As the financial, cultural, and commercial capital of the United States, New York is the home of many of the biggest agencies in the US. If you’ve dreamed of working for one of the top 10 largest companies in New York, this is the content you’ve been waiting for. These companies operate various businesses and services in different sectors and have a lot of employees.
How We Defined the Largest Companies in New York
The largest companies have been identified based on their number of employees. According to the ranking, IBM stands as the largest company in New York with a total of 350,600 employees, with the Bank of China closely following with 311,000 employees. Below are the top ten biggest companies in New York.
The Top 10 Largest Companies in New York
|Rank||Company||City||Number of Employees|
|2||Deloitte||New York City||334,800|
|3||Bank of China||New York City||308,084|
|4||PwC||New York City||295,371|
|6||JPMorgan Chase Co.||New York City||255,351|
|7||Citigroup||New York City||210,000|
|8||Verizon Communications||New York City||132,200|
|9||ABM Industries||New York City||114,000|
|10||Pfizer||New York City||78,500|
IBM is a global giant known for technology and innovation operating in 170 countries. It is headquartered in Armonk, New York, and ranks as the largest employer and provider of technology and professional services in the world. You are sure to land a job role considering its size of over 350,000 employees. Benefits at IBM include mental health benefits, performance bonuses, healthcare coverage, amongst others.
Jobs Available at IBM
- Human Resources Operations Specialist. The responsibilities attached to this role include providing administrative support to onboard employees, managing employee files, and many other tasks..
- Product Manager. This involves researching market needs and prospects connection, developing need requirements, effectively communicating value offering to customers, and other duties.
- Garage Senior Managing Consultant. In this role, you will oversee the reinvention of businesses and industries, work closely with clients to understand pain points, and many other things.
Where to Find IBM Jobs
You will find IBM employment opportunities on its career website. You can also check other job platforms such as Indeed. You are required to apply on the company recruitment portal.
Deloitte is one of the world’s largest accounting organizations, known for delivering audit, advisory, consulting, and corporate taxes globally. As a diversified financial services organization, Deloitte is one of the biggest agencies to grow your career in because of its professional growth opportunities.
Jobs Available at Deloitte
- Tax Consultant. Your role involves providing professional services in federal and corporate taxes, advising on sales tax for clients, preparing tax returns, and other similar duties.
- Data Scientist. This position consists of acquiring, analyzing, interpreting, and presenting customer data in charts and reports.
- Tax Manager. If you take up this role, your duties will include managing tax reporting and compliance with all laws, ensuring the company is not overpaying tax and other related tasks.
Where to Find Deloitte Jobs
You can find employment opportunities in Deloitte at the company’s official career website. Openings can also be found on their official Linkedln page and other job platforms.
3. Bank of China
Bank of China is China’s most diversified bank. As a foreign company headquartered in New York, it stands as one of the city’s largest corporations. Known for its diversified financial services locally and globally, Bank of China records a yearly revenue of $73.2 billion and a staff of over 300,000 employees.
Jobs Available at Bank of China
- Credit Analyst Team Lead. In this role, you will be expected to conduct credit risk evaluations, implement policy and credit process controls, and perform other duties.
- Sanctions Compliance Associate. Your role will include monitoring transaction processes and assisting case investigations, among other duties.
- Trade Finance Associate. This role includes duties such as handling the daily operations of supply chain finance and participating in compliance and risk control. They also oversee reimbursement payment and collection.
Where to Find Bank of China Jobs
Bank of China jobs can be found on its career website. You will also find opportunities at LinkedIn and Glassdoor. Application links will redirect you to their career portal.
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is a globally operating multinational professional services organization. It is the second-largest diversified financial services organization in the world and is headquartered in New York. PwC is one of the big four accounting and corporate solutions firms, alongside Deloitte, KPMG, and EY.
Jobs Available at PwC
- Auditor. This role will require you to check and attest to the accuracy of business records, form opinions and material from the financial audit of company account statements, and perform other duties.
- Tax Associate. Provide professional services, including filing taxes for clients, ensure timeline compliance, and other responsibilities.
- Management Consultants. Create forecasts for company outlooks, identify and help overcome potential and current problems of the company, and other duties.
Where to Find PwC Jobs
If you can provide diversified financial services, you can look for jobs at PwC on its website, Linkedln page, Indeed, and other job listing platforms.
PepsiCo is an American multinational food products organization that distributes its products in over 200 countries. It is one of the world’s largest businesses and is headquartered in Harrison, New York. The company hit a revenue of $70.37 billion in 2020 and is a recipient of several awards including Forbes World Best Employers in 2020 and UNIVERSUM’s World Most Attractive Employers.
Jobs Available at PepsiCo
- Warehouse Supervisor. Responsibilities involve scheduling movement of products at specific warehouses, inventory management, and other related duties.
- Supply Chain Analyst. This role involves duties such as testing and implementing new supply chain methods, restructuring product itinerary to company warehouse, and other tasks.
- Retail Store Manager. They oversee personnel operations at retail stores, supervise or train recruits, and reconcile daily sales, among other professional services.
Where to Find PepsiCo Jobs
You can find PepsiCo jobs on their official career website and recruitment platforms. Openings can also be found on the company’s Linkedin page and other job sites.
6. JPMorgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co is an independent agency in the securities industry. It is a leading global firm in financial services and banking services to businesses operating worldwide. Headquartered in New York, the firm has over $2.6 trillion in assets. It is the largest bank in the United States and has received dozens of awards, including the NerdWallet’s Best-Of Awards in 2021.
Jobs Available at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Product Marketing Manager. In this role, you will be handling how best to sell the company’s products and services to generate the highest revenues, overseeing product advertisement, and other responsibilities.
