New Jersey is located in the northeastern part of the United States. Its state capital is Trenton, with its most prominent cities being Newark and Jersey City. It is the 11th most populous and the most densely populated state. This article will fill you in on the largest companies in New Jersey and where to find New Jersey jobs.
How We Defined the Largest Companies in New Jersey
There are a lot of organizations in New Jersey. However, to determine the largest companies, we focused on the firms headquartered in New Jersey and the number of employees a company has. Hence, we narrowed our search down to the top 10 largest companies, with Securitas USA coming in first with over 335,945 employees.
The Top 10 Largest Companies in New Jersey
|Rank||Company||City||Number of Employees|
|1||Securitas USA||Parsippany-Troy Hills||355,000|
|3.||Panasonic Corporation of North America||Newark||244,000|
|4.||Wipro USA||East Brunswick||220,000|
|6.||Johnson and Johnson||New Brunswick||130,000|
|7.||Novartis US||East Hanover||125,000|
|8.||BMW US||Woodcliff Lake||120,726|
1. Securitas USA
This is one of the biggest companies in New Jersey, with 355,000 employees. Founded in 1934, Securitas Security Services provides custom security and guarding solutions. Its mission and company culture are focused on protecting people, assets, homes, workplaces, and communities, through excellent security services.
Jobs Available at Securitas USA
- Account manager: An account manager is a person who works for a company and manages sales and relationships with customers. Account managers do not control the company’s accounts, but rather the assigned client’s account.
- Security officer: A security officer’s responsibilities include patrolling the property, monitoring surveillance equipment, checking buildings and equipment, and reporting loss and damage to prevent further problems.
- Security site supervisor: A security site supervisor’s work is straightforward as they are responsible for maintaining the safety and security of the company premises, including its employees and assets.
Where to Find Securitas USA Jobs
You can find open jobs at Securitas Services USA on various platforms, including their website and others like Zippia and Indeed.
Cognizant is a company that provides information technology, business process outsourcing, and consulting services and has 296,500 employees. Founded in 1996, Cognizant is headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey, and is ranked 195 on the Fortune 500 list of 2018. It is considered one of the most admired companies in the world, according to Zippia.
Jobs Available at Cognizant
- Program manager: Program managers coordinate activities between multiple projects. They are in charge of planning programs and events in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization for which they work.
- Senior consultant: The job responsibilities of a senior consultant include analyzing business data, observing various departments’ operations, and interviewing employees.
- Business analyst: A business analyst has varying job duties like conducting research and analysis to come up with solutions to business problems, evaluating business processes, analyzing financial reports, and doing market research.
Where to Find Cognizant Jobs
You can find open jobs for Cognizant on the career section of its website. You can also find opportunities on Zippia, LinkedIn, and Glassdoor.
3. Panasonic Corporation of North America
Panasonic Corporation of North America is a technology company that focuses on smart mobility, consumer lifestyles, entertainment, and sports technologies. Headquartered in New Jersey and founded in 1759, Panasonic is home to about 244,000 employees and has an annual revenue of $73 billion.
Jobs Available at Panasonic Corporation of North America
- Lead software engineer: A lead software engineer produces and implements functional software solutions. They are responsible for creating and designing software applications and systems.
- Operations specialist: An operations specialist’s tasks lie with managing the varying departments’ workflow, tracking and reporting on performances, and offering actionable advice and improvements.
- Marketing manager: A marketing manager is responsible for managing, promoting, and positioning a brand or the products and services that their company sells.
Where to Find Panasonic Corporation of North America Jobs
Open and available jobs at Panasonic Corporation of North America can be found on its website, Indeed, Jobvite, and Glassdoor.
4. Wipro USA
Wipro USA is an information and technology company that has its US headquarters in East Brunswick, New Jersey. It was founded by Rishad Premji and Mohamed Premji. Wipro offers financial, retail, healthcare, and media services. Wipro is a leader in its industry, boasting over 220,000 employees, and has an annual revenue of $10 billion.
Jobs Available at Wipro
- System administrator: System administrators have specific job responsibilities as their primary task is to install, upgrade, and monitor software and hardware.
- Database administrator: Database administrators are responsible for managing and maintaining company databases.
- Customer service specialists: The responsibility of a customer service specialist is to process complaints and issues related to products or services.
Where to Find Wipro Jobs
You can find Wipro jobs at Zippia, LinkedIn, and the company’s website.
Founded in September 1929 in London, Unilever was formed by a merger of the Dutch Margarine Unie and British soapmaker the Lever Brothers company, hence, its unique name. Unilever is a consumer goods company with its North American headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey. Some of its products include condiments, ice cream, minerals and supplements, and tea.
Jobs Available at Unilever
- Lead software engineer: A lead software engineer produces and implements functional software solutions. They are responsible for the creation and design of software applications and systems.
- Optometrist: An optometrist is responsible for recognizing and treating common eye conditions.
