Programmers are a hot commodity. If you’ve got coding skills, you can get amazing jobs with excellent pay. Developers are in demand and are only going to be more attractive to hiring managers as we move into the future, so if you’ve been thinking about a career switch, now is a great time. If you’re looking to learn to program but don’t have much free time, UC Davis coding bootcamp could be a fantastic option.
This article will guide you on your journey to becoming a programmer with a UCD coding bootcamp. You’ll find all the information you need to find the right coding program for your lifestyle.
You’ll get to know the people who’ll teach you how to become a coder, examine your curriculum and see the subjects you’ll be learning during this UC Davis bootcamp. You’ll also look into program costs and review the different financial arrangements you can make.
UC Davis Bootcamp Courses
|Description||UC Davis bootcamps provide a wide range of skills for programmers, data analysts, cyber security professionals, digital marketing professionals, and UX/UI specialists.|
These UC Davis bootcamps teach in-demand skills to students through hands-on experience and skills applicable to their selected bootcamp.
These UC Davis bootcamps cover topics such as popular programming languages, front-end web visualization, and Google Analytics. Students are not required to have previous experience to enroll.
|Cost||$8,495 – $12,745|
|Start Dates||Rolling Admission|
|Class Time||Part-Time: 9 hrs./wk.|
|Program Duration||Part-Time: 18-24 weeks|
|Part-Time Courses||Data Analytics Boot Camp, Cybersecurity Boot Camp, Digital Marketing Boot Camp, Coding Bootcamp, UX/UI Boot Camp|
Top UC Davis Coding Bootcamps
UCD bootcamps are an essential tool for students who are looking to upskill or start a new career. Each bootcamp provides technical skills to students looking to enter a high-growth career. Students will gain real-world experience through projects during this comprehensive learning experience. Below we have outlined each UC Davis bootcamp in more detail.
UC Davis Coding Bootcamp
The UC Davis Coding Bootcamp provides students with a full stack learning experience to prepare them for a career in coding. Students are not required to have previous experience in programming to enroll. The UCD Coding bootcamp provides convenient part-time online courses so students can learn the essential skills they need to land their dream job.
What you will learn at UC Davis Coding Bootcamp:
- Full Stack Web Development. The UC Davis Coding Bootcamp teaches individuals the key skills needed to become a full stack web developer. It delves into browser-based technologies, server-side development, and data structures. At the end of the course, students will be able to land an entry-level career in development.
- APIs. Students will learn about API interaction and how APIs can effectively communicate between data applications and devices. At the end of the bootcamp, students will be prepared for a career in application development.
UC Davis Cybersecurity Bootcamp
The UC Davis cyber security bootcamp provides students with the fundamental knowledge they need to become cyber security professionals. This 24-week program is based online and covers essential topics such as IT networking, risk analysis, and modern information security. Its convenient part-time schedule suits students with even the busiest lifestyles.
What you will learn at UC Davis Cybersecurity Bootcamp:
- Ethical Hacking The UC Davis cyber security bootcamp teaches individuals the key skills needed when performing ethical hacking, such as Kali Linux, Hashcat, and Burp suite. It provides an in-depth overview of web vulnerabilities and security and how to asses network risks.
- Cyber Security. Students will learn about creating secure networks through proper design and architecture. Students will also learn how to perform vulnerability assessments, risk management analysis, and other essential security techniques.
- Networking. This UC Davis cyber security bootcamp provides intensive training in networking. This is essential to prevent systems from hackers, viruses, and malware. The UC Davis cyber security bootcamp provides students with complex projects to ensure appropriate hands-on training in networking while utilizing the most up-to-date methods and tools.
UC Davis Data Analytics Bootcamp
The UC Davis data analytics bootcamp provides prospective students with an increasingly sought-after skill: data analysis. Specifically, the UC Davis data analytics bootcamp provides students with skills in programming languages, machine learning, and fundamental statistics. Students will create a professional portfolio to showcase their skills as part of the curriculum.
