- Career Karma matches you with top tech bootcamps
- Get exclusive scholarships and prep courses
- Display information when a button is clicked
- Create a dropdown menu that activates when clicked
- Allow a user to zoom in or out on an image
- Show a series of tabs on a website
- Display animations on a website
- Play audio or video on a web page
#4: Game Development
Walmart’s web application was initially powered by the Java programming language. However, as its site started to grow, the company realized it needed something more efficient.
As a result, Walmart adopted Node.JS. Today the site that renders at Walmart.com uses Node.js to serve web pages.
Netflix started off using Java for its web application. However, Netflix engineers decided it took too long to push changes to their site using Java. As a result, they decided to look for another technology to power the site.
Today, Netflix is powered heavily using the Node.Js framework. This back-end framework allows the company to efficiently render content on their website. The move over to Node.Js also allowed them to reduce the burden on their servers, thereby improving the efficiency of their services.
Uber needs to handle millions of requests every day coming in from drivers and customers. The company needs to work with highly scalable technologies that have a fast speed of iteration.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.