Each year, there are hundreds of tech and IT events worldwide. These can be a mix of different tech subjects or focus on one specific topic, such as HTML or CSS events. The events themselves might discuss best practices from top professionals, share teasers of the latest technologies, and provide networking opportunities to help advance careers.
With all the events available, deciding which one to attend can be difficult. So, how do you choose the best CSS events? Don’t worry! This article lists the best CSS conferences of 2022 to help you decide and includes details of upcoming events such as dates, locations, ticket prices, and summaries.
What Are CSS Events?
CSS events include conferences, meetups, and workshops where CSS professionals and enthusiasts gather. It is where they share their CSS best practices, learn the latest trends, and widen their professional circles.
Organizations, groups, and associations organize CSS conferences to create and connect web designers, programmers, and web interface creators in a community regardless of their countries. Organizers select CSS professionals known in their fields as guest speakers. Other activities, such as seminars, exhibit halls, and hands-on workshops, make the event enjoyable but informative at the same time.
CSS meetups are held by online groups and communities of professionals who use CSS. These are usually small gatherings of members where they share ideas and get insights from peers. Meetups are often held in cafes, restaurants, and other easily accessible public places.
Benefits of Attending CSS Events, Conferences, or Meetups
Attending events offers various benefits to a professional career. Events, conferences, and meetups can enhance knowledge and exposure. It’s also possible to discover career opportunities at these get-togethers.
- Learn about new CSS trends and innovations. The primary benefit of attending an event is learning current trends and practices. Technology is constantly evolving, requiring even the most experienced CSS professionals to sharpen their skills. This is a great chance to listen and ask questions of key industry leaders and professionals.
- Establish a professional network. The tech industry revolves around a very specialized network. CSS events present a chance to meet fellow CSS professionals and enthusiasts from different backgrounds. Industry peers are valuable resources of ideas, best practices, insights, and contacts that are essential to furthering your career.
- Career development opportunities. A tech conference provides an opportunity to invest in your career development. It enhances your CV, and certificates of attendance provide vital professional credits. Not only that, but you might even meet your next employer.
- Pick up new ideas and share best practices. Conferences often invite leading industry professionals and business leaders as main speakers. Listening to their talks can inspire you with new ideas. They also share their profession’s best practices that might apply to your current job.
Best CSS Events, Conferences, and Meetups: 2022 List
|Event||Dates||Location||Type of Event||Registration Fee|
|HTML & CSS Days||March 21-24, 2022||Munich, Germany
|NVIDIA GTC||March 21-24, 2022||Online||Conference||Free-$149|
|cssday||April 1, 2022||Faenza, Italy
|Hover ‘22||April 1 and 8, 2022||Online||Conference||$59.95-$395|
|Online Together: Spring Summit 2022||April 18-20, 2022||Online||Conference||$325-$950|
|WeAreDevelopers World Congress||June 14-15, 2022||Berlin, Germany
|CascadiaJS 2022||Aug. 30-Sept. 2, 2022||Bend, Oregon||Conference||$750|
|Infobip Shift 2022||Sept. 19-20, 2022||Zadar, Croatia
|An Event Apart Denver||Oct. 10-12, 2022||Denver, Colorado||Conference||$600-$1,500|
|An Event Apart San Francisco||Dec. 12-14, 2022||San Francisco, California||Conference||$600-$1,500|
Best CSS Conferences, Meetups, and Events in 2022: Details
Below is a calendar of events for various CSS conferences. It includes all the important details to know, such as the location, ticket prices, and schedules.
HTML & CSS Days | March 21-24, 2022
- Location: Munich, Germany; Hybrid Online/In-Person
- Cost of Registration: 4-day pass: $1,979; 3-day pass: $1,752; 2-day pass: $1,526; 1-day pass: $904
HTML & CSS Days is an intensive conference with hands-on CSS workshops. It focuses on learning cascading style sheets (CSS) and HTML and highlights the latest CSS techniques. Its workshops offer developers and software professionals valuable and intensive knowledge on essential HTML and CSS topics such as CSS custom properties and plugin styles.
NVIDIA GTC | March 21-24, 2022
- Location: Online
- Cost of Registration: Conference is free. If you’d like to attend the Deep Learning Institute (DLI) workshop, the cost is $149.
NVIDIA GTC is an online conference where tech visionaries, business leaders, and industry peers use AI advancements to solve their biggest challenges. There are sessions with product experts and training with subject matter experts that can take your skills to the next level. It also has a unique developer community, which offers help and support from peers and experts.
cssday | April 1, 2022
- Location: Faenza, Italy; Hybrid Online/In-Person
- Cost of Registration: Online: $29; In-person: $146; Late enrollment: $190
cssday is an Italian conference devoted to CSS, one of the most potent, yet underestimated web development tools. The conference highlights CSS’ ability to make all sites more readable, interactive, and beautiful to look at. Diana Bernabei, an expert web developer, will discuss various CSS frameworks.
