With digital marketing college education amounting to thousands of dollars every year, knowing what the cheapest digital marketing schools are will save both you and your wallet the stress. There are many low-cost schools in the US with stellar digital marketing programs, and we’ve compiled a comprehensive list of them, so you don’t have to.
In this article, you’ll find a list of the most affordable digital marketing schools, financial aid programs for digital marketing students to reduce the cost even further, and the highest-paying careers in the digital marketing field you can get post-grad. Keep reading to find out what the best and cheapest digital marketing degree is for you.
What Are the Most Affordable Digital Marketing Schools in the US?
The most affordable digital marketing schools are Florida Atlantic University, Fort Hays State University, and Fashion Institute of Technology. Compared to other digital marketing schools, they have affordable tuition, which can be as low as $4,879 per year. If you are looking for the cheapest digital marketing schools, you should start your school search with these schools.
How Much Do the Cheapest Digital Marketing Schools Cost?
The cheapest digital marketing schools cost between $4,879 and $12,420 per year. However, this amount could vary depending on whether you are an in-state or out-of-state student. Other costs such as books and supplies, living arrangements, transportation, program fees, and other miscellaneous expenses could also add to the total cost of a digital marketing degree.
Cheapest Digital Marketing Schools Costs Breakdown
- Tuition and fees. College tuition is the price you pay to enroll in the program and attend classes. It varies from college to college, so it’s best to review the tuition page on your desired school’s website.
- Accommodation. This depends on whether you live on or off campus. Distance learning students are usually shielded from this cost because they attend classes from the comfort of their homes.
- Books and supplies. This is the cost of books and learning materials for digital marketing classes. Some education courses require more expensive instructional materials than others, so manage you budget wisely.
- Health insurance. Most schools require that students have health insurance coverage. Students may purchase health insurance plans from the school or from a private party.
- Living expenses. This includes additional costs of schooling such as personal care, entertainment, and transportation. Living costs vary according to the local economy, a student’s housing status, and the spending habits of the student.
Why You Should Attend a Digital Marketing School
You should attend a digital marketing school because it is the best place to acquire the basic knowledge of digital marketing needed to become a digital marketer. You learn important digital marketing concepts like social media marketing, content marketing, search engine marketing, and digital marketing strategy.
Digital marketing schools offer a wide array of academic programs for prospective students at all levels, including associate, bachelor’s, master’s degrees, and graduate certificate programs. These programs ensure students face the ever-evolving demands of the digital marketing field. They also offer career services and access to an academic advisor to prepare students for the industry after graduation.
Best Digital Marketing School Career Options
The best career options for digital marketing students are digital marketing managers, content managers, search engine specialists, and digital marketing strategists. As digital marketing is one of the leading fields in the marketing industry, there is a wide range of roles for digital marketing professionals.
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job growth for a digital marketing degree is 10 percent from 2020 to 2030. This translates to about 31,000 job openings every year for digital marketers.
Digital Marketing Salary
The average salary for a digital marketing graduate is $80,107 per year, according to Glassdoor. However, this amount depends on factors such as the employer, location, education, and experience of the person.
Can You Attend Digital Marketing School for Free?
Yes, you can attend a digital marketing school for free. There are free online programs that students can take at no cost. Notable examples are the Coursera Digital Marketing Specialization by the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, edX’s Fundamentals of Digital Marketing Class, and Google’s Fundamentals of Digital Marketing.
Cheapest Digital Marketing Schools That Won’t Break the Bank
|Florida Atlantic University
|Fort Hays State University
|Utah Valley University
|University of Florida
|Florida International University
|Western Governors University
|Granite State College
|Oklahoma State University
|East Tennessee State University
|Northern Illinois University
What Are the Cheapest Digital Marketing Schools? A Deep Dive
Paying for Digital Marketing School With Financial Aid
Financial aid is financial assistance that helps students pay for college. It can cover the tuition for digital marketing schools and other college costs. Students pursuing a degree in marketing can benefit from financial aid options such as federal grants, scholarships, and other aid like private loans, work-study, and federal loans.
A grant is a form of financial assistance that does not need to be repaid by the student. The two major types are federal grants and state grants. Federal grants are awarded by the US government, while state grants are awarded from the state government’s revenue.
