The digital space has created various opportunities for people of all ages to work in the gig economy. There are several online jobs for 15-year-olds, and they can work during summer vacations or on the weekends. Online job opportunities allow you to earn extra money while staying in the comfort of your home and avoiding commuting.
Online jobs allow teenagers to explore potential career interests, develop career skills, and earn money. If you have a passion for graphic design, strong communication and grammar skills, or a desire to promote your favorite stores, you can find job opportunities online to earn extra money or help you save for college. In this article, we’ve compiled a list of online jobs for 15-year-olds to make money in 2022.
How to Make Money as a 15-Year-Old with Online Jobs
You can earn money online by doing hourly jobs or sharing your skills and personality. If you are a creative person, you can become an influencer, blogger, content writer, photographer, or graphic designer.
There is no minimum age requirement for online freelancing projects, allowing teens to do small and large tasks online. A wide variety of companies are hiring teenagers for part-time jobs to practice new skills. You will get paid by clients depending on the freelancing platform, contract, and milestones achieved.
Pros and Cons of Online Jobs
Online job opportunities provide numerous benefits, but there are also a few drawbacks to working online as a 15-year-old. If you’re thinking about getting an online job as a 15-year-old, you should consider the pros and cons below.
Pros of Working Online as a 15-Year-Old
- Comfortable. As a teenager, you can make money online and learn a lot from the comfort of your own home.
- Good pay. Most online jobs pay the same as in-person jobs, regardless of whether you are 15 or older.
- Flexible. When you work online, you can set your own schedule that works best around your coursework and extracurricular activities.
- Educational. Getting an online job is a great way to learn about new interests, gain new skills, and become more responsible.
- Experience. When you start working online, you can gain practical experience to add to your resume.
Cons of Working Online as a 15-Year-Old
- Distractions. Working online takes time and may interfere with your education. If you want to work online, you must learn time management skills.
- Stress. Working while studying can be stressful as a teen. Online jobs require concentration and time to find clients, complete project work, and establish an online freelance profile.
- Scams. When working online, you must be cautious of scams. This can be difficult at first if you have little or no experience.
- Overworking. Pursuing online jobs may require you to work more hours. It can be tempting to work long hours to make money online.
- No social interaction. Working from home reduces the opportunity to develop social skills in a work environment.
What Online Jobs Hire 15-Year-Olds?
There are direct sales opportunities, creative jobs on social media sites, and other business opportunities that pay teenagers part-time or full-time jobs online. In the table below, you can find the hourly wages for the best online jobs for teens.
|Data Entry Clerk||No Minimum||$17.24|
|Customer Service Associate||No Minimum||$17.23|
|Virtual Assistant||No Minimum||$16.05|
|Sales Associate||No Minimum||$11.41|
|Survey Taker||No minimum||25.38|
10 Jobs for 15-Year-Olds to Make Money Online
1. Freelance Photographer
If you have creative skills, you can take photographs and share them on social media platforms such as Instagram. You can also become a freelance photographer and take photos for people’s social media accounts. You can also help professional photographers set up their equipment, take photos, and edit photos.
2. Freelance Writer
Do you consider yourself a good writer? You can improve your writing skills and learn best practices by creating blog posts, guest posts, or ghostwriting as a freelance content writer. There are various types of writing jobs available on freelance websites that will provide you with extra income and content development experience.
3. Video Editor
You can create and edit videos for social media platforms if you have a passion for videography. You can earn extra money and help others as a video editor once you have a significant following.
4. Affiliate Marketer
You can become an influencer and earn money through affiliate marketing as a 15-year-old. There are affiliate marketing jobs available online for freelancers and there is no minimum age requirement. You can gain skills and knowledge for a career in digital marketing by taking an affiliate marketing role.
Are you getting great grades in a subject in school? You can tutor in your favorite subject to earn real money outside of school hours. You will find potential students to teach around the world.
6. Data Entry Clerk
With a good Internet connection and typing speed, data entry jobs are good jobs for teens. In this role, you can improve both soft skills and technical skills. If you are familiar with Microsoft Office, you will be on your way to having the required expertise for inputting data.
7. Customer Service Representative
Customer service jobs are also available online for teens, though some companies may have a minimum age requirement. Customer service representative jobs are difficult for young people to obtain, but they provide a lot of confidence for jobs in the hospitality or retail industries. You will be able to learn valuable customer service skills through hands-on experience.
8. Virtual Assistant
Working as a virtual assistant is another online opportunity for teens. In this role, they handle administrative tasks for a client’s business. Teens can do it as a summer job with parental consent. In this role, you will gain time management and organizational skills to include in your cover letter for entry-level jobs after high school.
9. Sales Associate
You can become a sales associate and sell products for businesses. This is an entry-level position where you will receive some training and learn more about sales and business skills. You can explore local businesses for this position, as larger companies may have a high school diploma or age requirement.
10. Survey Taker
You can earn money by taking online surveys if you have some spare time. There are websites like Survey Junkie, SurveySavvy, and SwagBucks collect information for marketing purposes through surveys. This is not a full-time job, but you can get cash, gift cards or electronic gift cards, money-back coupons, or credit points for shopping.
Other Easy Jobs for 15-Year-Olds
- Pet sitting. Being a pet sitter is an easy and fun job for teens to earn extra spending money. Opportunities in this line of work are growing, with a 33 percent job outlook for animal care workers.
- Busser. Learn about customer service and hospitality by bussing at restaurants and cafes in your free time. This is a good job for school students as its busy hours are typically outside school hours.
- Dishwashing. You can work as a dishwasher in the catering industry in your free time to make extra cash.
- Barista. If you enjoy coffee, consider becoming a barista and earn an average of $11.60 per hour.
- Grocery shopper. You can become a grocery shopper as a 15-year-old and help customers bag their purchases or assist store associates in stocking products.
Should You Get an Online Job as a 15-Year-Old?
Yes, you should get an online job as a 15-year-old. Online, you can easily find jobs for teens that pay at least $10 per hour to supplement your income. There are opportunities for teens to work and share their skills in their spare time.
Online jobs help you understand the value of time, commitment, and gain financial independence. Getting an online job will help you build a resume for your future as long as you don’t jeopardize your education. Your school and local library can help you find jobs that are legal for your age. Enrolling in high school coding classes will also open the door to freelance work opportunities for high schoolers.
Online Jobs for 15-Year-Olds FAQ
As a 15-year-old, you can easily take care of your neighbor’s lawn, help with car washing, tutor your friends, or be a pet sitter. These teen jobs do not require any specific skills, only a desire to work. Alternatively, teens could put up handmade items for sale online on Facebook Marketplace or Etsy.
Yes, 15-year-olds can work a limited number of hours per week on school days and non-school days or weeks, according to the US Department of Labor. The nature of the job tasks assigned to teens shouldn’t be hazardous and cannot include anything related to manufacturing or mining.
There is no minimum age requirement for working online in general. However, some employers require a minimum age to work, and some online platforms require a minimum age of 13, 16, or 18 to create an account.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.