Hey, do you want me to let you in on a secret? Programmers are in high demand today. Okay, so that’s not much of a mystery, but it’s true nonetheless. People who can write code command high salaries and get to tackle exciting and complex projects every day. Attending a university coding bootcamp is becoming a popular method to pick up programming skills in a hurry, and the coding bootcamp at UCI is no exception.
We’ve put together this guide to help you decide on the right UC Irvine coding bootcamp. In this article, we examine the UCI bootcamp program, the coursework you’ll study, the instructors you’ll meet, and what you should plan on paying to attend their camp. We’ll also review locations and review the amount of time you’ll need to invest to graduate and succeed.
Find Your Bootcamp Match
- Career Karma matches you with top tech bootcamps
- Access exclusive scholarships and prep courses
UC Irvine Bootcamp Courses
|Description||UC Irvine bootcamp courses provide students with essential STEM skill development. There are five different UC Irvine extension courses that cover coding, data analytics, UX/UI, cyber security, and digital marketing.|
The UC Irvine Extension classes are taught in partnership with Trinity Education services. These online classes prepare students through an intensive development program that utilizes hands-on training.
At the end of the UC Irvine bootcamp courses, students will be able to create a comprehensive portfolio of projects and utilize career services to find their dream job.
|Start Dates||Rolling Admission|
|Class Time||Full-Time: 20 hrs./wk.|
Part-Time: 4-10 hrs./wk.
|Program Duration||Full-Time: 12 weeks|
Part-Time: 18-24 weeks
|Part-Time Courses||Data Analytics, UX/UI, Cybersecurity, Digital Marketing|
Top UC Irvine Coding Bootcamps
If you are interested in full-stack web development, software engineering, or other tech-forward fields, then a coding bootcamp at UCI is a great choice. There are five different UCI coding bootcamps available to choose from.
Each UC Irvine coding bootcamp provides a comprehensive curriculum. This comprehensive curriculum provides students with soft skills training, hands-on experience, and a strong portfolio. Students who successfully finish these Irvine coding bootcamps will be awarded a certificate of completion and will have the skills they need to win an entry-level position in their new field.
UC Irvine Coding Bootcamp
Enrolling in a coding bootcamp from UCI will provide prospective students with the skills they need to enter into a career in full stack development. This bootcamp provides students with experience in different programming languages, teaching complex problem-solving as well as the tools of the trade.
UCI’s coding bootcamp is offered online in full-time or part-time length. Prospective students can review the schedule for each education program and determine which fits their needs best. Irvine coding bootcamps are comprehensive and provide students with the foundational knowledge they need to be successful programming professionals.
What you will learn at UC Irvine Coding Bootcamp:
- Full Stack Development. Students will gain the key skills they need to become full stack web developers. Front end development, backend development, and server-side development will all be covered. Besides creating responsive websites, they’ll also learn about in-demand tools and other development fundamentals.
- API Design. This coding bootcamp at UCI covers the importance of proper API design. It teaches students the importance of useable and intuitive integration through APIs. It also provides examples of cloud friendly apps that utilize APIs and how to avoid API incompatibilities.
UC Irvine Cybersecurity Bootcamp
The UC Irvine cybersecurity bootcamp teaches students about offensive cyber security, network security, risk management, and risk assessment. This cyber security program provides students with the fundamental skills they need to successfully enter into a career as a cyber security professional. The cyber security curriculum is structured as a part-time, self-paced course.
What you will learn at UC Irvine Cybersecurity Bootcamp:
- Ethical Hacking. This UC Irvine cyber security bootcamp extensively covers the importance of ethical hacking and how it can prevent large attacks from bad actors. It provides students with the fundamentals of hacking, provides practice tools, and hands-on projects to gain first-hand experience.
- Networking. This bootcamp also provides training in networking. It provides students with an understanding of Wireshark, packet analysis, system administration, and scripting. These cumulative skills will be useful when conducting a job search for a cyber security career.
- Cyber Security. This portion of the UC Irvine cyber security bootcamp delves deep into vulnerability assessments, cloud security risks, suspicious behaviors and patterns, and how to handle threats.
UC Irvine UX/UI Bootcamp
The UCI UX/UI bootcamp utilizes a virtual classroom experience to teach students how to properly use design software skills and an array of technologies to create responsive websites. The UC Irvine UX/UI bootcamp uses a multidisciplinary approach to teach foundational skills and assists students in creating a professional portfolio to showcase their newly acquired skills.
What you will learn at UC Irvine UX/UI Bootcamp:
- Design Methodology. The UCI UX/UI bootcamp teaches students the fundamental skills they need to create designs, research user expectations, use insight synthesis, and understand user architecture and flow.
- Interface Development. Students learn about atomic design, color theory, typography, interaction design, iconography, and heuristic evaluation. These skills are used in combination with skills in web prototyping and visual prototyping. It assists students in providing a demonstration of mastery in interface development.
