When looking for the best schools for business administration, people often look for schools that provide top-quality education, experienced faculty, and plenty of career-building opportunities. Many of the best business administration schools also offer flexible schedules through part-time and online business degree programs.
The vast number of programs available can make it difficult to determine the best business administration colleges. This guide provides a comprehensive review of the best schools for business administration. It covers programs that offer associate, undergraduate, graduate, and online business degrees.
Best Business Administration College and University Rankings: Top 10 Business Administration Schools at a Glance
|School||State||Formats Available||US News Ranking|
|Georgia Southern University Parker College of Business||GA||In person, online||299 – 391|
|Oakland University School Of Business Administration||MI||In person, online||299 – 391|
|Robert H. Smith School of Business at University of Maryland||MD||In person, online||59|
|San Diego State University Fowler College of Business||CA||In person, online||148|
|Savannah State University College of Business Administration||GA||In person, online||N/A|
|University of Mississippi School of Business Administration||MS||In person, online||148|
|University of Pittsburgh College of Business Administration||PA||In person, online||59|
|Warrington College of Business at University of Florida||FL||In person, online||28|
|Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania||PA||In person, online||8|
|WP Carey School of Business at Arizona State University||AZ||In person, online||117|
Business Administration School Rankings: Best Business Administration Colleges and Universities
The best business administration colleges offer programs at varying levels with comprehensive curricula that prepares students for further academic study or to enter the workforce with strong job prospects and earning potential. Below, we’ve expanded our list of the best business administration colleges and universities with important details to consider when choosing a program.
The Best Schools for Business Administration: Types of College Degrees and University Programs Offered
The best schools for business administration offer a wide array of degree and program options for incoming students. People looking to begin a career in business administration can choose a program from a variety of educational levels that align with their career or academic goals.
Comparing Popular Degree Options
Best Business Administration Schools: Other Business Administration University Rankings
The best business administration schools typically provide a well-rounded curriculum that covers diverse aspects of business administration. They also have experienced and qualified professors who provide opportunities for research and hands-on learning. Here is a list of top business administration university rankings for different categories.
Best Online Business Administration Schools
- San Diego State University Fowler College of Business. This school provides online business administration programs for undergraduate business students as well as graduates. These programs offer full-time and part-time scheduling options, and they can be completed in as little as two years.
- Warrington College of Business at the University of Florida. This school provides business administration and management programs with an emphasis on core soft skills. These programs prepare incoming students for managerial and administrative careers in business, government, and nonprofit organizations.
- WP Carey School of Business at Arizona State University. This school’s online undergraduate business studies program is the top-ranked online business program in the United States, according to US News & World Report. The school provides an extensive, self-paced curriculum designed to apply students with valuable business skills.
Best Community Colleges for Business Administration
- Austin Community College. This school offers comprehensive and relatively affordable business programs. It has small class sizes, experienced faculty, and flexible schedules. Students in the business administration programs can choose from a variety of business discipline concentrations, including accounting, finance, marketing, and management.
- Brookdale Community College. Brookdale offers incoming students a well-rounded education in the principles of business and management. The curriculum provides students with a strong foundation in business concepts like accounting and marketing.
- SUNY Broome Community College. The Division of Business and Professional Studies at SUNY Broome offers associate degrees in accounting and business administration. This program gives undergraduate business students hands-on experience with business law, marketing and accounting.
Best Undergraduate Schools for Business Administration
- University of California-Berkeley. The Haas School of Business at UC Berkeley is ranked among the top 10 business schools in the US by US News & World Report. This school provides hands-on experience in several undergraduate concentrations including entrepreneurship, finance, and marketing.
- University of Michigan-Ann Arbor. This public university is renowned for its intensive research, experienced faculty, and extensive curriculum. The undergraduate program at the Stephen M Ross School of Business offers students a well-rounded business and liberal arts education.
