Technology has fundamentally changed the way we learn. In recent years, for instance, we have seen more platforms like Superprof use the digital space to deliver a seamless and effective remote-learning experience, making education just a few clicks away.
To date, Superprof has catered to over 35 million students worldwide with guidance from more than 20 million teachers who specialize in a wide array of subjects.
Understanding the Trends in the Educational Industry
Online learning is the future of education. In fact, research shows that about 90 percent of businesses now use online learning solutions as a medium for upskilling. While the COVID-19 pandemic accelerated this growth, the online learning industry was already increasing before 2020.
Several factors contribute to this widespread adoption. There’s the convenience that remote learning brings; you can learn from anywhere, with no more hassle of traveling to school. It’s also relatively cheaper than on-campus learning. Flexibility is also another advantage of online learning. Most online programs are accessible 24/7, allowing you to learn at your pace.
By many accounts, online learning is a valuable alternative to face-to-face learning. According to techjury, 52 percent of American graduate students and 39 percent of undergraduate students believe online learning is better than classroom learning.
Despite the success of online learning solutions, like everything else in life, it comes with some challenges.
For one, because most online learning programs are self-paced and contain recorded lectures, some students struggle to stay motivated and on track with their learning. Others, meanwhile, feel isolated due to the lack of face-to-face interaction. Finally, since the digital space is filled with thousands of online courses, learners understandably struggle to distinguish quality programs that offer quality instruction.
This is where Superprof comes in.
The Superprof community comprises over 20 million tutors teaching over 2,000 subjects, including science, programming, design, and sports.Join the Superprof community.
A Quick Overview of Superprof
Superprof is a global platform that aims to personally connect students to skilled teachers and professionals worldwide in an online tutoring platform. It was launched in France in August 2013 under the leadership of CEO Wilfried Granier and General Director Camille Lemardeley.
Lemardeley shared that he used to teach math classes but found it hard to find students. “I decided to create an education-first platform with Mr. Wilfried Granier, the company’s founder. [The platform] could work in every country to connect students and teachers in more than 2,000 subjects,” said Lemardeley.
Granier added: “When people think of online classes, they think of Math, English, and so on, but never about skate courses, dance, or even sport. That’s what we wanted to achieve with Superprof.”
By the following year, Superprof already had over 100,000 tutors, making it one of the largest communities of tutors in France at the time. By 2017, the community had one million certified tutors and had opened communities in India, Chile, and Argentina.
Fast forward to 2022, the Superprof community has grown to over 40 countries, including the US, UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa. The platform hosts over 20 million tutors that have helped over 35 million learners.
Why Superprof Is the Future of Education
Superprof bridges the gap between great teachers and enthusiastic learners. According to Lemardeley, six things set Superprof apart from its competitors.
- Students can learn from anywhere in the world using webcams and video conferencing tools. In some cities, learners may choose to arrange physical sessions with tutors to get a face-to-face learning experience.
- There’s no shortage of subjects to learn at Superprof. The platform offers tutoring in more than 2,000 learning areas, accommodating nearly all kinds of expertise and interests.
- Since the online platform is free for teachers, Superprof has more than 20 million tutors globally. Interested students can use the platform’s search engine to find a teacher that best suits their needs.
- Superprof’s business model is likewise notable. Teachers set their rates, and students only pay if their chosen teacher accepts their tutoring request. This model creates a platform that only houses motivated, paying students.
- Superprof vets its tutors to ensure they offer quality instruction. The first step in the tutor application process is submitting a complete and detailed teaching advertisement. Prospective tutors also have to submit recommendations from people outside Superprof. The platform asks for diplomas, certifications, and degrees, depending on the course they want to teach.
“Then, the most important thing is reviews. Every time a student books a lesson, we ask for reviews. Reviews make decision-making easier for students, as it adds credibility to the platform,” Lemardeley shared.
- Superprof has a “first-class-free” policy in place. All teachers offer their first class for free when creating a Superprof advertisement. This unpaid class allows the tutor to understand the needs of their students. The first class also helps the tutor and student get to know and better understand each other.
When a tutor’s status upgrades, they have the choice to keep their first lesson free or start charging for it. Lemardeley said that this policy is an effective way to push students to contact and try tutors at the beginning of their Superprof experience.
With all these features in place, Superprof is only looking to grow bigger and better. “We are working on new products like integrated Zoom classes within Superprof,” shared Lemardeley. “We are continuously expanding to new countries so that students can meet online teachers from around the world and much more.”
Join the Superprof Community
Superprof is a unique online learning platform that allows users to learn and earn from online tutoring. It is growing rapidly in the UK, US, India, and many other countries worldwide. In under ten years, the platform has accumulated 20 million tutors in 42 countries.
Join the Superprof community, choose your tutor, and get your first lesson for free today.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.