Most people want to work for huge corporations as doing so lends credibility. If you live in Florida and you’re looking for information on the largest companies in Florida, you’ve come to the right place. This guide will help you find the job that is right for you.
How We Defined the Largest Companies in Florida
We’ve rated the largest corporations in Florida based on the number of employees. Large organizations typically hire lots of people to enhance productivity. As a result, we’ve categorized the company profiles from most to least employees to provide you with essential facts about the largest corporations in Florida.
The Top 10 Largest Companies in Florida
|Rank||Company||City||Number of Employees|
|4.||SFN Group||Fort Lauderdale||171,000|
|7.||Navarro Discount Pharmacies||Miami||80,000|
|8.||Royal Caribbean Group||Miami||77,000|
|9.||Tyco Integrated Security||Boca Raton||10,000|
|10.||G4S Secure Solutions||Jupiter||3,500|
Publix Super Markets, Inc., mostly known as Publix, is an employee-owned American supermarket company with its corporate headquarters in Lakeland, Central Florida. With 225,000 employees and annual revenue of about $36.1 billion, they have been part of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For list for 23 years in a row.
Publix, the largest company in Florida, is committed to its customers, associates, the environment, and the communities it serves.
Jobs Available at Publix
- Senior Android developer. With a degree in management information systems and experience developing apps in Java or Kotlin, you can work in the information systems department at Publix. Your role will involve designing, developing, testing, and maintaining the Publix mobile application features.
- Strategy support team leader. You’ll assist Publix business units with project management and team facilitation as a strategy team leader. You’ll create business plans and implement business strategies across the entire company while keeping project expenses low.
- Facilities remodel designer. This job involves, but is not limited to, developing a scope of work, drafting design development plans, reviewing construction documents for accuracy, and serving as a single point of contact for internal and external business partners to provide direction and resolve design issues throughout construction and after a remodel.
Where to Find Publix Jobs
On Publix’s website, you can search for entry-level to senior-level jobs.
Jabil is a product solutions company that specializes in design, manufacturing, supply chain management, technical data, and product management. Employees stay with the company for ]3.6 years, on average. Jabil’s yearly pay is about $56,738, which is above average for its industry and location.
Jabil is a market leader with 200,001 people and $27.3 billion in annual revenue, based in St. Petersburg, Florida. On the list of the 19 Best Fortune 500 Companies to Work For in Florida, Jabil ranks in eighth place.
81% of participants stated they felt more confident about their tech job prospects after attending a bootcamp. Get matched to a bootcamp today.
The average bootcamp grad spent less than six months in career transition, from starting a bootcamp to finding their first job.
Jobs Available at Jabil
- Buyer. A buyer’s job involves purchasing all necessary components for production or prototype projects. Additional buyer responsibilities include achieving the best possible pricing and lead time agreements and resolving quality and supply issues.
- Platform architect. A platform architect will be responsible for the strategic architecture and transformation of assigned platforms, as well as related approaches, tools, and technologies. This job requires a strong understanding of software engineering and architectural principles and approaches.
Where to Find Jabil Jobs
Job listings are available on the Jabil Careers section of their website.
Darden Restaurants is a chain of full-service restaurants located in Orlando, Florida. Except for three restaurants in Florida and California, the company owns and runs all of its restaurants in North America. Darden Restaurants employs around 185,000 people, making it one of the top 50 private employers in the United States. Darden Restaurants employees earn an average of $24,311 yearly, and the company generates $7.8 billion in annual revenue.
Jobs Available at Darden Restaurants
- Restaurant manager. Your role as a restaurant manager is to lead and motivate your service and culinary teams to provide excellent customer service. You will establish clear expectations, maintain open lines of communication, recognize and reward outstanding work. You will also make sure that the meals, assistance, people, and environment are all of the highest quality.
- IT rollout project leader. The IT rollout project leader is responsible for developing and implementing rollout, redesign, and acquisition procedures, methodologies, and practices. This person will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining effective and meaningful rollout plans and checklists for vendor technicians and checkout resources.
- Sous chef. The sous chef assists the executive chef in directing a team of culinary professionals who offer high-quality, great-tasting meals, as well as proper food safety and sanitation standards.
Where to Find Darden Restaurant Jobs
You can discover Darden Restaurant jobs on job search websites like Indeed and the company’s website.
SFN Group, Inc. is a part of the employment services industry, with its headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It employs 171,000 people across all locations and has a revenue of $1.82 billion. The SFN Group corporate family consists of 4,580 firms.