- Manager: A manager has to plan, organize, direct, control resources, manage staff and varying departmental activities.
Where to Find Unilever Jobs
You can find Unilever’s job openings on its website, Zippia, and LinkedIn.
6. Johnson and Johnson
Founded in 1886 by the three Johnson brothers, it first began as a producer of dressings and had 14 employees. However, today, Johnson and Johnson boasts around 130,000 employees and an annual revenue of $82.6 billion.
Jobs Available at Johnson and Johnson
- Peer support specialist: A peer support specialist is a person who has recovered from mental illness and is employed to assist others in their journey. Their role is to empower individuals to achieve their goals and dreams.
- Associate brand manager: An associate brand manager helps the brand manager in a company. Their role is to execute brand growth strategies and manage the day-to-day operations of a company.
- Senior director: A senior director’s role is diverse, but among some of their duties are strategizing, creating, and overseeing departments and projects, taking corrective actions if need be, and overseeing the work of all managers.
Where to Find Johnson and Johnson Jobs
There are various ways to find Johnson and Johnson jobs but checking some specific websites will let you know the current job openings and the qualifications required. Its website is an excellent place to start, and other websites like Zippia, LinkedIn, and Glassdoor will also help you find a job at Johnson and Johnson.
The official founding date of BMW is 7 March 1916 though its name dates back to 1917, meaning Bayerische Motoren Werke. In 1978, BMW released its first road car, and today its North American headquarters are located in Woodcliff, New Jersey. The company currently has about 120,726 employees and an annual revenue of $113,026 million.
Jobs Available at BMW
- Truck driver: A truck driver drives and operates trucks, loads, and unloads cargoes and is responsible for the essential maintenance of the truck.
- Sales associate: A sales associate assists customers throughout their buying experience. They are responsible for greeting customers, helping them find whatever they need, or teaching them how to use various products.
- Service advisor: A service advisor works for automotive repair shops or car dealerships and is responsible for improving customer service by working with customers to determine their vehicle problems and estimate the repair timeline.
Where to Find BMW Jobs
There are varying ways to find a job at this company offline and online, but if you are looking for a job at BMW, its website is an excellent place to start. Twitter, LinkedIn, and Indeed are also good websites to help you find a BMW job that is the right fit for you.
8. Novartis US
In March 1996, Ciba-Geigy merged with Sandoz to form Novartis as an independent entity. Novartis is one of the world’s largest healthcare companies. Both Swiss companies’ agrochemical and pharmaceutical divisions made Novartis the company it is today. Some notable and recent achievements of Novartis include the company being recognized as a Bronze COVID Champion in 2021 by the Learning Performance Institute. The company was also ranked number three globally by the Association of Talent Developers.
Jobs Available at Novartis US
- Associate director: An associate director holds a senior position in a company and reports directly to the director. They typically work in organizations that require more management levels and are in charge of creative decisions.
- Technician: A technician’s job varies, and some of their duties are monitoring and servicing systems, diagnosing problems, and troubleshooting equipment.
- Bioprocess engineer: A bioprocess engineer works closely with the research team and is responsible for troubleshooting and monitoring equipment all through the production process. They may also be responsible for collecting, analyzing, and presenting data to the research team.
Where to Find Novartis US Jobs
There are many ways to find a job offline and online at Novartis, but its website is a great place to start if you are looking for how to get a job here. Zippia, LinkedIn, and Indeed are also excellent websites for Novartis jobs.
9. Hoffmann-La Roche
Founded in 1986 by Fritz La Roche, this company produces various vitamin products. In 1905 the American branch of La Roche was created in Nutley, New Jersey. There are many notable achievements of Hoffman-La Roche, such as being the first to produce massively synthetic vitamin C and formulating the first antidepressants in 1956. The company continues to search for improved ways to prevent, diagnose and treat various diseases.
Jobs Available at Hoffmann-La Roche
- Clinical research associate: They work primarily for pharmaceutical companies and are responsible for organizing and administering clinical trials of new or current drugs to evaluate the benefits and risks of usage.
- Automation tester: An automation tester has the responsibility of designing and developing programs that conduct automatic tests on new and existing software.
- Solutions architect: A solutions architect is responsible for evaluating an organization’s business needs, delivering architectural artifacts, and assisting in the establishment of an IT culture.
Where to Find Hoffmann-La Roche Jobs
You can find available and open jobs for La Roche on its website and job boards like LinkedIn, jobs.ch, and Zippia.
Conduent is a business service provider founded in 2017 and headquartered in Florham Park, New Jersey. It operates in about 22 countries with approximately 63,000 employees and provides food stamps, patient support, and medical billings.
Jobs Available at Conduent
- Customer service representative: A customer service representative helps customers with complaints and questions and offers them information about the company’s products and services.
