Texas is one of the largest and most populated states in the US. It is known for its strong and diverse economy. Many job seekers consider large Texas cities like Austin and San Antonio their destination of choice.
If you want to find a job in this state, looking at some of the largest companies in Texas can help you feel inspired. Read the list below to learn about the biggest companies in Texas and how you can get a job there.
Find Your Bootcamp Match
- Career Karma matches you with top tech bootcamps
- Access exclusive scholarships and prep courses
How We Defined the Largest Companies in Texas
The largest companies in Texas have been sorted by the number of employees rather than revenue or enterprise. This is because this guide is focused on jobs rather than other aspects of the business sector. The information below has been sourced from Statista’s report of the largest companies with headquarters in Texas in 2021.
Foxconn Assembly ranks as the largest company in Texas, with 803,126 employees. Pizza Hut follows as the second-largest company, with 300,000 employees. Read below to learn more about the top 10 largest companies in Texas. These market insights can help you find a private company or tech company to start working at in 2022.
The Top 10 Largest Companies in Texas
|Rank||Company||City||Number of Employees|
|1||Foxconn Assembly LLC||Houston||803,126*|
|4||Keller Williams Realty||Austin||180,000*|
|7||Electronic Data Systems||Plano||136,000*|
|8||American Airlines||Fort Worth||126,000*|
*Information has been sourced from Statista’s report on leading companies in Texas.
1. Foxconn Assembly LLC
Foxconn Assembly is a multinational company that manufactures and distributes electronic equipment such as computer hardware, connectors, and cable assemblies to companies and individual customers.
It has its headquarters in Taiwan but is based in Houston, the largest city in Texas. This is one of the most major companies in the tech industry, and it has plenty of opportunities for employment.
Jobs Available at Foxconn Assembly LLC
- Development Engineer. These professionals design, develop, and maintain the company’s firewall and implement communication interfaces.
- Business Development Manager. They provide an interface between various departments in the organization, assist with revenue tracking, and assist IT to develop reporting requirements.
- Project Manager. Project managers supervise and manage the design engineering and research teams to develop new products, coordinate research, and design projects.
Where to Find Foxconn Assembly LLC Jobs
You can find Foxconn job openings on the company’s career website. The latest employment opportunities can also be found on Foxconn’s LinkedIn page.
2. Pizza Hut
Pizza Hut is one of the leaders in the fast food and quick service restaurants industry. It is an American multinational restaurant chain. It produces multiple styles of pizza and also sells foods and drinks at its outlets. There is a range of services and types of jobs that you can find at this company, from office jobs to positions in the various restaurants in every major Texas city.
Jobs Available at Pizza Hut
- Restaurant Area Director. These directors champion teamwork, coordinate multiple units, and teach and coach managers towards goal achievement.
- Director of Operations. These professionals work on the company’s financial forecast within specific regions, develop business plans and budgets, and monitor period analysis.
- Area Coach. An area coach leads market managers, analyzes reports, and ensures compliance with the highest FSCC and HQSC standards.
Where to Find Pizza Hut Jobs
You can find and apply for job openings through the company’s career website. You can also visit Pizza Hut on Linkedln and check job advert platforms for more openings. With such a large company, job openings open at a fast rate.
AT&T is one of the largest telecommunications companies, making millions of dollars per year. It provides wireless communication, local exchange, and long-distance services for consumers and businesses in the United States and internationally. AT&T has its corporate headquarters in Dallas, Texas.
Jobs Available at AT&T
- Installation Technician. These technicians maintain excellent customer experience and install high-speed broadband and other services for customers.
- Network Engineers. Network engineers troubleshoot problems related to enterprise networks and ensure the company’s security system and firewall are up to date.
- Field Sales Technician. A sales technician monitors sales through the use of various customer sales methods. These include forecasting sales, developing innovative sales strategies, and evaluating the effectiveness of strategies.
Where to Find AT&T Jobs
You can find and apply for AT&T jobs on its career website and other online job boards and job opportunity platforms.
4. Keller Williams Realty
If you are looking to work in the real estate sector, then this is the perfect place to start. Kelly William Realty is one of the biggest companies in North America’s real estate industry. Texas market value is high, and it is a well-known housing destination, which means real estate is only growing. According to PayScale, the average salary for a late-career real estate agent is $68,467.
Jobs Available at Keller Williams Realty
- Real Estate Agent. These professionals provide many real estate services. They help new clients through in-person meetings, open houses, and other strategies.
- Executive Estate Admin. Estate admins interact with clients and ensure excellent service delivery. They also coordinate the activities of inspectors and clients.
- Luxury Real Estate Sales Listing Specialist. These specialists acquire leads from sales agents to organize the sales of high-stakes real estate. This is a lucrative employment opportunity.
Where to Find Keller Williams Realty Jobs
You will find available job openings at the Keller Williams Realty official website and other job platforms in your area. Keep in mind that you might need to get a license in real estate and learn about square feet, inspection codes, and other utility and industry standards.
5. Carlson Restaurants
Carlson is a fast-casual food chain with dining locations across the United States and in Dallas County. It is a private subsidiary of Carlson Hospitality Worldwide, which is a division of the Carlson Companies conglomerate based in Minnesota. Carlson Restaurants offer a wide range of appetizers, pasta dishes, salads, and entrees in a bar-like atmosphere.
Jobs Available at Carlson Restaurants
- Restaurant Server. Servers, also known as waiters, perform essential services to customers. They take orders and give feedback about the food, prices, or menu items. They might also prepare non-kitchen orders for customers and stand as a point-person between establishment and customers.
- Restaurant manager. Restaurant managers help with restaurant operations, maintain sanitation standards, and determine and implement training plans across counties.
- District manager. These professionals perform restaurant audits, monitor performance, ensure review of reports, and oversee the execution of roles.
