The best online colleges in Oregon offer programs for various levels and fields of study. Online learning gives you control over your education because it’s flexible, efficient, and affordable. If you want a satisfying and lucrative career, enrolling in one of the accredited online colleges in Oregon is the first step to achieving your career goals.
To help you with your school search, we provide all the information you need on virtual schools in Oregon in this article. Continue reading to find information on accreditations, online courses, tuition rates, and financial aid options at the best online schools in Oregon.
Fully Accredited Online Colleges in Oregon: Two Types of Accreditation
Accreditation is when an accrediting agency certifies that an institution meets particular educational standards. An institution’s accreditation status helps students decide if a college is acceptable for pursuing education. Regional and national accreditation are the two types of accreditation. Both types are described in full below.
Regionally Accredited Online Colleges
Regional accreditation has wide recognition in both public and private institutions. To acquire regional accreditation, colleges and universities must adhere to strict requirements and regulations. Regionally accredited online colleges have a solid academic reputation, and students can easily transfer credits to four-year colleges or universities.
Nationally Accredited Online Colleges
National accreditation applies to all colleges or universities in the US. This accreditation is for schools focused on career-based education, such as vocational or technical schools and faith-based programs. Most people perceive nationally accredited online colleges as less rigorous, and their credits are typically non-transferrable to regionally accredited online colleges.
Why Is Accreditation Important for College?
Accreditation is vital for college because it shows that an institution is credible and provides high-quality education. It helps prospective students decide if a campus or online school can help them achieve their educational goals. It also determines their eligibility for federal aid because only students from an accredited institution can receive federal grants or loans.
How to Find an Accredited Online College in Oregon
You can find out whether an online college in Oregon has accreditation by doing proper research. You can check the US Department of Education’s database, search for a college on the website of an accrediting agency, or visit the website of a college or university. These explanations below will help you determine the accreditation of colleges and universities.
Check the US Department of Education’s Database
You can check for accredited colleges and universities on the United States Department of Education database. This website lists accrediting agencies and allows you to search for accredited institutions and programs.
Search for Colleges on the Regional Accrediting Agency’s Website
The regional accrediting agency responsible for accrediting institutions in Oregon is the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. You can search for schools to verify their accreditation status through this accrediting agency’s website.
Visit the School’s Official Website
Schools usually provide their accreditation status on their website, and often, you’ll find it on the About page. When you visit the official website of an institution, ensure to check for this information to know if the college is accredited.
Top 10 Accredited Online Colleges in Oregon: Overview
|Ranking||Online College||Accreditation||Graduation Rate|
|1||George Fox University||Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (Regional)||74%|
|2||Linfield University-Online and Continuing Education||Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (Regional)||67%|
|3||Oregon State University||Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (Regional)||65%|
|4||Bushnell University||Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (Regional)||57%|
|5||Corban University||Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (Regional)||53%|
|6||Portland State University||Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (Regional)||51%|
|7||Oregon Institute of Technology||Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (Regional)||50%|
|8||Western Oregon University||Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (Regional)||49%|
|9||Southern Oregon University||Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (Regional)||47%|
|10||Eastern Oregon University||Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (Regional)||40%|
How We Ranked the Best Accredited Online Colleges in Oregon
We ranked the best accredited online colleges in Oregon by looking at the graduation rates of various institutions that offer fully online degree programs. The information in the table above comes from the schools’ official websites, the US Department of Education’s database of accredited schools, and the US Department of Education’s College Scorecard tool.
Best Accredited Online Colleges in Oregon: Deep Dive
The best accredited online colleges in Oregon deliver high-quality education. Below, you will find information on these institutions and the wide range of online programs they offer to help you achieve your career goals.
What Is the Easiest Online College That Is Accredited in Oregon?
The easiest accredited online college in Oregon is Oregon State University. With a graduation rate of 65 percent, this college offers several programs to distance learners. Some of these programs are in arts, sciences, business, history, and education. Oregon State University also supports students by making tuition affordable.
What Is the Cheapest Accredited Online College in Oregon?