- University of Pennsylvania. The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania offers undergraduate students the opportunity to specialize in entrepreneurship, finance, marketing, or operations and information management. Prospective students can also choose to pursue a general business degree.
Best Graduate Schools for Business Administration
- Columbia University. Columbia is ranked as a top 10 school of business by US News & World Report. Columbia University has a strong academic reputation and offers quality education and research opportunities. Its master’s and doctorate programs offer advanced degrees in business administration.
- University of Chicago. This school offers a comprehensive and versatile range of business administration graduate programs. Its college of business, the Booth School, offers a variety of graduate degree programs including a full-time MBA program, a part-time MBA program, and a doctoral program.
- Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania is one of the largest business schools and is ranked as the best school of business nationwide by US News & World Report. It is renowned for having a highly experienced faculty and producing top-tier business leaders.
Best Business Administration Schools With Dual Degree Programs
- Johns Hopkins University | Master of Business Administration/Master of Arts in Communication. This program provides well-rounded business education and the ability to apply theoretical concepts learned in the classroom to real-world communication scenarios. The curriculum covers topics like public relations, media studies, international communication, and digital marketing.
- Purdue University | Master in Engineering/Master o Business Administration. This full-time MBA program offered by the Krannert School of Management and the Purdue College of Engineering covers coursework in engineering and business. Students can choose from different engineering majors and learn topics like financial analysis, marketing, and operations management.
- Webster University | Master of Business Administration/Master of Science in Marketing. The Walker School of Business and Technology at Webster offers the opportunity to study digital marketing, international business marketing, and marketing research. Students learn how to create and deliver customer-focused marketing plans and can get their degree in as little as 18 months.
Best Schools With Accelerated Business Administration Programs
- Husson University | Online Business Administration and Management Degree. This is a 120-credit undergraduate business program where students study a variety of concentrations, including accounting, marketing, and human resources management. Students also gain real-world experience through an internship.
- Purdue University Global | Excel Track Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration. The Excel Track gives students access to a variety of resources, including ebooks, journals, and webinars. Students learn about business concepts and theories and will have the opportunity to apply what they learn to real-world situations.
- University of Florida | Online Master of Business Administration. This online program covers accounting, finance, information systems, marketing, and operations management. The online MBA program at the University of Florida is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Easy Colleges to Get Into
Is Graduate School for Business Administration Worth It?
Yes, it is worth going to graduate school for business administration. Graduate school will equip you with relevant knowledge, skills, and professional experience to advance your career from entry-level to C-suite executive positions. It also comes with other benefits like higher earning potential and more opportunities to build a network of professional connections.
What Jobs Can You Do With a Business Administration Degree?
The jobs you can do with a business administration degree are dependent on your level of professional and educational experience. Completing an undergraduate business program qualifies you for entry-level positions like financial advisor and market research analyst. Advanced degrees qualify you for higher roles like marketing manager and development manager.
How Much Can I Earn With a Degree in Business Administration?
You can earn an average salary of $57,025 with a degree in business administration, according to PayScale. However, this average shifts when applied to higher-level degrees such as a master’s or doctorate degree.
For example, people with a master’s degree in business administration earn an average of $85,000 per year. Those with a PhD in business administration earn an average of $104,000 annually.
Highest-Paying Business Administration Careers
|Profession||Minimum Education||Average Salary|
|Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Manager||Bachelor’s degree||$133,380|
|Training and Development Manager||Bachelor’s degree||$120,130|
|Administrative Services and Facilities Manager||Bachelor’s degree||$99,290|
|Elementary, Middle, and High School Principal||Master’s degree||$98,420|
|Postsecondary Education Administrator||Master’s degree||$96,910|
|Personal Financial Advisor||Bachelor’s degree||$94,170|
|Management Analyst||Bachelor’s degree||$93,000|
|Emergency Management Director||Bachelor’s degree||$76,730|
|Market Research Analyst||Bachelor’s degree||$63,920|
|Human Resource Specialist||Bachelor’s degree||$62,290|
Best Jobs With a Business Administration Degree
The best jobs with a business administration degree are C-suite executives and leadership roles. Typically, business administration jobs available to you differ by degree level. As you get more education and professional experience, you will qualify for more senior roles. Below, the article highlights the best jobs for every degree level from associate to PhD.