UC Irvine Data Analytics Bootcamp
The UCI Data Analytics Bootcamp is a 24-week, part-time data analytics program. It provides students with a knowledge of fundamental statistics, hands-on training, and other in-demand skills to make them into data analytics professionals.
What you will learn at UC Irvine Data Analytics Bootcamp:
- Databases. Students in this UCI Data Analytics Bootcamp will learn to use a broad array of databases to complete complex projects. Databases such as MongoDB, Excel, ETL, and PostgreSQL will be taught.
- Python Programming. This bootcamp will provide students with a deep look into Python programming. It will cover API interactions, Matplotlib, Pandas, SciPy, Python 3, and NumPY which are essential when analyzing and procuring data.
UC Irvine Digital Marketing Bootcamp
The UCI Digital Marketing Bootcamp is an 18-week, part-time digital marketing program that focuses on marketing campaign development, Google Ads, Google Analytics, and marketing strategy. This UCI Continuing Education program has recently been introduced in partnership with Trilogy Education. It aims to prepare students for a career in digital marketing.
What you will learn at UC Irvine Digital Marketing Bootcamp:
- Website Optimization. Students will learn the importance of optimizing marketing campaigns, paid advertisements, and websites. Students will learn fundamental WordPress skills, content optimization SEO, link building, and domain authority.
- Digital Marketing Strategy. Students will learn how to craft effective digital marketing strategies through the utilization of digital funnels, organic social media, customer journeys, and data strategies.
- Digital Advertising. Students will learn how to utilize Google Ads and Google Analytics, optimize paid search advertising, and use paid social media advertising and marketing automation.
The UC of Irvine bootcamp locations have been changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Previously, the UCI bootcamps were located on campus. The UCI Division of Continuing Education determined that due to the pandemic, it would be better to provide these UC Irvine bootcamps online. As such, all bootcamps are now held online.
These bootcamps still give a rewarding experience to students through a virtual learning experience. These bootcamps provide students with a flexible schedule to accommodate busy lifestyles. Most programs are offered online in full- or part-time formats. They offer quality education at an affordable price, all through an online platform.
UC Irvine Bootcamp Review
UC Irvine coding bootcamp gets top marks on school-review websites. The bootcamp curriculum gets many favorable mentions, and most students are happy with the skills that they acquired during their program.
One UCI coding bootcamp review stated that the student appreciated the constant fast pace, which gave her a taste of what to expect in a professional software development environment. They enjoyed the care the bootcamp took to curate the subjects to provide the best material for programming success.
Another reviewer liked UC Irvine bootcamps’ tutoring system, which is available to any student who needs some extra assistance.
UC Irvine Bootcamp Cost
One of the biggest hurdles prospective bootcamp students need to clear is the UC Irvine bootcamp cost. Each UC Irvine bootcamp cost differs based on course type and length of the course.
Although some courses are more expensive than others, overall the UC Irvine Extension tuition is affordable. In fact, it is more affordable and cost-effective than average bootcamp tuition costs. But how much does a UC Irvine bootcamp cost?
You can expect to pay anywhere from $7,995 to $13,995 for a UCI bootcamp. You have several payment options to choose from and can work with the school’s financial office to find the one that’s right for you.
You can also use GI Bill benefits to cover your expenses, and the school has $500 scholarships to take the sting out a bit, too. Check out the EQUIP program as well. You might qualify for federal assistance.
UCI Bootcamp Instructors
If you want to make your bootcamp experience count and lead to a new career, you need to closely examine the bootcamp instructors. Good teachers mean a world of difference when you learn a new subject, and the best ones can make your educational experience both rewarding and enjoyable. Take the time to get to know the teachers you’ll work with in your bootcamp.
UC Irvine hires its instructors from the private and public sector. The school’s teachers have many years of hands-on programming experience and have worked with companies of all sizes and purposes. Their expertise comes in handy when they work with students, as they not only make sure that you learn the subjects that help you find work after graduation but also share valuable real-world experience and advice.
UCI Bootcamp Schedule
Once you’ve done your evaluations and reviewed your likely bootcamp selections, it’s time to make a choice and start the entrance process. To get to your bootcamp classroom, you’ll first need to sit for an entrance interview. Once you’ve passed that, you get to pick the UC Irvine course schedule that fits your needs.
Your UC Irvine course schedule choice will depend on how busy your life is, and you need to find a program with a schedule that works for you. That’s why it’s important to see what schedules each school offers.
You’ll be able to take either full- or part-time courses at UC Irvine, where full-time students get a truly immersive experience and will spend twenty hours a week in the classroom (finishing their course in twelve weeks). If you have a busier life and need to take a part-time bootcamp course, you’ll have 10 in-class hours each week and will wrap up your session after 24 weeks.
UC Irvine Bootcamp Curriculum
Trilogy Education Services worked with UC Irvine to establish their technology bootcamps and help design and administer them. The trend toward coding bootcamps has jump-started a conversation about course curriculum and how it’s important to teach a balance of common and less-common topics so that students get a well-rounded education.