The cheapest accredited online college in Oregon is Eastern Oregon University (EOU) because it has much lower tuition and fees than other colleges. The learning costs at EOU are below $10,000 for students in-state and above $20,000 for students out-of-state. Additional estimated costs for a college education at EOU include books and supplies.
Are There Free Accredited Online Colleges in Oregon?
No, there are no free online colleges in Oregon. However, students can take classes online through platforms like MIT OpenCourseWare. Online students may also be eligible for grants or scholarships that would significantly reduce their financial load and assist them in attending college. Federal funding is also available for accredited programs and online colleges.
"Career Karma entered my life when I needed it most and quickly helped me match with a bootcamp. Two months after graduating, I found my dream job that aligned with my values and goals in life!"
Venus, Software Engineer at Rockbot
Why Choose an Accredited Online College in Oregon?
You should choose an accredited online college in Oregon because they are affordable, flexible, and convenient. Below are detailed explanations for these factors.
Accredited online colleges in Oregon are affordable because students who enroll in online programs don’t have to pay for transportation or accommodation. Online students can also apply for federal financial aid programs, such as grants and loans if they take enough credits to qualify as part-time or full-time students.
Accredited online programs in Oregon allow students to learn from their comfort zones. They can complete classes and get their college degree without traveling to a physical campus. They can access courses and learn remotely from anywhere at any time.
Many people prefer online education because of its flexibility. While some online courses require that students attend live online lectures, you can fit your coursework into your schedule and work at your own pace.
Most Affordable Accredited Online Colleges in Oregon
Students can save a lot of money by attending the most affordable accredited online colleges in Oregon. Below are some of Oregon’s best accredited online colleges with affordable tuition.
- Western Oregon University | Tuition: $15,180/Year. The tuition rates at this university are the same across graduate, undergraduate, and online programs. Western Oregon University tuition estimates are based on full-time study of 11 credits per term.
- Southern Oregon University | Tuition: $369/Credit. Southern Oregon University offers various accessible and affordable online business and education degree programs at affordable tuition rates.
- Oregon Institute of Technology | Tuition: $281/Credit. This online school is known to offer quality graduate and undergraduate programs. Each online course at this institute has an additional distance delivery fee of $65 attached to the tuition.
- Eastern Oregon University | Tuition: $278/Credit. This tuition rate covers the top business, education, and health and science programs, among other fields. Tuition rates may vary according to graduate and undergraduate programs.
- Portland State University | Tuition: $193/Credit. Tuition at Portland State University covers a broad range of programs, from business to engineering. Online tuition may slightly differ according to specific programs.
Best Online Accredited Colleges in Oregon That Accept Financial Aid
Most students opt for online accredited colleges in Oregon with financial aid options because this helps ease the financial burden of getting an education. Below are online accredited colleges in Oregon that accept financial aid.
- George Fox University | Tuition: $38,860/Credit. George Fox University provides students with different career options. The university provides financial aid packages to regular freshmen students and 98 percent of its students receive financial aid.
- Corban University | Tuition: $420/Credit. Corban University’s graduate and undergraduate programs aim to help students achieve career goals. It gives financial aid options to 100 percent of students.
- Southern Oregon University | Tuition: $369/Credit. Students at Southern Oregon University take career-focused online programs, with around 80 percent of them receiving financial aid.
- Oregon State University | Tuition: $343/Credit. About 93 percent of students receive financial aid from Oregon State University. Students get the best out of learning through diverse programs and a qualified faculty.
- Portland State University | Tuition: $193/Credit. Students of Portland State University can choose from the programs available in the online college to form the foundations of their careers. About 84 percent of students receive financial aid from this online school.
Best Online Schools in Oregon by Popular Subjects
In this section, we detail the best online schools in Oregon offering popular programs to help you in your school search options. The colleges below will help you determine if an online school or program is suitable for you.
Best Accredited Online Colleges With Associate Degree Programs in Oregon
Students in Oregon who want to attend accredited online colleges that offer associate degree programs should ensure that they make the right choices. Below are some online colleges and universities that offer quality associate degree programs in different fields of study.
