Find Your Bootcamp Match
- Career Karma matches you with top tech bootcamps
- Access exclusive scholarships and prep courses
Another advantage of working remotely is the ability to choose your own hours and maybe achieve a better work-life balance. Virtual jobs with flexible working hours are the most common types of remote jobs. On the other hand, on-site assignments need physical, face-to-face interactions between members of the technical team and stricter time constraints.
Many job postings for remote developers can be found online. Jobs for entry-level front end, backend, and full stack engineers are very common. Senior positions such as senior PHP developer, specialized Angular developer, and React engineer are also frequently advertised.
- Average Salary: $109,670
- Average Remote Salary: $104,875
- Companies That Hire Remote Angular Developers: Zachary Piper Solutions LLC, DISYS, NativoPlus
- Average Salary: $154,550
- Average Remote Salary: $133,879
- Companies That Hire Remote Blockchain Developers: Blockdaemon, Coinme, RECUR
A blockchain development company hires blockchain developers to secure digital transactions and on-chain interactions by creating decentralized finance platforms to record and store blockchain data.
They design the smart contract systems and monitoring platforms, deal with various blockchain limitations like underflow issues and front end development, and maintain the public blockchain. Developers with extensive Redux and backend development experience are excellent candidates for remote work.
- Average Salary: $91,640
- Average Remote Salary: $113,333
- Companies That Hire Remote PHP Developers: Neubus Inc., RealPage Inc., Insight Global
- Average Salary: $108,175
- Average Remote Salary: $107,082
- Companies That Hire Remote React Engineers: Cognizant Technology Solutions, Bank of America, Briebug
- Average Salary: $85,830
- Average Remote Salary: $98,665
- Companies That Hire Remote UX/UI Developers: Big Viking Games, Create Ape Inc., Cubic
UI/UX developers work on front end development. They create an interactive and responsive website design for a positive and solid user experience. A mid-level UI/UX developer with advanced skills and knowledge in various projects is a good candidate for remote work.
Nowadays, finding remote full-time employment with fixed pay or a contract-type freelance position is simple. Job seeking is a breeze with all of the current job advertising sites. If you can’t find a career that suits you, don’t worry. To stay up to date with the jobs being posted, you can turn on a platform’s job alerts and subscribe to its email digest. Listed below are the three most user-friendly freelance job platforms.
Dribbble is one of the most popular job boards with multi-level user access that has various developer jobs, including CSS developer and backend scala developer. It also gives users an effortless way of updating their work availability. Moreover, upgrading to a pro-level membership grants exclusive freelance job board access.
- Senior Product Designer | Artifact Uprising
- User Experience Lead | Whizz HR
- Senior Product Designer | Method
SimplyHired is a free job board with a clean user interface that makes job browsing by category very easy. Various freelance opportunities for skilled developers in different fields, like software development, finance, and marketing, are collated and listed, and each contains a detailed job description.
Job seekers can access a company’s website to find more information, such as salary ranges for different job types, a list of offered benefits such as health insurance and vision insurance, and reviews provided by a company’s actual employees.
- Junior Full Stack Developer | Edgewater Federal Solutions, Inc.
- Front End Engineer | Avenue Code
We Work Remotely (WWR)
We Work Remotely is a job board with an extensive user base of around three million visitors per month. It has a large volume of job postings even for an entry-level developer, from favorite companies such as Google, InVision, and Amazon. With WWR, job seekers do not need to create a user profile or provide an email address to search for a job.
- Senior UI Developer | CGI
- Blockchain Developer | Upstack Technologies Inc.
"Career Karma entered my life when I needed it most and quickly helped me match with a bootcamp. Two months after graduating, I found my dream job that aligned with my values and goals in life!"
Venus, Software Engineer at Rockbot
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.