Notable examples of grants include Pell Grants, Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH), and Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG).
Unlike federal grants, loans must be paid back with interest. Digital marketing students can seek loans from the Department of Education. The four types of federal loans available in the United States are Direct Subsidized Loans, Direct Unsubsidized Loans, Direct PLUS Loans, and Direct Consolidation Loans.
Digital marketing students can also seek private loans from banks, credit unions, and other financial institutions. These loans come with an interest rate that is usually higher than federal loans. It also requires an established credit record or a cosigner.
Work-study is a special financial aid program that allows students to work part time to earn money to fund their education expenses. Students can work on campus or off campus, but the job must be relevant to the student’s program of study.
Digital marketing students can also explore scholarship opportunities by non-profit and private organizations. The two major types of scholarships are need-based scholarships and merit-based scholarships. Need-based scholarships are awarded to students with financial needs, while a merit-based scholarship is granted to students with an excellent academic record.
Best Schools For Your Area of Study
How to Apply for Federal Aid to Finance Your Digital Marketing School Program
If you are looking to benefit from financial aid to finance your digital marketing school program, you should learn what the application process entails. Below is a breakdown of what students need to do to receive financial aid.
- Submit the FAFSA. This is the most important step in the application process. Students need to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The federal government, states, universities, and private scholarships rely on FAFSA to determine a student’s eligibility for financial aid.
- Fill out financial aid forms. Most schools offer a form of financial aid to students. The digital marketing program at your school may have grants, loans, and scholarships for students. You can find this information on the school’s website. You should fill out the financial aid form for your school.
- Review the FAFSA student aid report. You will get the FAFSA Student Aid Report a few days after submitting the application online. Review the application and ensure that there are no errors.
- Compare awards. Afterward, you will get a financial aid letter from your school stating the financial aid that you are eligible for. Compare the award package based on your school tuition and other college costs.
- Reapply for financial aid each year. You will need to fill out the FAFSA form every year to renew your application and continue to receive financial aid.
Best Digital Marketing Scholarships
- The Publicity.ai SEO & Content Marketing Scholarship | Amount: $1,000. This scholarship awards $1,000 to high school seniors and college students with an interest in SEO and content marketing. Candidates have to write an essay on the best use of content marketing and submit it before December 15.
- Colonial Ghosts Scholarship for History and Marketing Students | Amount: $1,000. This is a $1,000 scholarship for students pursuing a marketing degree in an accredited college. Students have to write an essay explaining their educational goals and career plans and submit it before December 15.
- Inclusion In Digital Marketing Scholarship | Amount: $3,000. This is a $3,000 scholarship for undergraduate students pursuing a digital marketing degree in web development coding, UX, SEO, or marketing. It requires a scholarship essay, letter of recommendation, and work portfolio. The application deadline is July 30.
Cheapest Undergraduate Digital Marketing Schools
The cheapest undergraduate digital marketing schools are Florida Atlantic University, Fort Hays State University, Utah Valley University, University of Florida, and Florida International University. These schools are great options for students who want to get digital marketing degrees without accruing a huge tuition fee.
Most Affordable Digital Marketing Associate Degree Programs
- Hinds Community College | Associate of Applied Science in Marketing Management Technology | $1,750/semester (resident); $3,275/semester (non-resident). This associate degree prepares students for careers in marketing, professional sales, advertising, and human resource management. Students learn about digital media application, principles of marketing, and consumer behavior.
- Borough of Manhattan Community College | Associate of Science in Digital Marketing | $210/credit (resident); $310/credit (non-resident). This program teaches the use of social media search engines, emails, and the Internet to connect with prospective customers. Its coursework includes marketing research, business law, and digital marketing and analytics.
- Chattahoochee Technical College | Associate of Science in Marketing Management | $100/credit (in state); $200/credit (out of state). This program provides a mix of theory and hands-on training, having students delve into digital marketing careers. It teaches students how to correlate marketing campaigns and market products on social media.
- Dakota County Technical College| Associate of Science in Marketing | $5,711/semester. This program ranks number 3 on the list of the best online associate marketing degrees, according to Best Marketing Degrees. It is a 60-credit program teaching marketing principles, marketing research, digital marketing, and data analytics.