The UCI bootcamp syllabus includes study in a broad array of topics such as:
"Career Karma entered my life when I needed it most and quickly helped me match with a bootcamp. Two months after graduating, I found my dream job that aligned with my values and goals in life!"
Venus, Software Engineer at Rockbot
UC Irvine Bootcamp Job Placement
The fun really begins once you’ve completed your coursework. Getting the information isn’t all you need to do—you have to start making a living as a software developer. That’s where career services come in.
Many coding bootcamps include job placement and career counseling services as part of the bootcamp experience, and having a good career support staff on your side can mean the difference between finding a gig and landing it.
You’ll get to know your UC Irvine bootcamp career assistance staff during your time in school, and you’ll learn how to get your resumé employer-ready and make sure that your new training stands out. You’ll also get face time with career counselors who will walk you through a mock interview process and make sure that you’re ready to face your next employer with confidence.
After utilizing these career services and additional resources, you may be introduced to a career fair to aid you in your job search. Some students even go on to land a UCI coding bootcamp job after they complete their own course. They assist students throughout the bootcamp process as well and assist them in embarking on the career path of their dreams.
UC Irvine Bootcamp Admissions Process
If you are interested in joining a coding bootcamp at UCI, then you must go through the enrollment process. This process can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks to complete. If a prospective student is successful and accepted into the program, a bootcamp admissions team member will contact them. Follow these steps to start the enrollment process:
- Fill out the online application. After deciding which UCI bootcamp you want to attend, you must go online and begin the online application. Full-time students and part-time students will fill out the same application. In the application process, students will select the length of the program they wish to attend.
- Phone interview. If a bootcamp admission team member accepts a student’s application, they will then reach out to that student and conduct a phone interview. This phone interview is essential to moving on to the next step of enrollment.
- Take a critical thinking assessment. Students who pass the phone interview will partake in a critical thinking assessment. This assessment will prove that the student possesses critical thinking abilities, which is an essential skill that will be regularly used throughout the UCI bootcamps.
- Take a problem-solving assessment. After completing the critical thinking assessment, students will take a problem-solving assessment. This assessment measures a student’s ability to work through problems and complex real-world experiences on their own as part of the bootcamp will be self-taught.
- Get accepted and enroll. After a prospective student passes the interviews and assessments, they will receive a response from UC Irvine. Students who are accepted into the program can begin their learning journey right away.
UC Irvine Bootcamp Payment Options
After being accepted into a UCI bootcamp, it is time to settle tuition. In general, the UC Irvine bootcamps are affordable. For those who do not have the means to pay for the bootcamp up front, there are other alternative payment options available. We have outlined all of the payment options below.
An upfront payment is when a student opts to pay for the total tuition bill in one fell swoop. This means students will pay anywhere from $7,995-$13,995 in tuition costs. This upfront payment can be made by credit card through the UC Irvine website. Students who prefer to make upfront payments via check should call the admissions office.
Interest Free Payment Plans
Interest-free payment plans are available to those who cannot afford to make an upfront payment. These installment plans require a student to put down a deposit. After a deposit is received, the remaining cost of the tuition is broken down into interest free monthly payments. The higher the down payment, the lower the monthly cost.
UC Irvine provides early registration periods for prospective students. During the early registration period, students can receive a discount on the total tuition. These early registration periods are posted online on the UC Irvine website. They only last for a short window so it is important to monitor the website for the opportunity.
Scholarship and Sponsorships
Some students enter into coding bootcamp at UCI through sponsorship from their current company. Others research scholarship and grant opportunities. Both opportunities are a great way to save money on tuition. Although these bootcamps are more affordable than other university coding bootcamps, any cost savings can help.
Is the UC Irvine Coding Bootcamp Worth It?
Yes, the UC Irvine coding bootcamp is worth it. These bootcamps offer comprehensive and in-depth learning through real-world experience and hands-on projects. The classes are self-paced which is convenient for learners who work full-time or have a busy lifestyle.
At the end of these bootcamps, students can confidently enter the workforce with their newly acquired skills from hands-on training. UCI bootcamps provide students with the foundational skills they need to be successful in the field of their choice.
Coding Bootcamp UCI FAQ
Yes, it is hard to get into the UC Irvine bootcamps. This is because the UCI bootcamps require students to go through a strict admissions process. This process includes a phone interview, a critical thinking assessment, and a problem-solving assessment.
How much does the UC Irvine bootcamp cost?
There are five different UC Irvine bootcamps. These bootcamps cost anywhere from $7,995-$13,995. The cost of each program varies depending on whether the student is full-time or part-time. The cost of these bootcamps includes all the necessary materials needed to successfully complete the online program.
Can non-students attend courses at the UC Irvine bootcamp?
Yes, UC Irvine bootcamp courses are open to anyone regardless of college enrollment status. Students from around the world apply to the UCI bootcamps. The only requirement students must meet is to pass the rigorous admissions process.
Do UC Irvine bootcamp students earn college credits?
UC Irvine bootcamp courses do not currently offer college credits. However, bootcamp students are given a coding certificate after they graduate from the program.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.