How Can I Pay for Business Administration School?
You can pay for business administration school by using your savings, taking out loans, or applying for scholarships or grants. Many schools also provide alternative financing options for students that cannot afford tuition. The list below highlights some tuition assistance options you can choose to cover your business administration school tuition and fees.
- Student Loans. Loans are a popular way to finance an education. They are available from the government, private lenders, and colleges and universities. Loans typically have to be repaid with interest.
- Scholarships and Grants. These are typically awarded by the government or a private organization to support your tuition and do not have to be repaid. Some scholarships are based on academic merit, while others are based on financial need.
- Work-Study. This financial aid program provides prospective students with the opportunity to work on campus to earn money for their education.
- Savings. Prospective students may choose to finance their education from their personal savings.
How to Pay for Your Chosen School Education Path
Choosing the Best Business Administration School for You
To choose the best business administration school for you, there are various factors you should consider. These factors include the accreditation status of the school you want to apply to, the cost of attendance, student-to-faculty ratio, and reputation of the school. This will help you to ensure you receive a quality education that can help you reach your goals.
Accreditation speaks to the educational standards and quality of undergraduate and graduate programs offered by a school. When checking out a business or management program, you should check the school profile and determine whether it has fulfilled the minimum requirements of accreditation.
There are many factors to consider when assessing the cost of a school, such as the tuition, fees, room, board, and other associated costs. The cost of tuition can vary greatly from school to school. Seek a school that offers a good value for your money. Research all of your options and compare the prices of different programs before making a decision.
Business courses are often fast-paced and challenging, and students need professors who can help them navigate these waters. A low student-faculty ratio indicates that the school values quality education and has the resources to provide individualized attention to students.
How to Get Into the Right School for Your Profession
Does It Matter What College I Go to for Business Administration?
Yes, it does matter what college you go to for business administration. The best colleges for business administration offer top-quality education delivered by top-of-the-class instructors. They also provide research opportunities and practical experiences for students. High-profile institutions can be more demanding but can give a good impression to potential employers.
Best Online Bachelor’s Degrees
Business Administration University Ranking Methodology: How We Ranked the Best Schools for Business Administration
We ranked the best business administration schools by consulting the university rankings conducted by US News and World Report and Times Higher Education. To further refine our business administration university ranking methodology, we gave special consideration to things like reputation, graduation rate, student-to-faculty ratio, and breadth and depth of program offerings for a degree in business administration.
Additional Reading About Business Administration
[query_class_embed] https://careerkarma.com/blog/business-administration/ https://careerkarma.com/blog/business-administration-masters-degrees/ https://careerkarma.com/blog/business-administration-associate-degrees/
Best Business Administration Schools FAQ
You should get a Master of Science in Business Administration if you are looking to specialize in specific areas of business. You should get a Master of Business Administration (MBA) if you are looking to be flexible and work in diverse areas of business. Whichever you choose depends entirely on what you are looking to get out of the program.
An EMBA, or Executive Master of Business Administration, is a project-focused graduate degree designed for experienced professionals and business executives. It provides more focus on team projects and experiential learning compared to traditional MBA programs. An EMBA course is usually offered in a graduate school of business.
An in-person business administration degree is better if you’re looking for networking opportunities. However, an online business administration degree is better if you’re looking for affordability and convenience. The better option between in-person and online education depends on your preferences, as both paths have their pros and cons.
The fastest route to a business administration career is by completing a business administration certificate course. Although the duration varies by program, they typically take six months to a few years to complete. A certificate qualifies students to apply for business administration roles and launch a career.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.