When it comes to capturing customers’ attention online, visuals often speak louder than words. A visually appealing design can significantly influence how consumers interact with products and services. For example, data shows that 94 percent of first impressions on websites, software, brands, or marketing campaigns are design-related. And a good first impression pays off in the long run. To be precise, design-driven businesses generate 32 percent higher revenue growth, according to McKinsey & Company.
But drawing in customers goes beyond just having a good design. User experience is just as, if not more, critical. In fact, Hubspot reports that 88 percent of customers are less likely to return to a website after a bad user experience. Additionally, a PWC survey found that, in addition to product, quality, and price, 73 percent of consumers cited experience as a consideration in their purchasing decisions.
Given all these numbers, it’s not surprising that the US Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 13 percent growth in UI/UX designer jobs by the end of the decade—faster than the average for all jobs. Furthermore, a quick look at job site Indeed will show you over 11,000 open UI/UX designer jobs at the time of writing.
As you might have guessed, this is the ideal time for you to launch a career in UI/UX design. And if you’re looking for an entry point, BrainStation’s UI and UX design courses are structured to give you job-ready skills in user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design in only five to 10 weeks.
There are more design jobs than design professionals. Grab the opportunity to earn your design skills at BrainStation to break into this booming field.Apply today.
Read on to find out more about BrainStation’s design courses.
Why Learn UX/UI Design at BrainStation?
- Hands-on and realistic learning. UX and UI design courses at BrainStation will help you leverage your analytical and creative skills to develop designs that users love. The practical, project-based courses will assist you in establishing a polished professional portfolio that will demonstrate your abilities to potential employers. You will also be able to present your capstone project to industry professionals during Demo Day.
- Learn from the experts. BrainStation’s courses are flexible, comprehensive, and digestible. Moreover, you will learn from design leaders with vast experience who understand the skill gaps in the industry.
Career support. The BrainStation career success team garners insights from career coaches, technical recruiters, accomplished educators, and its alumni to prepare students for the job market. BrainStation also organizes networking events for learners to connect with recruiters and hiring partners. Students can participate in workshops to improve their soft skills and ace interviews.
Overview of BrainStation’s UX/UI Design Courses
What is UX design? UX design is the process of optimizing a customer’s overall experience when using a product or service. It’s about ensuring that the product or service offers value, functions perfectly, meets the needs of the users, and is easy to use.
What will you learn from this course? Expect to dive into the key phases of the UX design lifecycle: research, planning, design and prototyping, and testing. BrainStation’s UX design course is composed of four units, with each focusing on a single phase to equip you with in-depth knowledge. Each unit also emphasizes immediate application as you work on hands-on projects that will put your learning to the test. Expect to:
- Conduct effective user research
- Perform common usability tests like card sorting and tree testing
- Create wireframes in low-, mid-, or high-fidelity that serve as prototypes of your design
- Test and validate your design
Overall, you will learn to create user-centered designs while adhering to best practices. At the end of the course, you will receive a UX design certificate of completion that you may share with your professional network and on LinkedIn.
What is UI design? UI design emphasizes a user’s visual interaction with a product. Think of UX as the foundation of a house and UI as the furniture and paint. In terms of digital products, UI design is about taking the UX designer’s wireframes and transforming them into aesthetically pleasing and usable interfaces.
What will you learn from this course? Just like the UX design course, this course splits into four units that tackle the following:
- UI Design foundations including fundamental design principles and best practices
- Key elements of interface design such as color, typography, visual identity, and structure
- How to create responsive design, or design that easily adjusts to a variety of devices and screen sizes
- How to collaborate with developers for a smooth design hand-off
Overall, the UI Design course will guide you through the principles of building usable and beautiful UI solutions.
Redesign Your Career at BrainStation
A UI/UX design career offers boundless opportunities for those with the right skillsets. Pursuing a UI/UX design career can significantly increase your earning potential, give you a competitive advantage, and usher you into a future where digital designs will play a vital role.
Are you ready to kickstart a successful career in UX/UI design? Reach out to a BrainStation Learning Advisor to help you start your exciting journey today.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.