What you will learn at UC Davis Data Analytics Bootcamp:
- Data Analytics. Students will learn how to use data science fundamentals and analytical knowledge to present key data sets, clean data, and provide in-depth reports based on statistical information.
UC Davis UX/UI Bootcamp
The UC Davis UX/UI bootcamp is an immersive program that uses complex projects to teach students how to use the developer tools and fundamentals they need to create successful, responsive websites. After completing the course, students will receive a certificate.
What you will learn at UC Davis UX/UI Bootcamp:
- Market Research. Researching user needs allows UX/UI developers to validate specific design decisions, develop features, and test ideas in order to build an innovative product. UX/UI developers can use this research to build or overhaul a website with greater success.
- Visualization and Prototyping. Learn how to create website design prototypes to provide to clients. This is essential so that clients can see the overall intent, design, and tone of a website before it goes live. It also provides assistance in testing functionality and mobile optimization.
- Interface Development. Students will learn the difference between a simple user-friendly interface and a cluttered and complex user interface. The UC Davis UX/UI bootcamp will provide students with the knowledge they need to create a balance between design and functionality.
UC Davis Digital Marketing Bootcamp
The UC Davis Digital Marketing bootcamp uses a multidisciplinary approach to train students to become proficient in marketing strategy, advertising, and campaign development. This program provides students with foundational training in Google Analytics, WordPress, and other in-demand technologies.
What you will learn at UC Davis Digital Marketing Bootcamp:
- Marketing Strategy. The UC Davis digital marketing bootcamp teaches students the fundamentals of effective marketing. Students will learn about digital funnels, content strategy, and organic social media. These cumulative skills will provide students with the ability to craft effective marketing strategies.
- SEO Optimization. The UC Davis digital marketing bootcamp also teaches students about the importance of SEO optimization and goes in-depth into the most effective optimization techniques. It covers WordPress, content optimization, link building, and domain authority.
- Advertising. In this portion of the bootcamp, students will learn the fundamentals of digital advertising. Students will learn how to automate digital advertising, organize effective paid advertising campaigns, and target specific audiences for engagement and reach.
UC Davis Coding Bootcamp Locations
Your UC Davis Coding Bootcamp experience will occur online. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, UC Davis halted bootcamp courses on campus and has moved to an online learning platform. The courses still provide students with the foundational skills they need for a future career in their chosen field. Additionally, they still provide career services and tutoring opportunities.
Although the program has moved onto an online format, it is still comprehensive and provides important resources to its students. The only difference is students are no longer required to follow a rigid schedule and can partake in self-paced learning.
UC Davis Bootcamp Reviews
You’ll find positive mentions of the program from former UC Davis coding bootcamp students on school review sites. Students identified many aspects of the program that appealed to them, including job placement, course difficulty, and subject matter.
One reviewer felt that attending the UC Davis coding bootcamp was the best decision he ever made. He appreciated the tutoring services the school offered, which kept him from falling behind, and he liked the career assistance the bootcamp provided. Another former student had great things to say about the staff and how they worked with him to make sure he did well.
UC Davis bootcamps receive overwhelmingly positive reviews. School review sites and student reviews mention the school’s comprehensive curriculum, responsive staff, and excellent career services.
UC Davis Bootcamp Cost
The UC Davis coding bootcamp cost can be an obstacle for those who are facing economic hardship. To get programming experience, you will need to invest some money. It makes sense. Once you get a developer gig, you’ll be making plenty of cash, so picking up the knowledge you need to get the job will cost you. So, how much is UC Davis bootcamp tuition?
UC Davis has competitive tuition rates when compared to similar programs. The courses will cost you between $8,495 and $12,745, which is certainly a chunk of change, but about half the cost of other bootcamps that provide the same training.
