Digital marketers use online tools to promote products and services. They create strategies to drive profitability with the help of email marketing and social media marketing. A free digital marketing bootcamp is hard to come by, but other free bootcamps and resources can provide you with coding training and skills to boost your digital marketing strategies.
In this article, we will discuss how to learn digital marketing for free through bootcamp programs. We will also cover several free digital marketing courses, as well as other resources that you can use to enhance your digital marketing skills and knowledge.
Free Coding Bootcamps to Learn Digital Marketing
|Coding Bootcamp||Free Digital Marketing Program||Location||Format|
|Ada Developers Academy||Ada Build Live||Seattle||Hybrid|
|Founders and Coders||Skills Bootcamp||London||In-Person|
|Resilient Coders||Resilient Bootcamp||Boston||Online|
|Skillcrush||Free Coding Bootcamp||New York||Online|
|Skills Bootcamps In Digital Marketing||Think Employment||UK||Online|
Best Free Coding Bootcamps to Learn Digital Marketing
Below you will find a brief description for each of the programs listed above. While finding a free digital marketing bootcamp is very difficult, we’ve also included free bootcamp programs that focus on coding fundamentals, which can be implemented in the creation of engaging websites or for effective, data-driven market research.
Ada Build Live | Ada Developers Academy
This program teaches coding fundamentals to familiarize you enough with programming languages so that you can code user-friendly and efficient websites that can climb the Google ranks with ease. It also teaches effective Internet searching skills that greatly help in assessing the effectiveness of digital advertising campaigns.
Skills Bootcamp | Founders and Coders
Resilient Bootcamp | Resilient Coders
Free Coding Bootcamp | Skillcrush
This bootcamp is developed to make you fluent in the languages of HTML and CSS by getting you access to real-world data regarding domains, web hosting, and FTP. It teaches you to make efficient use of responsive typography, which will allow you to create more effective landing pages as part of your digital marketing strategy.
Skills Bootcamps In Digital Marketing | Think Employment
This digital marketing bootcamp is UK based but can be taken online. It lasts 16 weeks, during which you will learn how to start a career in digital marketing. Topics include building a brand, graphic design, Google and SEO, WordPress and Elementor, and how to leverage analytics to maximize the impact of your digital campaigns.
What Skills Will I Learn in a Free Digital Marketing Course or Bootcamp?
Free digital marketing courses and bootcamps will teach you the fundamentals of the field and give you an understanding of the different tools you can use to promote businesses, services, and products. Some of the common skills you’ll learn include.
- How to use analytics for strategy creation
- The basics of SEO
- How to use Facebook and Google ads
- The fundamentals of email marketing
- How to outline a digital marketing strategy
How Long Does it Take to Learn Digital Marketing?
It can take between one to three months to learn the fundamentals of digital marketing, but how long it takes you will depend on how much time you spend studying, the quality of the resources you use, and your previous knowledge on the topic. Digital marketing is an ever-evolving field, so students need to be open to continuous learning throughout their careers.
Best Free Digital Marketing Courses
The best free digital marketing courses can help you master the basics and determine whether this field is right for you. Below is a list of free online marketing classes you can take to build up your skills.
- Digital Marketing Specialization | Coursera. This course helps beginners understand the fundamentals and takes a multidisciplinary approach to the field. You’ll also learn about automated workflows with the help of this course.
- “Do it Yourselves” DIY Digital Marketing: A Complete Guide. Learn different easy-to-implement digital marketing tactics that will allow you to monetize your products, capture business leads, sell digital downloads, create email sequences, and more.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialization | Coursera. This course teaches you to incorporate search engine optimization strategies to your business strategy.
Free Digital Marketing Certifications and Certificates
Free digital marketing certifications and certificates serve as proof of your skills and can give you a leg up during your job hunt. You can earn certificates by completing the courses below, or by completing courses in Coursera and paying a small fee.
- Meta Social Media Marketing | Coursera. Earn a professional certificate for Meta social media marketing by choosing this course. Learn to effectively follow Google trends by applying more than just basic knowledge regarding the world of social media.
- Digital Garage: Fundamentals of Digital Marketing | Google. This free set of courses offered by Google teaches students how to start and scale a business, how to promote it effectively, and how to expand it to reach different audiences.
- Introduction to Digital Marketing | Great Learning. This free, 2-hour course teaches you about SEO and SEM, and content, email, and social media marketing.
Learn Digital Marketing Free: Other Resources
There are many other resources you can leverage to start learning about the world of digital marketing. Aside from the ones listed below, you can join forums, Facebook groups, and other online communities to connect with other marketers and start learning the ropes.
- Copyblogger. This blog provides the information contained within their free digital marketing courses in a simple format. The blog teaches you to become a leader in the digital economy and take a deeper dive into the field.
- Moz Beginner’s Guide to SEO. This short certification takes a few days to complete and teaches the basics of digital marketing. It provides essential knowledge and talks about the tools needed when performing search marketing.
- Search Engine Land. Search Engine Land is an online blog dedicated to talking exclusively about the trends in digital marketing. A consistent read of this resource aims to provide knowledge regarding conversion rate optimization through different digital marketing languages.
- Sololearn. Python Core on Sololearn is an online platform dedicated to providing free access to information regarding coding and related subjects. It provides helpful insights when designing digital marketing strategies.
Are Free Digital Marketing Bootcamps Worth it?
Yes, free digital marketing bootcamps can be a great way to learn the basics of the field. However, they are few and far between. But if you’re interested in the field, there are also plenty of courses, certifications, and other forms of training that you can leverage to build a strong foundation and start applying for entry-level marketing jobs.
Free coding bootcamps can also provide you with a coding foundation that you can then use to create data-driven marketing campaigns and strategies, design attractive and user-friendly websites, and automate many tasks in the world of marketing.
Free Digital Marketing Bootcamps FAQ
It is important because it provides a mode of communication between a business and its acquired and potential customers. A digital marketing strategy helps a business enhance customer engagement and access more target customers to increase sales.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the most in-demand skills today. According to Statista, SEO is the third most in-demand content marketing skill. Strategy is the most in-demand skill and social media is the second most in-demand. Good knowledge of SEO allows you to develop an effective content strategy, which in turn helps you drive up conversions on your website and social media.
Yes, digital marketing courses are definitely worth the time and effort that you need to put into them. Once you become a master in digital and content marketing, the rewards are high in terms of career opportunities and resulting salaries. According to ZipRecruiter, the average salary for digital marketing professionals is $60,085 per year.
Free digital marketing bootcamps and free digital marketing courses cannot completely replace the traditional modes of teaching. They have, however, become an excellent way for people to pivot into the field and gain the necessary skills to land entry-level jobs.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.