- Granite State College | Associate of Science in Business | $314/credit (resident); $370/credit (non-resident). This program provides an overview of the fundamental concepts of marketing, economics, finance, and organizational behavior. It offers a marketing track that covers social media marketing, marketing research, media and strategic communication, and digital trends.
Most Affordable Digital Marketing Bachelor’s Degree Programs
- Clayton State University | Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing, Digital Marketing Concentration | $169/credit (in state); $616/credit (out of state). This 120-credit-hour bachelor’s degree provides the theoretical and practical knowledge students need to become marketing professionals. Students learn about social media marketing, integrated marketing, and digital marketing.
- University of Florida | Bachelor of Science in Business Administration-Marketing | $6,380/year (in state); $28,652/year (out of state). This program offers a solid understanding of marketing concepts, consumer behavior, and business behavior. Students use research, data, and planning to solve business problems. Courses include marketing research, international marketing, and social media marketing.
- Oklahoma State University | Bachelor of Science in Marketing | $13,920/year (in state); $40,440/year (out of state). This program equips students with the basic knowledge to execute marketing strategies for businesses. It is a four-year program covering social media marketing, marketing communication management, marketing research, professional selling, and sales management.
- Northern Illinois University | Bachelor of Science in Marketing | $360/credit. This four-year program is for students who want to become professional digital marketers. It teaches marketing research, strategic selling, marketing analytics, strategic electronic marketing, and sales management.
- Minot State University | Bachelor of Science in Marketing | $287/credit. This program equips students with the most up-to-date marketing techniques to become full-fledged marketing professionals. Students learn about social media marketing, sales, advisement, and public relations in business.
Best Online Associate Degrees
Best Online Bachelor’s Degrees
Cheapest Graduate Schools for Digital Marketing
The cheapest graduate schools for digital marketing are Fort Hays State University, Liberty University, Saint Leo University, East Tennessee State University, and Southern New Hampshire University. You can pursue a master’s or PhD in Digital Marketing at these schools for the most affordable prices.
Most Affordable Schools for Master’s Degrees in Digital Marketing
- Florida Atlantic University| Master of Business Administration, Digital Marketing Concentration | $7,594/year (resident); 20,690/year (non-resident). This master’s degree helps students gain knowledge of advanced concepts and techniques that they need for a career in marketing and advertising. Students take courses that prepare them for the challenges of the fast-paced digital marketing field.
- Liberty University | Master of Science in Marketing – Digital Marketing| $565/credit. This program provides knowledge and hands-on training in the use of digital and traditional media platforms to execute advertising campaigns. Students learn about the processes involved in creating a marketing program for a product market entry.
- Saint Leo University| Master of Business Administration- Social Media Concentration | $12,495/year. This program provides students with the essential knowledge to use marketing insights to make better business decisions. It offers a comprehensive understanding of business principles and functional operations.
- East Tennessee State University| Master of Science in Digital Marketing | $554/credit (resident); $706/credit (non-resident). This program offers relevant instruction to prepare students for the challenges digital marketers face in the industry. It covers B2B and B2C digital marketing, digital marketing research, web analytics, and search marketing.
- Southern New Hampshire University | Master of Science in Digital Marketing | $627/credit. This is a 36-credit-hour program that introduces students to the advanced areas of digital marketing. It teaches students how to use digital and social media to make a comprehensive marketing plan that aligns with business goals. Students also learn international marketing strategies and brand management.
Most Affordable PhDs in Digital Marketing Universities
- Liberty University | Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)–Marketing | $595/credit. This PhD program provides the advanced knowledge, communication, business, and leadership skills to work in top-level business roles. It involves courses such as marketing promotions, supply chain management, and marketing research.
- Northcentral University| Business Administration, Marketing Specialization, PhD | $1,283/credit. This is a research-centered program that prepares students for leadership roles in business, administration, and technology management in the private and public sectors. The marketing specialization contains courses such as marketing management, strategic service marketing, and brand and product management.
- Kennesaw State University| PhD in Business Administration, Marketing Concentration | $1,139/credit (resident); $1,909/credit (non-resident). This program equips students with the skills and professional experience to conduct theoretically grounded research in the different areas of digital marketing, including sales performance, marketing strategies, consumer behavior, and international marketing.
