Coding bootcamps give people from all walks of life a chance to learn to code. Sometimes these opportunities can be expensive, which unfortunately creates a barrier for many people who wish to break into the coding world. The good news is that coding bootcamp tuition doesn’t have to be so unattainable. Income share agreements (ISAs) offer bootcamp hopefuls an alternative way to afford their education. You might be wondering, “which schools offer income sharing agreements?” Career Karma is here to keep you informed! Here are the top 5 coding schools that offer ISAs.
1. Kenzie Academy
Kenzie Academy offers programs in software engineering, UX engineering, digital marketing, and more! Tuition costs start at $24,000, plus a la carte 6-month courses for $13,500.
Kenzie offers two ISA programs:
- Full ISA: $100 commitment fee, 17.5% of your earned income for 4 years.
- Half ISA: $12,000 upfront, 17.5% of your earned income for 2 years.
Thinkful offers a full-time engineering immersion course, as well as other part-time courses. Base tuition is $16,000. You won’t pay any tuition until you get a job with an annual salary of at least $40,000.
Thinkful offers two ISA programs:
- ISA: $0 down. Pay 15% of income for 3 years.
- Living Stipend ISA: Receive $1,500 each month for the duration of the 5-month program. Pay 15% of income for 4 years.
3. Flatiron School
Flatiron School courses include software engineering, data science, UX/UI design, and more. Tuition base prices range from $15,000 to $17,000 based on location.
- ISA: $2,000 upfront, 10% of monthly income for a maximum of 2 years. Deferment can be a maximum of 8 years if you’re still earning below the $40,000 threshold.
4. App Academy
- ISA: $3,000 deposit. Pay $25,000 after landing a job with an annual salary of at least $50,000.
- Hybrid Plan: $9,000 upfront. Pay $14,000 after getting a job.
5. Lambda School
Lambda courses include full stack web, IOS development, Android development, data science, UX design, and others. Base tuition is $20,000.
- ISA: $0 down. Pay 17% of earned income (from an annual salary of at least $50,000) for 24 months. Repayment cap is $30,000. If you aren’t making $50,000 per year in 5 years, your contract expires, and you pay nothing.
Ready to take your career to the next level? Career Karma can help!