent less than six months in career transition, from starting a bootcamp to finding their first job.
RE/MAX is a real estate brokerage services franchisor. The company founders, Dave and Gail Liniger, started the company in Denver, Colorado in 1973. In 2016, it launched the ground-breaking mortgage network Motto Mortgage. It also acquired the real estate technology platform, booj, in 2018, cementing its leadership in the industry.
With around 100,000 employees, it is the second on the list of the Colorado top workplaces. Its annual revenue is $177 million. The average salary for Colorado-based employees is $59,000 per year with an employer benefits package.
A culture of integrity guides this company and it was ranked number nine on Zippia’s list of the best real estate companies to work for in Colorado. Within Zippia’s other lists of Colorado facts, RE/MAX is identified as the biggest company in Denver, Colorado.
Jobs Available at RE/MAX
- Marketing Director. Marketing directors manage a variety of business operations and provide property management services.
- Real Estate Agent. Real estate agents sell apartments, condos, residential housing, and other properties to individuals and businesses.
- Transaction Coordinator. Transaction coordinators at RE/MAX carry out commercial finance operations.
Where to Find RE/MAX Jobs
Go to the RE/MAX website and click “Careers” to become familiar with their guidelines for hiring employees. Scroll down and find “View Openings and Apply Here” to be redirected to the available jobs. You can also find the available jobs within Colorado’s top workplaces 2021 on Indeed.
3. Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI)
Another market leader in Colorado through its number of staff is Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI). This faith-based, non-profit health system operates in 18 states. It provides corporate philanthropy to focus on solving critical real-world problems, such as using its resources to fund cures for diseases.
CHI has 101 hospitals and clinics, comprised of major teaching hospitals, three academic health centers, and 30 critical-access facilities. In 2017, CHI delivered over $1.2 billion in financial assistance to the poor through human connections programs and services. CHI’s annual revenue is $15 billion.
Jobs Available at Catholic Health Initiatives
- Financial Analyst. Senior financial analysts collaborate with markets and other business partners to prepare and present financial plans.
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA). CNAs work under the supervision of registered nurses. They help nurses and doctors provide care to patients in hospitals.
- Insurance Follow-Up Representative. Insurance follow-up representatives communicate with both government and commercial insurance company clients. This is an entry-level healthcare insurance position.
Where to Find Catholic Health Initiatives Jobs
Zippia has an updated list of available jobs at CHI and other companies that made the list of Colorado’s top workplaces of 2021. You can also browse the LinkedIn account of Catholic Health Initiatives to find posted job vacancies.
- Career Karma matches you with top tech bootcamps
- Get exclusive scholarships and prep courses
DaVita is a top-notch kidney care provider in North America. It is a Fortune 500 firm that gives dialysis treatment to patients with end-stage renal disease and chronic kidney failure. Its innovative Denver health programs and initiatives make it the most-recognized health service provider in the country. One of its biggest shareholders is Berkshire Hathaway.
This company boasts 2,500 treatment centers nationwide, with annual revenue of $11.4 billion. The average employee at DaVita earns $52,829 per year. It ranked number three in Zippia’s list of Colorado’s biggest companies and it also came in at number two in Zippia’s compilation of the best Fortune 500 companies to work for in Denver, Colorado.
Jobs Available at DaVita
- Senior Software Engineer. Senior software engineers lead engineering teams involved in software development projects.
- Staff Nurse. Registered nurses work in a clinical setting and provide professional services to patients.
- Renal Social Worker. Social workers are part of a generous community of support workers that provide advice to patients and educate their family members about coping with kidney disease.
Where to Find DaVita Jobs
You can start your career journey at DaVita by going to its website and clicking on “Careers”. Browse jobs by category or get a tailored job suggestion based on your skills. You can also check out the list of DaVita vacancies at Zippia.
5. JBS USA
JBS Foods USA is the second leading beef, pork, and chicken producer in the country. It has 78,000 employees and is headquartered in Greeley, Colorado. The average JBS USA employee earns $37,247 every year. JBS USA has a $27.8 billion annual revenue. JBS ranked number two in Zippia’s list of the best companies to work for in Greeley, CO.
Jobs Available at JBS USA
- Network Engineer. Network engineers are responsible for managing, monitoring, and upgrading the features of a network system.
- Project Administrator. These professionals help project managers prepare, report, and analyze projects.
- Buyer. The tasks of buyers at JBS USA are to source out various products and compare the best resources that would suit the clients’ needs.
Where to Find JBS USA’s Jobs
To find employment at JBS USA, go to the JBS website’s “Career” page and click “USA Jobs”. Browse the categories and get hired to help this company feed the world. You can also browse Zippia, Indeed, or Glassdoor to find posts from one of Colorado’s top workplaces.
Centene is a multinational, diversified, Fortune 25 healthcare company. It offers a portfolio of essential services to improve Denver’s health and wellness programs. The company’s depth of resources creates a great working environment and employer benefits for its 65,000 employees. The average salary per year of Centene employees is $52,799. Its annual revenue is $74.6 billion.
Jobs Available at Centene
- Clinical Pharmacist. Clinical pharmacists collaborate with medical professionals and patients to find the best medication to suit their needs.