- Customer call service associate: The responsibilities and duties of a customer call service associate include listening to customers’ concerns, handling complaints and returns, working with the sales team to improve on methods used to address customer complaints, and referring customers to superiors if the need arises.
- Data entry operator: The role of a data entry operator is to prepare, compile, and sort documents for data entry. They also have the responsibility of verifying and logging in receipts of data.
Where to Find Conduent Jobs
If you’re looking for open and available jobs at Conduent, its website is the best place. Other sources for finding Conduent jobs are Glassdoor, Indeed, and LinkedIn.
Do Any Large Companies in New Jersey Hire Bootcamp Grads?
Yes, large companies in New Jersey hire bootcamp grads, for example, Amazon. While most companies do not advertise that they hire bootcamp graduates, many Jersey City bootcamps offer you job opportunities after your graduation, so you can be sure that you will get hired by a large company in New Jersey.
A coding bootcamp is perfect for people who do not have funds for a traditional school, want to get into tech in a short time, and need the proper certifications to land themselves their dream job. This means that a bootcamp gives you the same skills a college graduate has. Therefore, even if large companies do not advertise hiring bootcamp graduates, you can be confident that you will land an excellent job in a good company.
Bonus: 3 More Large Companies in New Jersey You Should Know About
|Company||City||Number of Employees|
|Bed Bath & Beyond||Union||36,600|
|Campbell Soup Company||Camden||14,100|
Burlington, previously known as Burlington coat factory, is a department store company headquartered in Burlington, New Jersey. There are 740 Burlington stores nationwide and in Puerto Rico. Although Burlington was once known for its wide range of styles of coats, it has now expanded to a variety of clothing, accessories, shoes, and household items.
"Career Karma entered my life when I needed it most and quickly helped me match with a bootcamp. Two months after graduating, I found my dream job that aligned with my values and goals in life!"
Venus, Software Engineer at Rockbot
Jobs Available at Burlington
- Exclusive administrative assistant: Responsibilities for this role involve creating, maintaining, and communicating spreadsheets that record important business-related data. It also involves arranging meetings, events, and programs, as well as other administrative activities.
- Management of Architecture: This role requires you to work closely with other architectural teams, landlords, and managers. It involves developing and maintaining schedules, agreements, relationships, and other variables that affect the development of new Burlington stores.
- Warehouse Maintenance Technician. In this role, you are responsible for maintaining and operating machinery and systems that are involved in maintaining the warehouse. You would also be responsible for implementing preventative measures and making repairs when necessary.
Where to Find Burlington Jobs
You can find available Burlington jobs on its website under Careers, or on job boards like Indeed.
2. Bed Bath & Beyond
Bed Bath & Beyond is a retail store and company with 1,530 stores throughout North America. It is known for home decor, appliances, bedding, bathroom furnishings, and other home-related goods.
Jobs Available at Bed Bath & Beyond
- Retail Department Supervisor: As the retail department supervisor, you’re expected to be well-versed in Bed Bath & Beyond products and inventories, in order to manage the merchandise department and support staff.
- Director of Accounting: The director of accounting is responsible for planning, maintaining, and accounting for the financial wellbeing of the company. They’re also required to have at least a bachelor’s degree in accounting, 10 years of experience, and excellent leadership skills.
- Web Performance Architect: Due to the highly technical nature of the associate tasks and responsibilities, the web performance architect is required to have at least seven years of experience as a performance instrumentation engineer. Duties include designing, developing, testing, and debugging the ecommerce codebase.
Where to Find Bed Bath & Beyond Jobs
You can find available open retail positions, corporate careers, and other Bed Bath & Beyond jobs on its website under Store Careers.
3. Campbell Soup Company
Campbell Soup Co., more commonly referred to as Campbell, is headquartered in Camden, New Jersey and is a company that specializes in canned soup and other processed food products.
Jobs Available at Campbell Soup Company
- HR Manager: The HR manager should be committed to the company as a business partner would be. They are in charge of developing strategies that will further the success of Cambell Soup Company.
- Customer Supply Chain Manager: The customer supply chain manager uses their extensive knowledge of the company to come up with solutions that address supply chain inventory, product management, and other customer-related concerns.
- Payroll Analyst: The payroll analyst is tasked with overseeing hourly wages, salaries, and overall payroll activities across multiple states and countries. You should be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly experienced for this position.
Where to Find Campbell Soup Company Jobs
To find and apply for Campbell jobs, visit its website and navigate to Careers at Campbell.
Largest Companies in New Jersey FAQ
Fortune 500 released its annual list of the top 500 companies in America in 2021, and 28 of these companies have their headquarters in New Jersey.
According to NJBIZ’s Best Places to Work in New Jersey in 2021, the number one company to work for was Foster Mckay, a staffing company in New Jersey.
New Jersey’s largest industries are financial services, transportation, logistics, and life sciences.
New Jersey is home to about 861,000 businesses, and it ranks 11th in the number of small firms in the US.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.