Where to Find Carlson Restaurants Jobs
You will find available job openings on Carlson Restaurants’ careers page and other job platforms like Linkedln and Indeed. As well, you can check your local locations to see if they are hiring.
Dell is a leading multinational company in North America that deals with the manufacturing of computers, laptops, and other devices. The company has a good record for the treatment of its staff, which is due to the unparalleled growth opportunities it offers its team members. According to Statista, Dell was the third-largest provider of PC computers in 2020.
Jobs Available at Dell
- Computer Engineer. A computer engineer performs technical and collaborative tasks, develops and updates company systems, and collaborates with senior project managers to establish company goals and deadlines.
- Supply Chain Consultant. A supply chain consultant coordinates and integrates information and material flow among suppliers, customers, and distributors. They also develop analysis for supply chain effectiveness and efficiency.
- Advisory Consultant. These professionals assess customers’ business challenges and the company’s market share through the application of technical solutions. They might also work with affiliated companies.
Where to Find Dell Jobs
You will find available job openings at the company’s career website and other job platforms like Linkedln and Indeed.
7. Electronic Data Systems
Electronic Data Systems (EDS) is one of the major American multinational companies. It provides and manages information technology equipment and services at a high level of service. It helps customers design, install, and operate data processing systems.
Jobs Available at Electronic Data Systems
- Product Support Specialist. These specialists maintain technical knowledge on product and product issues, champion documentation of problem resolution, and assess product performance through field support data.
- Administrative Assistant. Administrative assistants work directly with customers to execute customer service tasks, provide administrative assistance for employees, and perform other admin responsibilities.
- Product Software Manager. A product software manager facilitates communication among internal and external personnel and works with the marketing team for effective software presentations to customers. This is a good job for graduate students and other educated tech experts.
Where to Find Electronic Data Systems Jobs
New EDS Technologies jobs can be found on the company’s career website. The careers page also includes information about working at the company.
8. American Airlines
American Airlines, a competitor to Southwest Airlines, is a multinational corporation that provides exceptional travel experiences around the globe. It is regarded as one of the largest airline corporations in the world. It is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas.
Jobs Available at American Airlines
- Flight Attendant. A flight attendant assists passengers with luggage, gives directions, makes announcements, and answers questions when necessary.
- Customer Service Manager. These professionals oversee functional work areas, resolve customer issues, and manage customer service operations.
- Revenue Analyst. These analysts coordinate staff activities, identify problems with the revenue cycle, and implement improvement solutions.
Where to Find American Airlines Jobs
You will find available job openings on LinkedIn, Indeed, Monster, and other job sites. The company’s careers page also has many listings. Keep in mind that flight attendant positions can be based in many different cities.
9. Livestock Investors Ltd
The company provides custom livestock feeding services with services such as risk management, feeder cattle procurement, trucks for commodity transportation and cattle needs, and financing on cattle and feed. There are many different positions at this company, and you can work on anything from renewable energy projects to cattle handling.
Jobs Available at Livestock Investors Ltd
- Financial Analyst. A financial analyst handles the company’s financial analysis, planning, and projection. To become a financial analyst, you must be good with numbers and have strong organization skills.
- Risk Manager. This professional handles the preparation of action plans to decrease risk factors, assembles relevant financial information from clients, and ensures periodic tests on livestock for indicators of population health to prevent disease outbreaks.
- Trader. In this industry, a trader manages trading operations and records daily transactions across branches.
Where to Find Livestock Investors Ltd Jobs
To check for job openings, visit the company’s career website. With such a varied selection of jobs, you’ll be able to find one that suits you.
10. Tenet Healthcare
Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a multinational healthcare services company. Along with Parkland Health and Hospital and the Seton Family of Hospitals, this is one of the largest healthcare domains in Texas. If you are in the medical field, this is a company you’ll love to grow your career in.
Jobs Available at Tenet Healthcare
- Registered Nurse, Emergency Room. An RN provides quality care to patients who experience injury or trauma, records changes in health conditions, and performs treatments in accordance with established company protocol.
- Medical Assistant. Medical assistants prepare treatment rooms to ensure sanitation, interview patients, and take vital signs periodically.
- Certified Surgical Technologist. These technical professionals take care of surgical patients and are custodians of all surgical equipment.
Where to Find Tenet Healthcare Jobs
Keep in mind that many healthcare positions require some kind of license to practice. There are many universities, such as the University of Texas or Concordia University, where you can gain the qualifications you need to practice healthcare and provide a high level of service to patients. You can find positions on local job boards or at Tenet Healthcare’s official site.
Do Any Large Companies in Texas Hire Bootcamp Grads?
Yes, large companies in Texas hire graduates from bootcamps. Positions such as network engineer, computer programmer, and data analyst all require skills that you can get from bootcamps. Our reliance on technology is rising at a historic rate, and as long as you can prove your skills to your prospective employer, you’ll be able to get a job at one of the largest companies in Texas.
"Career Karma entered my life when I needed it most and quickly helped me match with a bootcamp. Two months after graduating, I found my dream job that aligned with my values and goals in life!"
Venus, Software Engineer at Rockbot
Largest Companies in Texas FAQ
Foxconn Assembly LLC is the largest company in Texas with 803,126 employees, according to Statista.
Yes, most of the largest companies in Texas hire graduates from bootcamps, which means they recognize certificates from job training programs. With in-demand skills from a bootcamp, you can find an office job in most tech companies. You could also find yourself landing anything from a government job to a career in a financial institution.
Yes, you can get a job in one or any of the largest companies in Texas if you have the qualifications and skills required for the role. It may be competitive as they hire the best applicants, but it is possible if you prepare well.
Yes, you can work remotely at one of the largest companies in Texas or any other state. However, this depends on your role.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.