Senior front end developers have one of the highest paying jobs in the tech industry. The average senior front end developer makes over $114,000 per year. Senior front end developers are in high demand as the tech industry focuses on user friendliness within it’s apps and services. Statistics project a 15% increase in job growth which will introduce a total of 24,400 more front end development jobs into the tech workforce by 2026. So, if you’re ready to hop on board the front end development movement, you may be wondering what an interview is like for such a prestigious position. Career Karma has the breakdown plus tips on how to ace your own front end development interview.
What is a Senior Front End Developer?
Most Common Senior Front End Developer Interview Questions
So, if you happen to have some of the qualities above and the prospect of coding and collaborating with others interests you, then front end development may be the right path for you. In order to prepare for your future interview, let’s take a look at some of the most commonly asked interview questions for senior front end developers.
- How do you speed up the single page application?
- How would you insert a string into an HTML element?
- What are your greatest technical strengths?
- What is the difference between border-box and content-box?
- What’s the difference between == and === operators?
- What CSS would you write to handle the following scenarios: show a 4 column grid at viewport >800 px, 2 column grid at viewport > 500 px and < 800px, and a single column at viewport < 500px.
- What is accessibility? How do you achieve it?
- What is the difference between session storage, local storage and cookies?
- Have you managed employees in the past?
How to Get Started as a Senior Front End Developer
If you’re ready to begin your front end development journey, you may be wondering where to get started. If you want to make a career out of coding, the best place to learn is through a coding bootcamp. Bootcamps focus on teaching career driven skills that will help you get a job in your desired coding field after graduation. Career Karma can help match you to the best coding bootcamp that’s right for you.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.