- Florida International University | PhD in Business Administration, Marketing Concentration | $4,101/semester. This program develops the research and teaching skills of students in preparation for a career in academia. The coursework covers marketing research methodology, data analysis, and consumer behavior.
- Baker College| Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA)| $915/credit. This program teaches high-level business theories and management techniques that students need to become leaders in business management. It is a 60-credit-hour program involving core classes, seminars, professional residencies, and research papers.
Best Online Master’s Degrees
Best Online PhD Programs
How to Choose a Good and Affordable Digital Marketing School
You should choose a good and affordable marketing school by considering factors such as accreditation, cost, location, curricular content, and financial aid. Taking the time to consider these factors will help you make the best choice.
Accreditation provides assurance that the school meets acceptable standards to offer digital marketing degree programs. Ensure that the school has the appropriate regional accreditation and programmatic accreditation.
Digital marketing programs from good digital marketing schools are duly accredited by regional accrediting authorities, and the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) or the Associate to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Selecting a digital marketing school is also an economic decision. Find out the tuition and other college costs before beginning the application process. This will help you plan adequately and pick a school that matches your budget. The tuition information can be found on the official school’s website.
Location matters when you want to select a good and affordable digital marketing school. For instance, state schools have lower tuition rates than private schools. Also, in-state tuition tends to be cheaper than out-of-state tuition for most schools. You can considerably lower the price of a college education by attending digital marketing schools within your state of residence.
Most schools offer need-based and merit-based scholarship opportunities to students. You can reduce the cost of schooling by applying to schools that have plenty of scholarship opportunities for digital marketing students. Visit the school’s financial aid office to make inquiries about financial aid available to students.
If you are looking to study certain specializations or concentrations, you should ensure that the program includes them in the curriculum. It is important to review the curricular content of the school before you seek admission.
Tips for Saving Money While Attending Digital Marketing School
- Draw up a student budget. A budget is the best way to save money. Create a budget for your important expenses, cut out the unnecessary ones, and you will be able to save money more effectively.
- Find student discounts. You can reduce costs by utilizing student discounts. There are student discounts available on many products, including popular brands like Apple, Adobe, and Madewell.
- Fill out a FAFSA every year. You need to renew your FAFSA every year to remain eligible for financial aid. If you do not fill it out and submit it, you may not get any type of financial aid.
- Apply for scholarships and grants. There are numerous scholarship opportunities for college students. In fact, many of these go unclaimed. Dedicate the time to find scholarships you may be eligible for and apply for them.
- Be mindful of student loans. If you need to take student loans, ensure they are worth the return on investment on your university education. As a general rule, you shouldn’t take loans that are more than you expect to earn in your first year after graduation.
Cheapest Online Schools for Digital Marketing
The cheapest online schools for digital marketing are Missouri Southern State University, University of Central Missouri, Southern New Hampshire University, Utah Valley University, and Fort Hays State University.
|Utah Valley University
|Missouri Southern State University
|Southern New Hampshire University
|Fort Hays State University
|Western Governors University
Most Affordable Online Digital Marketing Bachelor’s Programs
- Utah Valley University | Bachelor of Science in Digital Marketing | $260/credit. This 120-credit online marketing program teaches marketing strategy, graphic design, content creation, and website analytics. It provides the essential skills students need to build a career in the digital marketing field.
- Missouri Southern State University | Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Marketing | $310/credit. This program provides a comprehensive understanding of the marketing process. Students can become marketing experts in personal selling, products and services marketing, consumer behavior, and sales analysis.
- Southern New Hampshire University | Bachelor of Science in Marketing, Digital Marketing Concentration | $320/credit. This program covers mobile marketing, SEO, SEM, digital advertising, and digital analytics. Students learn how to efficiently execute digital marketing campaigns.
- Western Governors University| Bachelor of Science in Marketing | $3,720/term. This is a four-year marketing major that provides the education and hands-on experience students need to land a job in the digital marketing field. Students learn about consumer behavior, personal selling, marketing research, and strategy development.
- Bellevue University | Bachelor of Science in Marketing | $440/credit. This program offers a holistic view of business management, analytics, digital media, and communication. It equips students with the in-demand skills to market products to a global audience.
