The state of Utah is no exception to the widespread encouragement of entrepreneurship throughout the US. The largest companies in Utah, a state known for its rugged beauty and its affiliation with the Church of Latter-Day Saints, are mostly in the fields of healthcare, finance, and education.
Utah offers a unique culture that incorporates historical and modern aspects and is home to an array of job opportunities. To get a feel for which industries are thriving in Utah, this guide will introduce you to the top 10 largest companies in the state, and where to find Utah jobs.
How We Defined the Largest Companies in Utah
This list is based on the number of employees working for each company. The largest corporation in Utah according to this metric is Teleperformance, a company that employs about 300,000 people.
The Top 10 Largest Companies in Utah
|Rank||Company||City||Number of Employees|
|1||Teleperformance||Salt Lake City||300,000|
|2||Intermountain Healthcare||Salt Lake City||41,700|
|3||University of Utah Health||Salt Lake City||20,000|
|4||Zions Bancorporation||Salt Lake City||10,000|
|5||Vivint Smart Home||Provo||10,000|
|6||Southern Utah University||Cedar City||6,964|
|8||Utah Transit Authority||Salt Lake City||2,900|
|9||Weber State University||Ogden||2,500|
|10||Icon Health & Fitness||Logan||2,400|
Founded in 1978, Teleperformance is devoted to providing exceptional customer care. The global company offers customer service solutions, technical support, and specialized digital solutions to clients. Teleperformance boasts an annual revenue of $5.3 billion.
Jobs Available at Teleperformance
- Technical support representative. These employees are responsible for handling and responding to customer inquiries.
- Automotive sales and service representatives. These representatives will field customer inquiries on behalf of an automotive company. They will offer innovative solutions to solve customer problems.
- Social media content moderator. Social media content moderators oversee user-generated content on clients’ platforms. They do so by reviewing videos, images, and written content to ensure that they meet community requirements and standards.
Where to Find Teleperformance Jobs
You can secure employment at Teleperformance by visiting the company’s website. The company also has a Facebook community where you can connect with people and get information. Don’t forget to check online job boards like Indeed as well.
2. Intermountain Healthcare
This non-profit healthcare organization is located in Salt Lake City. Intermountain Healthcare boasts 22 hospitals and employs 1,100 primary and secondary care physicians at over 185 clinics located in Utah, Idaho, and Nevada.
Jobs Available at Intermountain Healthcare
- General neurologist. These specialists diagnose and treat patients who are suffering from neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
- Endocrinologist. Endocrinologists must be able to carry out testing services to find and treat hormonal imbalances in patients.
- Business systems analyst. These analysts work with businesses to improve their operations and increase their growth potential by implementing innovative techniques.
Where to Find Intermountain Healthcare Jobs
You can find Intermountain Healthcare jobs by visiting the company’s headquarters in Salt Lake City or by checking for job openings on its website.
3. University of Utah Health
University of Utah Health focuses on improving individual and community health and quality of life. The health system provides patient care for several people in Utah, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and some parts of Nevada.
Jobs Available at University of Utah Health
- Health care assistant. Health care assistants work on site to diagnose and treat patients. They assist doctors during surgery, order lab tests, and design treatment plans.
- Data entry specialist. Data entry specialists are in charge of preparing, verifying, and entering data into computerized information systems. They are not responsible for providing patient care.
- Patient admission representative. These representatives identify patients and collect insurance and demographic information. They may also collect payments from patients.
Where to Find University of Utah Health Jobs
You can find University of Utah Health jobs by looking for openings at online job boards, including indeed.com. You can also visit its website to learn more about the available jobs.
4. Zions Bancorporation
Zions Bancorporation is one of the premier financial services companies in the US, comprising a variety of banks in 11 states in the western US. It operates more than 480 full-service banks and holds assets of more than $70 billion.
Jobs Available at Zions Bancorporation
- Sourcing and contracts manager. These managers plan and implement sourcing strategies. They also lead all sourcing activities for software, hardware, and professional services at the bank. In addition, they determine contract demands and ensure terms and conditions comply with laws and regulations.
- Operational analyst. Operational analysts work with different business owners to review operational data and technical challenges and make recommendations for improvements.
- Business analyst. They are the primary point of contact for managing the company’s supply chain. They must possess analytical skills and be able to prioritize.
Where to Find Zions Bancorporation Jobs
You will find jobs at Zion Bancorporation by visiting the company’s website. You can also use Indeed to find a job at the company.
5. Vivint Smart Home
Vivint Smart Home is a public smart home company based in Provo. It specializes in security cameras that are monitored via an app. The tech company has over 10,000 employees and generated $1.26 billion in revenue in 2020.
Jobs Available at Vivint Smart Home
- Field service technician. These professionals are responsible for providing top-quality maintenance services for Vivint products.
- Direct-to-home installation technician. These technicians specialize in installing and servicing Vivint’s authorized smart home technology.