The SFN Group is a well-known company that offers diversified services and corporate solutions. This well-known corporation prefers to hire University of Florida graduates, as 9.1 percent of its workforce has graduated from the university.
Jobs Available at SFN Group
- Senior C# software engineer. This remote job entails migrating Python code to a C#.NET Core Microservice architecture. The ideal candidate should be fluent in C#.NET Core microservices and have some Python experience. Maintaining a transitioning Python codebase will be required.
- Customer service and sales representative. The primary responsibility of this position is to make outbound calls and speak with small businesses to see if they are interested in learning more about Small Group plans. If they are interested, the representative will forward their information to a broker to contact them. You can work from anywhere in the United States as long as you have a good internet connection.
- Machine operator. You can work as a machine operator with a high school diploma. Operating machinery, accurately entering information into production systems, evaluating supplies, goods, and equipment to find defects or malfunctions will be among your duties.
Where to find SFN Group Jobs
SFN jobs can be found on job search websites.
Bloomin’ Brands, a casual dining enterprise, is one of the world’s largest, with over 1,500 restaurants in 48 states, 21 countries, and 93,000 employees. Bloomin’ Brands is based in Tampa, Central Florida, and has a yearly revenue of $4.2 billion.
- Career Karma matches you with top tech bootcamps
- Get exclusive scholarships and prep courses
The organization has a high retention rate, with employees staying on average for 5.4 years. Bloomin’ Brands’ employees earn an average annual salary of $47,140, which is considered competitive for this industry.
Jobs Available at Bloomin’ Brands
- To-go specialist. A to-go specialist’s tasks include creating great first and last impressions, using food and beverage menu experiences to discuss preferences and give recommendations, anticipating requirements, processing guests’ orders, and receiving payment in a courteous and timely manner.
- Restaurant manager. A restaurant manager is responsible for overseeing all employees and maintaining high-quality standards. They are also in charge of hiring, development, counseling, promoting products and services, implementing disciplinary measures, and terminating employees if needed.
- Regional sales associate. The regional sales associate is in charge of increasing sales and traffic for the organization. The ideal candidate should use standard and non-traditional sales approaches to find new clients through sales calls, networking, advertising, and social media.
Where to Find Bloomin’ Brand Jobs
You can find available jobs on their official website and job search platforms.
Connectivity is a tech company that provides customer intelligence solutions by enabling organizations to access all statistics to discover their most significant clients, define company profiles, comprehend customer opinions, and identify competitors.
Despite being a newly established company, Connectivity is considered a great workplace. It is listed on Zippia’s list of the 6 Best Companies to Work For in Lauderhill, Florida. The average annual salary at Connectivity is $43,169. Based in South Florida, Connectivity is an industry leader with 80,000 employees and $12.2 billion in yearly revenue.
Jobs Available at Connectivity
- Senior software engineer. This job involves producing and implementing functional software solutions. Your goal as a senior software engineer will be to create high-quality software in line with individual users’ needs and company objectives.
Where to find Connectivity Jobs
Job listings from Connectivity can be found on the Careers section of their website.
Navarro Discount Pharmacies
Navarro Discount Pharmacy is a Hispanic-focused retail drugstore chain situated in South Florida. Navarro stores, which have 33 locations within convenient driving distance of the areas they serve, provide a full-service pharmacy staffed by bilingual health care specialists and a wide range of merchandise, including Hispanic specialty items.
Navarro is one of the major distributors of various products and services not seen in traditional drugstores, including designer fragrances and a vast array of over-the-counter pharmaceuticals and vitamins. In September 2014, CVS Health bought Navarro, demonstrating the company’s strength and commitment to remaining a trusted retail health care partner in the South Florida region.
Jobs Available at Navarro Discount Pharmacies
- Operations manager. The operations manager is a member of the store management team. As a result, they aid customers in their quest for better health by enhancing store performance while focusing on a great customer experience.
- Customer care. Working in customer services entails being the company’s face and the main point of contact. You will be the one who listens to customers when they call, and you will use your skills and knowledge to give customers simplified solutions.
- Staff pharmacist. As a staff pharmacist, you will play a crucial role in treating patients. One of the most critical aspects of the pharmacist’s job is to keep your patients healthy by implementing and managing patient care programs. This position requires an active pharmacy license in the state where you work.
Where to Find Navarro Discount Pharmacy Jobs
Jobs for the Navarro Discount Pharmacy are available on the Jobs section of their website.