Hover ‘22 | April 1 & 8, 2022
- Location: New York; Online
- Cost of Registration: Hover classic access: $59.95; All-conference pass: $115; Hover+ access: $395
Hover is an annual event mainly for front end developers. This online conference will feature various CSS experts and is jam-packed with presentations. This year’s guest speaker is Hui Jing, a front end expert on CSS layout properties such as background color palette, default stylesheets, calendar styles, base styles, color border, and other visibility properties.
Online Together: Spring Summit 2022 | April 18-20, 2022
- Location: Online
- Cost of Registration: 1-day pass: $325; 2-day pass: $650; 3-day pass: $950
Online Together: Spring Summit is a web and content design conference featuring in-depth expert sessions, Q&A with speakers, and more. The speakers provide deep insights into CSS code and the use of its code editor, CSS style, responsive and interactive web designing with minimal-to-no browser inconsistencies, calendar stylesheets with clickable events, and more.
WeAreDevelopers World Congress | June 14-15, 2022
- Location: Berlin, Germany; Hybrid Online/In-Person
- Cost of Registration: Student pass: $147; Congress pass (min. 3): $226; Congress pass: $283
WeAreDevelopers World Congress is the best event to connect with peers and get a comprehensive overview of current insights and future trends in modern software development. It is a must-attend event for software developers, DevOps engineers, UI/UX engineers, and everyone in software and product development.
The event boasts a remarkable lineup of speakers from tech innovators and inventors to core authors and web pioneers. One of the confirmed speakers is John Romero, the award-winning game creator of DOOM and Quake who is considered the father of FPS (frame-per-second).
CascadiaJS | Aug. 30-Sept. 2, 2022
- Location: Bend, Oregon
- Cost of Registration: $750 (Resort accommodation not included)
This is the 10th anniversary of the yearly event, and although CascadiaJS has yet to release many details, the event will definitely be exceptional and include a talented roster of speakers and industry experts based on the previous events.
Infobip Shift 2022 | Sept. 19-20
- Location: Zadar, Croatia; Hybrid Online/In-Person
- Cost of Registration: Student pass: $28; Virtual pass: $45; Standard pass: $136; All-access pass: $182
Infobip Shift is a multistage hybrid conference for software development and technology buffs. The event aims to deliver interactive, engaging, and exciting content on multiple topics while presenting the latest development and technology trends.
It offers many activities, such as talks by guest speakers, virtual experiences, and prospects from the exhibit hall. One of this year’s guest speakers is Håkon Wium Lie, the creator of CSS. Now that’s something to look forward to for CSS professionals and enthusiasts.
An Event Apart Denver | Oct. 10-12, 2022
- Location: Denver
- Cost of Registration: 1-day pass: $600; 2-day pass: $1,100; 3-day pass: $1,500
An Event Apart Denver will focus on digital design topics, UI/UX, and CSS code and provide deep insights into current and future trends. The event aims for attendees to learn from industry and CSS community leaders, web design, and software development. Detailed agendas are not yet available, but some of the brightest tech experts are always invited to speak.
An Event Apart San Francisco | Dec. 12-14, 2022
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Cost of Registration: 1-day pass: $600; 2-day pass: $1,100; 3-day pass: $1,500
An Event Apart San Francisco is the third in a series of CSS events organized by An Event Apart. No further details are available, but if previous events are any indication, it promises to be an exceptional event.
Should I Attend CSS Events in 2022?
Yes, you should attend CSS events this year. There are a lot of advancements, trends, and innovations in web designing and development. It’s worth attending relevant events to help grow your knowledge and career prospects. Many of the events listed above provide options to attend virtually or in person.
CSS Events FAQ
Using CSS in web designing saves loads of time. With CSS, websites are easier to maintain and have consistent designs. CSS provides better website speed and device compatibility with its flexible positioning of design elements.
CSS developers earn roughly $91,523 each year, according to Glassdoor. The pay rises significantly in tandem with experience, expertise, and knowledge of other CSS-complementary web tools.
You can start by researching and reading books and online materials about CSS basics and their uses. CSS bootcamps are a great subversive way to learn comprehensive CSS skills to jumpstart your career. Educational sites such as Udemy and Coursera also offer online courses.
Yes, CSS fundamentals are easy to learn and relatively easy to understand, but the more you learn and grow your skills with CSS, the more complex and challenging the projects become.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.