- NIS QA specialist. These specialists analyze sales calls to ensure that they meet the company’s standards.
Where to Find Vivint Smart Home Jobs
You will find jobs at this international company by visiting Vivint Smart Home’s website.
6. Southern Utah University
Southern Utah University is a public university located in Cedar City. It generates annual revenue of about $1.15 million. In 2020, the school’s nearly 7,000 employees made an average annual salary of about $76,000.
Jobs Available at Southern Utah University
- Associate professor. An associate professor teaches classes that are relevant to their particular field. They also develop lesson plans and curricula for university courses alongside other professors.
- Education coordinator. They develop and enhance education curricula. They also give feedback to teachers.
- Researcher. Researchers collect, organize, analyze, and interpret data and opinions to solve problems in their field.
Where to Find Southern Utah University Jobs
Visit Southern Utah University’s website to browse job openings.
7. CHG Healthcare
CHG Healthcare offers healthcare staffing services to healthcare facilities in the rural western US. Founded in 1979, the company helps about 25 million patients annually. It generated $147.4 million in revenue in 2020.
Jobs Available at CHG Healthcare
- Administrative assistant. Administrative assistants support sales teams and prepare templates for medical agreements between clients and providers.
- Associate recruiter. These professionals are in charge of following leads on the Internet to bring in new job applicants.
- Financial analyst. Financial analysts are tasked with settling accounts and preparing financial reports.
Where to Find CHG Healthcare Jobs
You can find job openings at CHG healthcare by visiting its website. You can also check out CHG Healthcare’s LinkedIn page to learn more about its available job opportunities.
8. Utah Transit Authority
Utah Transit Authority provides public transportation for people in Salt Lake City and the metropolitan areas of Ogden, Provo, and Park City. The company employs nearly 3,000 people and generates annual revenue of about $54.5 million.
Jobs Available at Utah Transit Authority
- Bus operator. Bus operators drive buses, carry out standard pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections, and communicate with dispatchers, supervisors, and passengers.
- Public safety records supervisor. These supervisors keep records of operations and work alongside local law enforcement agencies.
- Technology support specialist. Tech support specialists offer technological and telecommunications support. They also serve as assistants to desktop and server analysts to carry out administration functions.
Where to Find Utah Transit Authority Jobs
You can find jobs at Utah Transit Authority by either visiting its website or LinkedIn page.
9. Weber State University
Weber State University is committed to providing excellent educational services. It is a key contributor to the education industry in northern Utah, employing 3,443 people and generating about $133 million in revenue per year.
Jobs Available at Weber State University
- University counselor. Counselors help students deal with mental and emotional issues they may be facing.
- Assistant professor of professional sales. This assistant professor is responsible for developing and teaching courses in professional sales, both offline and online.
- Anthropology professor. An anthropology professor teaches one of the four main facets of anthropology, which includes archeology, linguistic anthropology, biological anthropology, and cultural anthropology.
Where to Find Weber State University Jobs
Jobs can be found at Weber State University by visiting its website or by checking out local job boards.
10. Icon Health & Fitness
Founded in 1977, this top-rated Utah business has emerged as an industry leader in the health and fitness product market. Icon Health & Fitness produces brands such as NordicTrack and ProForm home fitness equipment. In 2020, the company generated about $1 billion in revenue.
Jobs Available at Icon Health & Fitness
- Route trainee. These professionals help route service representatives with loading and unloading trucks, and delivering customer products such as dietary supplements.
- Financial analyst. Financial analysts generate timely and accurate financial reports and analyses for the company’s executives.
- Production team leaders. Team leaders create an excellent environment for their colleagues. They also carry out regular inspections and document the results.
Where to Find Icon Health & Fitness Jobs
You can visit the Icon Health & Fitness website to find out about job openings. Don’t forget to check job boards as well.
Do Any Large Companies in Utah Hire Bootcamp Grads?
Yes, large companies in Utah hire bootcamp graduates. In fact, it is one of the best ways to secure employment opportunities in Utah. Online coding bootcamps can be a quick way to learn in-demand skills that will improve your chances of being hired.
Largest Companies in Utah FAQ
There are 203,468 small businesses in Utah and they provide a wide range of services, from healthcare to manufacturing and construction.
Yes, there are technology companies in Utah. Among them are Vivint Smart Home and Qualtrics.
"Career Karma entered my life when I needed it most and quickly helped me match with a bootcamp. Two months after graduating, I found my dream job that aligned with my values and goals in life!"
Venus, Software Engineer at Rockbot
The biggest companies by revenue in Utah are Teleperformance, Vivint Solar, RC Willey Home Furnishings, and Mountain America Credit Union.
Yes, bootcamps are helpful in securing jobs at the biggest companies in Utah. Many employers will be looking for the in-demand skills that can be acquired at the best coding bootcamps in Salt Lake City.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.