Royal Caribbean Group
The Royal Caribbean Group, formerly known as Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., has a high employee retention rate, with employees staying with the company for around 4.7 years. The typical employee earns $38,754 per year. The Royal Caribbean Group, located in Miami, Florida, is an industry leader with 77,000 employees and $11.0 billion in yearly revenue.
Jobs Available at the Royal Caribbean Group
- Full stack developer. As a full stack developer, you will be in charge of successfully designing, implementing, and monitoring online applications and database systems. You will be an essential part of Trade Support and Service’s everyday activities. A bachelor’s degree in computer science or any related field and a minimum of two years of experience is required for this job.
- Engagement specialist. The engagement specialist responds to many internal and external client demands. They will quickly resolve all passenger, travel agent, and ship-board issues and concerns, offering instant access for resolution while providing customized, informed, genuine, and world-class services in line with the company’s goals.
- Brand and campaign manager. In collaboration with the creative team, media agency, and internal stakeholders, the brand and campaign manager develops strategic and tactical material for the Celebrity Cruises brand, as well as overseeing the execution of go-to-market strategies across both paid and owned channels.
Where to Find Royal Caribbean Group Jobs
Jobs from this company are available on job search websites.
Tyco Integrated Security
Tyco Integrated Security, located in Boca Raton, Florida, with a passion for advancing the security industry, delivers innovative business solutions to assist organizations in security issues, safeguard their people, customers, facilities, assets, inventories, procedures, and operations.
"Career Karma entered my life when I needed it most and quickly helped me match with a bootcamp. Two months after graduating, I found my dream job that aligned with my values and goals in life!"
Venus, Software Engineer at Rockbot
Tyco Integrated Security is a well-established company with 69,000 employees earning an average of $59,463 per year and $79 million in annual revenue.
Jobs Available at Tyco Integrated Security
- Entry-level test engineer. As a test engineer, you will work with a strong team of architects, scientists, product managers, UI/UX professionals, software, hardware, and QA engineers to power next-generation access control and video solutions using cutting-edge technology.
- Material handler. The materials handler transports products to industrial assembly locations utilizing a lift truck. Other responsibilities also include shipping and receiving supplies, resources, and products and maintaining accurate records.
- Security service technician. A service technician locates and resolves problems with damaged equipment or wiring, readjusts equipment, repairs or replaces inoperable equipment, tests it, and creates forms to record temporary maintenance issues.
Where to Find Tyco Integrated Security Jobs
You can find Tyco Integrated Security jobs on job search platforms.
G4S Secure Solutions
G4S aims to protect the wellbeing and prosperity of millions of people worldwide by offering diversified services, corporate solutions, and creating safer and better living and working environments. G4S Secure Solutions, located in Jupiter, Florida, with additional offices in the United Kingdom, is a large professional firm with 3,500 employees and $3.1 billion in yearly revenue.
Employees stay for an average of 4.2 years at the company. G4S Secure Solutions pays its employees an average of $34,319 per year.
Jobs Available at G4S Secure Solutions
- Mechanical and electrical engineer. Working with the hard services manager, the mechanical and electrical engineer assists in delivering maintenance services following contract agreements and ensures that the service they provide is complete and within the specified timeframes and financial targets.
- Town enquiry officer. A town enquiry officer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, dealing with the publics’ and their colleagues’ inquiries in person and over the phone, as well as providing advice on a variety of themes such as crime, crime prevention, and the usage of support groups.
- Marketing coordinator. The marketing coordinator plays a major role in designing and developing all marketing programs, campaigns, visuals, and collateral. This position demands someone to handle marketing projects, take the initiative, and solve problems.
Where to Find G4S Secure Solutions Jobs
You can find G4S Secure Solutions jobs through job search links or their website.
Do Any Large Companies in Florida State Hire Bootcamp Grads?
Yes, the largest companies in Florida State hire bootcamp graduates. Large tech companies, small tech startups, and non-tech companies, some of which are part of Florida’s biggest companies, have several bootcamp graduates in their workforce.
Largest Companies in Florida FAQ
You can apply for any job at any of the companies by visiting their official websites or checking job listings on job search platforms.
The company will request personal information such as your name, address, and phone number. You will also need to supply details about your education and previous work experience, as well as contact information for your previous employers and references.
Applying for many positions has no adverse effects. However, we recommend applying for available positions only if you have the necessary experience, abilities, and education as outlined in the job listing. You will have the highest chance of being invited for an interview if you do this.
Some well-known companies relocating to Florida include Citadel, Blackstone, R&B Realty Group, and Goldman Sachs.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.