- Oracle Database Administrator. These professionals install, manage, troubleshoot, and update databases. They typically need an Oracle Database Certification.
- Business Analyst. Business analysts at Centene provide analysis on business practices and markets to help stakeholders and executives make informed decisions.
Where to Find Centene Jobs
Visit Centene’s website and check the available positions in Denver healthcare, clinical, customer service, information technology, finance and actuarial, and business development and sales.
7. Teletech Holdings (TTEC)
TTEC is a company focused on global customer (CX) technology and services. The average salary of employees at TTEC is $26,085 per year. TTEC is one of Colorado’s biggest technology companies. It has 61,000 employees and earns a yearly revenue of $1.9 billion.
Jobs Available at Teletech Holdings
- Quality Assurance Specialist. The role of QA specialists is to monitor, inspect, and propose measures to improve the products of the company.
- Account Manager. Account managers represent the firm to clients and provide services that meet their needs.
- Trainer. Trainers at TTEC work on the Customer Management Services team. They instill knowledge and provide process strategies to employees and clients.
Where to Find Teletech Holdings Jobs
Find your dream job at TTEC by checking their website and searching for the “Career Paths” page. From there, you will see different job categories. You can filter by location to find a remote job opportunity or an open position in your city.
8. ING Security Life of Denver
This Dutch company is a multinational banking and financial services company that earns $21.1 billion in annual revenue. It has 54,000 Denver employees. It ranked number 17 on Zippia’s list of the best companies to work for in Colorado. Employees at ING Security Life of Denver earn a yearly income of $81,884.
Jobs Available at ING Security Life of Denver
- Financial Advisor. Financial advisors work with clients to make suggestions for investing, saving, and money managing. They provide advisory services to clients.
- Finance Analyst. Financial analysts look at financial data to help executives make informed financial and business decisions.
- Sales Associate. Sales associates promote ING products. They work to find new clients for the company.
Where to Find ING Security Life of Denver Jobs
Go to the ING company website and browse the “Careers” page to find job opportunities, or check out its LinkedIn account and see available jobs there. You can also browse ING Security Life of Denver job posts on Zippia.
"Career Karma entered my life when I needed it most and quickly helped me match with a bootcamp. Two months after graduating, I found my dream job that aligned with my values and goals in life!"
Venus, Software Engineer at Rockbot
9. American Medical Response (AMR)
AMR’s mission is to provide medical response solutions to this region of North America. It has well-trained caregivers and first responders for medical emergencies. Its customer service is excellent, which is crucial to contact center solutions. This medical transportation company earns $860 million in revenue per year. The annual average salary of its employees is $33,651.
Jobs Available at American Medical Response
- Registered Nurse. Registered nurses provide general care to patients at hospitals and health clinics. They assist doctors by performing the day-to-day activities needed to keep patients healthy and comfortable. Nurses need excellent communication skills.
- Critical Care Nurse. Critical care nurses provide medical assistance to patients suffering from life-threatening illnesses.
- Paramedic. Paramedics are first responders that provide emergency care to those who cannot drive themselves to a hospital.
Where to Find American Medical Response Jobs
Join AMR’s mighty team by browsing its website and navigating to its “Career/Training” page.
10. Pilgrim’s Pride
Pilgrim’s Pride is an international food company headquartered in Greeley, Colorado. This company is one of the top producers of chicken food products in the US. The annual salary of the average employee at Pilgrim’s Pride is $32,257. Its annual revenue is $11.4 billion. It is ranked number one in Zippia’s list of the best companies to work for in Greeley, Colorado.
Jobs Available at Pilgrim’s Pride
- Plant Manager. Plant managers are responsible for a food production plant’s whole operations.
- Production Supervisor. Production supervisors oversee the entire production process. They are responsible for employee safety.
- Truck Driver. Truck drivers work across the country transporting Pilgrim’s Pride products to restaurants and grocery stores.
Where to Find Pilgrim’s Pride Jobs
Click the Pilgrim’s Pride “Careers” category on its website to explore all available positions that match your skills. You can apply for corporate, operational, or hourly production careers.
Do Any Large Companies in Colorado Hire Bootcamp Grads?
Colorado tech companies hire graduates from top coding bootcamps. Denver companies like Ibotta, the US Army, and Charter Communications all hire bootcamp graduates. They believe that graduates of brief, employment-focused training programs are ready for employment.
Largest Companies in Colorado FAQs
Right now, there are 10 Fortune 500 companies in Colorado and all of them are based in Denver. These companies are Arrow Electronics, Dish Network Corporation, Qurate Retail, Ball, VF, DaVita, Newmont, Liberty Media, DCP Midstream, and Ovintiv.
The top three fastest-growing industries in Colorado are the financial activities, professional and business services, and trade, transportation, and utilities industries. The food and drink services industry is also growing exponentially within Colorado.
The prime driver of the economy in Colorado is manufacturing. This sector is dominated by Fortune 500 and start-up industrial companies in North America. The industrial employer list continues to grow as more industrial companies from other areas of the globe pick Colorado as their base of operations.
The major employers in Colorado are Denver International Airport, HealthONE Corporation, Lockheed Martin, Centura Health, SCL Systems, Advanced Energy Industries, Vestas Blades America, Ball Corporation, and other industrial companies.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.