Your GI Bill will pay for the class if you’re a veteran or active-duty service member, and you might also want to check out EQUIP, a new program that assists low-income students with school-sponsored bootcamp costs.
UCD Bootcamp Instructors
What’s the difference between a good bootcamp experience and a disappointing one? I don’t know, but it’s crawling on your shoulder. Wait, sorry, wrong punchline. The difference is teacher quality.
The best bootcamp teachers invest themselves in their students and want them to do well. They provide support in any way they can, and they measure their success by their students’ achievements.
At UC Davis coding bootcamp, the instructors haven’t been sheltered in some academic hothouse. They come from private- and public-sector programming jobs and bring decades of practical experience with them. That in-depth knowledge allows them to engage with their classrooms fully and pass their expertise on to a new wave of developers.
UC Davis Bootcamp Schedule
It’s time. You made up your mind and chose a bootcamp, and now you get to go through the let-me-in shuffle. You can plan on a rigorous entrance interview to weed out unserious applicants, and you’ll then need to select the UC Davis bootcamp schedule that works best for you.
Those with full-time jobs can take part-time courses, while those who want to immerse themselves can attend full-time. You’re bound to find a schedule that suits your lifestyle on the UC Davis Extension bootcamp calendar.
UC Davis offers multiple schedules to help you find the right one. Their part-time programs take 18-24 weeks if students dedicate nine hours to the program every week. This part-time schedule is available for all UC Davis bootcamps.
UCD Bootcamp Curriculum
UC Davis developed their bootcamp program in conjunction with Trilogy Education Services. The recent movement into technology bootcamps has kickstarted a conversation on curriculum. What you study in class will affect your future earnings, so you might want to pay attention to the subjects you’ll be learning. You want a bootcamp curriculum that includes common topics but also introduces you to more esoteric concepts that catch employers’ eyes.
UC Davis Bootcamp Job Placement
The battle is only half-won when you complete your coding bootcamp training. It isn’t enough to have coding experience: you still have to find a good job. That’s why coding bootcamps include robust job placement and counseling services along with their educational offerings.
When you job hunt with your bootcamp’s support, you have a leg up on the other applicants and will land more interviews and get considered for more positions.
"Career Karma entered my life when I needed it most and quickly helped me match with a bootcamp. Two months after graduating, I found my dream job that aligned with my values and goals in life!"
Venus, Software Engineer at Rockbot
UC Davis stacks up well in the job placement category against its competitors. While attending bootcamp, you’ll learn how to make your resume shine and find out how to highlight your new training. You’ll also get to meet with counselors in one-on-one sessions to go through mock interviews and learn the skills that get your name on the new-hire shortlists.
UC Davis Bootcamp Admissions Process
Before enrolling, it is important to understand the UC Davis coding bootcamp prerequisites. UC Davis requires students to partake in a competitive admissions process before being accepted into one of their online bootcamps. This process can take up to six weeks to complete. Below we have outlined the process:
- Select a UC Davis bootcamp. Students must select which bootcamp they want to enroll in before beginning any paperwork for admissions. There are five bootcamp options to choose from. Each bootcamp focuses on a different specialization and prepares students for a different career path.
- Fill out the online application. Once you select which bootcamp you want to enroll in, you must go online and fill out the enrollment application. If you do not want to do this online, you can call the admissions office to start the process over the phone. The application requires basic information and educational background.
- Have a phone interview. After an applicant’s admissions packet is reviewed, an advisor will determine whether or not the student should move forward in the admissions process. If the student is recommended, they will partake in a phone interview with an advisor. If the prospective student passes the interview, they move on to the next step.
- Complete a critical thinking assessment Students must participate in a critical thinking assessment. This assessment will prove a student’s current set of stills, strategic thinking, and adaptability in different scenarios.
- Partake in a problem-solving assessment. Students will also be required to participate in a problem-solving assessment. During bootcamps, students must use the curriculum to guide their overall skills development. While practicing foundational skills, students will need to problem-solve during this self-teaching process.
