Find Your Bootcamp Match
- Career Karma matches you with top tech bootcamps
- Access exclusive scholarships and prep courses
What Is Python?
Python is a dynamic and versatile object-oriented programming language with a lot of potential applications. This high-level programming language is used for web applications, desktop software programs, data analytics, task automation, machine learning, and game development, among others.
Python, on the other hand, is extremely versatile. Games, software programs, mobile development, and data analysis can be done entirely with Python. You can also execute more tasks in a line of code using Python. This makes it a popular language for developers across various fields.
Meanwhile, Python is a general-purpose language that is highly versatile. You can use Python for scientific and specialized applications. Some of its most common applications include machine learning, the Internet of Things, rapid prototyping web scripting, and XML processing. It is reported that Python is used by companies like Intel, IBM, NASA, Pixar, and Netflix.
Arrays, Lists, and Tuples
However, Python also supports another type of list that is immutable, called tuples. Tuples are a read-only type of list in which the values cannot be changed. The sequence of items in a tuple is separated with a comma and contained inside parenthesis.
Attributes and Properties
Jobs That Use Python
- Software engineers. Python software engineers build new applications, maintain existing systems, and configure programs unique to their organization using Python.
- Data engineers. Python is an essential skill for data engineers in order to build systems that collect, manage, and store data in a secure and effective manner.
- Data analysts. Data analysts use Python to mine, analyze, interpret, and visualize data that can be used to make informed business decisions.
- Front end developers. Front end developers build robust websites and web applications and ensure positive user interaction and experience.
- Full stack software developers. Full stack software developers are responsible for building and maintaining the server-side and client-side of an application or software.
If you’re looking for an introduction to Python, Udemy offers a free Python course for beginners that only takes 90 minutes to complete. Codecademy also offers a free online Python 2 course, which is an excellent way to start learning to code.
"Career Karma entered my life when I needed it most and quickly helped me match with a bootcamp. Two months after graduating, I found my dream job that aligned with my values and goals in life!"
Venus, Software Engineer at Rockbot
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.