Most Affordable Online Digital Marketing Master’s Programs
- Northwest Missouri State University | Master Of Business Administration In Marketing | $12,300 (total tuition). This 30-credit-hour program offers a broad understanding of international business, marketing communication strategies, and statistical methods. It prepares students to meet marketing goals.
- Fort Hays State University | Master of Business Administration Marketing Concentration| $350/credit. This program focuses on three areas of integrated marketing communications, strategic electronic marketing, and social media marketing. Students become social media strategists, bloggers, and search marketing associates.
- Arizona State University| Master of Science in Digital Audience Strategy| $707/credit. In this 30-credit program, students prepare for a career in marketing and communication. It offers theoretical and practical knowledge in advanced marketing techniques such as analytics, social media campaigns, and search engine optimization.
- Concordia University Chicago | Digital Marketing MBA | $710/credit hour. This 48-credit program covers global marketing, financial marketing, mobile marketing, and digital marketing and analytics. It offers different specializations that students can choose from to suit their career goals.
- The Saint Mary University of Minnesota | Master of Business Administration- Marketing and Advertising Concentration | $735/credit. This is a 33-credit-hour program that explores innovative online coursework to teach students how to build successful marketing campaigns. Students learn how to lead marketing teams to create and implement marketing strategies.
Will Attending an Online Digital Marketing School Save Me Money?
Yes, attending an online digital marketing school will save you money because you would not have to spend it on commuting costs, hard-copy educational materials, and accommodation. Online programs are considerably cheaper than their on-campus counterparts because the school doesn’t charge you for building maintenance, classroom supplies, and grounds upkeep.
Benefits of Online Digital Marketing Programs
- Flexibility and self-paced learning. Online digital marketing programs allow more flexibility for students to juggle educational commitments with other responsibilities. Some programs offer asynchronous online courses that students can take based on their own schedules.
- Better time management. Students learn time management skills in online programs. As there are no set times in an online digital marketing program, it is up to the student to plan their schedule.
- Improved virtual communication and collaboration. Online marketing courses immerse students in a virtual environment. This allows them to learn critical virtual communication skills required of digital marketers in the industry.
- Broader range of perspectives. Online programs connect students from different parts of the world. This allows them to gain perspectives and insights from other professionals outside their immediate environment.
- Customizable learning environment. Unlike in-person courses, online students can customize their learning environment to make the most of the program.
Highest-Paying Digital Marketing Careers
|Digital Marketing Job
|Digital Marketing Degree
|Senior Online Marketing Manager
|Digital Marketing Lead
|Digital Strategy Manager
|Digital Content Marketing Manager
|Social Media Manager
Best Digital Marketing Jobs Explained
The best digital marketing jobs are senior online marketing manager, digital marketing lead, digital strategy manager, digital content marketing manager, and digital media marketing manager. Below are descriptions of what each of these jobs entail.
Digital Marketing Schools Ranking Methodology: How We Ranked the Most Affordable Digital Marketing Schools
We chose the most affordable digital marketing colleges based on tuition and general costs information from the schools’ official websites, the US Department of Education’s database of accredited schools, and the US Department of Education’s College Scorecard tool.
Additional Reading About Digital Marketing
[query_class_embed] https://careerkarma.com/blog/digital-marketing-degree/ https://careerkarma.com/blog/digital-marketing-certificates/ https://careerkarma.com/blog/digital-marketing-certifications/
Cheapest Digital Marketing Schools FAQ
A digital marketing school costs between $4,879 and $9,438 per year. However, this depends on the school. State schools cost less than private schools. You will also pay less tuition if you are an in-state student.
The digital marketing areas best for beginners who want to become marketing specialists are search engine optimization (SEO), content marketing, mobile marketing, social media marketing and advertising, email marketing, and search engine marketing.
The best degree for digital marketing is a bachelor’s degree that you can pursue at several national universities. Most job roles in the industry require an undergraduate marketing degree. A Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Marketing covers important aspects of the field, including consumer behavior, sales, market research, digital marketing tools, and communication methods and technology.
Yes, you can become a digital marketer without a degree. You can attend digital marketing bootcamps or study digital marketing in an online format or even a hybrid format on online learning platforms. Even without a degree, you can have access to higher salaries that are above the national average.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.