How to Prepare for UC Davis Coding Bootcamp
Now that you are successfully admitted into a bootcamp, you are likely wondering how to prepare for UC Davis coding bootcamp. If you are a complete beginner, it is advisable to begin researching the key topics that will be covered in your UC Davis bootcamp.
UC Davis Bootcamp Payment Options
Enrolling in a bootcamp is an exciting experience. Not only will you be able to learn new foundational skills to upskill, but you will also be able to earn an entry-level position within the field of your choice after completing a UC Davis coding bootcamp.
Although bootcamp enrollment is extremely exciting, it can also be expensive. UC Davis bootcamps provide different methods for students to pay tuition. This helps those facing economic hardship and alleviates the burden of cost. Below we have highlighted the payment options you can use when enrolling in a UC Davis bootcamp.
Interest Free Payment Plan
UC Davis bootcamps allow students to partake in an interest free payment plan. Students will make an initial deposit toward the bootcamp. After this deposit is made, the remaining balance of the bootcamp will be split into monthly payments. It is important to note that the larger the down payment that is provided, the smaller the monthly payments will be.
UC Davis bootcamps provide early registration incentives to prospective students. These consist of a substantial discount to students who enroll and pay within a certain period of time. Early registration periods are typically listed on the UC Davis website.
Take Out a Loan
Students who do not have the financial means to pay for a UC Davis bootcamp can seek a student loan from a traditional financial institution. Student loans are available for a wide array of programs. These loans typically have moderate interest rates and do not require repayment until six months after the end of an educational program.
Pay Up Front
Those who have the funds to do so can choose to pay for the entire program in one fell swoop. Payments can be made by credit card or check. The cost of the course varies according to the program. The cost for each bootcamp is listed on its main page on the UC Davis website.
Is the UC Davis Coding Bootcamp Worth It?
Yes, the UC Davis coding bootcamp is worth it. With UC Davis coding bootcamps, students learn the foundational skills they need for future employment. Students are also provided with tutoring services, career services, and downloadable resources. In general, these bootcamps provide excellent value to students.
Additionally, these programs are delivered through an online learning environment. Each bootcamp provides students with a flexible learning schedule so that they can work a full-time job or attend to other commitments. The UC Davis bootcamps are convenient, affordable, and valuable.
Attending a coding bootcamp can make your career take off. However, it’s crucial to look at the facts before choosing one. We’ve developed this guide to help you with that and give you all the info you need to find your ideal program. You’ll be on your way in no time flat!
UC Davis Coding Bootcamp FAQ
Yes, it is hard to get into a UC Davis bootcamp. This is because the admission process requires students to partake in a phone interview and two assessments before being admitted into the program. If a student does not pass these requirements, they will not be able to participate in the program.
How much does the UC Davis bootcamp cost?
UC Davis bootcamp costs range from $8,495 to $12,745. The cost of UC Davis bootcamps is marginally cheaper than most bootcamps. Additionally, students can opt to enter into an interest free payment plan that splits the cost of the program into affordable monthly payments.
Can non-students attend the UC Davis bootcamp?
The UC Davis bootcamp is open to all eligible adults regardless of their educational level or enrollment status, whether they are current or former students at UC Davis. All students must participate in the enrollment process. Students who pass the admissions screening will be accepted into the program, regardless of residency.
Does the UC Davis bootcamp offer college credits?
The UC Davis bootcamp does not currently offer college credit as part of its curriculum. However, students who complete the program earn a certificate in coding. If students take an alternate bootcamp, then they will receive a certificate of completion in their specialty.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.
Is this class appropriate for people with absolutely zero experience with coding. As in someone who doesn’t quite understand what coding even is?
Hi! Thanks for your comment. Most coding bootcamps require some basic understanding of coding. That’s why we created Career Karma–as a free resource to help people prepare for and get accepted into coding bootcamps. You can head over to our home page here to get started.