- Financial Analyst. This role requires you to advise companies on investments and bond issuance, and other related duties.
- Software Engineer. Software engineers help develop software designed for corporate solutions and banking services. During the design phase, the software engineer works with designers to consolidate program functions, and implement designs to create new products and software.
Where to Find JPMorgan Chase & Co. Jobs
You will find jobs on the career portal of JPMorgan Chase Co. and on recruitment platforms such as Linkedln, Indeed, and Glassdoor.
Citigroup is an American multinational corporation known for investment banking and financial services. It is headquartered in the Central Business District in New York and is one of the largest diversified financial services firms in the world. Along with J.P Morgan, Wells Fargo, and Bank of China, it is the third-largest banking institution in the US with other 200 million customer accounts.
Jobs Available at Citigroup
- Business Analyst. In this role, you’ll need to understand data challenges of clients’ companies, identify the strengths and weaknesses of private companies and suggest areas of improvement, along with other duties.
- Executive Assistant. This profession requires you to provide administrative support to executive management and schedule and manage itineraries, meetings, travel, and other related events.
- Financial Analysts. Financial analysts study marketplace trends to advise the company of smart investments and provide information and recommendation on the company’s financial position, alongside other duties.
Where to Find Citigroup Jobs
Job placements can be found on Citigroup’s career website. Check their Linkedln page and other job platforms like Glassdoor and Indeed for more career opportunities.
8. Verizon Communications
Verizon Communications is a top diversified telecommunication services organization that provides information and entertainment services. It is a multinational conglomerate that operates America’s largest wireless networks. Verizon recorded a revenue of $128 billion in 2020. The company is headquartered in the Central Business District of New York.
Jobs Available at Verizon Communications
- Customer Service Representative (CSR). CSRs in Verizon receive customer complaints and inquiries through telephone calls, messages, and emails. They also collect and manage customer data, amongst other responsibilities.
- Software Engineer. Verizon software engineers design and develop company software programs, assist coders and programmers to map out programming tasks, and perform other related duties.
- Network Engineer. As a Verizon network engineer, you would troubleshoot company network problems, keep firewall and security software up-to-date, and execute other functions.
Where to Find Verizon Communications Jobs
You can find job openings on Verizon’s career web page and other platforms that publish job vacancies.
9. ABM Industries
ABM Industries Inc. is a professional services organization that provides a series of integrated facility solutions to governmental, residential, retail, institutional, industrial, and commercial clients across hundreds of cities in the US. Its professional services include energy solutions, heating, ventilation, commercial cleaning, maintenance, and repairs.
Jobs Available at ABM Industries
- Program Manager. A program manager oversees the installation and configuration of software and hardware devices, trains operations personnel on system deployment and use, and performs other related responsibilities.
- Service Coordinator. A service coordinator provides professional services for mobility service performance, coordinates with technical resources and partners to create maintenance schedules, and performs other duties.
- Warehouse Worker. A warehouse worker cleans and sanitizes assigned areas, handles general upkeep of assigned work area, and accomplishes other related duties.
Where to Find ABM Industries Jobs
To apply for ABM job openings, check its career page for vacancies. You can also check other vacancy advertisement platforms such as JobGet, Glassdoor, the company’s LinkedIn page, and other job sites.
Pfizer was founded in 1849 as a pharmaceutical and biotechnology company. It is headquartered in Manhattan, New York and is best-known for its groundbreaking research and production of vaccines and medicines. Although Pfizer has broke many records and set many standards in the medical world, its recently gained a lot of popularity among the general public due to the mRNA Covid-19 vaccine it produces.
Jobs Available at Pfizer
- DesignOps Senior Associate. This role requires you to oversee the operations and collaborations of the design team. You’ll need to support them by providing feedback, suggestions for improvement, and appropriate praise.
- Vaccines Health and Sciences Professional. This professional promotes new products, including vaccine portfolios. They travel within a predetermined area to advertise and sell medical products and technologies.
- Data Scientist. Pfizer data scientists are required to gather, interpret, and use data to guide the company in making business decisions.
Where to Find Pfizer Jobs
You can find job opportunities on the company’s career website. You may also find openings on its Linkedln page and other job platforms.
Do Any Large Companies in New York Hire Bootcamp Grads?
Yes. Large companies in New York, especially tech companies, hire graduates from bootcamps. In fact, leading companies across the tech, telecommunications, banking, accounting, and securities industries belong to the partner networks of the best coding bootcamps in New York.
If you don’t have the required degree for your job of interest, you can register and attend a bootcamp that provides job training programs related to such roles.
Largest Companies in New York FAQ
IBM is the largest company in New York with over 350,000 employees. The company cuts across many industries, including the securities industry, and provides corporate solutions and professional services in finance, insurance, and artificial intelligence to name a few.
You can get a job in any of the largest companies in New York without difficulty if you meet the requirements. Large companies such as American Express, Morgan Stanley, and Goldman Sachs have a large employee base and regularly hire new recruits.
"Career Karma entered my life when I needed it most and quickly helped me match with a bootcamp. Two months after graduating, I found my dream job that aligned with my values and goals in life!"
Venus, Software Engineer at Rockbot
Yes. Most companies hire graduates from bootcamps and recognize certificates from job training programs. Look at your skills, interest, and experience to see whether they align with an opportunity in a large retailing organization, pharmaceuticals organization, or insurance organization, to name a few options.
It depends on your role. You will be required to execute some responsibilities in the field and company environment, while others can be executed remotely. If you apply for one of the best tech companies in New York City there is a high chance you will be able to work remotely.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.