- Oregon Institute of Technology | Clinical Sleep Health. Students will gain knowledge about sleep problems in this associate degree program. They’ll learn to evaluate treatment options to provide quality long-term patient care for geriatric, adult, and pediatric populations. Graduates can also use this certificate to meet employment competency requirements, promotions, or pay raise.
- Blue Mountain Community College | Business Administration. This two-year Associate in Applied Science program prepares students to transfer to an Oregon University System institution or to be effective as entry-level professionals in any setting.
- Portland Community College | Computer Information Systems. This associate learning program allows students to complete a degree almost entirely online. It equips students with the necessary skills for the computer science field and takes two years to complete. Students are also eligible for financial aid.
- Klamath Community College | Education. The online education program prepares students to enter or continue working in the public or private sector of education. Students receive an associate degree and can transfer credits to other accredited institutions to further their education.
Best Online Associate Degrees
Best Accredited Online Colleges With Bachelor’s Degree Programs in Oregon
The best accredited online colleges with bachelor’s degree programs in Oregon will provide you with an amazing learning experience. Below are the top accredited online colleges offering bachelor’s degrees.
- Linfield University-Online and Continuing Education | Accounting. This program is available as a Bachelor’s Degree in Arts or Science. Students will benefit from this online school because it doesn’t only teach accounting fundamentals but also prepares them for the CPA exam.
- Oregon State University | Computer Science. Oregon State University provides students with quality education both online and on-campus. Students will gain career-relevant skills and hands-on experiences in the course of obtaining their computer science degree.
- Bushnell University | Business Administration. Students have the option to customize this business administration at Bushnell University. They can choose from four areas of concentration, including general business, accounting, management, and marketing.
- Portland State University | Art History. In this program, students will learn to look closely, think, and communicate effectively about the world’s rich and diverse visual culture through this art history bachelor’s degree.
- Oregon Institute of Technology | Healthcare Management. The Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management gives students specialization options in administration, clinic, and radiologic science.
Best Online Bachelor’s Degrees
Best Accredited Online Colleges With Master’s Degree Programs in Oregon
It’s essential to look out for the best accredited online colleges with master’s degree programs to get the best learning opportunities online. In this section, we list the top online colleges offering master’s degree programs and the perks that come with choosing these schools.
- George Fox University | Education. George Fox University aims to invest in student learning with the help of a talented faculty. Students who undergo the Master of Education program will gain the skills they need to advance their careers in the educational field.
- Oregon State University | Business Administration – Marketing. An MBA from Oregon State University allows you to earn a graduate degree while retaining employment security, no matter where you are or what your schedule is. This program will equip you with skills to develop effective marketing strategies.
- Bushnell University | Nursing. In 18 months, you can complete your nursing master’s degree entirely online at Bushnell University. Nursing education and nurse leadership in health systems are the two concentrations available to students who choose this program.
- Portland State University | Applied Data Science for Business. After completing this program, students are ready for jobs that require knowledge of cloud services, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
- Oregon Institute of Technology | Allied Health. Oregon Tech’s online allied health program trains students to be leaders and administrators in the healthcare sector. Its coursework includes teaching, research, management, and community health.
Best Online Master’s Degrees
Why You Should Attend an Accredited Online College in Oregon
You should attend an accredited online college in Oregon because these colleges and universities offer programs of high-caliber. Indeed, remote education has altered higher education, particularly for those who have busy schedules. Students attending accredited online colleges are also eligible for federal financial aid, making earning a degree more affordable.
Accredited Online Colleges in Oregon FAQ
You can find accredited online colleges in Oregon that offer the program you want by visiting the websites of your preferred schools. You can also visit the National Center for Education Statistics to verify school information.
You should choose online colleges with regional accreditation if you want to study in a school with a high academic reputation or intend to transfer credits to another institution. Transfer credits from regionally accredited schools are widely accepted. However, if you like vocational or technical fields of study, nationally accredited schools may have more ideal programs.
Yes, it is possible to attend college completely online. Online learning options are available at many institutions and universities at graduate and undergraduate levels. It is important to verify that your online college is accredited to avoid issues.
Some challenges of online learning include lack of self-discipline, not receiving instant feedback, technical issues, digital illiteracy, and isolation. However, determination makes these challenges easy to overcome.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.